Add a Photo

By BARKBOX
#3 in Subscription Boxes

For humans, BarkBox is a delivery of 4 to 6 natural treats and super fun toys curated around a surprise theme each month. For dogs, BarkBox is like the joy of a million belly scratches.

We paw-pick the best all-natural treats and innovative toys to match a dog's unique needs, including allergies. When your dog falls in ruv with something from the box, you can easily find it again on BarkShop.com, our app or by texting us. And if your dog isn't happy with something that came in the box, we'll fix it. Scout's Honor. In addition, a percentage of proceeds is donated to local animal shelters.

Since our start in 2011, we've worked with local and independent businesses to find unique and fun pawducts. We only work with vendors who care deeply about the health and happiness of dogs. Having shipped over 16 million toys and treats so far, we've also learned a ton about what engages dogs. We design many of the products ourselves through our Bark & Co brand.

By getting a BarkBox, you are joining a huge pupulation of people obsessed with making dogs happy across Bark & Co – from BarkPost's entertaining stories and videos; to BarkShop's products for dogs to play, eat, nest and more; to our BarkLive events which host the biggest doggone pawties in the world each year.

At Bark & Co, we are committed to making dogs happy, and we mean all dogs, even those who don't have a human to call their own. We support shelters, rescues and non-profits across the US that help dogs find their forever homes.

Welcome to our pack.

Photos (122)
Anna S.
Anna S.
vancouver, bc

I purchased a 3-month subscription to Barkbox after reading lots of great reviews online. I was sorely disappointed with what ended up receiving. The Barkbox site is set up so you choose a box based on the size of your dog. As my dog is 14 lbs, I went with the "Small & Cute" option, for 0-20 lbs. Each box is supposed to contain at least one toy, along with food/treat items. While the latter were merely "ok" approximately half the toys I received for my 14 lb dog were too small they had to be given away. Barkbox sent me toys that were so small, they were choking hazards and were best suited for teacup dogs that are under 7lbs. One toy, a stuffed cornucopia with mini squeaker toys inside was so dangerous, I threw it out immediately, as the mini squeaker toys were too small for even my friend's 6 lb chi.

In terms of value, all the treats/toys/food items can be found online or at places like Ross/Marshalls for less. If you live in the US, you might "break even", but if you live in Canada, like I do, once you add in the exchange rate and additional shipping costs, you're better to buy from your local pet retailer.
I received 3 months subscription of Barkbox for Christmas from my brother. My dog is my absolute life so this was a very exciting gift to get. You really get your moneys worth with this I believe. They address it with your dogs name so it seems like they are getting mail which is really cute. In his boxes he had a slip that said member of the extra toy club and it would have detailed what the extra toy included in the box is. The quality of the treats and toys is top notch that would only find at pet care boutiques no petsmart level stuff here. The quantity of everything you get is also a lot. I only had a 3 month subscription and already got my third box but Dash hasn't even made it through the first months box yet! My dog is very gentle with toys so I feel like the products I received will last him probably 3 or 4 years before I have to buy him any new toys. Obviously this is not how everyones dog will be since most dogs are shredders but my dog personally these will last years.
Milke A.
Milke A.
Barquisimeto

glynis r.
glynis r.
Sacramento, CA

I really like this monthly shipment. With that said I'm not giving it five stars due to lack of variety for the different sizes. I have two large dogs and a medium dog, so I order one box for each size. They were almost identical- which is what is disappointing. I thought for sure that the content would be different for the different sizes, but alas, no. I'm going to give it a couple more months before deciding if we will keep it or cancel it. My girls go thru toys like there is no tomorrow, so it might work for us to get duplicates of the same toys. We will see. They LOVED all the treats and our cat even loved the soft dog treats! So I'd say give it a try but if you order more than one box, don't expect a lot of variety, or you'll be disappointed. ALSO!!!! If you order more than one box, you can ask for a coupon to be applied, where you will get $10 off each box moving forward- just use the "help" message key when checking them out and they will hook you up!
Crystal G.
Crystal G.
Cumberland, MD

We are a big dog family. And we have 3 great dog's, each unique in their own ways. Vader, and 11 year old Rat Terrier, Natasha, a 5 year old Australian Shepherd, and Thor, a 2 year old Samoyed. To be fair for them all, we subscribed for a Medium sized dog, and added an extra toy. Thor is the big toy pup, while Vader enjoys chewing more on chews and natural pieces like pig ears, while Natasha is our performance girl and will play outside and demands to be rewarded with treats. So far every box has worked for all 3 of them without needing to purchase extra pieces for them.
The quality of the toys and treats is some of the top brands, which I can trust. The cost is great! I'd say cheaper than buying all the items separately in a pet store. I do recommend Bark Box to a lot of people, my pups are shared on social media accounts and people ask where we get such cute toys, I can say without a doubt Bark Box and it's worth every penny!
Chelsea W.
Chelsea W.
Pierce City, MO

