Baxter of California Hard Water Pomade uploaded by Ben P.Baxter of California Hard Water Pomade uploaded by Shaun J.

BY BAXTER OF CALIFORNIA #41 in Pomades & Waxes

FIRM HOLD / SHINE FINISH

Enhanced with elastic fibers, this firm-hold, water-based styling formula provides dimension, shine and all-day control without stiffness. Rinses clean out of hair. Baxter of California pomades can be mixed and matched to achieve a multitude of hair styles.

2 oz / 60 ml

Jock G.
Jock G.
Baxter's Hard Water Pomade claims to be a firm hold/shine finish product. It feels like a greasy, thick gel. I will say right off the bat, it does give you a good hold and it does err toward to a shiny finish (which could be pro or con depending on if you want a wet or dry look).

For me, I find the best way to use hair products is to layer them. So I would 1) work in a soft creme, or a comparable workable pomade; 2) add a thickening agent like a hard creme; and 3) finish with something that gives a firm hold, like this stuff. That said, if you only could buy one product, this one is flexible enough to be used on its own without the other layers of product.

Also, not a huge believer in the "less is more" rule when it comes to hair products. I prefer a good finger full evenly worked throughout. Same for this product. I mean I don't goop it on, but using a "dime-size" isn't enough. You need a decent amount spread over all your hair for a firm, balanced hold.

Since all hair is different and the styles desired by people are too, hair products can be very subjective in how they are rated. That caveat aside, if your hair is short and you do use product, then I'd bet this hard water pomade could find a home in your hair product selection. It is pliable and can be reworked several times before it starts to set. Once it does, you would need water to really work it again; kind of a bummer, since so many products can just be reworked as necessary now without the need for re-wetting. As a closing note, the glass jar this stuff comes in is really cool.

In the end, I would use the product again because it can serve as an all-in-one hair product and don't mind a shine finish (at least right now with my current hair style).
Mabel A.
Mabel A.
Midvale, UT
Amazing product! I take my two older sons to a Barber Shop here in SLC. Baxter is the main product used all men's cuts and styles. Our first time at the Barber shop, my boys had to get their own Baxter product. Not only does it smell amazing, but it is a brand that has many different products to choose from. Depending on what style you want your hair or how you like to style it, this is our favorite Hair product for men. This is a must buy for any guy who uses any type of hair pomade.
Marco G.
Marco G.
Nogales, AZ
Shine and texture
This product works wonderfully, if you don't like a completely matte finish on you hair this one is for you. It leaves the hair with a moderate shiny finish and that helps a lot in showing the natural texture of your hair and the haircut. The hold is firm and makes styling a hair like mine (straight and unruly) so much easier. I got this product complimentary from Influenster for reviewing purposes, my opinion is honest and personal.

Sandrini S.
Sandrini S.
Lynwood , CA
My hubby goes to one of his favorite barbershop that uses Baxter of California, and every time he comes home, he always looks shape and handsome, I know that product helps the haircut look even better. He buys from time to time this stuff. He's a huge fan of all Baxter of California products. <3
Courtney S.
Courtney S.
Seattle, WA
I used to work in a super busy barbershop, Rudy's Barbershop, and we carried this product. It's high hold, high shine.. so great for pompadors, hard parts, or any style that you want a slick, clean look for. Lasts all day, easily washes out with shampoo. Great product!
Enrique P.
Enrique P.
Dover, NJ
It's a great starter hair product for someone who has never used a hair product before. It doesn't stay sticky nor oily it makes your hair look like you woke up fabulously and I would recommend this product to someone who's new to the hair products world.
Caleb C.
Caleb C.
Pittsburgh , PA
I love this stuff, I've tried all kinds of gels and pomades and hair products over the years and nothing works like you want it to, the aveda stuff doesn't even compare this stuff is like the pomade that George Clooney loved in brother where art thou
Eric H.
Eric H.
Tulsa, OK
This stuff is amazing. Honestly everything that Baxter does is pretty fantastic. It will last you quite a while, so don't flinch at the price tag. It's a good value. I love the smell of it (and all they're products).
stephanie p.
stephanie p.
Trenton, NJ
I love love this product I never used hair product before I started using brixton and it holds my hair great and doesn't leave it greasy or oily and it's super easy to wash out
Rosmary M.
Rosmary M.
Esta pomada huele riquísima, me encanta que mi novio la use. Es uno de sus productos favoritos, el viaja con frecuencia y esto es algo que nunca se le puede quedar.
Priscilla C.
Priscilla C.
Rllng Hls Est, CA
What exactly is water pomade
Holly A.
Holly A.
Wasilla, AK
What's this for? Where can it be bought?
Jasmine M.
Jasmine M.
Panama City, FL
Does this weigh the hair down?
Idania M.
Idania M.
Cual es el uso de este pomo?
lena O.