BY BAREMINERALS #9 in Powder Foundation

• The #1 Mineral Foundation in 2016
  • 10-Year Allure Best of Beauty Hall of Fame Winner
  • 10-Year Glamour Magazine Glammy Award Winner

AWARD-WINNING LOOSE POWDER FOUNDATION

Our amazingly lightweight, loose powder foundation provides sheer-to-full coverage with a no-makeup look and feel that lasts for up to eight hours.

An all-time fan favorite for two decades and counting, this natural-looking foundation is made with just five mineral ingredients and promotes clearer, healthier looking skin over time.

MAKEUP SO PURE, YOU CAN SLEEP IN IT®

Great for sensitive skin, our most popular mineral foundation protects your face with broad spectrum SPF 15 and diminishes the appearance of imperfections without drying skin out, giving you flawless coverage with a naturally luminous finish. This is makeup so pure that it won't cause breakouts-even if you sleep in it.

Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide: 12.6%, Zinc Oxide 21.8% INACTIVE INGREDIENTS: Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Iron Oxides

Usage:

FOR A FLAWLESS APPLICATION, USE THE SWIRL, TAP, BUFF METHOD

1. Swirl a small amount of ORIGINAL Foundation with SPF into the lid with the Beautiful Finish Brush until the bareMinerals are tucked into the bristles.

2. Tap off excess-the loose powder foundation should not be visible on the outside of the brush.

3. Buff the mineral makeup onto your skin in a swirling, circular motion, starting on the outside of your face near your cheekbones. Then, buff around your face, working your way to the forehead, cheeks, and nose. Buff until you're satisfied with the coverage. Less is more when applying bareMinerals, and you can build it up from sheer to full coverage.

• i bought this product yesterday was just about to test it...1 Answers
  • Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder how.do.you...2 Answers
  • Does bareMinerals Original Loose Powder Foundation clog p...4 Answers
bareMinerals Original Loose Powder Foundation
  • "I don't wear make up every day so I've had my make up last a WHOLE year." in 1 review
  • "I looks very natural but at the same time it covers everything!" in 1 review
  • "It provides good coverage and works well with oily skin." in 1 review
  • "It doesn't look cakey like some foundations do." in 1 review
  • "It's very light on your skin, i can hardly tell I'm wearing it." in 1 review
Kathleen T.
Temple, GA
Review for: Medium Beige 12 more...
I've been wearing makeup for 11 years and I never felt compelled to try BM foundation. After being disappointed by several liquid foundations and different brands, I finally decided to try the foundation that's been a bestseller for years. I am so happy I decided to try it! My skin is dry and extremely sensitive (eczema, dermatitis & multiple allergies), and I try to make sure my beauty products are cruelty free. BM does not irritate, it covers my redness and any dark spots, and- amazingly- it stays on all day. When I remove my makeup after wearing it for 10+ hours, foundation still comes off. It doesn't dry my skin out or emphasize any texture or dry patches.

I bought the set from Ulta that has the travel size foundation, mineral veil and the small brush, and that kit only comes in a few colors. I went with medium beige 12 since it's the most popular color. The color matches the rest of my body perfectly, and I prefer to use this on my neck even when I'm wearing another foundation on my face because it doesn't clog pores or transfer to clothes. You can even sleep in this makeup and wake up without any breakouts. The coverage is buildable, which I appreciate.

I use this with Kat Von D's primer, which is water based, and the two work together perfectly. I prefer liquid concealer so I apply that under my eyes before this foundation and set it with BM's Well Rested concealer. I lightly buff the powder concealer on top of any liquid one with IT Cosmetics's Airbrush Concealer brush. When applying my foundation I make sure to really blend it with the edge of Well Rested to make the transition look seamless and prevent that reverse raccoon eye look. Although the brush designed for this foundation is not necessary, I find that it does blend this product quickly and evenly. For more concentrated application I like to use an IT Cosmetics airbrush foundation brush, but I've seen many people on YouTube use the Real Techniques buffing brush.

