BY BAREMINERALS

What it is:

FACE PRIMER MADE WITH NATURAL INGREDIENTS

Engineered to be the perfect companion to our award-winning ORIGINAL Mineral Foundation, Prime Time® is an effective face primer that is suitable for all skin types and forms of face makeup. Formulated without preservatives, oil, fragrance or skin irritants, it glides on like silk with no stickiness and helps to smooth out your complexion instantly before you apply foundation.

Infused with nourishing natural ingredients including vitamins C and E, soothing plant extracts and antioxidants, our popular foundation primer is an important prep step of your daily makeup routine that helps to reduce excess oil and the appearance of fine lines and enlarged pores, giving you a seamless satin canvas for your foundation of choice.

Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Silica, Magnesium Silicate, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract

Usage:

For best results, shake the bottle well before each use. A little goes a long way with this powerful foundation primer.

Apply one pump to your fingertips and spread the lightweight primer all over your face and neck in an even layer with sweeping upward motions. Allow the face primer to absorb into your skin before applying foundation.

• It is worth the price? I have the elf primer and would li...15 Answers
  • I've been using a lotion as a primer with my bare mineral...10 Answers
  • How does this work for oily T-Zones?4 Answers
bareMinerals Prime Time® Foundation Primer
  • "i got this in my kit. i already brought this when it was on sale at sephora but never used it. so i started using this a month back. it have good coverage. a little squeeze goes along way. it’s smooth on the face. it give a matte look. you can just use this and a lil but of loose powder and you’ll be good to go" in 160 reviews
  • "I like it and it does go a long way, however it is a little pricey and I wish it was a bit more mattifying." in 9 reviews
  • "It gives a very smooth surface to work with and helps my makeup stay in place all day long." in 6 reviews
  • "It may help to keep your bare minerals in place but it smells terrible and the oil control formula doesn't really do its job very well." in 5 reviews
Ashton W.
I LOVE this product with all my heart! It's an awesome primer, feels great, and looks great, too. I couldn't say anything bad about this primer. I use it for ALL the makeup looks I can! It keeps my foundation fresh. I buy it a lot, and its my go to primer. If primer is a part of your routine, you really should give it a try.
Ashka S.
Paramus, NJ
This is my go to primer! It applies very smoothly and leaves a silky finish on the skin, making it perfect for foundation application. Unlike other primers, the Bareminerals Prime Time does not leave a sticky or tacky finish to the skin and does not make the face look oily after foundation application. This works well with any foundation, not just Bareminerals products.
Melanie G.
Modesto, CA
Purchased at: ULTA
Great primer! I bought this at Ulta on Black Friday for $10 so it was a great deal. I meant to get the oil control one as I have combination skin and my t zone tends to get oily and this one does not help to control the oil. It does help to reduce pores though. It makes my makeup look flawless-I recommend it.
Tizzie D.
Purchased at: bareMinerals
Review for: Prime Time Foundation Primer 1 oz/30 ml more...
I love this primer, it’s so sheer and lightweight yet leaves a nice film that makes my face feel smooth to the touch. It allows the powder foundation to just glide right on & minimizes the look of my rather large pores on my nose. I also love that such a little of this product goes such a long way!
Abigail M.
Charlotte
Purchased at: Sephora
I feel like this primer is very slippery, but if you make sure to use the tiniest amount and let it dry completely, the results are beautiful. This is a primer that you’ll want to put on and then not touch for a while. I give it five minutes (and do my eyeshadow) to make sure it’s dried down.
Ivy M.
Odenville, AL
Purchased at: ULTA
I love this foundation primer and apply it every time i do my makeup! It seems to make the foundation stay on longer and apply much smoother! I bought mine on black friday for $10 to see if i would like it, and i will definitely be purchasing again when i run out for the original price!
Galina V.
Huntingtn Bch, CA
Purchased at: Sephora
Review for: bareMinerals Original Prime Time Foundation Primer .5 oz. 2 pack more...
This gel primer is amazing. I've never experienced a makeup product like this before, it almost feels like nothing is applied to your face as it's so light weight and after the application your face feels smooth-- it makes applying other bareMinerals powders easy. A little goes a long way and it's easy on my sensitive skin. I often fought with finding makeup that I could use on a daily basis because of how most agitate my skin and cause redness or a breakout, so usually I've never layered primer or powder. This primer, as well as the bareMinerals powder, let my skin breathe and feel comfortable throughout the day and allows me to use makeup on a more regular basis without issue.
april n.
Forest lake, MN
Review for: bareMinerals Prime Time Original Face Primer more...
I received a sample of this from one of my friends as she was going through her makeup collection and let me just say, I might have to buy the full size!

This primer is amazing, it has the perfect cross between silicone feel and an oily feel - if that makes sense? It feels amazing on the skin, quickly absorbs and doesn’t sit on the skin like I find a lot of primers do.

I find that my makeup stays a lot longer with this underneath, especially in the places that I had a problem with (my rosy cheeks, nose, etc) and it makes my foundation last a lot longer, even without using a setting spray over top!
Jessica P.
Santa Cruz
Purchased at: Sephora
Review for: BareMinerals - BareMinerals Prime Time Original Foundation Primer -30ml/1oz more...
Helps with smoother application of foundation but not so much so that it’s a go to everyday. I use it when I remember and I notice that it blurs my pores and fine lines to a degree but pretty indifferent towards this in general.
Jacalyn D.
San Diego, CA
This it generally my go to trusted primer. I have been using bare minerals makeup for ten years consistently. I love the lightweight breathable formula that is iconic to bare minerals and how it still allows for decent coverage without needing to cake on my makeup. I do suffer from dry skin and it is this primer that makes the world of a difference in using a powder foundation without requiring a liquid one under it. It applies silky smooth and almost makes it feel like my makeup is floating over a silky barrier instead of being rubbed deep into my pores when I buff it on.
Hannah K.
Lakewood , OH
It is worth the price? I have the elf primer and would like to upgrade. Thanks!
McCalla E.
Marysville, WA
Does this primer actually work? I have only had one primer actually work on my skin.
Hannah C.
Clinton Township, MI
I've been using a lotion as a primer with my bare minerals powder but just found that they have this primer. Does it actually work? And does it make your face oily?
Jennifer G.
Skippack, PA
I usually only use primer during the drier winter months. Do you use this product under your makeup all the time?
Taylor D.
Groton , MA
I just started using this product and am worried about breakouts- has anyone experienced bad breakouts using this?