Batiste Dry ShampooInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner
11 colors available

BY BATISTE #1 in Dry Shampoo

Batiste Dry Shampoo is the quick and convenient way to get soft, clean and fresh smelling hair, without water. Batiste offers an instant fix by revitalizing greasy, dull and lifeless hair. Batiste thickens thin fly-away hair and adds texture and body for that easy style solution. Simply spray it on and comb it out.

• What stores can I find in?417 Answers
  • Has anyone else tried this dry shampoo? How well did it work for you?2 Answers
  • I'm looking for a new dry shampoo, would you suggest this?35 Answers
Reviews (22071)
Suzette G.
Suzette G.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Ah :] This is the BEST dry shampoo line I've ever used, and I've used many. Hands down the best one I always stock up on (like three or four bottles all over my house) is the Bright & Lively Floral scent.  It's just the perfect amount of flower smell with the a cheery smell that just awakens my scalp and keeps my head smelling good.  I've tried other scents but I can never seem to find any other scent that tops Floral!  It's also available in drug stores, which makes it an even better product! I have used the fruity and cherry scent that has the adorable light and dark green packaging with the cherries on it. Yum! It smells amazing and really freshens my hair when it's dirty and starting to get greasy. Also, unlike other dry shampoos I've used that ALWAYS leave the white residue, this one doesn't. To make Batiste even better, they came out with a line for each hair color and they came out with a line for "Brunettes, dark hair" and I am obsessed!! Again, the packaging is adorable-It's like a cheetah print bottle that comes out dark brown. Reading the bottle I learned that you can use it in between root touch ups (genius) but I use it to clean my hair and freshen the scent. I part my hair in different parts, shake the bottle, spray on my root, rub it in, and voila, all clean! The ONLY thing I would say about this dry shampoo that is a little annoying is a dark brown residue does stain my finger when I rub it in but I can understand why; it's like I'm applying straight color to my scalp, so I can see why some residue would come off. Still rating this my favorite dry shampoo and a 10! I've tried countless dry shampoos and I ALWAYS come back to Batiste dry shampoo.  AND they're Cruelty Free?  I love you Batiste!!!!!
Ashley L.
Ashley L.
Burlington, WA
I'm newer into the dry shampoo scene, but am loving it for so many reasons! First, I struggle with hair loss and my hair is pretty thin and fine. My hair has been growing back in (Woohoo!), but it doesn't hold much volume or shape. After some tips from friends and Internet I heard that dry shampoo can give hair the much needed grit as well as ease of hair do's. After I apply a few other hair care products and blow dry with a paddle brush upside down I spray dry shampoo at my roots, back-tease and style. It has helped SOOOO much! I have also recently stopped shampooing daily and have been using dry shampoo to help with that. I was using Pantene Pro-V's dry shampoo and without anything to compare it to thought it did an okay job. It was running out and I decided to try another brand. After reading many reviews online vs/ cost, etc I wanted to give Batiste Dry Shampoo a try. Let me just say, I can't believe the difference! When Batiste says instant results, that is true. As soon as it is applied to your roots there it literally soaks up the oil. It has much more grit to it which makes it so much easier to achieve the styles I am looking for. It smells really good and not too overpowering. It does go on a bit white, but blends in really well once you brush or run your fingers through it. I don't have to use as much either which is a bonus! Overall very happy!
nupur p.
nupur p.
Indianapolis, IN
I love these products! People have told me about dry shampoo for years but it was recommended to me by my biology professor who explained to me at the cellular level why it is that this works, and I figured I'd give them a try. (especially after I realized it costs less than half of what I pay for my normal brands!) After the first use my hair looked shinier and was softer but not necessarily healthier. I used to have to use volumizing powder, root booster, Argan oil, hairspray, a blowdryer and a curling iron just to make my hair look decent, but a week in to my trial I was running late & didn't have time to do anything but throw in detangler and comb my hair through as I walked out the door. I got so many compliments on how awesome my hair looked and multiple people asked me if I had got my hair done earlier that day. I realized that for the first time in as long as I can remember I can wear my hair natural and virtually product free because it looks so healthy and amazing! I've also noticed that it's gotten much thicker, I used to have bare spots on the sides of my head when I pulled my hair into a pony tail, but now there is thick, full coverage everywhere. I couldn't be happier.

Kristina R.
Kristina R.
This does work at soaking up oils, however I have a sensitive scalp and after awhile it starts to make my head feel itchy. Also, I usually buy the unscented original one (so not sure if this same issue goes for the scented versions) but by the end of the night my hair does not smell good... and I don't mean because I haven't washed my hair for days. I wash my hair almost everyday but sometimes will try to go a day not washing it and use this dry shampoo instead but can't stand the way my hair smells after wearing it all day long. It literally stinks... Normally I wash my hair daily because I can get pretty oily/itchy (sensitive scalp) and was really hoping this dry shampoo would save me from having to wash my hair everyday since I ALWAYS hear people rave about it but sadly it isn't a holy grail for me... I do sometimes use it to hold curls in my hair longer (my curls hold longer when there's some "texture" in my hair) but I've stopped using it for it's dry shampoo purpose. I'm still searching for a dry shampoo brand that will work for me!
Sig r.
Sig r.
Fresh Meadows, NY
After I discovered the benefits of not washing my hair everyday, I was stuck with the dilemma of having greasy hair. At first, I tried the very well known "baby powder as dry shampoo" hack, but considering the fact that my hair is almost as black as my soul, that didn't work. It left me with a white residue that made me look a victim of premature aging. After doing some research I came upon Batiste, and lucky for me, it was the first and last dry shampoo I've ever used.
I highly recommend this product for all the reasons stated above. Considering its affordable price, it's at least worth a try.

