BY BATISTE #5 in Dry Shampoo

Batiste Dry Shampoo for an instant hair refresh. Batiste Dry Shampoo banishes oily roots, giving dull, lifeless hair the makeover it needs without water. A quick burst revitalises hair, adds body and texture and leaves it feeling clean and fresh too.

• Is this really better for dark hair than the original version? 4 Answers
  • First, does this product actually work for fine/oily hair? And se...15 Answers
  • I love this brand for dry shampoo, but I've never tried this spec...28 Answers
Sara A.
Sara A.
Dallas, TX
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have #curlyhair, so I've grown to accept that my hair will probably always be somewhat dry and will probably never have that hair-commercial shine. Until about 3-4 years ago, I washed my hair every day (which is a huge no-no for us curly girls). It took some thyroid-related hair loss/breakage and scalp dryness to re-evaluate my #haircare routine, and it's been a process - one that I'm still working on perfecting. These days, I typically go 3-4 days (sometimes 5) between washes and usually don't wet my hair during that time at all if I can help it. When I do wash and condition, I use @mydevacurl's no poo and one condition, which give my thin, dry, weak hair the cleansing, moisture, and nourishment it needs. I've found that wearing a loose high ponytail to bed keeps my curls in place and manageable for the next day. Most of the time, I rock a topknot on the last day before a wash. You learn what works for you, ya know? I haven't switched up my routine in a while, but I recently tried this @batiste_us dry shampoo, designed specifically for brunettes - and it's a total #gamechanger. I was always afraid of dry shampoo because I thought you need to brush it through your hair after you spray it. I haven't brushed or combed my hair in years. In fact, I don't even own a brush (all my #curlygirls know what I'm talking about!), so I didn't think dry shampoo would work for me. Over the past few months, though - since coloring my hair for the first time - my roots have gotten pretty oily by day 3 between washes. So, I tried it, I'm obsessed, and I can't believe it took me so long to take the #dryshampoo plunge. This product instantly gives life (and volume!) to my roots, conceals the oil, and lets me go a little longer between washes, which makes my dry curls a little happier - especially now that it's winter. Just a spray at the roots, a little tszuj, and I'm good to go!
Trish M.
Trish M.
Springville, UT
Review for: Medium and Brunette
Finally! I am so happy with this dry shampoo, it is so good. I have tried so many different dry shampoos and all but one other have left my hair with white flakes everywhere. Herbal Essence comes in second to this but still leaves me with some white if I apply more than a very small amount. With this I am able to apply it the day I need it, I don't have to think about it the night before and hope most comes out. It still has a bit of an ashy color when it is sprayed but it brushes into the hair so well and the small amount of added color makes such an amazing difference! I recently got extensions and you are supposed to try not to wash your hair as often to assist the tape and extend the life. Always hard for me as I like to wash every day as I can get oily on top, but now with this I can actually skip a wash or 2. Hoping that because I am able to do the healthy thing for my hair now it will grow more. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this!
Tory S.
Tory S.
Saint Paul, MN
I have dark brown hair so other dry shampoo can make it look white and powdery. Batiste dry shampoo has color in it so it isn't noticeable and is light so that your hair doesn't feel tacky but instead feels freshly washed! The only thing I do not like is the color can rub off. I tend to run my fingers through my hair during the day which means that when I use this dry shampoo I end up looking like I have been digging in the dirt and it can be challenging to get the color out from under your nails. Additionally there was one time when I wore it in a light rain and it ended up running brown drips down my forehead. I would suggest it to anyone with dark hair but remember to keep your hands off and don't go out in the rain!
Allysha G.
Allysha G.
Tacoma, WA
Review for: Medium/Brunette
This brand is my favorite for dry shampoo! This product in particular I love! It keeps my hair looking clean and fresh! The color added is a great feature. As we all know (especially those with darker hair), dry shampoos can leave a grey or powdery tint at times and with this product you do not get that at all. Only negative I have with this is sometimes the tint can fall into your forehead and leave little brown flecks at first but Easily wiped off. FYI you will see the tint wash out when you wash your hair the next time. It turns the water and soap brown but does not stain the tub. All in all, I recommend this brand highly and if you have brown hair, this product is a must!
Cameron M.
Cameron M.
Bristol, TN
Beauty Junkie Expert
I use the "dark/deep brown" shade, and to be honest, this is the only "drugstore" dry shampoo that I've found I can use. The color isn't quite as dark as I'd like and it does leave my roots quite lighter than my natural color (which is almost black), but it's the best I've found that doesn't look straight up WHITE in my hair. Once I let it sit to soak up any oils and then brush it through, the ashiness isn't that bad at all. Also, not a huge fan of the scent, but I find that it doesn't linger too long, so I won't complain. This product has saved me from having to wash every single day, so I'll keep buying and keep using. If they came out with a black one, I'd be THRILLED!
Melissa B.
Melissa B.
Spencerville , IN
Review for: Medium and Brunette
I'm a product junkie and kind of a brand snob.. I usually don't buy anything that's a drugstore brand. However, I kept trying different dry shampoos but was never quite thrilled. My sister turned me onto this stuff when she found it at target and told me I had to get it. It happened to be on sale at my local ulta buy 1 get 1 free, so I bought two to try. I have not tried the other variety but omg this one is wonderful! No embarrassing residue. Smells good but is not overpowering. My hair feels so refreshed too.. Just what I was looking for at an amazing price!! They have so many varieties too that I can't imagine someone not being able to find one they like. Must. Buy!!
Julie T.
Julie T.
Review for: Batiste Dry Shampoo Volumizing Texturizing Refreshing Spray 6.73oz - Dark and Deep Brown
Batiste dry shampoos are definitely the best aerosol dry shampoos that I've tried. However, each "scent" or variety has its problems that irk me. The Chocolate one is great for not developing the whitecast - it's brown just like it says it is, so brunettes and people with black hair shouldn't find it too noticeable on the scalp.
Unfortunately, you *will* find it on your fingertips. When you run your hands through your hair (whether to get it into the roots or just because it's a habit), your fingernails look dirty, like you've been playing in the dirt for too long.
Besides that, this Batiste smells great and works great - just remember not to touch your hair too much!!
Tara A.
Tara A.
QUAKERTOWN, PA
Review for: Medium/Brunette
It works great for brunette hair and doesn't leave any white residue at all due to the color tint. This is nice so it blends well with my brown hair. Unfortunately, it is not the best dry shampoo in general. It's nice that the color matches, but it doesn't work as well as other dry shampoos I've used. I have thick long brown hair. In addition, it is a little pricey; however, I've frequently found it for cheaper at stores like Marshall's or Ross. The only other downfall I would add is that if you get it on your skin it will leave brown residue. It easily washes off, but be careful for double check, because I've gotten it on my forehead a million times and looked ridic.
Amanda B.
Amanda B.
Review for: A Hint Of Color Dark Deep Brown Aerosol Can
I've been using this dry shampoo for about two years, and I absolutely love it! The tint really makes a difference for dark hair. No need to worry about any light residue looking like dust on your head.

