Batiste Dry Shampoo Original

The bottle that started it all. Our most iconic Batiste Dry Shampoo bottle will leave your hair feeling clean, with an easy-to-love scent that matches any mood. Also available in a mini size.

i know some dry shampoos dry your hair out and i was curious is this included in those few ?
Batiste Dry Shampoo Original is this a good product?
Batiste Dry Shampoo Original Is this a product that actually works? Can I get a better one?
Start your review of Batiste Dry Shampoo Original!
How would you rate this product?
Linden, MI
Hello Influenster Readers, My name is Lia and I'm from Michigan. I enjoy to watch YouTube and be involved on Social Media like Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter. The least favorite is Twitter, You can only write so many characters and it seems to be dead on that platform, It's also boring to me as well. But I have watched alot of Beauty Youtubers rave about this Dry Shampoo being awesome. Me, Not so much. I even used this Dry Shampoo on my father in law and he even had a issue with it which matched my problem with it. Batiste does have alot of Scents to choose from, I will give them that. Price Point is great especially if you are on a budget and you do get alot in the can to last you for a while. Now to the negative part of this review, You are supposed to use this dry shampoo on the days you don't wash your hair. This product is suppose to clean your hair and get rid of the extra oil. I wash my hair twice a week, because it's not good to wash your hair every single day, Especially if you're hair is color treated. I do take regular showers in between my non-wash hair days. This dry shampoo irritates my scalp, It actually makes it worse. It makes my hair itchy and the same thing happens to my father in law. I have even tried another scent just in case maybe it had to do with the other scent/ingredients. On a plus side, It does clean it. But this particular product will not be used in my daily routine or even cart. Sorry Batista, Maybe I will have better luck with the Dry Conditioner?
Chula Vista, CA
Batiste Dry Shampoo Original uploaded by MANDY K.
I try not to wash my hair too often, especially after I started wearing my naturally brown hair, platinum. I want to avoid additional damage and dryness, so dry shampoo is a must have for me. I've tried a lot of brands, but of all the cheaper, drugstore versions, Batiste is my favorite. It's very affordable, and works well. This applies to my hair in a burst of freshness, with a clean fragrance. This is lighter on my roots, so it doesn't weigh them down, but if you use it excessively or for a couple days, there will naturally be product build up and your hair will begin to feel matted. I like that this one doesn't leave a sticky or tacky residue, but it does add a little texture, so sometimes I use it on freshly washed hair to give it lift and make hair easier to style. When my roots are darker, I do notice some whiteness, but it is easily brushed out.  There are several different fragrances available, all of which I have tried, I like. I also LOVE that this comes in a travel size because I am often traveling for work and this makes life so much easier when I do!
Pittsburgh
One of the best dry shampoos on the market, imo. Used to be my number one choice — now my second choice. I can use it once and manage to get through two more days without washing my hair. Also helps a bit with volume, coming from someone with very fine, flat hair. They have a nice variety of scents you can choose from. A few I really like, a few are just okay, but there are also a couple that I cannot stand the scent of so definitely smell them before you pick one! I’m a fan of the floral one, the cherry one, and the one called “wild” that comes in a leopard print can. The original one is awful imo. This also can leave a bit of white residue if you have dark hair like my husband does, so definitely follow the instructions as far as spraying from a distance if your hair is darker. My hair is a dark blonde/light brown and it typically doesn’t show up on my hair unless I spray it way too heavy or way too close. Definitely a great choice for the price point. I usually grab it from Target for around $6.
Punta Gorda, FL
This product is my most loved and used beauty product EVER!! I'm battling kidney failure, so I've been on bedrest for too long. Even though I'd love to be able to wash my hair everyday it's simply not possible, so this is where this sweet little baby comes in to always save the day. My hair and scalp are in horrible condition due to all of my medications & treatments, so I was very sceptical when the dry shampoo fade started!! Boy was I silly!! This product literally makes me feel like I was able to wash it in the shower!! It never makes my hair or scalp feel like it was even dirtier with that nasty residue most other dry shampoos offer!! I have brown hair as well and it's never given me that white cast and it's so easy to use!! I highly recommend Batiste to EVERYONE yes I mean EVERYONE looking for the Best Shampoo money can buy!! You can thank me for saving you all the coin not having to test out the wide range price scale from high end to dollar tree specials!!
STATEN ISLAND, NY
