Add a Photo

Photos (119)
Sara A.
Sara A.
Dallas, TX
I have #curlyhair, so I've grown to accept that my hair will probably always be somewhat dry and will probably never have that hair-commercial shine. Until about 3-4 years ago, I washed my hair every day (which is a huge no-no for us curly girls). It took some thyroid-related hair loss/breakage and scalp dryness to re-evaluate my #haircare routine, and it's been a process - one that I'm still working on perfecting. These days, I typically go 3-4 days (sometimes 5) between washes and usually don't wet my hair during that time at all if I can help it. When I do wash and condition, I use @mydevacurl's no poo and one condition, which give my thin, dry, weak hair the cleansing, moisture, and nourishment it needs. I've found that wearing a loose high ponytail to bed keeps my curls in place and manageable for the next day. Most of the time, I rock a topknot on the last day before a wash. You learn what works for you, ya know? I haven't switched up my routine in a while, but I recently tried this @batiste_us dry shampoo, designed specifically for brunettes - and it's a total #gamechanger. I was always afraid of dry shampoo because I thought you need to brush it through your hair after you spray it. I haven't brushed or combed my hair in years. In fact, I don't even own a brush (all my #curlygirls know what I'm talking about!), so I didn't think dry shampoo would work for me. Over the past few months, though - since coloring my hair for the first time - my roots have gotten pretty oily by day 3 between washes. So, I tried it, I'm obsessed, and I can't believe it took me so long to take the #dryshampoo plunge. This product instantly gives life (and volume!) to my roots, conceals the oil, and lets me go a little longer between washes, which makes my dry curls a little happier - especially now that it's winter. Just a spray at the roots, a little tszuj, and I'm good to go!
Juliana G.
Juliana G.
March 12, 2016, 12:21 a.m.
Review for: Medium/Brunette
Living on a budget and living in Miami are not very compatible when you talk about dry shampoo. The humidity over here is horrendous and trying to keep your hair clean for at least two days is an uphill battle. Finding a budget friendly dry shampoo that actually works? That just makes things even harder! Thankfully, Batiste Dry Shampoo for Brunette Hair has been a fantastic find! Not only is this a product that I can afford to repurchase regularly, as much as needed. But it is also pretty much the best dry shampoo I've ever tried. First of all, it blends very well into brunette hair, saving you time and hassle since you don't have to spend so much time trying to blend in the product so as to get rid of the typical white cast. Second, and more importantly, it does what it claims. This dry shampoo absorbs oil very well and helps your hair look clean and fresh all day! It even significantly helps on third day hair, humidity and all! I will forever continue to purchase this product!
Trish M.
Trish M.
Springville, UT
May 3, 2016, 7:46 a.m.
Review for: Medium and Brunette
Finally! I am so happy with this dry shampoo, it is so good. I have tried so many different dry shampoos and all but one other have left my hair with white flakes everywhere. Herbal Essence comes in second to this but still leaves me with some white if I apply more than a very small amount. With this I am able to apply it the day I need it, I don't have to think about it the night before and hope most comes out. It still has a bit of an ashy color when it is sprayed but it brushes into the hair so well and the small amount of added color makes such an amazing difference! I recently got extensions and you are supposed to try not to wash your hair as often to assist the tape and extend the life. Always hard for me as I like to wash every day as I can get oily on top, but now with this I can actually skip a wash or 2. Hoping that because I am able to do the healthy thing for my hair now it will grow more. I LOVE LOVE LOVE this!
Julia B.
Julia B.
March 31, 2016, 5:26 p.m.
Review for: Medium/Brunette
I have tried countless dry shampoos and none have ever worked for me before I tried this one. I usually purchase it at Stop and Shop and it costs under $10. It is a tinted dry shampoo meant for medium to dark brown hair, which is what I have. When my hair is oily I separate it into a few large sections and then spray at my roots. Immediately my hair looks refreshed and there is no white residue to work with since it's made for brown hair. The product has a slight powdery smell but it does not bother me. The only problem area for this product is that if I am wearing a light colored top and I spray it, some of the product occasionally falls onto my clothes. It doesn't permanently stain and comes out very easily, but you just have to be careful if you're wearing a light top. For me this is completely understandable and I usually put this in before I get my outfit on so it doesn't change my adoration for the product at all!
Raven N.
Raven N.
March 2, 2016, 1:14 p.m.
