BY BAREMINERALS

What it is:

FACE PRIMER MADE WITH NATURAL INGREDIENTS

Engineered to be the perfect companion to our award-winning ORIGINAL Mineral Foundation, Prime Time® is an effective face primer that is suitable for all skin types and forms of face makeup. Formulated without preservatives, oil, fragrance or skin irritants, it glides on like silk with no stickiness and helps to smooth out your complexion instantly before you apply foundation.

Infused with nourishing natural ingredients including vitamins C and E, soothing plant extracts and antioxidants, our popular foundation primer is an important prep step of your daily makeup routine that helps to reduce excess oil and the appearance of fine lines and enlarged pores, giving you a seamless satin canvas for your foundation of choice.

Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Silica, Magnesium Silicate, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract

Usage:

For best results, shake the bottle well before each use. A little goes a long way with this powerful foundation primer.

Apply one pump to your fingertips and spread the lightweight primer all over your face and neck in an even layer with sweeping upward motions. Allow the face primer to absorb into your skin before applying foundation.

• It is worth the price? I have the elf primer and would li...15 Answers
  • I've been using a lotion as a primer with my bare mineral...10 Answers
  • How does this work for oily T-Zones?4 Answers
bareMinerals Prime Time® Foundation Primer
  • "i got this in my kit. i already brought this when it was on sale at sephora but never used it. so i started using this a month back. it have good coverage. a little squeeze goes along way. it’s smooth on the face. it give a matte look. you can just use this and a lil but of loose powder and you’ll be good to go" in 160 reviews
  • "I like it and it does go a long way, however it is a little pricey and I wish it was a bit more mattifying." in 9 reviews
  • "It gives a very smooth surface to work with and helps my makeup stay in place all day long." in 6 reviews
  • "It may help to keep your bare minerals in place but it smells terrible and the oil control formula doesn't really do its job very well." in 5 reviews
Galina V.
Huntingtn Bch, CA
Purchased at: Sephora
Review for: bareMinerals Original Prime Time Foundation Primer .5 oz. 2 pack more...
This gel primer is amazing. I've never experienced a makeup product like this before, it almost feels like nothing is applied to your face as it's so light weight and after the application your face feels smooth-- it makes applying other bareMinerals powders easy. A little goes a long way and it's easy on my sensitive skin. I often fought with finding makeup that I could use on a daily basis because of how most agitate my skin and cause redness or a breakout, so usually I've never layered primer or powder. This primer, as well as the bareMinerals powder, let my skin breathe and feel comfortable throughout the day and allows me to use makeup on a more regular basis without issue.
april n.
Forest Lake, MN
Review for: bareMinerals Prime Time Original Face Primer more...
I received a sample of this from one of my friends as she was going through her makeup collection and let me just say, I might have to buy the full size!

This primer is amazing, it has the perfect cross between silicone feel and an oily feel - if that makes sense? It feels amazing on the skin, quickly absorbs and doesn’t sit on the skin like I find a lot of primers do.

I find that my makeup stays a lot longer with this underneath, especially in the places that I had a problem with (my rosy cheeks, nose, etc) and it makes my foundation last a lot longer, even without using a setting spray over top!
Jacalyn D.
San Diego, CA
This it generally my go to trusted primer. I have been using bare minerals makeup for ten years consistently. I love the lightweight breathable formula that is iconic to bare minerals and how it still allows for decent coverage without needing to cake on my makeup. I do suffer from dry skin and it is this primer that makes the world of a difference in using a powder foundation without requiring a liquid one under it. It applies silky smooth and almost makes it feel like my makeup is floating over a silky barrier instead of being rubbed deep into my pores when I buff it on.
Jay 💖.
Review for: bareMinerals Prime Time Original Face Primer, Prime more...
I received a few of these as a gift a while back. At first,I really loved it,it filled my pores and made my makeup go on smooth and flawless. But then I realized that whenever I took it off,I'd have what would appear to be red splotches on my face. I shrugged it off,but it got worse and worse,and it started to hurt,so I went to the doctor. Long story short,I'm really allergic to it. So,good product but bad reaction. Avoid if you have sensitive skin. I give it a 4/10. Wish I wasn't allergic. :c
Holly R.
Morgantown, WV
Review for: Prime Time Foundation Primer 1 oz/30 ml more...
I think this is a great basic primer. It has almost the exact same formula as the Smashbox prime time! It is clear and a silicone primer. It really helps to smooth and fill in pores for a great foundation base. I wouldn't recommend using a whole ton of it at once because it can make your face a little greasy, but using small amounts where you need it is the way to go!
Renee K.
Columbia
Review for: Prime more...
This product will leave my makeup lasting from 10 am when I go to work until I come home at 7pm! I could not find a better product to keep my makeup lasting longer.
On that note I alway believed that primers are supposed to keep the chemicals from makeup off of your skin. Sence using Bare Minerals, my acne has decreased severely!
Sabrina R.
I'm pleasantly surprised with this primer. Firstly the look of the primer was somewhat deceiving, i thought it was going to be a spray but it pumps out a creamy which is nice. I noticed that it helps my makeup stay on most of the day which is what I look for in a primer. The only downside is the consitency. I felt like it was a bit greasy feeling when I put in on my face. I wish it was more creamy and smooth than 'greasy'. I also wish the packaging was different but that's not too much of importance to me.
I don't think I'd necessarily buy it again because I've found other primers that work better for me and I don't like the consistency of this one. Other than that It's not terrible
Megan K.
Review for: Prime Time Foundation Primer 1 oz/30 ml more...
I got this in a travel kit with the original and matte powder foundations, and the bronzer and mineral veil. I have worn the powders with and without this primer and find that with the primer looks MUCH better than without. I need to test if it would work as well with a different primer because this does not do much to help with oil control but does give a soft matte finish.
April L.
Tarpon Spgs, FL
By far my favorite primer! This primer is silicone-based, so it’s perfect for locking in moisture with my dry skin and makes all my makeup on top blend FLAWLESSLY. This is the only primer I’ve used that’s successfully filled in my fine lines under my eyes, and it makes my whole undereye flawless (which is always an issue for me). You can get it at Ulta or Sephora for around $25 , so it’s pretty affordable. Definitely recommend to anyone looking for long-lasting and absolutely FLAWLESS makeup!
x x.
x
This is a different kind of foundation primer than other ones I have used before and I adore it so much. It’s so easy to use and it’s really affordable. It works well with the setting powder I use. They work well together in making sure my makeup applies well and leaves it matte and smooth!
Hannah K.
Lakewood , OH
It is worth the price? I have the elf primer and would like to upgrade. Thanks!
McCalla E.
Marysville, WA
Does this primer actually work? I have only had one primer actually work on my skin.
Hannah C.
Clinton Township, MI
I've been using a lotion as a primer with my bare minerals powder but just found that they have this primer. Does it actually work? And does it make your face oily?
Jennifer G.
Skippack, PA
I usually only use primer during the drier winter months. Do you use this product under your makeup all the time?
Taylor D.
Groton , MA
I just started using this product and am worried about breakouts- has anyone experienced bad breakouts using this?