bareMinerals Original Loose Powder Foundation SPF 15Influenster Beauty Awards Winner 2018
  • bareMinerals Original Loose Powder Foundation SPF 15 Fair 01

• The #1 Mineral Foundation in 2016

• 10-Year Allure Best of Beauty Hall of Fame Winner

• 10-Year Glamour Magazine Glammy Award Winner

AWARD-WINNING LOOSE POWDER FOUNDATION

Our amazingly lightweight, loose powder foundation provides sheer-to-full coverage with a no-makeup look and feel that lasts for up to eight hours.

An all-time fan favorite for two decades and counting, this natural-looking foundation is made with just five mineral ingredients and promotes clearer, healthier looking skin over time.

MAKEUP SO PURE, YOU CAN SLEEP IN IT®

Great for sensitive skin, our most popular mineral foundation protects your face with broad spectrum SPF 15 and diminishes the appearance of imperfections without drying skin out, giving you flawless coverage with a naturally luminous finish. This is makeup so pure that it won't cause breakouts-even if you sleep in it.

Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide: 12.6%, Zinc Oxide 21.8% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Iron Oxides

Usage:

FOR A FLAWLESS APPLICATION, USE THE SWIRL, TAP, BUFF METHOD

1. Swirl a small amount of ORIGINAL Foundation with SPF into the lid with the Beautiful Finish Brush until the bareMinerals are tucked into the bristles.

2. Tap off excess-the loose powder foundation should not be visible on the outside of the brush.

3. Buff the mineral makeup onto your skin in a swirling, circular motion, starting on the outside of your face near your cheekbones. Then, buff around your face, working your way to the forehead, cheeks, and nose. Buff until you're satisfied with the coverage. Less is more when applying bareMinerals, and you can build it up from sheer to full coverage.

bareMinerals Original Loose Powder Foundation SPF 15
  • "I don't wear make up every day so I've had my make up last a WHOLE year." in 1 review
  • "I looks very natural but at the same time it covers everything!" in 1 review
  • "It provides good coverage and works well with oily skin." in 1 review
  • "It doesn't look cakey like some foundations do." in 1 review
  • "It's very light on your skin, i can hardly tell I'm wearing it." in 1 review
Kathleen T.
Temple, GA
Review for: Medium Beige 12 more...
I've been wearing makeup for 11 years and I never felt compelled to try BM foundation. After being disappointed by several liquid foundations and different brands, I finally decided to try the foundation that's been a bestseller for years. I am so happy I decided to try it! My skin is dry and extremely sensitive (eczema, dermatitis & multiple allergies), and I try to make sure my beauty products are cruelty free. BM does not irritate, it covers my redness and any dark spots, and- amazingly- it stays on all day. When I remove my makeup after wearing it for 10+ hours, foundation still comes off. It doesn't dry my skin out or emphasize any texture or dry patches.

I bought the set from Ulta that has the travel size foundation, mineral veil and the small brush, and that kit only comes in a few colors. I went with medium beige 12 since it's the most popular color. The color matches the rest of my body perfectly, and I prefer to use this on my neck even when I'm wearing another foundation on my face because it doesn't clog pores or transfer to clothes. You can even sleep in this makeup and wake up without any breakouts. The coverage is buildable, which I appreciate.

I use this with Kat Von D's primer, which is water based, and the two work together perfectly. I prefer liquid concealer so I apply that under my eyes before this foundation and set it with BM's Well Rested concealer. I lightly buff the powder concealer on top of any liquid one with IT Cosmetics's Airbrush Concealer brush. When applying my foundation I make sure to really blend it with the edge of Well Rested to make the transition look seamless and prevent that reverse raccoon eye look. Although the brush designed for this foundation is not necessary, I find that it does blend this product quickly and evenly. For more concentrated application I like to use an IT Cosmetics airbrush foundation brush, but I've seen many people on YouTube use the Real Techniques buffing brush.

If you're curious about trying Bare Minerals like I was I strongly encourage you to buy the trial kit or go to store where a BM representative can apply it to your face so you can see how beautiful it is.
Georgia P.
New Rochelle, NY
Review for: Fair 01 more...
I grew up wearing powder foundations but never found the formula worked with my skin. I was surprised when I color matched as Fair 01 but took it home to see how it worked alongside my other products. I've got to say I'm so impressed. I can control the amount of coverage I have based on the powder on my brush, it works well with my skincare (I don't use primer) and leaves my skin look radiant.

I have naturally dry skin and the powder does not cling to any patches. Amazing!

It's long wear and I've had so many compliments on my skin since wearing it!

I wouldn't say it is matte - instead quite the opposite. It leaves you with a nice dewey finish.