Review for: Medium and Brunette
I'm not entirely sure I'm using this correctly (or any other dry shampoo), but I do like this more than some of the others I've tried. The scent isn't unpleasant, and the tint means it doesn't leave a weird white residue in my roots. I do get some transfer of the color onto my fingers when I run my hands through my hair, but not much, and it tends to happen less over the course of the day. I'd still be careful about wearing light colors if you're using it, but it hasn't been much of a problem for me. Like I said, though, I'm not sure if I'm using it correctly, since other folks seem to be able to get better results out of this stuff, but it could also just be that my hair is tricksy like that. Only taking a star off because I haven't been able to figure out how to really make it work for me yet.
Kinsey W.
Kinsey W.
March 26, 2016, 12:46 p.m.
Review for: Medium and Brunette
I have thick, coarse hair that has a tendency to get very oily. I try to wash my hair every other day, but dry shampoo like Batiste really helps me make my hair last till the next wash. I have dark brunette hair. The cool thing about this dry shampoo is that it is pigmented, so when you spray it, it sprays a dark tint that doesn't leave a white residue. Simply lift your hair, spray onto your roots and brush or massage in. It's really that simple. The only drawback is that you need to be careful where you spray it since the pigment can get on your face/fingers/hands. It will get on your skin when it's first wet, however by the time you massage it into your hair, it will not transfer to your skin at that point. This color pigmented dry shampoo is also great to help blend in gray hair.
Tory S.
Tory S.
Saint Paul, MN
I have dark brown hair so other dry shampoo can make it look white and powdery. Batiste dry shampoo has color in it so it isn't noticeable and is light so that your hair doesn't feel tacky but instead feels freshly washed! The only thing I do not like is the color can rub off. I tend to run my fingers through my hair during the day which means that when I use this dry shampoo I end up looking like I have been digging in the dirt and it can be challenging to get the color out from under your nails. Additionally there was one time when I wore it in a light rain and it ended up running brown drips down my forehead. I would suggest it to anyone with dark hair but remember to keep your hands off and don't go out in the rain!
Courtney M.
Courtney M.
Lemont, IL
April 21, 2016, 2:14 p.m.
Review for: Medium/Brunette
One of my favorite dry shampoos! Having dark brown hair, I wanted something that wouldn't leave me looking like I had gray roots. This product is perfect for that! Batiste dry shampoo for medium and brunette hair is made specific for dark hair. The only downside to the dark coloring of the product is that it leaves a dark colored residue on my fingertips and fingernails if I touch my hair. The color residue easily washes off with water. However, it's still kind of annoying if I just so happen to run my fingers through my hair throughout the day. The scent is nice and not overpowering which is something I've experienced with other brands of dry shampoo. Great product for the price.
Allysha G.
Allysha G.
Tacoma, WA
May 25, 2016, 12:48 a.m.
Review for: Medium/Brunette
This brand is my favorite for dry shampoo! This product in particular I love! It keeps my hair looking clean and fresh! The color added is a great feature. As we all know (especially those with darker hair), dry shampoos can leave a grey or powdery tint at times and with this product you do not get that at all. Only negative I have with this is sometimes the tint can fall into your forehead and leave little brown flecks at first but Easily wiped off. FYI you will see the tint wash out when you wash your hair the next time. It turns the water and soap brown but does not stain the tub. All in all, I recommend this brand highly and if you have brown hair, this product is a must!
Cameron M.
Cameron M.
Bristol, TN
I use the "dark/deep brown" shade, and to be honest, this is the only "drugstore" dry shampoo that I've found I can use. The color isn't quite as dark as I'd like and it does leave my roots quite lighter than my natural color (which is almost black), but it's the best I've found that doesn't look straight up WHITE in my hair. Once I let it sit to soak up any oils and then brush it through, the ashiness isn't that bad at all. Also, not a huge fan of the scent, but I find that it doesn't linger too long, so I won't complain. This product has saved me from having to wash every single day, so I'll keep buying and keep using. If they came out with a black one, I'd be THRILLED!
Katie T.
Katie T.
I love this brand for dry shampoo, but I've never tried this specific product. Does the dark pigment of it transfer to your clothes or face? Thanks!
Lauren K.
Lauren K.
Algonquin, IL
First, does this product actually work for fine/oily hair? And second, does it work for brunette hair? Or does it leave a haze on the roots/scalp?
Molly B.
Molly B.
Columbia, SC
Does this dry shampoo work better for blondes than the usual one shade fits all alternative?
Amber G.
Amber G.
Starkville, MS
Is this better for darker hair than the original?
Katie L.
Katie L.
Where is a place to buy this that is reasonably affordable? I found it at Ulta for $8, but I feel that's kind of high!