Batiste™ Dry ShampooInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017

BY BATISTE #1 in Dry Shampoo

Buy now on ULTA
and get 2.5% CASH BACK with
powered by

Batiste Dry Shampoo is the quick and convenient way to get soft, clean and fresh smelling hair, without water. Batiste offers an instant fix by revitalizing greasy, dull and lifeless hair. Batiste thickens thin fly-away hair and adds texture and body for that easy style solution. Simply spray it on and comb it out.

Anne J.
Nashville, TN
Review for: TROPICAL more...
I have thick, long, and sometimes uncontrollable wavy hair and I'm not going to lie, trying to maintain a normal wash schedule is a struggle for me because of just how long the process is. From washing, conditioning, drying and styling, not only do I spend at least two hours completing the process, but I also end up using way more heat styling products on my hair than I would like! I'm SO LUCKY that naturally I can go two to three days without my hair getting uncontrollably greasy, but that's only on days when I'm not having to walk to and from classes in the southern heat or attending a Spin class (and trust me, I always have to wash my hair after a SoulCycle session!) -- but, with Batiste, I can extend my wash just a day or two more overall.

This is HANDS DOWN my FAVORITE Dry Shampoo of all time! I've tried everything from Dove's to Not Your Mother's, but Batiste is the only one that doesn't leave a thick, textured film over my hair after use. With previous ones I always felt like they left a somewhat hairspray-ish feel on my hair and it just felt stiff and yucky, but my hair feels fresh and clean after a couple of spritzes of this stuff. Plus, the smell is AMAZING! I hate powdery smelling dry shampoos and the hints of coconut in this are great.

My favorite way to use this is right before bed; I'll section my hair into a few parts and spray on the dry shampoo and then usually I'll put it up in a loose bun with a scrunchy to sleep. I DO NOT SHAKE IT OR BRUSH IT OUT WHEN I DO THIS. I will run my fingers through it to evenly disperse the product, but I want it to stay focused at my roots so that it soaks up everything there. In the morning, I'll spray a little bit more to areas I think need it and then brush it out.

I love this stuff for the smells, how it feels, and the fact that it DOESN'T MAKE MY DARK HAIR HAVE A GREY-ISH TINT TO IT! My hair looks fresh, clean, and ready for the day. I recommend this to ANYONE! Plus, you can buy a huge bottle that lasts for months!

Mahsa K.
SAN FRANCISCO, CA
Review for: ORIGINAL more...
Finally started to take hair stylists advice to wash my hair less and dry shampoo has been a vital part of that process. For the past year I've been washing my hair once every 3 days, beginning to use dry shampoo to keep the oil at bay at the end of that second day. My hair is now healthier, color less faded, and my hair better trained to go longer without showering.
How I use: spray about a foot away, a few spritz in the front, then flip my hair upside down and spray into roots, once i flip back my hair is left with major volume
As for this particular brand-->
Pros:
* For the price, its very effective in its purpose, deodorizes, oil absorbs, and volumizes wonderfully
* My dark hair is left with very little to no white residue or build-up once i give it a good shake, unlike most other dry shampoos tried
Cons:
* I tend to stick to natural ingredients in my hair/skin products and I'm still unsure on the list of ingredients for this one
* Fragrance is a little stronger/artificial smelling than I'd prefer, though it seems to fade completely within a couple hours
Caraline J.
Clermont
Review for: TROPICAL more...
I have extremely long hair (to my butt!) and it's a pain to wash and requires I use a lot of shampoo and conditioner each wash - adding a lot of expenses. Prior to using this product, I had built my hair up to washing it every 3-4 days. Ever since I started using it, I am usually able to go 5 days (once I went 7 days) without washing my hair and it doesn't look greasy or oily at all.

I went through about 10 different dry shampoos, finally giving up on them for months until I tried Batiste after seeing a blogger share it on Instagram. I am so so glad I tried it out! It smells great, doesn't leave my brunette hair white and works wonders. A lot of other brands made my hair feel weird but not Batiste.

