Add a Photo

Photos (40)
Gerry B.
Gerry B.
Los Angeles, CA

I think this idea is awesome. We received 3 months as a gift. However since our pup has food allergies I contacted Bark Box to change the food and snacks provided. Response time is horrible. I had to email several times. And either they replied a week later or not at all. When they did reply they confirmed that they would put us on their list of dogs with special dietary restrictions. But the boxes never changed. So customer service and communications is where I subtract 2 stars. After the gift subscription was over we waited a couple of months. We realized that for the price per month it was fun to receive mail for our pup. But before signing back up I asked again to not to send certain food items. But alas again the box still contained items we can't use. So I've tried to email again 3xs and it's been 2 weeks now and I haven't heard from them. I signed up for 1 year subscription, but I noticed that his box and contents are a lot cheaper in quality. There's an upgraded box that I'd be willing to pay for the better toys, but since I can't guarantee our pup will get food items she can eat and they don't respond,, I'll be cancelling our subscription. If only they would respond, but I figure they can't correct this issue so they don't want to give any false promises. Poor and communication is a failure. I'm sure the product does works for many, but if it doesn't there's no reparations. It's great they shelters and rescue pups and donate. At least I hope it's true. But again with bad communication I can't trust the service. Humane society works too but we all know they're corrupt.
Anna S.
Anna S.
vancouver, bc

I purchased a 3-month subscription to Barkbox after reading lots of great reviews online. I was sorely disappointed with what ended up receiving. The Barkbox site is set up so you choose a box based on the size of your dog. As my dog is 14 lbs, I went with the "Small & Cute" option, for 0-20 lbs. Each box is supposed to contain at least one toy, along with food/treat items. While the latter were merely "ok" approximately half the toys I received for my 14 lb dog were too small they had to be given away. Barkbox sent me toys that were so small, they were choking hazards and were best suited for teacup dogs that are under 7lbs. One toy, a stuffed cornucopia with mini squeaker toys inside was so dangerous, I threw it out immediately, as the mini squeaker toys were too small for even my friend's 6 lb chi.

In terms of value, all the treats/toys/food items can be found online or at places like Ross/Marshalls for less. If you live in the US, you might "break even", but if you live in Canada, like I do, once you add in the exchange rate and additional shipping costs, you're better to buy from your local pet retailer.
glynis r.
glynis r.
Sacramento, CA

I really like this monthly shipment. With that said I'm not giving it five stars due to lack of variety for the different sizes. I have two large dogs and a medium dog, so I order one box for each size. They were almost identical- which is what is disappointing. I thought for sure that the content would be different for the different sizes, but alas, no. I'm going to give it a couple more months before deciding if we will keep it or cancel it. My girls go thru toys like there is no tomorrow, so it might work for us to get duplicates of the same toys. We will see. They LOVED all the treats and our cat even loved the soft dog treats! So I'd say give it a try but if you order more than one box, don't expect a lot of variety, or you'll be disappointed. ALSO!!!! If you order more than one box, you can ask for a coupon to be applied, where you will get $10 off each box moving forward- just use the "help" message key when checking them out and they will hook you up!
Chelsea W.
Chelsea W.
Pierce City, MO

We love Bark Box! The company had a promotion for a free first box and then we purchased an additional month to see what the fuss was about. The box contained three treat-type products and two toys. At the end of our two month subscription, we decided to discontinue the subscription due to the cost; however, when we went to cancel the subscription, the company offered to give us a $5 discount per month on the subscription. Since, we have received several boxes. The themes are always so cute and the toys are adorable. My dog loves the toys and the treats have been awesome! There is a good variety of the types of treats (all very healthy!) and toys (all cute and functional for our small size dog) every month. We do not go through treats very quickly, so we keep unopened bags in storage until we run through an entire bag from a previous box. I highly recommend this service!
Jamie N.
Jamie N.

I love #BarkBox and so does my dog. She knows it's hers as soon as I bring it in. She'll sit patiently and until it's opened and then she loses her mind.

