Barilla Pasta Plus Rotini uploaded by Angela M.

BY BARILLA #45 in Pasta & Noodles

EST Parma 1877 - Italy's #1 brand of pasta.

Barilla®.

Plus®.

Good source of protein, fiber & ala omega-3*.

Rotini.

"Al Dente" perfection in 10-11 minutes.

Multigrain pasta.

14.5 oz (411g).

*Contains 200mg of ALA per 56g serving, which is 15% of the daily value for ALA (1.3g). see more...

Padma Priya S.
Padma Priya S.
Peoria, IL
Barilla really had a bright idea a few years back when it came out with its Plus Pasta. It increases the protein content -- I think by using part chickpea flour in addition to whole wheat flour -- which also gives the pasta a nicer texture than the often gritty pure whole wheat pasta. It also gives it a more diverse nutritional profile. It is a little more expensive, but on Amazon, not very much more (it is about 40% cheaper on Amazon than at my local grocery store). So "Plus" has the macro-nutrient advantage of reducing carbs and increasing protein slightly over regular whole wheat pasta, which is itself higher in protein than many people realize and has some benefits for those who aren't gluten intolerant in terms of slowing glucose spikes, maintaining muscle mass, etc vs. rice, potato, and other simple carbs. It is my go-to pasta. You still have to eat it in moderation. It is not a license to gorge on huge bowls of pasta. But it is nice to have these incremental nutritional and aesthetic benefits when one does indulge. I highly recommend it.
Paula B.
Paula B.
Powell, OH
I was skeptical to try this product but I am so glad that I did. I find that Barilla Pasta Plus resembles traditional pasta but provides additional protein and nutrients that I want for my family. That additional fiber keeps you full and helps you eat less. I cook it in salted water until it is al dente. The result is flavorful and filling! Don't be afraid to try it!
Nadia A.
Nadia A.
Lynnfield, MA
As a vegetarian it can be hard to incorporate the protein I need into my diet. However, the plus pasta has high protein, especially for a pasta, and it hardly tastes different from other types of regular pasta. I have replaced all pastas with the plus brand, and especially love the rotini for pasta salads
Miss Pettigrew R.
Miss Pettigrew R.
Foodie Expert
I love all of the healthy and tasty ingredients that Barilla puts in their pasta plus pastas. We buy them all of the time and feel good about feeding out kids pasta that they love and also has healthy and nourishing ingredients for them. This is such a great family dinner dish.
Megan P.
Megan P.
I love Barilla Plus! It gives my family whole grains and protein with an excellent taste It is worth the extra money knowing that it is healthier than white pasta. I buy this product at Wegman's which usually has a sale pretty often. This is one of the only pastas I buy
Kelly H.
Kelly H.
Mount Holly, NC
I thought this pasta was very tasty. It didn't have a dry or rubbery taste to it. Plus it is a healthy version since it is multigrain. You can buy it anywhere and comes in a different variety of pasta varieties. I recommend this for anyone. Plus it is very inexpensive.
Tiffany P.
Tiffany P.
Foodie Expert
The Barilla Pasta Plus brand is what we most commonly pick up. It's healthier than regular pasta and yet you can't really taste it. It's slightly more expensive than their regular pasta but what's a dollar now a days? It's available and practically any market.
Allison G.
Allison G.
Buffalo, NY
I like Barilla brand but the Plus has the worse after taste. The texture is grainy. I am not a fan of Plus I would rather eat the Wheat Pasta instead. It taste very healthy tasting. If you like grainy and healthy this is the pasta for you. If not stay away.
Alexandria K.
Alexandria K.
Marysville, WA
This pasta tastes great, even the pickiest of eaters (like my 4 year old) eats these like a champ. They are great paired with any kind of sauce or cheese. They also are better for you than other types or noodles which is a win, win for everyone involved!
Julianne B.
Julianne B.
Jasper, TN
Super delicious! I love the added protein to the noodles. It makes eating a bowl of pasta not seem so unhealthy. There's not much of a price difference in these compared to others so I tend to buy these instead. I will continue to purchase these.