The smell is strong at first, but for me it fades away. If you're sensitive to smells, test it out before you commit to it. Also, because it is tinted, it can stain different things. For example, if you scratch your head, you'll get dark residue in your nails or if you're spray crazy and wearing a white shirt, it might stain that. So just be aware when using it. But I really love it and it will always be a holy grail product for me. #DryShampooChallenge
Lauren K.
I LOVE this dry shampoo! Now, I'm using the Brilliant Blonde, as I've died my hair, let me tell you, not only does it take 5 stars for oil absorption, ridding any smell, and boosting volume. But it covers my dark brunette roots!! I've used the Brunette version, to see if it would add shine before I colored hair, but didn't notice any difference between it and the original, as far as color went. Def recommend this as a root cover-up as well as dry shampoo! Love Batiste, no need to go for higher priced dry shampoo, go to drug store or big store, it's usually 7.99, and worth $39.99 (price for most expensive I've tried)for the uses and amount in bottle!
Katie T.
Katie T.
I love this brand for dry shampoo, but I've never tried this specific product. Does the dark pigment of it transfer to your clothes or face? Thanks!
Algonquin, IL
First, does this product actually work for fine/oily hair? And second, does it work for brunette hair? Or does it leave a haze on the roots/scalp?
Katie L.
Katie L.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Where is a place to buy this that is reasonably affordable? I found it at Ulta for $8, but I feel that's kind of high!
Molly B.
Molly B.
Columbia, SC
Does this dry shampoo work better for blondes than the usual one shade fits all alternative?
Amber G.
Amber G.
Starkville, MS
Is this better for darker hair than the original?