I am someone that loves using dry shampoos as I have very thin and oily hair. I have tried many over the years as a way to train my hair so I could stop washing it as often (went from washing it nearly daily to about once or twice a week). This dry shampoo was by far the worst I have tried. At first use, it seems lightweight and very effective. However, over time it would leave a lot of thick residue in my hair that would build up rather easily and weigh down my hair. The residue would stay in my scalp and cause my hair to get oily way faster. The only way I was able to wash it out thoroughly was by using Apple Cider Vinegar hair scrubs. If you are looking for something that would be good for a rare occasion use, this product might be good for you. However, I found the Not Your Mother's dry shampoo to work significantly better for prolonged use and it is also cheaper!
Pasco, WA
I was disappointed with this product. I like pushing out hair washing days because 1) my hair dries out easily if I watch it too often 2) I’m lazy. So I used this because I saw people online raving about it. My fiancées sister uses it. I tried it and my hair felt weighed down with product. Also, I spray a lot at first so it gets really white and then I brush it through my hair to help get it in my hair and distribute the product. I use the brush because I don’t want to counteract the dry shampoo with the oils from my hands but I found that it was hard to distribute with the brush and had to use my hands. So because of this being hard to “maneuver” and felt like it was weighing my hair down, I’m giving it a three. It’s getting a three instead of a one star or two star because it still did the job by not making me look like a greaseball.
Lafayette, IN
I LOVE this dry shampoo. I don't just use one kind, but will not use foam. After either washing my hair or getting it wetted down, I have a diff process. So I towel dry my hair. It is fine and thin, so I have to figure something out. So after towel drying I will split my wet hair in small sections and spray the dry shampoo on my roots (my hair is still wet at this point) then I will bend over to get the back roots. I lightly massage it into my hair, then I blow dry. I first dry the crown so I can determine the shape my hair takes (I have a flat spot and if I dont work over it 1st it gives me a bald spot) I then just do random drying while also bending over to get the back. After drying my hair you can see the volume that I get from using the dry shampoo especially if its day 2 and already "dirty"
Decherd
Batiste Dry Shampoo is hands down the BEST dry shampoo. My hair is blonde, not too fine, but not very thick either. It does get greasy really fast, and anyone who has blonde hair knows what that is like! I buy this stuff in bulk! It works great with blonde hair because you can barely see it once it goes on, but once you brush it through you'd have no idea it was even used. It masks the grease (don't ask me how!) so well. And I've tried just about every other brand! This does NOT weigh down your hair. It does NOT make your hair sticky, or static-y... and the Original Fragrance I swear is the best - its light, and airy, and not overwhelming at all. I typically want to wash my hair everyday. Blonde hair is TOUGH! But with this I can safely go another day without being self conscious.
Centennial, CO
I picked this up because it seemed to be a top dry shampoo everyone raves about. I was so disappointed. Maybe I had higher expectations because everyone seems to love it or maybe my hair just didn’t vibe well but I wasn’t a huge fan. It left my hair looking dull and still greasy.... just like I tried to hide it with dry shampoo. It left a huge amount of buildup and made my hair look white in some spots and dull/a weird, greyish tone to my dirty blonde hair. If I use it the night before, I had kind of better results but what’s the point in that? I wanted a dry shampoo I can use when I’m getting ready for work and my hair needs a little help between washes. I found that the more expensive brands like IKG are a much much better product and the money is worth it.
Mason, TX
I had pretty high hopes for this dry shampoo. I have bangs so my hair, as you can imagine, is even more oily up front, which is why I need a good dry shampoo. It seemed to soak up the oil quickly (after leaving a white film on your hair which you can quickly blend in with your fingers), and my hair looked great and fluffy/fresh. However, it didn’t seem to last very long as I had to reapply the product several times a day to keep it consistently not oily. It also made my hair feel dirty after application. The scent is another plus though, as it’s very pleasant. Overall I’m rating this 3 stars as it did remove the oils and the white film disappeared quicker than other products, but it just didn’t last throughout the day.
Received complimentary sample from Influenster

5,080 questions

Ask a question to the Influenster community...
Rutherford
il y a 2 jours
Batiste Dry Shampoo Original is this a good product?
HANEEN .. • il y a un jour
it is the best dry hair shampoo in the market i tried so many shampoo's but the( batiste dry shampoo) was the best i had been using this product for years it gives you the perfect hair volume and it gets red of any oils precipitates it is soooo good highly recommended.
Lee
il y a 2 jours
Etobicoke, ON
il y a 10 jours
Laura M. • il y a 7 jours
I have dark brown hair and my trick for not having white residue is applying it before I go to bed! If I know I don’t plan on washing my hair the next day, I’ll add it like I normally would, and I wake up to refreshed hair! I find that this allows for the product to absorb the maximum amount of oil and you just need a tiny bit of brushing it out in the morning to make the remaining white go away!