bareMinerals Original Loose Powder Foundation SPF 15Influenster Beauty Awards Winner 2018

BY BAREMINERALS #5 in Powder Foundation

• The #1 Mineral Foundation in 2016

• 10-Year Allure Best of Beauty Hall of Fame Winner

• 10-Year Glamour Magazine Glammy Award Winner

AWARD-WINNING LOOSE POWDER FOUNDATION

Our amazingly lightweight, loose powder foundation provides sheer-to-full coverage with a no-makeup look and feel that lasts for up to eight hours.

An all-time fan favorite for two decades and counting, this natural-looking foundation is made with just five mineral ingredients and promotes clearer, healthier looking skin over time.

MAKEUP SO PURE, YOU CAN SLEEP IN IT®

Great for sensitive skin, our most popular mineral foundation protects your face with broad spectrum SPF 15 and diminishes the appearance of imperfections without drying skin out, giving you flawless coverage with a naturally luminous finish. This is makeup so pure that it won't cause breakouts-even if you sleep in it.

Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide: 12.6%, Zinc Oxide 21.8% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Iron Oxides

Usage:

FOR A FLAWLESS APPLICATION, USE THE SWIRL, TAP, BUFF METHOD

1. Swirl a small amount of ORIGINAL Foundation with SPF into the lid with the Beautiful Finish Brush until the bareMinerals are tucked into the bristles.

2. Tap off excess-the loose powder foundation should not be visible on the outside of the brush.

3. Buff the mineral makeup onto your skin in a swirling, circular motion, starting on the outside of your face near your cheekbones. Then, buff around your face, working your way to the forehead, cheeks, and nose. Buff until you're satisfied with the coverage. Less is more when applying bareMinerals, and you can build it up from sheer to full coverage.

• Please follow and I’ll follow back!8 Answers
  • Follow for follow? Comment done4 Answers
  • Does it give good coverage and does it really protect fro...3 Answers
bareMinerals Original Loose Powder Foundation SPF 15
  • "I don't wear make up every day so I've had my make up last a WHOLE year." in 1 review
  • "I looks very natural but at the same time it covers everything!" in 1 review
  • "It provides good coverage and works well with oily skin." in 1 review
  • "It doesn't look cakey like some foundations do." in 1 review
  • "It's very light on your skin, i can hardly tell I'm wearing it." in 1 review
Shirley L.
Review for: Golden Tan 20, Warm Tan 22 more...
I’m not into wearing makeup, but every once in a while or for special occasions I like to beat my face. But I don’t like to feel as though I’m wearing makeup. I like my makeup to look and feel natural.
I remember planning my wedding and looking for a makeup artist. I even went to dept. stores to test out different makeup brands. But one day I saw an infomercial about Bareminerals makeup. They made it seem so easy to apply so I thought I would give it a try. After one application I was in love. This is like my dream makeup. I had a flawless face in 2 easy steps. Concealer. Powder. Done! I couldn’t believe it. I was speechless. Let me tell you—this doesn’t happen often just ask my husband lol.
Bareminerals empowered me to be able to do my own makeup for my wedding 12 years ago. I wanted a natural makeup look. With Bareminerals I achieve the look I wanted and so much more. My family and friends thought I had my makeup done by a professional. Not to mention I saved so much money.
The loose powder is so lightweight but provides full coverage. Feels like I’m wearing my own skin. I have an oily T Zone, I love that I can use this powder throughout the day without it looking cakey. This makeup not only held me down on such a momentous day in my life, it continues to give me the natural look I love. I love Bareminerals❤️
Kathleen T.
Temple, GA
Review for: Medium Beige 12 more...
I've been wearing makeup for 11 years and I never felt compelled to try BM foundation. After being disappointed by several liquid foundations and different brands, I finally decided to try the foundation that's been a bestseller for years. I am so happy I decided to try it! My skin is dry and extremely sensitive (eczema, dermatitis & multiple allergies), and I try to make sure my beauty products are cruelty free. BM does not irritate, it covers my redness and any dark spots, and- amazingly- it stays on all day. When I remove my makeup after wearing it for 10+ hours, foundation still comes off. It doesn't dry my skin out or emphasize any texture or dry patches.

I bought the set from Ulta that has the travel size foundation, mineral veil and the small brush, and that kit only comes in a few colors. I went with medium beige 12 since it's the most popular color. The color matches the rest of my body perfectly, and I prefer to use this on my neck even when I'm wearing another foundation on my face because it doesn't clog pores or transfer to clothes. You can even sleep in this makeup and wake up without any breakouts. The coverage is buildable, which I appreciate.

I use this with Kat Von D's primer, which is water based, and the two work together perfectly. I prefer liquid concealer so I apply that under my eyes before this foundation and set it with BM's Well Rested concealer. I lightly buff the powder concealer on top of any liquid one with IT Cosmetics's Airbrush Concealer brush. When applying my foundation I make sure to really blend it with the edge of Well Rested to make the transition look seamless and prevent that reverse raccoon eye look. Although the brush designed for this foundation is not necessary, I find that it does blend this product quickly and evenly. For more concentrated application I like to use an IT Cosmetics airbrush foundation brush, but I've seen many people on YouTube use the Real Techniques buffing brush.

If you're curious about trying Bare Minerals like I was I strongly encourage you to buy the trial kit or go to store where a BM representative can apply it to your face so you can see how beautiful it is.
Michelle K.
Review for: Fair Ivory 02 more...
There was a period of time where I forgot how great this foundation is and I just wish I could get that wasted time back.

