Add a Photo

By BATISTE
#6 in Dry Shampoo

Daily hair styling can cause your hair to become weak, brittle and tired looking. That’s why Batiste created Strength and Shine Dry Shampoo, enriched with L-Arginine – an amino acid known to strengthen the hair structure. A quick spritz instantly refreshes your hair between washes and helps it to look and feel stronger, shinier and altogether gorgeous!

Photos (9)
Erin E.
Erin E.

ALL TIME FAVORITE DRY SHAMPOO!! I love Batiste dry shampoo, but this one is my favorite. I'll use the other ones but I keep a stockpile of this. I think I have 10 cans in my cabinet right now. I always buy it BOGO half off. I only wash my hair twice a week and I use this in between. I also use it for my daughter who has fine thin hair with zero body. This sprays on white, but again brushing through it's virtually undetectable! It's great for adding volume to (especially my daughter's) lifeless hair. I have long thick hair (but my actual hair strands are on the thin side, so I really just have a lot of hair), and I use this even on clean hair days for body. I've use competitors to this brand, Not Your Mother's, which leaves my hair sticky; and Pssst, which doesn't really have any staying power. Batiste is by far the superior dry shampoo. I haven't used any drugstore brands because of the bad experiences I've had with sticky hair when using actual dry shampoo brands. Batiste is my favorite, hands down, and this particular strength and shine formula is long lasting, isn't sticky, adds luster to dull hair and doesn't leave a white film. LOVE THIS!!
Aubrey G.
Aubrey G.
Arlington , VA

Works so well I can make my blow dry last days longer. Let's be honest ladies which ones of us enjoys holding that torture device over our heads and pulling a round brush through our tresses and just the right speed to get the desired result? Go ahead raise your hand... Yeah I thought so! Do yourself a favor and pick this baby up. Not only is it going to save your arms the strain but it strengthens your hair and stops the endless heat damage from blow drying every other day. Plus it has a refreshing smell. The only dry shampoo that works better is Fredrick Fekkai and he charges about 4 times as much which if you ask me is not worth it even if you have the money. Sorry Mr. Fekkai!
Alessandra P.
Alessandra P.

I will never use anything else. This is my favorite dry shampoo ever. The results are absolutely shocking and amazing. This product lifts the oil out of your hair making it look nice and shiny and like it has been washed. I am amazed at how well this product works, I used a couple of other dry shampoo brands because this product can be hard to find around me, but none give me results anywhere near where this product yields. Other products tend to make your hair stiff or white or just not washed in general, but not this one. I am in love with this dry shampoo and will never use any other dry shampoo.
Lauren S.
Lauren S.
Millington, TN

My hair is really thick and wavy, so washing it every day isn't an option. With this dry shampoo, I get at least another day or two before I have to stop being a hot mess. I tend to gravitate toward this brand because the smell isn't overpowering, although it does take a lot of brushing to get out the residue sometimes. My only gripe about Batiste is that there's just not enough product in a can for long hair. I usually run out after four or five uses. If only they made a jumbo can for us thick-maned girls!
Samantha S.
Samantha S.
Rch Cucamonga, CA

FINALLY A DRY SHAMPOO THAT DOESN'T MAKE MY HAIR LOOK MATTE! I'm so happy I decided to try this type of Bastiste (since I love the others, but don't like my hair looking matte.) I normally don't need dry shampoo because I'm able to brush the oil through my hair, but this is now my go-to. I hope they start making it in the travel size so I can throw it in my bag for vacations and trips. I'll spray it on my scalp, let it set for 10ish minutes and then rub it in and brush it through with a boar bristle brush.
Steffie B.
Steffie B.

For the price this thing is fantastic! I have an oily scalp and hair, so I'd need to wash my hair everyday to keep it grease free. With this, I can comfortably do 4. Prior to this I was using Living Proof's dry shampoo, which is my absolute HG. But for $24 a small bottle, I couldn't justify buying a new one after every 6 uses (that's how quickly they run out!). The Batiste definitely leaves residue that will build up throughout the day while the living proof one works to "clean" they hair throughout the day
Sara W.
Sara W.
Allison Park, PA

So I heard so many great things about this dry shampoo! I wanted it primary to give my hair some volume and grit. I spray it in my dark brown hair and of course it was covered in white powder, no biggie. It is powder in a car, of course. So I knew I had to rub it in. Thought that would do the trick. Boy I was wrong! I legit could not get the white to blend in with my hair! I rub my roots for minute just to make this look even close to normal! After this dramatic experience, I had to return.
Julide M.
Julide M.
Phoenix, AZ

This does nothing for my hair in terms of prolonging the period I go without washing. It will help the look of my hair for about an hour and then my hair seems to become heavy and look dirty. Also, no matter how I've tried using this, it always leaves a residue and every time I touch my hair I get white powder on my fingers which then transfers to other things I touch. I would recommend the DOVE dry shampoo over this one. It works much better and is also more affordable.
Alex S.
Alex S.
Klamath Falls, OR

I have thin hair and have not been able to find a dry shampoo that works for me....until now. I purchased a travel size to try this brand and I am in love. The scent is the right level of being present without overpowering. The product is dispensed in a way that helps out my hair without leaving it feeling oily or looking white. I will forever be keeping a bottle or two of this in my hair care kit, and I cannot wait to test out all of the other scents.
Jenny G.
Jenny G.

I love this dry shampoo. It's the best I've ever tried in any price range. I use it on clean hair even just to help my thin hair with volume and texture. My favorite fragrance is "Bare". I've tried many fragrances and even their blend for brunette hair. I don't care for the brunette spray because the color shows under my fingernails after brushing out my hair or styling it. I can go at least 3 days between washing my hair with this dry shampoo.
Sammie B.
Sammie B.
Seattle, WA

Does it leave a white residue on the hair? I've found that a lot of the dry shampoos leave my hair looking white and powdery no matter how much I try to comb it through
Haley B.
Haley B.

Do you see a difference with this label compared to the normal scents of Batiste?
Tiana P.
Tiana P.
San Jose, CA

Does it leave your hair more sticky? And does it leave hair powdery?
Mary G.
Mary G.
Ahwahnee, CA

I really have no clue how dry shampoo works....I don't get the concept at all?? You dump powder in your hair and is supposed to help?? I have naturally curly hair...
Kelsey M.
Kelsey M.
Oklahoma City, OK

I've used the 'regular' kind of Batiste dry shampoo and have had no problems, but the last time I went to the store, I grabbed this kind. I've noticed that this one leaves more of a white residue on my roots. Like you can definitely tell I've used dry shampoo, which is something that I definitely don't want to happen--it's supposed to look natural. I was wondering if anyone else had this problem? Or if I got a bad can or I'm using it wrong or something? Lol thanks!