Add a Photo

#134 in Pasta & Noodles
Barilla® Plus® Thin Spaghetti Multigrain Pasta.

Est. Parma 1877 - Italy's #1 brand of pasta™.

*Contains 200mg of Ala per 56g serving, which is 15% of the daily value for ala (1.3g).

Good source of protein, fiber & ala omega-3*.

"Al dente" perfection in 8-9 minutes.
Rob K.
Rob K.

I use Barilla Plus every so often when I want to make a pasta meal healthier. It lies between regular and whole wheat in terms of taste and consistency (with regular pasta having the best taste/consistency). It uses a blend of flour including normal semolina flour and flour from some grains/legumes. In terms of nutrition, I am not 100% certain about how it spikes blood sugar compared to regular or whole wheat pasta, but I imagine it being closer to the whole wheat side of the spectrum. Based on the improved consistency, taste, and protein content offered over whole wheat, I often choose this kind of pasta over whole wheat when making health-conscious meals.
Tiffany W.
Tiffany W.
Flint, MI

I tried this pasta once because I had a coupon and it was on sale making it cheaper than the regular Barilla pasta I normally purchase. I made spaghetti, I used the same pasta sauce I normally do so the only thing different was the pasta itself. Both my husband and I thought the pasta cooked up harder than normal. Now we like our pasta al dente but this was almost as if it wasn't cooked long enough even though it was cooked to the instructions on the box. I must say I prefer my normal Barilla pasta.
Pat R.
Pat R.

I love this Pasta due the dimple fact it cooks fast and well ! it doesn't stick , taste delicious with just herbs and spices or with tomato sauce, or spaghetti sauce it's just plain delicious ! The texture is taste with a soft but firm feeling , I find it hard for anyone to.mess this one up , as far as over or under cooking it ,it's great pasta to cook with any pasta dish you like
Mike C.
Mike C.
Bronx, NY

I admit I don't always make the most healthiest choices when it comes to my grocery shopping or the things that I eat. And so when I come across something that is a healthy choice and doesn't affect the taste I am always down to try it out. This tastes just like any other spaghetti pasta out there just with the extra health benefits.
Casanail J.
Casanail J.
Lewis Center, OH

I love to make Vegetable stir-fry With this wonderful pasta You can use this pasta in so many ways for breakfast late lunch and dinner I also like to add Apples and chicken with a glaze sauce it, taste so delicious and the price is reasonable you can find The Barilla Brand at just about any grocery store and it's always on sale
Kali K.
Kali K.

I love the texture of this spaghetti. It cooks fast, and it makes me think that it's a little healthier to eat with the added nutrients. I'm probably kidding myself, but it makes me feel better none the less. It also doesn't have that grainy texture that most whole grain pastas have. Mmm now I want spaghetti.
Jess U.
Jess U.
Palmetto Bay, FL

I enjoy using the Barilla Plus products knowing that they are enriched even more than the regular products. To me, the thin spaghetti is the perfect in-between size. It is not as thin as Angel Hair, but holds sauce and flavor extremely well. It is flavorful, and quick to prepare.
Charity D.
Charity D.
Yuma, AZ

I like this pasta because, as far as taste is concerned, it is not as "gross" (as my husband says) as whole grain pasta, but it is healthier than traditional pasta. We use it when we are making traditional spaghetti and meat sauce and the flavor is in the sauce, not the noodle.
Lacy S.
Lacy S.
Evansville, IN

Barilla is a great brand of pasta and I really love the "Plus" version. It has added protein in it which means that less pasta = feeling fulller for longer. That is a great thing in my book, because pasta is carb heavy, so the less I need to eat to feel satisfied, the better.
kathygraves
kathygraves

Tastes great and is healthy too. It is the only grain type pasta I enjoy. I have purchased this many times and I buy it at Kroger or Safeway. It is in my rotation and I use it as I would any other spaghetti noodle. I more than satisfied with Barilla Plus spaghetti.

Join Now