BY BATH & BODY WORKS #4 in Cosmetics & Beauty Stores

Reviews (19924)
  • "I seriously buy so much from Bath and Body Works-I get my hand soaps, body soaps, car scents, house scents, and candles from there." in 66 reviews
  • "i have never bought a candle from this store i really don"t know why but their hand sanitizers , soaps and sprays are marvelous" in 50 reviews
  • "Amazing products and they always have such great deals so the prices may seem high, but it's rare to pay full price for something." in 35 reviews
  • "One of my favorite stores every product is amazing my absolute favorites are cherry blossom,sweet pea, vanilla scrub and to paris with love." in 30 reviews
  • "Sadly, it is now discontinued and I haven't found one I've liked as much since, but I still have about 12 bottles of shower gel left in the closet, that should last another year." in 23 reviews
Autumn W.
Autumn W.
Rch Cucamonga, CA
First complaint is the sliding quality of their products. The soaps have been watered down compared to a few years ago. I even compared recent purchases to older unopened liquid hand soaps, and there is definitely a difference. So now you're paying for less product and more water. The same can be said for their scented candles -- the ones I bought 3 years ago would last a long time and the scent would fill the house. Today's candles burn through more quickly, the bottom 20% doesn't burn at all and is wasted, and the scent is barely there. Very disappointed that they have changed the quality of their product, and they just dress it up in clever marketing.

My second complaint has to do with pricing. I was recently in the store for their buy 3 get 3 free sale. When the salesgirl at the checkout told me the total price of my purchases, I was shocked and figured they must have made a mistake. However, what happened is that they jacked up their prices! What used to be a $9.50 bottle of hand lotion was now being charged at $13.50. So even with the free items, each bottle was $6.75 - still cheaper but not exactly a whopping deal. Especially when I know they'll have the same bottles on sale in January for $3 each!!! I looked for a price sticker on the bottom of the bottle, but there was none.

When I asked about that, the girl told me that they no longer put prices directly on the products. I also noticed that there were no prices displayed on the shelves either. Only the sales such as "buy 3 get 3 free", or "Candles 2 for $34". Nowhere were any of the regular prices shown on the shelves. I guess this way they can easily move their prices up and down with a click on their computer system, and don't have to worry about price stickers on thousands of bottles of product, or re-printing signs on their shelves. It seems to me that they hike up their base prices when they have sales on - duping their customers into thinking they're getting a great deal.
Carol V.
Carol V.
Love everything!!! Splashes and lotions are the best but i'm crazy about the candles.I am candle enthusiast and these are the best candles I have ever used. I say that for several reasons.
The 1st has to do with the scent, I am very particular when it comes to the scent of a candle, I like a natural smell that is not overbearing yet can fill a large area with a subtle scent, this candle fits my criteria perfectly and I attribute that to the ingredients. Which brings me to my next point.
The 2nd reason I am so fond of this candle is due to its constituents, the candle in question, is highly concentrated with top quality fragrance oils along with vegetable wax. This is what gives off the subtle, room filling, and truly soothing scent that I look for in a candle.
The 3rd reason I am so partial to this candle has to do with how it burns. This particular candle is produces with three lead free wicks. Unlike so many other candles I've owned this candle burns evenly and consistently, which is hard to come by, regarding candles in my opinion. With this candle you don't have to worry about wax piling up on one side or the other. I should also note that this candle has a burning time of 25 to 45 hours (I get around 37 hours). I personally find the best time to use this candle is while reading or relaxing on after a long day.
With all that being said, if your looking for a candle with a magically soothing scent, that also burns evenly, this is the candle for you, as a candle enthusiast, I highly suggest you give this candle a try, you will not regret it.
モーニングスター ア.
モーニングスター ア.
Fort Irwin, CA
I usually only shop here (mostly in-store) when I need to restock on hand soaps and hand sanitizers. That usually happens to be during the holiday season, and occasionally summertime, as I buy LOTS of handsoaps to last me throughout the year. I take advantage of their email list coupons to use in-store, as I prefer to be able to smell the product before purchase (becuase I'm always trying new fragrances, and tend not to stick to any one scent). Honestly, they have lots of great scents for their soaps and sanitizers. This year in particular (December 2016) my "haul" was smaller, as I have become aware of parabens and other harmful chemicals in the everyday products we use (in general), and am unsure if these are contained in the hand soaps & sanitizers I use. Once I can find out that information, that will determine whether I remain a loyal customer or move on to more organic/natural based products for my needs. Other than that, sales associates have always been cheerful and nice, even at the checkout counter. I can't recall ever having had a negative experience shopping here and I've been shopping here for the past 9 or 10 years now. They always seem to be running some kind of promotion too, which is great!
Neta G.
Neta G.
Seattle, WA
Let's talk about smell good products. Oh em gee. I have to limit myself to one of two trips each month or I would spend wayyyy too much money in here. Some of my favorite products are their hand sanitizers, foaming hand soaps, and anything from the Sleep or Stress Relief collections. I buy the hand sanitizers in bulk. I give them to my kids, leave them in my car, put on in my coat pockets, purses, and in my hubby's backpack. They have a scent for everyone (including men) and the little holders can be found on clearance for great prices. My daughter found one for $1 that is shaped like a lamb with a little bow and it lights up! My son has a masculine fragranced one that is connected to his coat. I appreciate that he uses it often - especially when coming and going from school during cold and flu season. Moving to hand soaps - they smell amazing! We prefer the foam ones, but there is regular pumps as well. I feel like I have ALWAYS hit a sale when I walk in. I will be back and will keep going back over and over again!
Jennifer V.
Jennifer V.
I love bath and body works. Whether skin or home fragrance everything about this company is quality. I would love to see a more natural skin line that's slightly more affordable. The true blue spa line is the closest to a natural line but is a higher price point and still contains a lot of the ingredients people want to avoid. Their soaps are very moisturizing and pleasing to the eye. Their shower gels are amazing. They clean your skin but are also loaded with aloe and shea to prevent drying. Paired with their lotion, their scent lasts throughout the day. I've seen a noticeable difference in my skin while using these products regularly. Always get the loofa. While the sponges are pricier than the dollar Walmart things, there is a significant difference! I can get a full body lather with a dime size drop of shower gel. Worth it when your shower gel lasts as long as mine does. AND when you feel like it's a little dirty, don't toss throw it in the washer. they hold up and saves money
Claudette H.
Claudette H.
Lithia, FL
I am an addict!!! Hahaha i am constantly at the store trying new scents and buying my favorites. As a nurse, my favorite products are the sanitizers, i have many different scents and many holders to go with different occasions. The "Sleep" products with lavender are a must to shower with before bedtime, they leave you skin super smooth and the lavender helps relief the stress at the end of the day. While using those in the shower, i always have delicious smelling 3 wick candles going on in the background.
All my sinks have their soaps, the kitchen and bathrooms have each a specific scent and texture as you can have regular soap or the foaming kind.
They have great customer service and wether you are purchasing at the store with their friendly employees or ordering online with great shipping and handling, you experience is probably going to be as great as mine has been.
I am an addict, i admit it happily! Stop by today, they are sure to have a scent specially for you!
Susi T.
Susi T.
Laredo, TX
I love this store for their great scents, They're a staple in my house! I use their body products on a daily basis as well as their home products.