Will be repurchasing and going a bit darker over summer! Added spf is a plus!
Victoria S.
San Jose
Review for: Golden Fair 04 more...
This is one of my absolute favorite foundations. I layer this over a thick lotion and sunscreen so that it doesn’t set too dry on my skin. This was my first foundation when I was 16, and it’s the foundation I still come back to. It’s gentle on my skin. It hides my freckles and is very forgiving on any breakouts I’m having (you know how liquid concealers/foundations can flake and accentuate pimples? This is dry, so you won’t get that effect). You can easily choose what level of coverage you get out of this by using more or less powder. It’s fast. It’s easy. I highly recommend checking it out. I turned back to this brand after developing allergies to the liquid foundations I was wearing from other brands. If you have allergies or sensitive skin, try this out.
Lindsay G.
United states
I had high hopes for this because I had seen all the infomercials and it made it look so airbrushed and good coverage on the models faces. Well first things first this does not offer very good coverage, I would say high-light coverage at best. Lastly it made me soooooo shiney after a few hrs which blows me away and I can never seem to understand because I'm dry skinned. It rubs off very easily too. Bare essentials just doesn't work for me unfortunately.
Sandra C.
Hopkinsville
When I was younger, i swore by this new foundation. It was groundbreaking and exciting and beautiful. I tried it again a little older and i absolutely hated it. It looked powdery and cakey on top of my skin. But...then i got on YouTube and found the one they call the bareminerals queen and really watched (and rewatched) her tutorials and tips. I took heed to her suggestions and realized I'd really been using this product incorrectly all these years. I tried this again with her instructions and my more mature skin was beautiful. I've fallen in love all over again. Absolutely love and will be buying more products to complete my complexion and whatnot.
AJ 💕.
Los Angeles, CA
Purchased at: ULTA
Review for: Golden Ivory 07 more...
One of my favorite foundations! At first I didn’t believe this product has good coverage or is hydrating for the face because it was powder but I was wrong. I can use this either for everyday use or for events. It covers up blemishes well. A con is that it does take a little longer to put on than a liquid foundation but I Iike to let my face breathe. It claims to have a few ingredients and can be worn to sleep. I recommend to watch tutorials on how to apply this powder.
Rachel D.
The Woodlands, TX
This has been my go to foundation since I tried it when I was in high school. My mom who also has oily skin doesn't like it, she thinks it's too cakey, but I will never use any other kind of foundation. As I have EXTREMELY oily skin, I can't bother with liquid foundation, I need the powder to absorb some of the oil and this is perfect blendable buildable coverage, the minerals give you a dewy look without looking or feeling greasy. I just love it, it's too good.
Sarah D.
Dallas, TX
Review for: Soft Medium 11 more...
I love this foundation. Coverage is based on how much you build it. I love that it does not sink into my lines and accentuate them. I am expressive with my forehead and all liquid foundations I have tried create giant caverns on my forehead when I move it around. This foundation does not do that. This foundation is not full coverage. If you try to build it up to that you will just look like you’re wearing a lot of powder.
Misty R.
Spartanburg SC
At the time I had purchased this foundation I was unaware they made a matte formula. This stuff went on super smooth, covered amazing, and I looked flawless the first hour or two. But once the oil build up started it didn't stop. I don't think my face has ever been so sleek in my life. My glasses were sliding down my nose it was so oily. Definitely want to try the matte formula because otherwise it was a nice coverage.
Brittanni J.
Thomaston, GA
Review for: Fairly Light 03 more...
Bare Minerals I found sooooo long ago, I think probably close to 9-10 years ago. I found them and used them all this time. I continually tried other foundations to try to transition to a liquid one and nothing gave me all day coverage like this brand did. Not to mention you could honestly sleep in this stuff and it would not harm your skin due to the lack of harmful ingredients. All minerals all day. I am truly fond of this brand and will remain a loyal customer. They have a wide range of colors and it is always growing. They, years ago only had this powder formula but have since mixed in liquid formulas but this loose powder will always be my go too!!!

You would think with it being a powder that it would dry your skin out but it truly doesn't. I have rosacea and this is the ONLY foundation I have ever used that does not cause it to flare up meaning my makeup lasts longer because my rosacea is not burning it off.

This foundation no matter how much you build it up never looks cakey, just always a flawless natural look.
Catherine S.
San Elizario, TX
Is this a full coverage fountaion?
Brittney P.
I've heard BareMinerals make up can feel pretty cakey is this true?
hafsa b.
Brooklyn, NY
Does this foundation give full coverage and worth every penny?
Michele B.
Naples, ME
How long have you been using Bare Minerals?
Marie T.
Is this product worth the money?

Macy's