I usually use it right before bed directly on my roots and I run my fingers through it a little. After that, I do a quick brush and sleep with it in a bun. I have a large bottle at home and I keep a small travel sized one for trips.

I keep re-buying the tropical scent but I want to try a new one soon (P.S. it smells amazing!)
Kristy R.
This dry shampoo is a hair life saver! I use it all the time and now I can't imagine going without it. I love the convenience of being able to refresh my hair with this instead of having to wash my hair everytime it starts to look or feel oily. I have a lot of hair and it's very long so washing my hair is quite the task I've tried more expensive dry shampoos, but I always end up coming back to Batiste. You just can't beat the price or the convenience of being able to buy it at any drug store or at Ulta. I always try to stock up when I see a bogo 1/2 off sale going on. I've tried most of the scents and they're all great. They all have a nice smell, but it's never too strong or overpowering. This dry shampoo does put a white cast on your hair when you spray it, but it easily disappears when you work the product into your hair. I really can't say enough good things about this product and I recommend it to people all the time.
Yevgeniya S.
Palm Harbor, FL
I am a female in my 20’s and suffer from profuse hair thinning brought about by hypothyroidism for the past decade. Each year I notice more and more visible scalp. I have tired used several products to combat this hair loss in the past, but Batiste Dry Shampoo in deep dark brown is the best product I have ever used to hide my thinning hair. It works even better than those expensive “hair fibers” and Luxury dry shampoos. It is so easy to touch up and make my blowout last longer, but I mainly purchase this product to hide my hair loss. I would highly recommend this product! How I Use This Product: After I have washed and blow-dried my hair, I part my hair in several sections and spray the dry shampoo along the hairline but not the part itself. Then I comb the product through my hair and style with hairspray or a smoothing serum. When first applied, the dry shampoo will appear to be a grayish color, but after you brush it through your hair, the grey will fade and your left with a darker, fuller hair line. This look will last all day, and sometimes into the next day, to cover up the thinning spots. Pros: This product is fantastic because you cannot even tell I have thinning hair! I have always been self-conscience about my hair and this product has really boosted my confidence. I cannot live without this product. It also has a fragrance added to the shampoo, it’s not my favorite but it does smell nice. Sometimes I can also find this on the shelves at my local supermarket on sale. Cons: This product does leave residue. If you like touching your hair, you will probably get some on your fingertips or under your nails. Do you have white sheets? You might find some dark speckles on your pillowcase. Not a big deal but something to keep in mind. Also, you cannot swim or sweat in this product. When your scalp gets any kind of moisture you must retouch after your hair has dried again. If I could change anything about this product (other than being waterproof), I wish this product came in a smaller travel size. I would love to be able to pop it in my purse instead of lugging around the full size can. Again, I highly recommend this product. I will continue to buy it as long it is on amazon or my local store shelves.I was really hesitant to post pictures of my hair online but I’m writing this review so that anyone who is self-conscious about thinning hair can read this review and try this product. I absolute love it. A must have! Note: The medium size can is too large to pass through TSA, so if you will be flying, this product must be checked in your bag.
Tori N.
Review for: ORIGINAL more...
A few friends recommended this brand after I asked around about dry shampoos to try. Grabbed this while I was in Kroger one day and gave it a shot. The first spray misted on well enough, but after spraying down another section of 3rd day unwashed hair, I noticed it left a white residue. The smell was also a bit too strong for my liking.