PROS:
°Multiple different scents (This one's my favorite)
°Have different formulas for either light or dark hair
°Easy to use
°Succeful at getting rid of grease, while maintaing shine
°Last but not least, the price! *Cue heart eyes emoji*

CONS
°Not a super long-wearing dry shampoo. Grease will gradually come back throughout the day, especially if you constantly play with your hair like I do.
°Will leave white residue if sprayed too close to scalp.

Marilyn B.
Marilyn B.
Batiste Dry Shampoo works like a charm. It refreshes. It lifts and enlivens my hair. I love it and now I'm so hooked I cannot do without it. My hair is like my skin; it's a combination of things. My scalp gets a bit oily and my hair is long as in past my waist so the ends can become dry. Batiste helps to alleviate the oiliness and freshens up my hair while allowing me to go without washing my hair every single day which can dry out my scalp and the ends. It smells great and gives a lift to my roots to boot. I can't count how many times I have gotten caught up in an activity and run out of time when I plan to get a shower & have no time to restyle my hair. 'Batiste to the rescue! I spray my hair, put it up in a towel, take a quick shower, brush out my hair. In as little as 15 minutes, TA-DAH I am good to go. I feel great and thankfully I avoid feeling self-conscious, even though I didn't have enough time to start from scratch by washing my hair. No one knows the difference and I can relax and forget about it. I LOVE THIS STUFF.
Grace D.
Grace D.
I've tried several dry shampoos before but nothing compares to this one. I've used brands like TRESemmé and even those high end brands, which don't work as well as this one. It smells amazing for a dry shampoo. I purchased it from Ulta. It's either $7.99 or $8.99, but they have the $3.50 off $10+ coupon, so it's worth grabbing a $2 eyeshadow or something to basically pay a little less for more than 1 item. I hadn't washed my hair for 2 days because I usually leave it and wash it every other day, but I had an event after work that I could not go home and get ready for so I purchased it specifically for that. This product not only volumizes your hair, but it also does not leave any white powder residue in your hair like other products do. I have naturally wavy, thicker hair so this MIGHT vary for women who have a different kind of hair texture than mine, but if your hair does have a tendency to show any residue, this brand also makes tinted dry shampoos to make that less visible. I'll be trying that next!
Ashley R.
Ashley R.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I got my Batiste Dry shampoo in the original scent. This is a pretty popular dry shampoo in the beauty community. I feel like it is one of the most well known dry shampoos from the drugstore. I just want to point out that I have dry hair at the ends but pretty oily at the roots. My hair usually can't get past a day without starting to get oily. I don't enjoy washing my hair on a daily basis so dry shampoo is my go too so I thought I would give this a try. It has a nice smell and a nice even spray. If you are not sure how to apply dry shampoo all you do is separate different parts of your hair and spray the product at the roots of your hair where you are oily that you would like not to be seen. Then all that you do is rub in a bit or you can just brush through it. My hair looks great after it is first applied. Gets rid of any shininess my hair may have had. It also gave my hair some nice volume and texture which I enjoyed. I started noticing after only 2 hours my oily hair started peek
Jess H.
Jess H.
Weymouth, MA
Having oily skin and a LOT of thin hair, dry shampoo is essential. Over the years I've tried multiple different dry shampoos (Psst, tressme, living proof, bumble, loreal, etc) and Batiste is by far the best. Not only does it work the best, but it has the best price! PSA to everyone that already uses Batiste, you can grab a can (or 5) at Mashalls/ TJ Maxx for a discounted price. I can't imagine life without my dry shampoo. It makes getting ready in them morning so easy.

One thing that I wish I knew when I first started using dry shampoo is to make sure you use enough. The first few weeks I tried it I wasnt seeing any results and that was because I wasnt using enough product. Having dark brown hair I was afraid it would turn my hair gray and be noticeable. That is not the case at all! Sure, sometimes I have to take an extra minute to make sure its rubbed in all the way and brushed out, but I have never had to take more extreme measures to make sure it wasnt visible!
Carly T.
Carly T.
Nampa, ID
My hair is thin, fine, and oily. Needless to say, I do not get a lot of volume, even with blow dry and mousse, and other products. However, after going through the gauntlet with different dry shampoo brands, I was discouraged by the white residue, weird scents, the chalky consistency my hair had after spraying, massaging, combing, remixing, et cetera, I was ready to give up on dry shampoos. But then I got a travel size of it at Walgreens, and thought it would be the LAST TIME I would try dry shampoo. It was a miracle. There was a *little bit* of white residue, but it disappeared after massaging into my scalp. My hair feels clean, smells clean, no chalky feeling, no difficulty combing through due to hair clotting, no problems at all, whatsoever.
The BEST part of Batiste dry shampoo is the volume I get!!! So much volume, and the next day, my hair felt and looked just as great as the day I sprayed. It also works with spray in conditioners!Thanks Batiste!!!! I
Nicole C.
Nicole C.
Brighton, MA
What stores can I find in?
Jamye C.
Jamye C.
Norwalk, CT
Does this really work?do u recommend it?
Callie B.
Callie B.
Aliso Viejo, CA
Where can I find the best price for Batiste?
Calla C.
Calla C.
Granville, NY
Does this help with oiliness on second day hair?
Ally l.
Ally l.
Avon, NY
I have used herbal essence dry shampoo and wasn't as pleased as I wanted to be with it...it didn't really make my hair look super fresh...is this batiste stuff really prime?