BY BARKBOX #4 in Subscription Boxes

• Is @BarkBox affordable? are the products worth it? and co...3 Answers
Buy on BarkBox
Melissa B.
Lubbock, TX
In my mother’s cat box from Petflow, a cigar filled with catnip became Molly’s latest obsession. The tug of war played between her and my mother’s cat, Clyde, ended up in the death of that toy. When I opened February’s Barkbox, I just knew Molly would flip over seeing her very own cigar – sans catnip. I guess because it didn’t turn the cat into a raging lunatic, Molly paid no interest in it, leaving it for the cat to stare at it with a disgusted look on its face. It didn’t even make up for destroying his catnip cigar. The toy ended up being useless, except for often tricking me into thinking it was something else entirely. Something that needed to be picked up, where it was found sanitized while scolding Molly. It justly earned the moniker, ‘The Poo”.The other toy included in the box was a crudely shaped bear made with fluffy wool. Yeah, that too did not impress. All it did was end up in random places, and once again, mistaken for something torn apart resulting in a brief – but understood- moment of horror, only because I kept finding it near expensive decorative pillows in my living room. Come to find out, it had been the cat, Clyde, strategically placing it there all along.  He is also suspected of doing the same with “The Poo”.Surely, the treats would fare a much better reception by my spoiled Chipoo. As so it happened, only one ended up being a waste of space in her treat jar. Molly loved the raw chew stick, and of course, she loves her cheesy popcorn snacks. Though the heart shaped lamb biscuits have a taste she enjoys, they are a little too hard for her to enjoy. She somehow thinks burying them in her toybox will remedy that problem, even sometimes hiding them under my bed pillows.Unfortunately, this ended up being the end of Barkbox for Molly. Even with selecting her size, they managed to send treats that are not suitable for her breed, much less any dog her size, in my opinion. While they offered another month by cutting $10 off the monthly subscription cost to give them one more chance, the value of the box still fell short. After looking at what other pet subscription boxes offer, there is a widespread trend happening with most of them. The value of their boxes are only seen by committing long term and paying upfront,  encouraging customers to subscribe to 3-6 month plans before seeing the savings. Just simply paying month to month is wasting subscribers money, and they are all well aware of this. So, if you are like me, and have a pet that is picky, you will be much more satisfied creating your own box to make your pet happy. Every month I take what would be spent on a subscription, and I choose one toy, one grooming product, and treats I know my Chipoo will love. When I arrive home, the moment she sees the bags, she knows it’s all for her, and gets more excited unpacking the bags than any box arriving on our doorstep. Just like humans, monthly subscription boxes are not a guaranteed hit for every pet. Make sure you are spoiling them, not the company.Included in February’s Barkbox:Sheepskin Ted by Petsafe   $5.99Stoggie (“The Poo”) by Loopies   $12.00Lamb Biscuits by Superior Farms   $5.99Cheese Please Treats by Complete Natural Nutrition   $4.99Rawhide Chew Stick by Barkworthies   $2.99Monthly Subscription Cost (with coupon) $19.99 Cost of what Molly approved of $7.98
Sarah T.
My dog loves her bark box!! She gets one every month! We always get a few toys at least two bags of treats bones, and ect!! In the past boxes she got a hippy and some flowers those are by far her fav toys! Would recommend this box to anyone with a dog! *** the attached pic the items on top the box were extra Christmas presents they were not included in the box***
Lindsey P.
Springfield
This is the 2nd box and so far I'm hooked and totally love it; more importantly, so are my 2 boys! I love how each month there's a new theme, and all of the products are organic and/or locally sourced. It's really obvious that they put their all into this...the effort and thought put into each box is noticed and appreciated. Even down to the smallest detail, like the super-cute, fun addition they add to each toy tag's warning label: a funny one-liner at the end (see attached pic) or the paper packing inside with dog-centric drawings & sayings; this month's theme is "Back to School/Off to University." The boys love their treats and the toys, which were a backpack #barkpack (after they chew it to shreds, there's a surprise ball it in!) & 4-pack of beer. #PopAChewski #Lobo&Toby  #BARKUniversity #dogalog #barkbox @barkbox #Influenster @influenster
Rachel R.
McDonough, GA
Pet Lover Expert Level 1
LOVE!! I get BarkBox for my little chi and she loves it. The toys are so cute and so unique!! You receive two toys, two bags of treats and a bone or chewy stick. The best part is if your dog tears up a toy or doesn't like one of the treats you email them and they will replace it!! I'm so in love with BarkBox and each month I post what we get on my Instagram.
Jennifer L.
My big tough guy, Omen, loves getting his barkbox every month. As soon as it gets delivered my kids get so excited to watch him open it. In fact, I don't know who enjoys it more, him or the kids. We always get our boxes with an extra toy since homeboy can rip them apart in about 3 seconds but they are really well made and I love the designs which are always cute and funny. Plus the treats always look and smell so good that you want to try them yourself.
Vicki B.
Bloomington, IL
I have two small Yorkies that now think that every box that the mailman brings to the door is a Bark Box. They get very excited when I put it on the floor and open it. They know that there will be at least 1-2 bags of healthy treats that taste yummy, 1-2 toys and some type of other item that is different. They rummage through the box themselves and one of the dogs knows to search for the toys to get her first choice. They like to rip toys up but the Bark Box toys give them a big run for their money. Very seldom do they rip one of those up.
Kristen L.
My dogs have been getting their bark boxes for a long time. They always get a little toy, and some treats to go with it. It is so cute that each bark box has a theme. Like for instance they've had a chewrassic park them and they got dinosaur stuff. Also they had a western theme which has been our favorite so far because they got a little cowboy hat they can wear or play with. They love their chew toys and constantly play with them. In addition, it's great for them to try out new snacks and it's always funny to treat them every once in a while.
Brenda M.
Midvale, UT
If I could only be subscribed to one box, this would be my choice. From my dogs curiosity as she sniffs through any packages I get delivered, to seeing her face light up when I confirm that one of those packages is indeed hers.
She loooooves the treats she gets, and the toys received are very durable. They let you pick from either a small, medium, or large dog size. And although my dog doesn't have any, they do accommodate allergies.
Violeta R.
Azusa
I just barely received my first barkbox in June. It was great and my dog loved most of
Thee items! It was the NY themed box and he loveeeeeddd the toys that it came with. However the snacks were a bit disappointing because they were way too hard for my dog to chew. The good thing though about barkbox is if you dog doesn't like any of the items, you are able get it replaced. You call, email, or even text the barkbox people and they will get back to you so fast and ship something to replace the item! The other item got here in a matter of days!
Jessica Y.
Bemidji
I absolutely LOVE the BarkBox! You usually get 2 toys, 2 bags of treats, and 1 specialty treat. They also give you the option of dietary preferences for your pet and they give you toys based on the size of your pet as well. The only thing I don't like about BarkBox is that you have to sign up for a 6 or 12 month plan when you get invited by a friend to get a free BarkBox. I do like that they give you a free box when signing up through a friend or getting a friend to sign up through your referral link. My pup loves getting mail every month!
Lisa S.
Has anyone ever tried them? And are they worth it?
Victoria G.
Sicklerville, NJ
Is this simalar to influenster, is it free?
Tiffany P.
Pet Lover Expert Level 2
What sort of products come in the Bark Box?
Breanne Z.
Lansing , MI
Would you say that it is worth the money?
Kimberly M.