BY BAREMINERALS #66 in Face Primer

What it is:

FACE PRIMER MADE WITH NATURAL INGREDIENTS

Engineered to be the perfect companion to our award-winning ORIGINAL Mineral Foundation, Prime Time® is an effective face primer that is suitable for all skin types and forms of face makeup. Formulated without preservatives, oil, fragrance or skin irritants, it glides on like silk with no stickiness and helps to smooth out your complexion instantly before you apply foundation.

Infused with nourishing natural ingredients including vitamins C and E, soothing plant extracts and antioxidants, our popular foundation primer is an important prep step of your daily makeup routine that helps to reduce excess oil and the appearance of fine lines and enlarged pores, giving you a seamless satin canvas for your foundation of choice.

Ingredients: Cyclopentasiloxane, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, Silica, Magnesium Silicate, Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Calcium Pantothenate (Vitamin B5), Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Chamomilla Recutita (Matricaria) Flower Extract, Glycyrrhiza Glabra (Licorice) Root Extract

Usage:

For best results, shake the bottle well before each use. A little goes a long way with this powerful foundation primer.

Apply one pump to your fingertips and spread the lightweight primer all over your face and neck in an even layer with sweeping upward motions. Allow the face primer to absorb into your skin before applying foundation.

• It is worth the price? I have the elf primer and would like to up...15 Answers
  • I've been using a lotion as a primer with my bare minerals powder...10 Answers
  • How does this work for oily T-Zones?4 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "i got this in my kit. i already brought this when it was on sale at sephora but never used it. so i started using this a month back. it have good coverage. a little squeeze goes along way. it’s smooth on the face. it give a matte look. you can just use this and a lil but of loose powder and you’ll be good to go" in 160 reviews
  • "I like it and it does go a long way, however it is a little pricey and I wish it was a bit more mattifying." in 9 reviews
  • "It gives a very smooth surface to work with and helps my makeup stay in place all day long." in 6 reviews
  • "It may help to keep your bare minerals in place but it smells terrible and the oil control formula doesn't really do its job very well." in 5 reviews
april n.
Forest Lake, MN
Review for: bareMinerals Prime Time Original Face Primer more...
I received a sample of this from one of my friends as she was going through her makeup collection and let me just say, I might have to buy the full size!

This primer is amazing, it has the perfect cross between silicone feel and an oily feel - if that makes sense? It feels amazing on the skin, quickly absorbs and doesn’t sit on the skin like I find a lot of primers do.

I find that my makeup stays a lot longer with this underneath, especially in the places that I had a problem with (my rosy cheeks, nose, etc) and it makes my foundation last a lot longer, even without using a setting spray over top!
Sharon T.
Review for: BareMinerals Prime Time Foundation Primer more...
I've had my bottle for close to 5 years now and while it's not my favorite, I use this sparingly. I am far from finishing the whole bottle because one pump yields a lot of primer. I don't like the smell of this at all—it smells like a bunch of chemicals and paint. I do have medium skin, which the yellow blends well into and it gives me a matte finish and hides my pores well, which I am okay with. I wouldn't buy this again, as there are face primers that are far more better.
Ally F.
Pickerington, OH
Review for: Bare Minerals Prime Time Foundation Primer more...
I was really nervous when I first applied it because I have oily skin and it felt like it would exacerbate it since it feels like liquidy Vaseline almost? But once it dries it is much better and hides my pores well. I havent had any break outs or had to blot my face at all and it lasted all day. It is a bit on the expensive side for me since I'm a broke graduate student but it gets the job done!
Heidi H.
Tampa, FL
Review for: BareMinerals Prime Time Foundation Primer more...
This primer is pretty amazing! I use this for my T-zone and this along with the smash box primer water spray are the key to make my foundation last all day. This primer helps with blurring my pores near my cheeks. It doesn’t fill them but it smooth it out and my foundation would just glide on. I highly recommend this if you have oily combo skin and sensitive skin. This doesn’t break me out!
Cassie P.
Chattanooga, TN
Review for: Bare Minerals Prime Time Foundation Primer more...
This is my favorite primer! It is super thin and clear. It goes on the skin so smoothly and you can’t even tell it’s there! It really makes a difference in my makeup staying on the entire day. A little pricey ($21) but seriously worth it. Compared to other primers, the bottle lasts a long time! (Only use a little a time- it truly goes a long way)
Renee K.
Columbia
Review for: Prime more...
This product will leave my makeup lasting from 10 am when I go to work until I come home at 7pm! I could not find a better product to keep my makeup lasting longer.
On that note I alway believed that primers are supposed to keep the chemicals from makeup off of your skin. Sence using Bare Minerals, my acne has decreased severely!
Lily B.
Gretna, NE
Review for: BareMinerals Prime Time Foundation Primer more...
This primer isn’t the best. It works okay with their own foundations but not well with others. It’s does not minimize your pores but it does make your foundation long lasting. It feels very greasy on the skin which isn’t my favorite thing in the world. I gave this 3 stars only because it works very well with their foundations!
Sabrina R.
Review for: BareMinerals Prime Time Foundation Primer more...
I'm pleasantly surprised with this primer. Firstly the look of the primer was somewhat deceiving, i thought it was going to be a spray but it pumps out a creamy which is nice. I noticed that it helps my makeup stay on most of the day which is what I look for in a primer. The only downside is the consitency. I felt like it was a bit greasy feeling when I put in on my face. I wish it was more creamy and smooth than 'greasy'. I also wish the packaging was different but that's not too much of importance to me.
I don't think I'd necessarily buy it again because I've found other primers that work better for me and I don't like the consistency of this one. Other than that It's not terrible
Jazmin N.
Johnstown, PA
Review for: bareMinerals Prime Time Original Face Primer more...
I got this in a Sephora Deluxe Sample Bag with an order and after using up the whole sample, I had to buy the full size. This primer hides my large pores so well! It complements my foundation really well, my skin is so smooth when I use this primer. For me, it lasts all day long. It is a little on the expensive side though. I don't like that it is a pump bottle though. I bought some little acrylic pots for makeup and such so I scrape the primer out after I can't pump it anymore that way none goes to waste. The Tarte Primer that I formerly used has been discontinued so now this is my everyday primer. Despite the price and frustrating bottle, I will continue to purchase this primer.
April L.
Tarpon Spgs, FL
Review for: BareMinerals Prime Time Foundation Primer more...
By far my favorite primer! This primer is silicone-based, so it’s perfect for locking in moisture with my dry skin and makes all my makeup on top blend FLAWLESSLY. This is the only primer I’ve used that’s successfully filled in my fine lines under my eyes, and it makes my whole undereye flawless (which is always an issue for me). You can get it at Ulta or Sephora for around $25 , so it’s pretty affordable. Definitely recommend to anyone looking for long-lasting and absolutely FLAWLESS makeup!
Hannah K.
Lakewood , OH
It is worth the price? I have the elf primer and would like to upgrade. Thanks!
McCalla E.
Marysville, WA
Does this primer actually work? I have only had one primer actually work on my skin.
Hannah C.
Clinton Township, MI
I've been using a lotion as a primer with my bare minerals powder but just found that they have this primer. Does it actually work? And does it make your face oily?
Jennifer G.
Skippack, PA
I usually only use primer during the drier winter months. Do you use this product under your makeup all the time?
Taylor D.
Westford, MA
I just started using this product and am worried about breakouts- has anyone experienced bad breakouts using this?