Seriously though, this is a great, light coverage foundation. I typically don't wear a ton of foundation day to day and love how light this feels. It really just melts into the skin and it doesn't even feel like you're wearing makeup.

It is a bit messy and not great for travel (will they ever come up with a purse-compatible one??) so my only complaint is it's kind of hard to do touch ups on the go. I've tried the pressed powder and it's just ehhh compared to this.

One word of caution though, if you're looking for medium to full coverage, this isn't going to be for you. It's really better for just color correction and covering up any really obvious discoloration. It's similar to a CC, BB cream or tinted moisturizer in terms of coverage.
Jennifer M.
Washington DC
Review for: Fairly Light 03 more...
I love this foundation so much. Every time I wear it my skin looks healthy, radiant, and airbrushed. After few minutes of wearing, it looses that powdery look and looks more like skin, not greasy but satin. It covers mild redness on my cheeks. It is buildable more for extra coverage without looking heavy at all. By far this is the most natural, beautiful finish I have found with a foundation. I set it with the Mineral Veil, and do use their primer, although yo can use any. Overall, best foundation I own. In order for it to work it must be buffed with a brush into the skin, using continuous buffing movements to get better results. Highly recommend this foundation even for dry skin like mine.

Tizzie D.
Purchased at: bareMinerals
Review for: Neutral Ivory 06 more...
I’m so glad I went into the store to actually meet with someone directly from bareMinerals as opposed to dealing with the girls at Ulta who really aren’t reps for the company. I learned SO MUCH about the product that i never even knew before. When I first used the product after seeing infomercials years ago, I was using it all wrong. I actually learned that the blending “buffing” is so crucial because this is what essentially turns the powder foundation into a liquid to make your skin look radiant with full coverage and no splotches anywhere. I’m back as a full time user of bare minerals and I could not be happier!
Amy D.
Purchased at: ULTA
My all time favorite Mineral powder foundation. Great coverage without feeling cakey, blends like a dream, light-weight, gives you SPF protection, and has an excellent shade range. When I'm not in the mood for heavy makeup, which is often, this is my jam. Does not clog pores or irritate my skin, and makes taking makeup off at the end of the day super easy. If you feel like mineral foundations look too powder-like, simply use a setting spray and you are good to go. This product cuts down on my application time and I couldn't go without it. bareMinerals Original Loose Powder Foundation SPF 15
Ashley G.
I have used bare minerals for years. I hate liquid foundation and its hard to find a good powder foundation but bare minerals is amazing. Its got buildable coverage so you can have it has heavy or light as you prefer. Maybe you like it lighter during the day but have a date that night and want it a bit heavier. Just go back in with your powder and tah dah! You have perfect coverage. The packaging is nice and compact so it fits well in my make up bag. They have a wide range of tones so its perfect for find just the right one for you. I love this product. Also their eye shadows are fantastic:)
Sarah G.
Scottsdale, AZ
This was my HG for years when I was younger, but I have since branched out to bigger and better things. Even though I have sensitive, combination skin, I have found a new found love for BB cream, stick foundations, and cream foundations. No matter how meticulously I used to apply my Bare Minerals foundation, and no matter how much I blended it in, I felt like I was never able to achieve the your skin but better skin look that I tried so desperately to achieve with this product. If you have oily skin, the matte version of this foundation will be a better choice for you. And it definitely won’t irritate sensitive skin or cause blemishes on those with acne prone skin. In fact, the minerals in this foundation help improve your skin’s appearance over time. If I found a formula from them that fit my needs to perfection, I would gladly switch back to using their makeup again. They are great brand with wonderful products at an affordable price point. I highly recommend getting color matched in store. And if you purchased your foundation in Summer or Winter and your skin is now a lot paler or tanner, they can help you get an additional shade to customize the perfect hue for your skin tone year round without breaking the bank. The additional SPF in their products is an added bonus as well. :)
Brittanni J.
Thomaston, GA
Review for: Fairly Light 03 more...
Bare Minerals I found sooooo long ago, I think probably close to 9-10 years ago. I found them and used them all this time. I continually tried other foundations to try to transition to a liquid one and nothing gave me all day coverage like this brand did. Not to mention you could honestly sleep in this stuff and it would not harm your skin due to the lack of harmful ingredients. All minerals all day. I am truly fond of this brand and will remain a loyal customer. They have a wide range of colors and it is always growing. They, years ago only had this powder formula but have since mixed in liquid formulas but this loose powder will always be my go too!!!

You would think with it being a powder that it would dry your skin out but it truly doesn't. I have rosacea and this is the ONLY foundation I have ever used that does not cause it to flare up meaning my makeup lasts longer because my rosacea is not burning it off.

This foundation no matter how much you build it up never looks cakey, just always a flawless natural look.
Em P.
Purchased at: Sephora
Review for: Light 08 more...
I used to be a die hard fan of the bareminerals matte loose powder, but as my skin has aged it was just too drying for me— so I switched to the original. I must say, this is an awful product! It made my skin feel so grimy and greasy, and caused horrible breakouts along my jawline! I didn’t even use this product for two weeks before returning it! Yuck!
Catherine S.
San Elizario, TX
Is this a full coverage fountaion?
Brittney P.
I've heard BareMinerals make up can feel pretty cakey is this true?
hafsa b.
Brooklyn, NY
Does this foundation give full coverage and worth every penny?
Michele B.
Naples, ME
How long have you been using Bare Minerals?
Marie T.
Is this product worth the money?