If you're curious about trying Bare Minerals like I was I strongly encourage you to buy the trial kit or go to store where a BM representative can apply it to your face so you can see how beautiful it is.
Hayley G.
Eugene, OR
Review for: Fair 01 more...
I recently found this foundation after years of using tinted moisturizer and cushion foundations. I like having something on my skin that evens tone but found that tinted moisturizers and cushions tend to have a lot of transfer and can sometimes make my skin look drier than it is - which does not look nice. I tried to purchase this product from Sephora, but had to be redirected to the bareMinerals web page because my local Sephora does not carry all of the shades. This was probably one of the most difficult things about having and using this foundation. The first two shades I looked at sounded like they would be perfect for my skin but turned out to be far too yellow once applied. The company does have a really great shade  match policy and you can return any foundation that does not match your skin, which I think is wonderful and nice since description alone isn't always accurate.
I have fair skin that is dry and acne prone. and very reactive to ingredients. I have found that this does not cause me to break out or to get hives or whiteheads like some other products I have tried.  I have never used a powdered mineral foundation so I would not really know how this would compare to other products like it. However, I have found that this does not make my already dry skin seem any drier nor does it seem to transfer or move on my skin. It layers wonderfully on top of my skincare (10 Step K-Beauty) and doesn't get streaky or uneven. On days that I need to run out of the door and do not use a primer, this foundation still preforms like a dream. Also, it is so easy to customize coverage depending on how many layers are applied. I would happily repurchase and I recommend this to anyone who does not like feeling like they are wearing face makeup.
Sarah G.
Scottsdale, AZ
This was my HG for years when I was younger, but I have since branched out to bigger and better things. Even though I have sensitive, combination skin, I have found a new found love for BB cream, stick foundations, and cream foundations. No matter how meticulously I used to apply my Bare Minerals foundation, and no matter how much I blended it in, I felt like I was never able to achieve the your skin but better skin look that I tried so desperately to achieve with this product. If you have oily skin, the matte version of this foundation will be a better choice for you. And it definitely won’t irritate sensitive skin or cause blemishes on those with acne prone skin. In fact, the minerals in this foundation help improve your skin’s appearance over time. If I found a formula from them that fit my needs to perfection, I would gladly switch back to using their makeup again. They are great brand with wonderful products at an affordable price point. I highly recommend getting color matched in store. And if you purchased your foundation in Summer or Winter and your skin is now a lot paler or tanner, they can help you get an additional shade to customize the perfect hue for your skin tone year round without breaking the bank. The additional SPF in their products is an added bonus as well. :)
Jessica H.
I love this foundation for a natural, every day look! I don't need a lot of coverage so I find this perfect for me, I just have a little redness on my cheeks and some small acne scars on my chin that this foundation easily covers up. If you are looking for full coverage, this probably won't be a the best option, unless you want something a little lighter for those "no-makeup" days.
it is so easy to apply too - buff it in small circles and it melts and blends into your skin so nicely that it looks like you just have naturally flawless skin. I prefer using a brush with firm bristles like the Real Techniques Expert Face Brush because it blends in much more easily, where softer brushes seem to just leave the powder sitting on your skin instead of buffing in.
This is my go-to foundation for work and casual errands days, and pretty much all the time. I highly recommend this!
Jessica T.
Westland
Review for: Fairly Light more...
I have really dry skin so I have to moisturize before using  bareMinerals Original Loose Powder Foundation . I used to use liquid foundation but my skin wasn't working with any of the foundations I used. I would break out and my skin just wasn't working with liquid foundation. My friend recommended me to get  bareMinerals Original Loose Powder Foundation  and I did. Then I was about 14 and I thought that it was expensive. But when I started using bareMinerals Original Loose Powder Foundation my face wasn't breaking out as much.

The coverage was and is still great. it doesn't look cakey or noticeable. As long as you blend it in a little it looks 100% natural. I also feel like this product would be great for people who have oily skin. Since it is a powder and it won't make your skin even more oily looking.

