Sybil Y.
Sybil Y.
Oakland, CA

What's the best shade for yellow undertones? I'm an NC25-30, and look horrible in pink undertoned shades. Which shade do you recommend?
Alexis H.
Alexis H.
Feb. 15, 2014, 4:02 p.m.
Im an NC30 as well and I think Its better to have an artist at Ulta or Sephora pick out your color because I made the mistake and picked out my own; when I wear it, I look orange so now I have to up it on top of a liquid foundation.
Lexy N.
Lexy N.
Sept. 29, 2013, 7:20 a.m.
The only way to really know is to get matched. Stop by a brick & mortar store or Sephora and they can set you up with the perfect shade. Worked for me!
Alyssa T.
Alyssa T.
July 10, 2013, 2:26 a.m.
I'm and NC30 at mac and I wear Golden Medium BM but if your looking for something darker golden tan is yellow toned too. All BM foundation shades if the word golden in the name usually indicates that it has yellow tones.
Kortney F.
Kortney F.
June 19, 2013, 4:08 p.m.
Each shade specifies if it is yellow undertones, pink or neutral. I use yellow undertones as well and find that light works best, if I have a tan I go with golden medium, so it depends on your skin tone.
Elizabeth B.
Elizabeth B.
Oct. 23, 2012, 7:42 p.m.
If you are able to go to a Bare essentials store do so! They are super helpful and will choose what is best for you!
Maria W.
Maria W.
Oct. 12, 2012, 8:02 p.m.
The bareMinerals website recommends Golden Medium for medium skin with yellow-olive undertones. However, I have been using this foundation in Medium Beige for over 5 years now since that was the shade that I was originally matched to, and matched again during a visit to Ulta, and I am Asian with slightly yellow undertones. It is probably best to get matched by someone, but if your going to order it maybe get one of each? If they don't work maybe you can blend them to make a custom color.
Jeny T.
Jeny T.
Oct. 10, 2012, 11:53 a.m.
Medium
Influenster M.
Influenster M.
Oct. 10, 2012, 11:44 a.m.
I would say golden medium because its for ladies with medium skin and yellow undertones

Join Now