Baxter of California Clay Pomade uploaded by Oscar G.

BY BAXTER OF CALIFORNIA #80 in Pomades & Waxes

FIRM HOLD / MATTE FINISH

Award-winning and customer-favorite styling clay separates, defines and molds hair in place to deliver a strong, pliable hold all day. Infused with natural ingredients such as clay and beeswax, the texturizing, paraben-free formula works for any style. Baxter of California pomades can be mixed and matched to achieve a multitude of hair styles.

Men's Health Grooming Award for Best Styling Product

Details Reader's Choice Award for Best Hair Wax

WATCH how to use Clay Pomade.

• Paraben-free
  • 2 oz / 60 ml

Brandon C.
Tampa, FL
This is the first "name brand" hair product that I have used (that cost more than 6 bucks) and I have to say I am a changed man. I love how great this holds my hair throughout the day. It is easy to use once you warm it up and washes out pretty easy for not being water based! My hair does fall out of place after strong gusts of winds or lots of activities, but the benefit of it being made from clay lets you readjust your hair back to the way it was and leaves no residue on your hands! I love how easy it is to constantly manipulate your hair throughout the day and still keep its hold. I definitely recommend!
Jock G.
This is a review for other Asians who have difficult hair, not the hair models that could make anything work. The product doesn't work well for the average thick Asian hair if you plan to style it against the natural direction your hair grows (e.g. styling your hair back for typical disconnected undercuts, etc.). The hold just isn't strong enough by itself.
I want to start this review by stating that unless a product significantly impresses me, I do not give out a perfect score or rating. With that being said, this is by far the best hair styling product I have ever used. I have been styling my hair with a short, spiked (messy) look for about 5 years. I have relatively thin black hair with not much volume. My hair is long up top with short sides. If I don't put anything in my hair my hair is flat and boring. I've used many hair products to help compensate for my lack of volume. From gel to pomade and even just conditioner, nothing really helped. If I do use product, it seems to wear out easily and won't keep my hairdo I've spent so much time on. I thought I found the right product in the American Crew line, but when I tried this Clay pomade by Baxter, I've never touched anything else. The product itself smells great and can easily be washed out of your hands and hair. It also is kept in a great quality glass container.

I like the matte look from this clay pomade and helped keep my hair up throughout the day. I've gotten many compliments on how my hair looks and smells. I take a shower every morning and do my hair, even if I don't go out, because otherwise my hair would annoy the F*** out me and just hang over my face. I usually style after I've changed and towel dried my hair. I find it easier to style when my hair is a little wet, but not damp. If my hair has dried up already, I can just run my hands through the water and shake it around my hair to moisten it up. I like my hair more natural looking and I usually just use my fingers to run my hair back to a more casual and natural comb back style. A little goes a long way. I can run my fingers through my hair throughout the day and still keep the shape I want. I can't do that with anything else. My hair keeps the volume I want and actually keeps it up the whole day. Other products would fail me mid day and even flatten out.Best hair product I've ever used. It has a matte finish that works great with dark hair - doesn't give that shiny/oily look. A little goes a long way with this stuff. Less than 1/4 of the jar has lasted me almost an entire year.

When I ride my motorcycle, I hate when my helmet flattens out my hair and stays flat. With other products I've used, I can never get my hair back to the way I wanted. With Baxter's Clay Pomade, I can take my helmet off, run my fingers through my hair no problem, and bring it to the way I wanted without adding anything.

I absolutely love Baxter's Clay Pomade. After years of trying various types of products with all types of different hair styles, I can honestly say that this will be the product I will use for the rest of my life.... or until I go bald.
Derek B.
Pleasant Hill, IA
I've been trying to find the perfect product to keep my hair in place throughout my day without creating that extra shine that other products have. It is slightly pricier than I would usually spend on a hair product, but spending $20 on something that works and lasts for a few months is well worth it. The Baxter of California Clay Pomade warms up fairly quick and washes out easily in the shower. I recommend this to anyone who needs a styling product that creates a nice hold without giving up halfway through the day.
Patricia L.
Franklin sq, NY
I bought this for my boyfriend from Urban outfitters he loves it. But I actually use it more than him lol! I cut my bangs and they have been hard to tame. This pomade is perfect for my hair and it makes it look so beautifully in place!
Brendan S.
Huntsville
I have brown, short hair that I style as a side part. This is a great product with a firm grip and a matte finish. The product works into the hair well with no lasting scent. It was exactly what I thought it would be. I would definitely recommend this product.
Derek K.
When I first used this product I thought I would hate it. I was warming up the wax in my hands and the smell was atrocious. I decided I might as well just use it since it was already in my hands.

I will say after that- I haven't noticed the smell and this product has held my hair so well throughout the day. I had a long day of dance classes and working out and this product kept my hair out of my face and looking really nice. Even though the smell is a little off, I think this is a product I could see myself using for a while because it holds so well.
Daniel C.
Lodi, CA
Great long lasting hold. The reason I love this product is because it doesn't gum up. It has a very natural look and feel. Just be careful not to overuse as with any hair care product.
Melissa J.
Salyersville , KY
My son uses this and he lives the texture and amount of hold that it gives his hair! It's great quality, and it also smells absolutely amazing! It's effective and not bad prices for the amount of product you get.
Luke T.
Los Angeles
I just started using Baxter Clay this past weekend and I am SOLD. It's matte. It's lightweight. It keeps my hair in place. It's not oily. It washes right out. What more could a person ask for??
Juan D.
Fairfield
I just started using this product but I'm enjoying it a lot!!! I was using American crew before this but I find this way better. The smell is great it leaves my hair very soft . I'm going to try the others ones soon
Sam R.
Master Groomer Expert Level 4
I looking for something for my boyfriend how well is this