Batiste™ Dry ShampooInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017

BY BATISTE #1 in Dry Shampoo

Batiste Dry Shampoo is the quick and convenient way to get soft, clean and fresh smelling hair, without water. Batiste offers an instant fix by revitalizing greasy, dull and lifeless hair. Batiste thickens thin fly-away hair and adds texture and body for that easy style solution. Simply spray it on and comb it out.

• What stores can I find in?425 Answers
  • Has anyone else tried this dry shampoo? How well did it work for ...8 Answers
  • I'm looking for a new dry shampoo, would you suggest this?38 Answers
Ashley L.
Burlington, WA
I'm newer into the dry shampoo scene, but am loving it for so many reasons! First, I struggle with hair loss and my hair is pretty thin and fine. My hair has been growing back in (Woohoo!), but it doesn't hold much volume or shape. After some tips from friends and Internet I heard that dry shampoo can give hair the much needed grit as well as ease of hair do's. After I apply a few other hair care products and blow dry with a paddle brush upside down I spray dry shampoo at my roots, back-tease and style. It has helped SOOOO much! I have also recently stopped shampooing daily and have been using dry shampoo to help with that. I was using Pantene Pro-V's dry shampoo and without anything to compare it to thought it did an okay job. It was running out and I decided to try another brand. After reading many reviews online vs/ cost, etc I wanted to give Batiste Dry Shampoo a try. Let me just say, I can't believe the difference! When Batiste says instant results, that is true. As soon as it is applied to your roots there it literally soaks up the oil. It has much more grit to it which makes it so much easier to achieve the styles I am looking for. It smells really good and not too overpowering. It does go on a bit white, but blends in really well once you brush or run your fingers through it. I don't have to use as much either which is a bonus! Overall very happy!
nupur p.
Indianapolis, IN
I love these products! People have told me about dry shampoo for years but it was recommended to me by my biology professor who explained to me at the cellular level why it is that this works, and I figured I'd give them a try. (especially after I realized it costs less than half of what I pay for my normal brands!) After the first use my hair looked shinier and was softer but not necessarily healthier. I used to have to use volumizing powder, root booster, Argan oil, hairspray, a blowdryer and a curling iron just to make my hair look decent, but a week in to my trial I was running late & didn't have time to do anything but throw in detangler and comb my hair through as I walked out the door. I got so many compliments on how awesome my hair looked and multiple people asked me if I had got my hair done earlier that day. I realized that for the first time in as long as I can remember I can wear my hair natural and virtually product free because it looks so healthy and amazing! I've also noticed that it's gotten much thicker, I used to have bare spots on the sides of my head when I pulled my hair into a pony tail, but now there is thick, full coverage everywhere. I couldn't be happier.

Kristina R.
This does work at soaking up oils, however I have a sensitive scalp and after awhile it starts to make my head feel itchy. Also, I usually buy the unscented original one (so not sure if this same issue goes for the scented versions) but by the end of the night my hair does not smell good... and I don't mean because I haven't washed my hair for days. I wash my hair almost everyday but sometimes will try to go a day not washing it and use this dry shampoo instead but can't stand the way my hair smells after wearing it all day long. It literally stinks... Normally I wash my hair daily because I can get pretty oily/itchy (sensitive scalp) and was really hoping this dry shampoo would save me from having to wash my hair everyday since I ALWAYS hear people rave about it but sadly it isn't a holy grail for me... I do sometimes use it to hold curls in my hair longer (my curls hold longer when there's some "texture" in my hair) but I've stopped using it for it's dry shampoo purpose. I'm still searching for a dry shampoo brand that will work for me!
Ashley R.
I got my Batiste Dry shampoo in the original scent. This is a pretty popular dry shampoo in the beauty community. I feel like it is one of the most well known dry shampoos from the drugstore. I just want to point out that I have dry hair at the ends but pretty oily at the roots. My hair usually can't get past a day without starting to get oily. I don't enjoy washing my hair on a daily basis so dry shampoo is my go too so I thought I would give this a try. It has a nice smell and a nice even spray. If you are not sure how to apply dry shampoo all you do is separate different parts of your hair and spray the product at the roots of your hair where you are oily that you would like not to be seen. Then all that you do is rub in a bit or you can just brush through it. My hair looks great after it is first applied. Gets rid of any shininess my hair may have had. It also gave my hair some nice volume and texture which I enjoyed. I started noticing after only 2 hours my oily hair started peek
Jess H.
Weymouth, MA
Having oily skin and a LOT of thin hair, dry shampoo is essential. Over the years I've tried multiple different dry shampoos (Psst, tressme, living proof, bumble, loreal, etc) and Batiste is by far the best. Not only does it work the best, but it has the best price! PSA to everyone that already uses Batiste, you can grab a can (or 5) at Mashalls/ TJ Maxx for a discounted price. I can't imagine life without my dry shampoo. It makes getting ready in them morning so easy.

