bareMinerals Prime Time® Brightening Eyelid Primer uploaded by Katie P.

BY BAREMINERALS #58 in Eye Primer

What it is:
A brightening primer for the eyelids that provides a smooth base to maximize the intensity and staying power of eyeshadows.

What it does:
Sweep on this oil-free, fragrance-free primer to extend the wear and get high-pigment wear from your most coveted eye shades The gentle formula goes on sheer and lightweight, yet it provides ultimate long-wear for the most vibrant and lasting colors. Perfect for those days when you need all-day, all-night wear, the sheer, neutral tint doesn't interfere with your favorite colors, while the bareMinerals-infused smoothing base keeps excess oil from affecting wear.

What it is formulated WITHOUT:
- Parabens
- Sulfates
- Phthalates

What else you need to know:
This product is ideal for use with bareMinerals eye colors.

Ingredients: Isododecane, Barium Sulfate, Cyclopentasiloxane, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Trimethylsiloxysilicate, Glyceryl Triethylhexanoate, Polyethylene, Trihydroxystearin, Sorbitan Sesquioleate, VP/Eicosene Copolymer, Propylene Carbonate, Dimethicone, Beeswax (Cera Alba), PEG-40 Stearate, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C), Retinyl Palmitate (Vitamin A), Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Mica (CI 77019), Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491), Iron Oxides (CI 77492), Iron Oxides (CI 77499), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163).

Usage:

-Smooth onto eyelids with a brush or fingertip to instantly prime the eyelids.
-Wear it sheer for a barely there look or for optimal wear, layer with bareMinerals Eyecolor.

bareMinerals Prime Time® Brightening Eyelid Primer
  • "If the affordability and quality of this primer is still not enough to make you want to buy this product, then maybe the subtle sheen that shines through to your eye shadow will help. Or the brilliant all-day hold that lasts to the millisecond until you want to remove it. How about the perfect, non-runny, non-goopy consistency that lacks an oily formula? This primer is almost faultless." in 7 reviews
  • "I love this primer! Helps to really make my eyeshadow super pigmented! It has a bit of shimmer but is easily hidden if you're going for a more matte look. " in 3 reviews
  • "If the affordability and quality of this primer is still not enough to make you want to buy this product, then maybe the subtle sheen that shines through to your eye shadow will help." in 2 reviews
  • "It also helped my eye makeup last all night!" in 1 review
  • "When I am in a hurry I just through the brightening eyelid primer on and it gives me that little bit of color that I need to add to my look." in 1 review
Liz E.
Atlanta, GA
Without a doubt, my holy grail eyeshadow primer. I use the brightening color to give a lighter base for shadows. A little goes a long way, and this is the only primer that keeps my eye makeup in place all day and even into the night. My face tends to be oily, and this primer combats it no problem. It can also be worn alone on days when you want a fresh face look.
Amanda B.
Medford, NY
Best eye primer I have used. Eye shadow stays on all day!, especially when using bare minerals eye shadow with it. I have to use soap and water to remove it! It is super easy to apply and use. You only need a tiny bit for it to work. I definitely recommend this product.
Jordan T.
Summerville, SC
I wish I liked this because I love bareminerals, but this was a miss for me. It is way too thick and sparkly. I know it’s supposed to be “brightening” but there is way too much shimmer in it. I’d rather stick with a matte formula for an eyelid primer.
Carly O.
Chicago
I have oily eyelids. Originally I got this as an eyeshadow base, but I use it daily as my eyeshadow and add to it when I want extra oomph. I've got hazel eyes and fair skin, and it adds a subtle shimmer. Highly recommend. I also loved the other pinkish primer shadows that Bare Minerals offered, but they discontinued them, much to my chagrin.
Kelsey H.
This did crease on my eyelids, not terribly, but it did. I used a tiny bit, I used a lot, I set it before applying other Shadows and it worked for about two or three hours. It brightened slightly but didn’t keep.
Emmie H.
Summerville, SC
I am always on the go and looking for products that can get me to where I wanna be. I always have this in my go to bag and for the price, you can’t go wrong! I recommend you go out and get it today! 10 out of 10!!!
Hallie S.
Los Gatos
Makes your eyeshadow stick right on the whole day regardless of how horrible your eye shadow formula is. Pretty much helps any bad eyeshadow stay on for the most part of the day.
Brianne W.
While I really like this primer for staying power, it is just sooooo glittery. I don't know if I just got a bad batch, but it leaves so much glitter on my eyelids. Hoping I did just get a bad one and it's just supposed to be shimmery? Will continue to use it to use it up, but probably won't repurchase if it is this glittery.
Lauren W.
Grand Rapids, MI
I have oily lids, and this does the job. I've noticed that I only need a little dab for each eyelid; too much product, and it doesn't work as well in my opinion. It does brighten the eyelid, which is really nice even wearing it alone, and I notice my eyelids don't get an oily mess.
Victoria B.
San Jose, CA
Saying that I am in love with this product doesn't even explain it. I received this as a gift with an eye makeup set at the beginning of my makeup addict days. Now I can't imagine life without it. I often use it as my go-to no-makeup makeup look. Just the littlest bit goes a very long way and it really brightens my eyes. It also works amazing as a primer and keeps my shadow right in place.
Jessica L.
Sterling Hts, MI
Really looking for a primer that makes my eye shadow stay on. How well does this product actually work?
Amanda J.
Calif City, CA
What would you rate this 1-10???
Karen H.
Louisville, KY
Do you put on concealer before or after your foundation?
Amanda J.
Calif City, CA
What would you rate this 1-10???