BY BARNES & NOBLE #1 in Bookstores

• Ok! Admit it! Who, like me, can stay at Barnes & Nobl...12 Answers
  • How many books do y’all read in a month?18 Answers
  • Do you prefer to buy your books in print or digital copies?32 Answers
Barnes & Noble
  • "For me, nothing's better than a book store and I could literally spend hours browsing the various sections at Barnes and Noble." in 63 reviews
  • "There are always great books at Barnes & Noble, you can spend hours there and not know what book to choose because of the wide variety." in 23 reviews
  • "I like going and grabbing a coffee and browsing new books and knowing my kids can play with toys and see books for themselves, as well." in 23 reviews
  • "I can spend forever just walking around, looking at different books, and I can normally always find something to add to my home library." in 22 reviews
  • "They have a great selection of everything from kids books, educational texts, adult fiction, non-fiction, cookbooks and so much more! " in 19 reviews
Tracey C.
The age of the brick-and-mortar book store has come and gone. I miss the days of Crown, Borders, and neighborhood used-book shops. In those hushed isles, the book-lover could steep for hours in the written, and leave with a bulging bag of mind-candy. Thank you, Barnes & Noble for holding on in an e-reading world! Yes, I have the Amazon Kindle App – Read Books, eBooks, Magazines, Newspapers & Textbooks, and I use it to enjoy many an indie read. However, swiping a screen cannot compare to the sensory appeal of physical books. The heft of a new bestseller. The sound of turning pages. The smell of ink...
Note: Many B&N stores house a coffee bar. So, coffee and a spot to read a chapter, or two. Paradise!
Bottom Line: Love it.
Chelsea G.
I love this book store so much. I will admit that sometimes they don’t have everything I’m looking for but they do offer to order anything you might want and have it delivered to your local store. The vibe just relaxes me so much here. I love perusing the aisles while sipping on some coffee from their coffee bar which has delicious Starbucks drinks. Their gifts, cards and journals are gorgeous. I go there for some calming me time. I’m always really impressed with their selection of crafting books and gardening books as well. It’s always wonderfully organized and clean at the two stores that I frequent. The staff never harps on your or bothers you. They also have an excellent collection of vinyl records which is always exciting to leaf through.
Cristina G.
Bookworm Expert Level 1
I can spend hours in this store! I sometimes wonder how they don’t kick me out... I love taking the little ones to story time here too! One book I want to mention which is great for this graduation season is The Last Lecture by Randy Pausch with Jeffrey Zaslow. Randy is dying and gives his last advice to his children. It’s great advice for adults too!
marissa H.
Holmes, NY
I enjoy going to barns and noble.... it’s a nice place to sit for a few hours and read books, magazines, etc.. it’s nice that you can read stuff there without purchasing it. Some have a Starbucks inside. The price of their merchandise is inflated by a lot which I don’t like. They carry a wide variety of reading materials which is awesome! Some even sell toys and games!
Bre R.
Sandy Lake, PA
The BEST book store ever! I’m super into reading, I always have been. There’s nothing that Barnes and noble hasn’t had, if they don’t have it in store you can always get it online. Going into a Barnes & nobles is, literally, heaven for me. I can go in there and browse for hours! If you have never been to one and like books, GO!
Lundyn W.
Barnes and Nobles is literally one of my favorite places besides Sephora/Ulta. I enjoy picking up some many new publications, being introduced to new authors, characters, and exciting adventures. I would spend hours and upon hours, pacing the isles for something new. At one point, I purchased 15 new books at once. I would sit in the offered café, enjoying a coffee and a new book. Maybe do some light writing on my laptop. The atmosphere of B&N is warm, sophisticated, elegant, yet fully of a cheerful buzz of curious customers and oh so helpful employees. This is literally my happy place.
Alana C.
Groveport, OH
My happy place! Lol this is the first bookstore I go to if I'm looking for a new "spiritual new age" book or if I need a specific movie or music album (they seriously have a fantastic selection!). They also have a lot of fun games and puzzles (they also have these Disney sculptures that I love there that are handmade and gorgeous.. Very expensive!)... Kids section is great for the little ones to roam in, they have a personal nook area and they have an entire area for gifts, etc. that I always get good finds in there! Prices are a bit more than other stores but this is seriously a go to store for me.. Love it!
Ro T.
This is literally my happy place. I love Barnes & Noble. I've always been a reader and have a love of books. I like to grab a few magazines and books and order coffee and sit at a table and flip through all of them to decide which ones I'm going to get. I've also made new friendships from being there for several hours as I love talking with people and seeing what they like to read and get their opinion. 😊❤
Roop S.
Staten Island, NY
I often go to Barnes and Noble for two reason: 1. to just check out what the new books are 2.to grab some coffee while browsing through their books.  I enjoy going because I work in a similar environment so it helps me stock on on what the "up and coming" books are. The only downside is that you can barely get a seat when it's during busy hours since it is so commerical. I like to go during a time no one else is so I can take my time. They usually have a good selection of whichever section you're looking into, but if I like something in store I will check the read alike books on BN.com and Goodreads. Their stores are huge, but it is commercialized so you'll see a lot of things that you wouldn't see a smaller one, but if you love books like me than you can't complain too much.
Katiee M.
Glendale , AZ
I love Barnes and Noble. They have everything to offer from children’s books to teen dramas and adult horror to textbooks and cookbooks. Anything you would need is most likely here. They even have a section of game, toys, and collectibles making this truly a place for anyone no matter your age or chosen hobbies. Plus they have a cafe so there’s really nothing to lose going here.
Deborah S.
Clover, SC
Does your store have a coffee shop?
Caitlin K.
Battle Creek, MI
Bookworm Expert Level 3
Do you prefer to buy your books in print or digital copies?
veronica m.
How much you spend on books
Lauren T.
Whats a good book to read right now?
Tina H.
Do all barnes and noble have a coffee shop and a cafe ?