We love Bark Box! The company had a promotion for a free first box and then we purchased an additional month to see what the fuss was about. The box contained three treat-type products and two toys. At the end of our two month subscription, we decided to discontinue the subscription due to the cost; however, when we went to cancel the subscription, the company offered to give us a $5 discount per month on the subscription. Since, we have received several boxes. The themes are always so cute and the toys are adorable. My dog loves the toys and the treats have been awesome! There is a good variety of the types of treats (all very healthy!) and toys (all cute and functional for our small size dog) every month. We do not go through treats very quickly, so we keep unopened bags in storage until we run through an entire bag from a previous box. I highly recommend this service!
Sarah J.
Sarah J.
Girard, Pa

I. Love. This. Box. And so does my pooch. I even let her open it herself. It's been a few weeks, and both toys are still intact... though one has a piece just hanging on. My dog is a Pit Bull/Rottweiler mix with a very strong jaw, so that's impressive. We just started subscribing, but it's such a neat experience. The box came with two large toys, a big deer chew, and two bags of treats. It's all made in the US or Canada. I was so impressed with the ingredients list... one variety only had one ingredient, and the other only a few, including bacon and cheddar! My dog loves them both and made quick work of the deer chew. Included is a photo of one of the toys she's been carrying around. One of the best parts is that if you get a friend to subscribe using your link to a 6 or 12 month box, their first box is totally free and you get a free one too! How can you beat that?!
Sandy D.
Sandy D.

I was pleasantly surprised with just how good this box was, and how much my dogs liked the items. We ordered a box for our dogs Christmas gift - they are family too! - because I am in love with sub boxes. Our dogs are big, strong chewers (GSD and American Bulldog) so we requested a heavy chewer box. Based on the Christmas rush, the box was shipped without the heavy chewer items. Rather, just the large dog box was sent. Customer service was great - they emailed us to let us know of this omission, and gave us a coupon and free shipping to order a heavy chewing item. To our delight, however, the big dog box had really great quality toys and treats so it doesn't appear that we need the heavy chewer option after all. More than enough treats and toys in that one box for both of our dogs. Very very happy with this box, and will be ordering from them again in the future.
Jamie N.
Jamie N.

I love #BarkBox and so does my dog. She knows it's hers as soon as I bring it in. She'll sit patiently and until it's opened and then she loses her mind.

The customer support is absolutely fantastic as well. I recently had an issue where I received the wrong box. My subscription is for a dog with allergies and I also upgraded to get a third you each month. My box was missing the extra toy and the treats weren't for dogs with allergies. The label was stuck on the wrong box - an easy error to make. The customer support rep was extremely helpful in getting the problem solved. They sent out replacement items immediately and didn't make me return the incorrect items. They suggested I give them to one of my dog's friends or donate them to a shelter. They made what could have been a stressful situation into a pleasant experience.

TL;DR - They absolutely rock!!
Oct. 24, 2016, 4:57 p.m.
Barkbox
Barkbox responded to this review
Wow Jamie! It is paw-mazing to see comments like this! I am very sorry that you had this experience, but do appreciate your understanding in the matter! Sometimes the warehouse pups see a squirrel and make a mistake! Though this doesn't happen often, we will certainly own up to the mistake and do whatever it takes to make the matter right and get that tail waggin' ASAP! Give us a howl if we can ever lend a paw further! We are happy to help! :)
Carolyn P.
Carolyn P.
Grand Forks

I LOVE my Bark Box! I got my dog Bruce a year's subscription for Christmas last year (yes, I buy Christmas presents for my dog!) and he is always very excited when his new monthly box comes in. For just a tiny amount extra, you can subscribe to the "Toy of the Month" club, where you receive an additional toy in your box. It's always packed with goodies, and I've got an entire cabinet full of delicious, healthy dog treats and two baskets full of toys that are both soft for gentle play time and also tough ones for when he wants to get rough and wrestle! I do wish it came with more longer-lasting chews, as most of the treats are just that, treats, and do not offer a lot of chewing time. The monthly themes are great though, and you can always go back and re-order things from the boxes that your dog really enjoyed at a later date. I definitely recommend!
Lisa S.
Lisa S.

Has anyone ever tried them? And are they worth it?
Victoria G.
Victoria G.
Sicklerville, NJ

Is this simalar to influenster, is it free?
Tiffany P.
Tiffany P.

What sort of products come in the Bark Box?
Kimberly M.
Kimberly M.
Massapequa, NY

Breanne Z.
Breanne Z.
Lansing, MI

Would you say that it is worth the money?

Join Now