One thing that I wish I knew when I first started using dry shampoo is to make sure you use enough. The first few weeks I tried it I wasnt seeing any results and that was because I wasnt using enough product. Having dark brown hair I was afraid it would turn my hair gray and be noticeable. That is not the case at all! Sure, sometimes I have to take an extra minute to make sure its rubbed in all the way and brushed out, but I have never had to take more extreme measures to make sure it wasnt visible!
Carly T.
Nampa, ID
My hair is thin, fine, and oily. Needless to say, I do not get a lot of volume, even with blow dry and mousse, and other products. However, after going through the gauntlet with different dry shampoo brands, I was discouraged by the white residue, weird scents, the chalky consistency my hair had after spraying, massaging, combing, remixing, et cetera, I was ready to give up on dry shampoos. But then I got a travel size of it at Walgreens, and thought it would be the LAST TIME I would try dry shampoo. It was a miracle. There was a *little bit* of white residue, but it disappeared after massaging into my scalp. My hair feels clean, smells clean, no chalky feeling, no difficulty combing through due to hair clotting, no problems at all, whatsoever.
The BEST part of Batiste dry shampoo is the volume I get!!! So much volume, and the next day, my hair felt and looked just as great as the day I sprayed. It also works with spray in conditioners!Thanks Batiste!!!! I
Elizabeth O.
Ok so where do I start ok so I tried many other dry shampoos and none of them seem to work so I went on YouTube a while back and looked at some of the beauty gurus and I saw that batiste dry shampoo was being mentioned a lot, but I didn't think anything of it because I thought dry shampoo didn't work for my hair because my hair is really oily . So about a week ago I went to Target to get few things I needed and I saw the dry shampoo it wasn't Pricey at all actually they had a very good price it was $3.99 for the small and the large one was around $5.00 I don't really remember so I brought it I didn't really think anything of it. The next few days I tired it and I swear I was so surprised because this did Magic to my hair. I said, " I finally found a dry shampoo I could count on ",and it smelled fabulous. It just left a white residue on my hair but that's because I have really dark black hair but it goes away once you massage the product into your hair
Linda H.
Richmond, VA
This is a lifesaver for me. I recently bleached my hair and am now rocking an ashy blonde/silver color. I thought bleaching my hair would make me need to wash it less because it would be dry but surprise surprise, my roots are oily, just like they used to be before I bleached my hair. I have FINE hair, and that means after 20+ hours, my roots start to look greasy... It's not cute. I am trying to preserve this color and not have to re-do my hair every 2 days, so I'm trying my hardest to stretch out my washes and man can I tell you... this product works for me. Not only can you not see the dry shampoo in my roots since my hair is so light, it soaks the oil right up.
The only issue I ever have is if I try to stretch the washes out too long... I start to get build up at my scalp. But that's because I'm refreshing the dry shampoo every day. It's bound to build up somewhere.
Anyways, TLDR; It's a lifesaver, check it out.
Brianne S.
West Chester, OH
After trying many, many dry shampoos, once again, the U.K. does it right!! The price point, the application, the many ways to purchase it, the scents, the sizes, the ease of use! I can't say enough about this product!! It is definitely a staple in my beauty products. I always have a full size bottle on my vanity and a travel size bottle to take with me. This is so easy to use. I have tried several different brands of dry shampoo from name brands to even baby powder and this one takes the cake. If used correctly, a simple shake of the bottle, spray 6-8" away from your scalp, rub/massage through your hair and style, you can seriously shampoo your hair with regular shampoo 3x a week like you should be doing and supplement with Batiste in between without looking greasy!! I recommend to anyone that needs a dry shampoo!! It's best purchased on Amazon for $5-$6 a bottle and shipped straight to your door! Easy peezy!
Hannah H.
Sn Luis Obisp, CA
If you're looking for a cheap & cheerful dry shampoo for the summer months, this is it. I picked mine up at target for around $7. I was immediately drawn to the packaging and the fact that it was coconut scented. This product effectively soaks up excess oils, but I haven't noticed much in regards to it being texturizing/volumizing as most dry shampoos claim to be. There are a couple of cons to this product, though. It leaves an intense white cast (like most dry shampoos) that you might miss since it takes a few seconds to show up. Make sure that you wait until you see the white, and massage it out with your fingers before going on with your day. Also, if you are really sensitive to chemicals or scented products, you might want to try another dry shampoo product (perhaps the unscented version, or a powdered dry shampoo). At the end of the day I would recommend this product, it definitely gets the job done.
Nicole C.
Brighton, MA
What stores can I find in?
Jamye C.
Norwalk, CT
Does this really work?do u recommend it?
Callie B.
Aliso Viejo, CA
Where can I find the best price for Batiste?
Calla C.
Granville, NY
Does this help with oiliness on second day hair?
Ally l.
Avon, NY
I have used herbal essence dry shampoo and wasn't as pleased as I wanted to be with it...it didn't really make my hair look super fresh...is this batiste stuff really prime?