I've been using their body splash for years and Everytime I finish one, I'm always exciting to see all the new great scents they have. They're refreshing and long lasting, I love to use them every morning before I hit he gym and even at night before sleeping, and these are my go to when I'm at the beach, never too overwhelming!

Their body wash is great as well, I particularly enjoy their aromatherapy line as their body washes double up as bath wash and foam bath; the energy scents are invigorating and so fresh, and I use their sleep and relax line when I shower at night, and their mist to spray my linens for a fresh smell.

From their home line, I'm have plenty of their candles and burning oils for everyday use, I always choose 3-4 seasonal candles and burn them throught the season, can't get enough!!
Katie C.
Katie C.
Bell City, LA
I have been a Bath and Body Works fan from a very young age, when my aunt signed me up for their "Art Stuff" club (hellloooo throwback!) I loved the cucumber melon scents back then, but I have expanded/refined my taste in the past 15 years (thank the lort). I frequently purchase their body washes and shea lotions (especially when they are buy three/get three). My favorite scents always seem to be seasonal ones that get discontinued so I change scents all the time. The one scent that is tried and true that I have purchased time and time again is Eucalyptus Spearmint. I have candles, wall flowers, car scents, lotion, body spray, bath salts, and even shampoo in this scent. When I die, bury me in eucalyptus spearmint! I also stock up on their 3-wick candles. My favorite scents at the moment are "Fireside" and "Winter" (because I'm festive, duh!). I went through a brief period in high school when I thought B&BW was cheap/tacky, but baby I'M BACK!
Lily X.
Lily X.
Philadelphia, PA
The products they carry are pretty basic ingredient-wise. They're just scented lotions. My personal favorite scents are japanese (and regular) cherry blossom, moonlight path, and the stress relief with eucalyptus scents. Albeit this is a reliable brand and I do visit every chance I get, there isn't much variety. They carry their few (18) signature scents and all the products it comes in but unless I've run out of something there's no real need to visit. I say this is a few because not everyone will like al 18 scents. They do have seasonal scents which are a hit or miss for me (their signature scents are all amazing), but sometimes I find that they cycle the same (or very similar) scents back after a year or two. This is a brand I love and I will always use this brand, there's just not really a need to constantly visit even though I do because they will forever have the same scents.
Kim H.
Kim H.
Love the store! The sales are great, lots of products for great value. Fragrances are vet nice, long lasting and so many scents to choose from. The candles are long lasting and the throw is very strong. The lotions are my favorite, very good consistency and skin softening, nice scents. The hand soap is great! Great scents and moisturizing.
However, I do NOT LIKE THEIR WEBSITE! The shipping they charge is ridiculous, it is always more than the actual products you are buying. With then being such a large company and making quite a profit in the stores, they should be willing to offer a reduced shipping rate or free shipping, especially since most of the retired fragrances are only offered online. I will NOT pay $10 in shipping for a $4 on sale bottle of lotion, that is ridiculous. They need to work on their customer service in this area.
Kayleigh F.
Kayleigh F.
Las Vegas, NV
What is your favorite thing to buy every time you go?
Amanda E.
Amanda E.
Sacramento, Ca
Wharves your favorite scent?
Christina C.
Christina C.
Mission, TX
Bath and body works candle vs Yankee candle?
Dorothy K.
Dorothy K.
Saint Cloud, FL
What is your favorite scent?
Melissa S.
Melissa S.
Racine, WI
What is your favorite purchase from bed bath and beyond?