by bareMinerals
  • 53 Q&A
Ask a Question
Tati C.
Tati C.

Is this for people with acne? Is it medium to full coverage?
Lindsay W.
Lindsay W.
Nov. 18, 2014, 8:17 p.m.
I too have acne prone skin and some redness i need to hide. The thing I love about this makeup is that it's so buildable. The more you buff with the brush the better the coverage gets.
Theresa S.
Theresa S.
Nov. 6, 2013, 7:17 p.m.
Bare Minerals is hypoallergenic so it shouldn't make you break out as long as you clean your brushes regularly and wash you face daily. The great thing about this brand is it gives great coverage without the caked-on look.
Megan C.
Megan C.
Aug. 13, 2013, 11:51 p.m.
Absolutely, yes! It's so much better for your skin than liquid products and is able to be applied to any breakout without worry that it will worsen, over dry or add additional oil. It can be full coverage, but takes practice in application to achieve, so don't be discouraged!
Katie F.
Katie F.
May 29, 2013, 7:01 p.m.
I have cystic acne and this is the only foundation I've found that doesn't cause me to break out. Also, it feels so light on-- like I'm not wearing makeup!
Ashley R.
Ashley R.
Nov. 12, 2012, 9:45 a.m.
Yes, I can say that it's good makeup for acne prone skin. Not only is it the only makeup that doesn't make me break out, but it has great coverage which hides all the blemishes. I do use a moisturizer first before applying which tends to make it stay longer and last well throughout the day. Also, make sure you're buying the MATTE foundation which is a bit heavier and conceals better.
Linda C.
Linda C.
Nov. 7, 2012, 1:36 p.m.
Not for people with acne in my opinion. While it doesn't clog pores, it is NOT medium to full coverage, unless you go through a tedious process when applying it. I would have to use the tiny concealer brush ALL OVER MY FACE, then apply with kabuki brush, which would take a VERY long time. Try Revlon colorstay, it might not help your acne but it will definitely cover it up completely
Candice R.
Candice R.
Oct. 31, 2012, 4:26 p.m.
I have acne prone skin and this is the only makeup that will not make me break out. I like that you're able to build up the coverage. I recommend this for anyone with sensitive skin.
Lyndsey G.
Lyndsey G.
Oct. 31, 2012, 8:05 a.m.
It is definitely for people with acne or other blemishes.
Brittany B.
Brittany B.
Oct. 29, 2012, 9:25 a.m.
It does a pretty good job of covering up imperfections in skin.
Kate M.
Kate M.
Oct. 27, 2012, 2:05 p.m.
I don't have the clearest skin, and i never have. once i started using this product line my acne got better. it doesn't clog your pores. but like always, you should make sure you take it off before sleeping
Amanda D.
Amanda D.
Oct. 27, 2012, 10:54 a.m.
It is definitely for people with acne or other blemishes. It really covers your problem areas but it feels super light weight on the skin. The only reason I got it was for my acne marks and acne and I have to say it really does cover up and give me a flawless finish!
Jolene S.
Jolene S.
Oct. 27, 2012, 9:34 a.m.
I have a skin condition that looks like acne on my face (it's not acne). Many make-up products irritate my condition- but Bare Minerals is the only product that has not! Using the full coverage concealer brush you can cover up red marks and acne scarring to make your skin look flawless. Bare Escentuals also offers a "rare minerals blemish therapy" product which is a light-weight powder form blemish treatment containing sulfur as the active ingredient. It has worked on my facial skin condition without being harsh (like most OTC acne treatments containing salicylic acid.

Join Now