BY BAREMINERALS

bareMinerals Prep Step SPF 50 Mineral Shield Daily Prep Lotion
  • "I wish I could give this product a million stars! I have never been one to wear sunscreen under makeup because it was either too heavy, smelled bad, or affected the color of my foundation. This product doesn't have a smell. It's really thin and easy to apply. It acts as a primer. It blends into the skin really well. It has a really decent spf. It doesn't leave my face feeling sticky. It doesn't feel greasy. And it did not break my sensitive skin out. The price is great for how little you have to use as well." in 10 reviews
Liza F.
Park Ridge, IL
I was excited to receive this full size product in my Boxycharm one month because I usually don't separately use facial sunscreens but rather have lotions or moisturizers that have them added. I was disappointed when I used this because I felt that the product gave me a greasy sheen that never really went away and made it so my makeup didn't settle. I do use liquid foundation so granted, bareMinerals general niche is their powders, so maybe I'm missing that, but I've given this a few good attempts and never really gotten any good results out of it. If it's meant to be used specifically with powder foundations it would make sense but I've never seen it specifically advertised as such. Maybe it just isn't for me.
Annette P.
Greenacres, FL
This is my favorite high spf face cream. I usually wash my face and let the natural oils start to buildup ( prob takes like 10-15 mins) then I apply this and bam I’m either done or I can apply makeup. Works well as a primer, just don’t use too much because it will be too slippery. Use a small amount and blend into skin until your face feels matte. That’s when it’s fully absorbed.

Doesn’t break me out, keeps me matte, and offers good sun protection.

If you have dry skin the day you want to wear this, I suggest a light moisture FIRST (like aqua bomb), then apply this. I say that because from experience, when my skin was dry it would flake and while I could still wear this, it was messy pulling all the dry parts and rubbing it all over the rest of my face.
But this is def the best, no greasy, super lightweight sun protection.
Natasha W.
ARDMORE
I haven't yet repurchased this, but I absolutely would. I like to buy and try a lot of skincare and I'm trying to scale back my hoarder tendencies so I already have three other sunscreens I have to work on before I should buy anymore... I'm not at all surprised that this has such a great influenster rating. I have really enjoyed this. It's cosmetically elegant, doesn't have a whitecast, and has a low EWG rating - for me, those three are basically what makes for a holy grail item. This is one of my favorite sunscreen that I've  ever tried and it would be my absolute go-to for summer. I like my sunscreens to have more moisture for the wintertime. It's a little on the expensive side. I do like the packaging of the product - it's small which makes it great for travel.
Megan J.
Atlanta , GA
I was excited to add a sunscreen to my skin routine, but this sunscreen honestly disappointed me. It takes a while to shake up, and if you don’t shake it enough it comes out watery at first. It doesn’t smell very good and it leaves my skin feeling a bit greasy. I will not be buying again. There are plenty sunscreens out there with better formulas.
Rochelle G.
bareminerals prep step mineral Shield daily prep lotion. I can't remember how this product got to be in my position. LOL. I have sensitive skin so this gives me good protection with no irritation. I use this product only under my Foundation. I know I'm protected because of the SPF 50. Although I do like this product I would not recommend it for oily skin which I have unless you follow up with a great mattifying primer. This product tends to make me a bit more oily. This product is a yes for me. bareMinerals Prep Step SPF 50 Mineral Shield Daily Prep Lotion
Sarah H.
This is super thin and liquidy compared to other sunscreens, but I actually appreciate that when I’m going to put that on my face and then later moisturizer, primer, foundation and all the other steps of my daily makeup routine on top of it because it still seems effective. No strong or harsh smells and it doesn’t seem to irritate my skin.
Wonder_Fully M.
Great great great sunscreen, will not use anything different. Ok I’m may use a different brand but will definitely always go back to this. At first I thought was to be a little oily for me, even though I have normal skin, but somehow it blends perfectly and so easy that’s got to be the best sunscreen out there. I’ve used other brands in the past, that even though you massage it in your face, you can still see the thick layer of sunscreen in your face. Not with this one. I hope I was able to describe it good, but I’ll recommend to anyone this sunscreen. I use it everyday. bareMinerals Prep Step SPF 50 Mineral Shield Daily Prep Lotion
Tara W.
Des moines, IA
Though a little greasy feeling at first, this sunscreen applies nicely to your skin. If used under makeup if doesn't have much of that white cast that can be common with sunscreens which is great however you will want to use a setting powder between sunscreen and foundation to ensure it doesn't slide off of your face.
Jocelyn💋🙈 C.
Flushing, NY
I love the fact that this sunscreen has an spf of 50 and i works sooo well just one thing i don’t like whatsoever is that i have really oily skin on my T zone and this one just makes me REALLY oily all around even places on my face that I’m not and i know sunscreens cause oiliness anyhow but it was to the point where not even my makeup would lay on right and I’ve tried everything from mattifying setting sprays to mattifying primers and it sucks cause I was so excited to try it out but this is only my opinion ..what doesn’t work for me may work for you ..but all in all if you have dry skin you’ll love this ! bareMinerals Prep Step SPF 50 Mineral Shield Daily Prep Lotion
Samantha S.
I can honestly say I don’t mind this sunscreen. It doesn’t feel too heavy or greasy compared to the average facial sunscreen. My only issue with this was, I had some trouble with the scent. There’s no fragrance, however, there is a natural scent to it. It was just a bit strong for me so I typically only wear this sunscreen when I know I’m going to be in direct sunlight. The SPF alone keeps me coming back to it. SPF 50, isn’t heavy, and works well. If you’re applying makeup on top of it anyway, the scent will go away gradually. Otherwise, if you’re comfortable with the smell, I suggest trying it. I still think it’s a great product.
Miranda B.
How does this compare to the shiseido sunscreen? That's my holy grail facial sunscreen but if this has a similar texture and feel to it id love to switch over
member-f84511154
Hi! Did anyone get an allergic reaction after using this product (BareMinerals Prep Step)? I used it twice in a row and my face got full of blemishes, bumps and super itchy!
Katherine E.
Los Angeles, CA
How often do I need to reapply this to prevent burning, and how does it apply over makeup?
Perri A.
I have combo skin and find that most sunscreens break up my makeup throughout the day or dry out my skin. How does this one wear with makeup? Are there any spf products you would recommend?
Alecia K.
La Mirada
Did anyone else receive this in their boxycharm and think its too watery?