BY BAREMINERALS

What it is:

FACE PRIMER MADE WITH NATURAL INGREDIENTS

Engineered to be the perfect companion to our award-winning ORIGINAL Mineral Foundation, Prime Time® is an effective face primer that is suitable for all skin types and forms of face makeup. Formulated without preservatives, oil, fragrance or skin irritants, it glides on like silk with no stickiness and helps to smooth out your complexion instantly before you apply foundation.

Infused with nourishing natural ingredients including vitamins C and E, soothing plant extracts and antioxidants, our popular foundation primer is an important prep step of your daily makeup routine that helps to reduce excess oil and the appearance of fine lines and enlarged pores, giving you a seamless satin canvas for your foundation of choice.

Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Silica, Magnesium Silicate, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract

Usage:

For best results, shake the bottle well before each use. A little goes a long way with this powerful foundation primer.

Apply one pump to your fingertips and spread the lightweight primer all over your face and neck in an even layer with sweeping upward motions. Allow the face primer to absorb into your skin before applying foundation.

• It is worth the price? I have the elf primer and would li...15 Answers
  • I've been using a lotion as a primer with my bare mineral...10 Answers
  • How does this work for oily T-Zones?4 Answers
bareMinerals Prime Time® Foundation Primer
  • "i got this in my kit. i already brought this when it was on sale at sephora but never used it. so i started using this a month back. it have good coverage. a little squeeze goes along way. it’s smooth on the face. it give a matte look. you can just use this and a lil but of loose powder and you’ll be good to go" in 160 reviews
  • "I like it and it does go a long way, however it is a little pricey and I wish it was a bit more mattifying." in 9 reviews
  • "It gives a very smooth surface to work with and helps my makeup stay in place all day long." in 6 reviews
  • "It may help to keep your bare minerals in place but it smells terrible and the oil control formula doesn't really do its job very well." in 5 reviews
Anne J.
Nashville, TN
Purchased at: ULTA
I absolutely love this primer. I honestly don't know how I ever got along without it. It prepares a wonderful Foundation 2 put your daily makeup on with a smooth surface and Lasting all day. I absolutely recommend it to anyone and everyone
Sharon T.
Flushing, NY
I've had my bottle for close to 5 years now and while it's not my favorite, I use this sparingly. I am far from finishing the whole bottle because one pump yields a lot of primer. I don't like the smell of this at all—it smells like a bunch of chemicals and paint. I do have medium skin, which the yellow blends well into and it gives me a matte finish and hides my pores well, which I am okay with. I wouldn't buy this again, as there are face primers that are far more better.
Mary E.
New Britain, CT
This is a great primer. It's moisturizing and the silkiest primer I think I have ever felt. It's clear. No tint at all. The only thing that would make this better in my opinion is if it had some kind of tint or glow to it. But it lays down the silkiest and smoothest base for your foundation.
Sofia K.
Scarsdale, NY
I looove this primer. I think the formulas changed over the years but it still works great. It’s a clear oily liquid and it goes on super smooth. When you use it with the loose bare mineral powder, I promise your skin will look great!!
Gabriela A.
Allen Park, MI
I loooooove this primer! It pairs well with any foundation! Makes my skin smooth and pretty so it helps with concealing my pores I believe. It’s my newest holy grail. I have combo skin and it still does well for my oily and dry areas.
Rachel F.
Royal
Review for: Prime more...
I honestly hate this primer. My skin broke out several times after I used this primer and it doesn’t set my skin for foundation. I also had a hard time getting over the smell. The primer smells like ethanol, not a fan!

The packaging is very nice though and allows for a good use and easy application which is great, but I hope for future customers bare minerals redoes the formula.

Even though this primer didn’t work for me there’s a chance it could work for you. These are just my opinions.
Sierra A.
York, PA
Review for: Prime Time Foundation Primer 1 oz/30 ml more...
This prime is okay. I find it to oily for my skin in the summer, it looks super shiny. It does work and keep your make up in place. But I prefer my primer with spf in it. I would recommend this product to someone with dry skin
Mayra L.
Arroyo Grande, CA
Review for: Bareminerals Prime Time Foundation Primer more...
I originally got this primer as a sample from Ulta. I liked it so I decided to buy the full size. I have oily combination skin with some large pores. When first applied this primer makes my face look so fresh and smooth but unfortunately doesn’t do much for oiliness throughout the day. I constantly had to go and blot my face and I noticed my foundation would look a mess by the end of the day. This probably would work for someone with not so oily skin.
Christine L.
Brentwood
Review for: Prime Time Foundation Primer 1 oz/30 ml more...
I acne scars, and I have yet to find a primer to do what I want. But bareminerals is great for your skin, so if you are going to add extra product on your face, use this stuff! Doesn’t clog pores, and does allows my foundation to be applied to a smoother surface
Rachel M.
San Antonio, TX
This is a nice primer it leaves my skin feeling soft and smooth. It also does a nice job filling in and smoothing out some of my fine lines. I have dry skin so i dont have an issue with oil build up others complain about
Hannah K.
Lakewood , OH
It is worth the price? I have the elf primer and would like to upgrade. Thanks!
McCalla E.
Marysville, WA
Does this primer actually work? I have only had one primer actually work on my skin.
Hannah C.
Clinton Township, MI
I've been using a lotion as a primer with my bare minerals powder but just found that they have this primer. Does it actually work? And does it make your face oily?
Jennifer G.
Skippack, PA
I usually only use primer during the drier winter months. Do you use this product under your makeup all the time?
Taylor D.
Groton , MA
I just started using this product and am worried about breakouts- has anyone experienced bad breakouts using this?