Like a lot of liquid foundations. When I apply this on my face I also use it as a primer on my eyelid. It works for me. Overall this product is amazing and I use it almost every time I apply makeup on my skin.
Desiree H.
Ft Oglethorpe, GA
Review for: Fairly Light more...
I only gave this 4 stars instead of 5 because although it is the most awesome makeup and I swear it made my skin tone look more even the longer I wore it and I could sleep in it and not break out the pots were messy and difficult to deal with if you were in a hurry or- well they're just messy. But, I do want to again try the pro compact and wondered if anyone has tried that and if it is good as the loose powder? I want a compact I can carry in my purse without it making a mess in my nice purse. I tried the pro before but I was having adult acne flare up right then and wasn't sure what was breaking me out so I returned it. I can say that this is a great product and it is pretty much sweat proof even if you use your hand to wipe sweat off the makeup stays for the most part because it Buffs into your skin with such a fine dust that it doesn't really white much off when you sweat and it does even out your skin tone and you can sleep in it which is great! I'm going next for one of the compacts. Oh, did I mention it has SPF? That is wonderful in a powder. Now I give it 5 stars
Kyndall M.
Sidney, NE
Review for: Tan 19 more...
Flawless coverage! All my freckles are hidden and this foundation gives my skin a glowy finish! I love it! I never get oily with it either! I also used the bare minerals concealer for this and the kat von d tattoo liner! I finished my look with the tarte face palette, the dior lip plumper, and cover fx cream highlight bareMinerals Original Loose Powder FoundationbareMinerals SPF 20 Correcting Concealertarte Clay Play Face Shaping PaletteKat Von D Tattoo LinerDior Addict Lip Maximizer Collagen Active Lip-GlossCOVER FX The Perfect Light Highlighting Palette
Latisha M.
Westminster, CA
I absolutely love Bare Minerals and use their products often. Christmas time is the best time for the brand because of all the amazing gift sets they offer. From foundation to bloch and powders they can do no wrong. I have their four rations, eyeshadows, blushes and brushes. One of my favorite brands for sure!!! bareMinerals Original Loose Powder FoundationbareMinerals MADE-2-FIT Fresh Faced Liquid FoundationbareMinerals Ready® BlushbareMinerals Loose Powder BlushbareMinerals EyecolorbareMinerals Full Flawless Face Brush
Dani M.
Carrollton, GA
Review for: Medium Beige 12 more...
This product is a staple in my makeup routine. I will always have a spare of this tucked away to ensure I never run out because it is just that good! It gives me natural coverage without looking caked on and never fails to cover those pesky dark spots or blemishes. I can use a fluffier brush for days I just want a minimal look or a more condensed brush to add more coverage on those days when it's desperately needed. Additional makeup like bronzers or blushes go on smooth on top of this. I have tried other brands of loose powder foundation, but nothing compares to bareMinerals.
Kristina B.
Olathe, KS
Review for: Medium Beige 12 more...
I have been using this foundation for 10+ years, and it has always been my go to. I'm not much on Cream/liquid foundations. They break me out and look cakey and greasy, no matter what brand/type/technique I use. This is my tried and true foundation. Coverage can be built from sheer to medium. There's a huge shade selection, but there's also some leeway if you don't have a perfect match. I prefer the original, but the matte is good as well. It's got a built in spf, and it's super quick and easy to apply. You just can't go wrong with it. The price is perfect, considering how expensive foundations can get these days. It's the perfect natural, flawless no makeup look, while making your skin look more even toned, dewy, and just all around gorgeous. Sometimes I layer it over a BB cream for better coverage and it's perfect. Highly recommend this classic foundation if you are a powder kinda gal like me!
Catherine S.
San Elizario, TX
Is this a full coverage fountaion?
Brittney P.
Weslaco , TX
I've heard BareMinerals make up can feel pretty cakey is this true?
hafsa b.
Brooklyn, NY
Does this foundation give full coverage and worth every penny?
Michele B.
Naples, ME
How long have you been using Bare Minerals?
Marie T.
Is this product worth the money?