Pros:
+ Cheaper price tag than many other brands
+ Gives my hair a cleaner look
+ Adds texture

Cons:
- The smell's a bit too strong for me, even with the original
- Leaves a white residue on my darker brown hair
- Texture added isn't as easy to run my fingers through, so I feel like my hair gets weighed down with this product
- Ingredients list, it isn't cruelty-free

I'd rather splurge a little extra on IGK's charcoal dry shampoo, since that leaves my hair feeling cleaner, is cruelty-free/vegan, and is easier to style with.
Nora C.
Madison, WI
Review for: ORIGINAL, BLUSH, TROPICAL more...
This is by far one of the best dry shampoo brands I have ever come across but it does have it's flaws. For me a dry shampoo has to: smell nice, not leave the weird white residue, absorb oils, but most importantly not make my hair feel stiff and dry! This product meets all of my standards except one which I will get into later. For one OH MY GOSH IT MAKES MY HAIR FEEL AMAZING! With other dry shampoos I have used it makes it feel soft and not oily but it also doesn't dry my hair out. It is easy to style with which is very important to me! Not to mention it smells amazing! The only problem I have with it is that it does leave some of that white stuff in darker hair. I have light brown/ dirty blonde hair yet it still leaves the excess on and stays for a good hour or two... I still have yet to find the perfect dry shampoo but this one is very close to it! the pic down below is when I used it to help style my hair for a dance competition! NOTE: ignore the quality of the picture it was taken on my laptop....
Alice P.
Review for: FLORAL ESSENCES bright & lively, CHERRY, BLUSH, NEON vibrant & fruity more...
Amazing, amazing, amazing!

I have thin hair which I stopped washing daily because my hair stylist told me it was simply stripping my scalp of necessary oils and ultimately making my hair worse.

There are only so many ways  one can attempt to hide that their hair is a big greasy mess and truthfully I began to tire of trying to do so. I read somewhere that  baby powder would help in between washes and I did that for years although it made my hair flat. Eventually I tired Acure's powder dry shampoo which was better than baby powder but not magic.

Well when browsing the aisle of my local grocery store I saw this and figured I would try it.  I lifted my hair and sprayed the roots like I would with hairspray and BAM!!! My dirty hair now had volume and looked clean!!!  I had found the magic!

In a bind I can go at least a week without washing my hair if I use this, however it can start to build up and at the week point I'm really pushing it. I think it works best if you don't use it in your hair more than twice in a row.

My only complaint is they have a ton of fun scents with super cute bottles, however these are difficult to find outside of specialty beauty shops.
Iana D.
Review for: FLORAL ESSENCES bright & lively more...
This is by far the best dry shampoo I have ever tried. I've tried cheaper alternatives like Tresemme and Dove, but I end up coming back for this one. The big bottles of Batiste can be found for way cheaper at Marshall's or TJ Maxx for about $8, which is a really good deal if you ask me. You really do have to work it into your hair, but I never had a problem with white streaks. You also brush your hair afterwards and it does a really great job of absorbing oils. It gives a lot of volume so your hair looks even better than fresh-washed hair! They have a variety of smells, but my favorite is the floral essences.  Batiste™ Dry Shampoo
Shauna C.
Review for: ORIGINAL more...
My husband bought this for right after I got my Brazilian blow out one of the workers from Sally's said this was their best selling brand of dry shampoo so he got it for me, I think the smell is nice and refreshing has a hint of baby powder to it and that's exactly what it looks like when I sprayed it on my scalp was baby powder, it took me forever to rub/brush it in my hair to get rid of the white powder look. I didn't really like the way it felt in my hair it just felt like I put powder in my hair and it really didn't do anything for my hair, I washed my hair the day after using it. I was very disappointed because I have heard such great things about this dry shampoo but it was a let down for me.
Nicole C.
Brighton, MA
What stores can I find in?
Jamye C.
Norwalk, CT
Does this really work?do u recommend it?
Callie B.
Hemet, CA
Where can I find the best price for Batiste?
Calla C.
Granville, NY
Does this help with oiliness on second day hair?
Ally l.
Avon, NY
I have used herbal essence dry shampoo and wasn't as pleased as I wanted to be with it...it didn't really make my hair look super fresh...is this batiste stuff really prime?

back