The customer support is absolutely fantastic as well. I recently had an issue where I received the wrong box. My subscription is for a dog with allergies and I also upgraded to get a third you each month. My box was missing the extra toy and the treats weren't for dogs with allergies. The label was stuck on the wrong box - an easy error to make. The customer support rep was extremely helpful in getting the problem solved. They sent out replacement items immediately and didn't make me return the incorrect items. They suggested I give them to one of my dog's friends or donate them to a shelter. They made what could have been a stressful situation into a pleasant experience.

TL;DR - They absolutely rock!!
Tammy Y.
Tammy Y.
Fort Worth, TX

I purchased a 6 month subscription for my mother (who I still live with) so I am able to see what exactly has been included and how the dogs react to the products. Each box has at least one toy and a couple of treats. After a few of the stuffed toys were immediately destroyed, I e-mailed customer service and told them about how fast my dogs were destroying the toys. They made a note on my account about how my dogs are heavy chewers and from that point on, I've received toys better suited for them. All the treats were usually made in the USA, none that I've seen so far were made in China which is great!

The only issue is that I would have preferred more toys rather than treats. BarkBoxes can be so worth it once you apply a coupon code. Otherwise, I would wait until they release a really good deal before renewing my subscription.
Gabriela L.
Gabriela L.
Hacienda Heights, CA

Super Bowl PawPromo! Quality Dog Products Delivered to your door every month. Sign Up Now! Full of Healthy treats and fun toys! Use the code "Sansa" on any Barkbox Subscription to redeem a ($10 Barkshop Coupon) Once you've purchased your furtastic bark box! Head over to Barkshop.com and use the code "Sansa" to redeem a delicious free treat! (1 Steer Stick) We highly recommend Barkbox my two huskies receive a box each every month and we love all the high quality products! the toys are durable and the treats are delicious and each month they have different themes so they have different treats and you receive a bully stick in almost every box! We love Barkbox! and we wouldn't ever change companies!!! :)

XO, Gabriela, Sansa and Thor
Cheryl-lynne G.
Cheryl-lynne G.
Somerville, MA

We love love love bark box! Can't wait to be back from our vacation to open our next box with our pooch :) so we just got our first bark box and within 2 days or sweet pup Piper decided she was a newly destroyer of plush toys. I contacted Barkbox and they immediately put me in touch with someone, I told them I was interested in switching my account to something tougher for my dog to chew through and they immediately told me they would replace her plush that she destroyed with a new toy free of charge! I couldn't believe it!!! I am so happy and so is Piper that we took the plunge and ordered Barkbox for a year! Totally totally totally worth the small amount of money for he great variety of products we receive!
Troy C.
Troy C.

I had a 6 month BarkBox subscription and my Pug loved every minute of it. Each box comes with a good assortment of toys and treats that were perfectly suited for his size. It's definitely a great value because I would spend more money every month going to a pet store and buying things individually than I did paying for the box each month. I stopped the subscription at 6 months because he got so stocked up on toys, but now anytime a cardboard box arrives he thinks it is for him. I'll definitely re-subscribe in the future when he gets burned out on his collection. It was easy to sign up and easy to cancel. Pictured is a photo of him with a scarf and a lobster toy he got in a nautical themed box which he loved.
Jade T.
Jade T.
Edmonton

A bark box is a box that you get in the mail every month depending on you subscription the most expensive one is around 34$ and the cheapest one is 17$.When you get your box in the mail you will usually get 2 full size bags of treats and 2 toys.Every month bark box has a theme for example a baseball theme they sent me a baseball glove toy and baseball shaped and design treats.I personally don't like bark box because my dog rips the toys in 5 seconds and sometimes she doesn't like the treats I've tried to switch my box the the extra large dog box (150-250 pounds) hoping the toys would be made tougher but unfortunately they just come bigger.I would not order this box again and I don't recommend it.
Lisa S.