Bates Motel uploaded by Blair C.Bates Motel uploaded by Buffy G.

BY BATES MOTEL #40 in TV

Bates Motel
  • "Cant wait for the new season, the characters are really developed and complex and the story lines are always interesting. " in 5 reviews
tiffany c.
Humble, TX
I have never actually watched Psycho.

this is an amazing show following Norman Bates, a teen with severe mental disorder (disassociative identity disorder) with murderous tendencies and a mother that seems pretty bipolar.

It is entertaining and surprises me just when I think I've figured everything out. But it is never confusing.

And although it is just  a TV show, it does delve into the issues of  mental disorders. My mother is painstakingly similar to Norma Bates and sadly makes me feel better about how I grew up.
Terra J.
Xenia , OH
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
I love this show! Norman is really awkward.. but it’s definitely a good show to binge watch. The first time I turned it on, I was glued to my couch. If I got too tired, I would sleep and wake back up and grab the remote in a hurry. I wanted to know what happened next. Lol you should check it out if you haven’t already!
Holly D.
Dickson City, PA
I didn't think I'd really love this series, but I was in the market to binge watch something new, and this just so happened to be on my list. I actually really liked it a lot, although the mother character, Norma, can be extremely irritating in the first few seasons. I have grown to like her a little bit more, however, and it works well for the story line that she is super annoying. I really didn't expect Norman to be as evil as he has turned out to be in the more recent episodes, which is really keeping me engaged and invested in future episodes!
Maddie V.
Saint Paul, MN
Amazing take on Hitchcock's classic film. Although the first season was slow and brought in many outside story lines, seasons 2-5 we're streamlined and focused on Norman and his progression to the character known from the original movie. I absolutely loved this show and how it was put together. Haunting, yet humorous at times. It's a must see!!!!
Meggan M.
Electra, TX
I have watched Seasons 1-4 and I have to say I like it more than I thought I would.  Norma is an awesome actress and was sad to see her die.  A lot of the characters grow on you without you realizing it.  I enjoyed seeing the start of the serial killer from an early age.
Lexi S.
Russellville, AL
I absolutely love this show. I watched all of the seasons they had on Netflix. I'm not sure if there are going to be more or not since I don't have live TV but I'm so hoping there is
sarah s.
Clint, TX
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This serie was good when i stared but after a while it got crazier than what was actually happening in the scene gor boring for a while because i stared seeing the same killings and i knew was was going to happen
Patricia G.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
This series was phenomenal. The characters are well portrayed and deep. This show is dark and dramatic! It is a prequel to the movie Psycho. Norman starts off as a seemingly normal boy with a quirky over bearing mother. They decided to buy a motel and start over after a family tragedy. This show is full of suspense and will keep you hooked. The show only gets better as it continues. It is not a true horror show, there is some violence but it is not a disgusting slasher film. It pays more attention to details and suspense; no surprise pop outs or extreme blood. The final season tied everything together so greatly that I feel it could not be more perfect. This show is a gem that I feel should have gotten more attention.
Kay  K.
Enola, PA
Couldn't stop watching this Show! The characters all have such depth to their pasts, and there's always a twist. You just can't predict what's going to happen. Vera Farmiga is amazing in this; They couldn't have done a better job choosing her for the role of Norma. I'm not sure of the name of the actor who plays Alex Romero, but he's absolutely incredible and really nice to look at :)
Riya R.
Can't tell you how much I love this series. I was initially wary about a tv adaptation of Hitchcock's classic, but I'm glad I was proven wrong. They've taken the classic and twisted it on its head to let it become it's own thing. The acting, Vera Farmiga and Freddie Highmore, who respectively play Norma and Norman (I know!) are cast perfectly as the dysfunctional mother-son duo. You will find yourself caring about them more and more as you go on!
Miranda H.
Pottsville, AR
Who is your favorite character?
vienna v.
What is it about anyways ? Have yet to seen. Would like to know about this show .
Shakeymama :.
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
Team Norma or Team Norman ?
Sara H.
Sheridan, WY
Has this been renewed?
ERIC G.
Oakland
I wonder when the next season start and is it going to drag ?