Battlefield 3 for PS3

My boyfriend wants a game for Christmas and I'm starting to look now is this a good game for him ? To give as a gift ??
It is an entertaining game?
Battlefield 3 is my favorite shooting game. And that's saying a lot because I love COD and halo. Conquest (online play) is soooooooo fun! The maps are huge and you can ride helicopters, quads, tanks, etc. It is the most realistic shooting game I have played.
Start your review of Battlefield 3 for PS3!
How would you rate this product?
Product Highlights
“Battlefield is a top bar setting video game, alot of time must have been spent in the making as game play is impeccable.” in 17 reviews
“Battlefield is one of them great games that i think its realistic into its own ways of shooters out there to date stepping up better then the call of duty series by being military for it's likeness and for it's realness and realistic game plays at some point.” in 16 reviews
“The graphics far exceed that of any other first person shooter game and the realistic aspect of it makes it even more enjoyable.” in 13 reviews
“With the online play being a quite amazing and entertaining experience, this game is sure to be around for at least a few more years. ” in 9 reviews
“This game is amazing....the quality and missions the games have in store to you..and the story line is just amazing.You will love this game” in 7 reviews
This is the best game I have ever played and I an obsessed with it. The graphics far exceed that of any other first person shooter game and the realistic aspect of it makes it even more enjoyable. My favorite map is metro in which you play underground in a train station and you also can go above ground. You have a great deal of flexibility in what you want to use as your weapons and you unlock guns and other special items as you advance in ranking. There is also the option of being a medic or mechanic, etc. which makes the game very intriguing. The overall experience is simply incredible and you must play it to understand what I'm talking about. As a female, I believe that it may be difficult to figure out the controls but come on girls, you have to give it a try. Surprise your man and learn how to play! You will not be disappointed!
Eastport , NY
Battlefield 3 introduces Frostbite 2, the incredible technology that takes animation, destruction, lighting, scale and audio Feel the impact of bullets and explosions, drag your fallen comrades into safety, and mount your weapon on almost any part of the terrain The best online vehicular warfare experience gets even better with a fitting sonic boom as fighter jets headline impressive lineup vehicles Take the fight to iconic and unexpected urban locations in the USA, Middle East, and Europe Experience gripping multiplayer action with 2-24 player battles supported online
Crestview, FL
Battle field 3 is a phenomenal game. The single player campaign had outstanding graphics, however I do not feel the gameplay was very good. The campaign also did not last very long. The single player however makes up for it. The ability to use vehicles in a large map to me is great. Its not your typical first person shooter game. You have the ability to play an active role in your team as a medic, engineer, etc.. I say Do not compare to COD because it is made off a different engine so graphics are very different, game play is entirely different, and this is meant for a more "realistic" style warfare. If you haven't tried this game I would recommend you pick it up, play it and enjoy it its well worth the money!
Monroe, NC
I bought this game when it first came out, i was so excited about it. Played the campaign and it was WONDERFUL! I absolutely loved it. It had everything, drama, challanges, blood, what more could you ask for? But then once the campaign came to an end, it was finally time for the online play. I, as an avid GoW and Halo player, LOVE online modes, HOWEVER, this online was awful. Every time you lost your life, you respawned all the way at the back of the map. Most of the people playing could not understand that this game is not like call of duty, run and gun, but is an all for one and one for all kind of game. It was SO annoying, i could not play online for long.
Columbus , OH
This game is about as real as you'll get when it comes to First Person Shooter war games. The player movement on it is very well done, however the map elements can really mess you up if you're playing online multiplayer. The Dynamic Map Elements allow buildings to fall over when shot at, and walls to get holes shot though them, which often blows your cover. A lot of players don't really praise the dynamic map elements since they can change your entire game experience. Multiplayer aside, the campaign for this game is AWESOME. They really drew the player in with their character development, however the ending to the campaign was kind of a let down. There isn't as much cursing in this game, as there is in others which is a plus. And the gore is minimal compared to other games as well!
El Paso, TX
My husband plays this game online. It helps him get anger and frustration out, not in a bad way. He likes playing with his friends and watching stuff go boom. He is patiently waiting for Battlefield 4, but doesn't know if he wants it for the XBox One or the PS4. Either way, this game is good for ADULTS who like to watch stuff go boom. Please stop letting your 7 year old children play this game. Rated M for MATURE!
Lancaster, CA
I've been playing this game since it came out and recently purchased the PREMIUM pack which comes with awesome new maps, weapons and game modes. The game is fun and if you need a break, you can watch BattleFriends on youtube for a good laugh. From blowing up tanks with my trustee C4, to leaving a "crumb trail" of C4 behind an enemy sniper, this game will get you laughing. Play MP with friends for real tactical approaches to WIN! Dozens of crazy ways to die. I love the map sizes and you can play in the skies or on ground, the possibilities are endless.
Indianapolis, IN
My husband bought this and was addicted to it(still is).It took me a while to get use to the different controls(vs. COD controls are totally different and often found myself crouching up and down behind someone in an attempt to knife them). Once I got the hang of it I love this game as well. The only thing I'm not fond of is the HUGE maps. I like spacey maps but it takes FOREVER on foot to get from one place to another and I'm still not a pro at the vehicles on there either. All in all great game and well worth the $55.
North Hollywood, CA
Battlefield 3 is down right a great game. At it's time of release I would say it was the best war, first person shooter on the market. It's campaign, amazing. It's online play, great, it's graphics, good. I really enjoyed the realism, as with other war, first person shooter where you have to do most of the work while your fellow soldier wait on you, in battlefield you are given a mission to open say a random door while a fellow soldier has to prepare the explosives for something else... It's really immersive.
Newman, CA
I play this game mostly every day more than my husband I blame him for it because he introduced me to it... I like it so much that I am a better player than him now and I criticize his play methods and annoy him I just get a laugh out of it. I recently purchased the 4th one and I baught the extension pack and it still does not compare to this game and I waited half a year for the 4th one since I pre ordered it I was the first one in the store and inline. I do recommend it but for mature teenagers and adults
Ask a question to the Influenster community...