Brittney P.
Brittney P.
Weslaco , TX

I've heard BareMinerals make up can feel pretty cakey is this true?
Amanda C.
Amanda C.
Dec. 3, 2016, 12:45 p.m.
I've never had a problem with it. My skin is extremely sensitive and this is one of the only brands I can use.
Sam S.
Sam S.
Nov. 12, 2016, 10:25 a.m.
Any powder can be cakey mix with lotion to make a liquid foundation
Jenna M.
Jenna M.
Nov. 2, 2016, 3:25 p.m.
I never have had a problem with it feeling cakey. The only slight issue I have ever had is it drying out my skin a bit.
Paige C.
Paige C.
July 26, 2016, 7:47 a.m.
I used to use this product every day and for the most part of the day it never seemed to feel like this however I was so happy to remove it at the end of the day.
Brenda D.
Brenda D.
June 22, 2016, 6:24 p.m.
I've been using bare minerals for about One year now and i don't have any problems with it. I absolutely love this product!
Leah F.
Leah F.
Sept. 19, 2015, 10:07 p.m.
I have never actually had that problem with any of the bareMinerals line. I'm surprised to hear that you have heard it's cakey
Justina C.
Justina C.
Feb. 10, 2014, 5:24 p.m.
I think it can make it sort of dewy like a morning glow
Samantha R.
Samantha R.
Jan. 29, 2014, 6:11 p.m.
Depends on how much you have on the brush. If you're worried at all about a shine, try the matte formula. I have both and only use this brand because it doesn't feel like I have any make up on at all!
Lydia M.
Lydia M.
Nov. 9, 2013, 1:34 p.m.
It might be true if you put a ton on your face, but typically if you know how to put make up on then it shouldn't feel cakey at all. (:
Whitney G.
Whitney G.
Nov. 1, 2013, 6:06 p.m.
No, the idea with BareMinerals is the buffing part (moving your brush in circular motions). If someone's make looks cakey or not completely on, its because they haven't buffed it enough. The more you buff the better it is.
Kristen H.
Kristen H.
Oct. 26, 2013, 7:11 p.m.
No it feels like I'm not even wearing makeup
Veronica T.
Veronica T.
Oct. 22, 2013, 8:06 p.m.
Have to disagree completely. Bare minerals is pretty much the only makeup that doesn't feel caked on to me. I have highly sensitive skin so after a day in other makeup, my face feels yuck. I've even fallen asleep without removing Bare Minerals. I can truly say my skin seems to improve after wearing this makeup
Ana R.
Ana R.
Oct. 14, 2013, 5:13 p.m.
No, you usually get a cakey looking powdered face from thick foundation and thick powder. You wont get either with this product. Its light and will leave you flawless.
Stephanie D.
Stephanie D.
Oct. 1, 2013, 5:06 p.m.
Depends on what you get and how much you put on. If you get the loose powder it is very unlikely you will get the cakey feel. If you get the pressed powder then it is easy to get the cakey feel and look.
Sara F.
Sara F.
Sept. 16, 2013, 7:53 p.m.
Far from the truth. BareMinerals is a very light powder that doesn't cake up. I do use the primer with it and even when my face breaks out really bad I can use however much I want and it doesn't cake up at all.
Alicia H.
Alicia H.
Sept. 7, 2013, 12:56 p.m.
It's very very light, and with a primer it is definitely better. this is one of the lightest makeups I've felt. I don't like to feel like I'm wearing makeup on my face, my friend was trying to convince me to try it though, I went in for a free makeover at their store, and I was sold, I felt like I wasn't wearing anything, but looked beautiful. I love it.
Gabriella R.
Gabriella R.
Aug. 28, 2013, 11:52 p.m.
You only need a little bit of it. if you use to much of the powder then it could possibly make your face look cakey.
Kerrie G.
Kerrie G.
Aug. 16, 2013, 11:09 p.m.
No, but it's even better with the Bare Minerals primer called "Prime Time".
Donna P.
Donna P.
Aug. 12, 2013, 4:04 a.m.
No. It feels very light to me. I love it.
Marissa S.
Marissa S.
Aug. 4, 2013, 6:40 p.m.
I hate face makeup that makes your face look or even feel remotely cakey. I have tried bazillions of face products and I can honestly say out of all of them I love this one! I use it on a daily basis, and you don't even notice your wearing it! That's part of the reason I purchased it. It is super light yet gives you a flawless looking face, highly recommend! :)
Kendra S.
Its super light
Jennifer C.
Jennifer C.
June 26, 2013, 1:40 a.m.
I don't feel like its cakey at all, maybe if someone puts it on too heavily.
Melissa N.
Melissa N.
June 20, 2013, 2:57 p.m.
It's the total opposite of cakey, it's like it's not even there!
Kortney F.
Kortney F.
June 19, 2013, 4:09 p.m.
I think it is the exact opposite. Whenever I use any liquid it feels heavy, this always feels light and like my skin can actually breath.
Rachel R.
Rachel R.
March 25, 2013, 11:14 p.m.
I have used it for years and have never had a problem with BareMinerals make up feeling or looking cakey.
Chelsea J.
Chelsea J.
Feb. 2, 2013, 3:09 p.m.
Not the original powder foundation. This one is amazing! The matte foundation is more of a cakey cream substance that I hate! Go for the loose powder! It's the best.
Jan. 4, 2013, 2:27 p.m.
This is the BEST foundation on the market. It is good for your skin, doesn't clog pores and does not settle into wrinkles the way liquids do. It is not "cakey" when applied correctly. Get some on the brush, tap off excess and apply in layers as needed for coverage desired. It interacts w/ your skin's oils. Make sure you moisturize a few minutes before application. Plus, a little goes a very long way and ends up costing WAY less than all the other products out there.
Brittany D.
Brittany D.
Dec. 12, 2012, 7:19 a.m.
No it is not cakey. I love they way it goes on. You get to dictate the amount of coverage you get from the product.
Emily T.
Emily T.
Nov. 14, 2012, 4:20 a.m.
It's never been cakey for me. Very light, natural looking coverage.
Audrey F.
Audrey F.
Nov. 11, 2012, 1:54 p.m.
No I actually think it feels much lighter and natural than most foundations.
Jessica R.
Jessica R.
Oct. 29, 2012, 9:45 p.m.
Its totally natural i wear it everyday
Oct. 23, 2012, 7:43 p.m.
Not at all! It feels suuuper light and natural.
Paige H.
Paige H.
Oct. 23, 2012, 6:49 a.m.
Mine has never felt cakey. It is very light. You can make it as light or heavy as you wish. I love the coverage Bare Minerals gives. It blend very well.
Colleen S.
Colleen S.
Oct. 21, 2012, 10:31 p.m.
If you don't put too much product on, it wont cake. The nice thing about this foundation is you can build up the coverage, making it great for day and night use with the same product. But, everyone's skin is different. This used to work SO amazing for me, but as I got a bit older something in my skin changed and it doesn't work as well anymore. But for my super oily teen-early 20s skin it was perfect and never cakey
Amanda B.
Amanda B.
Oct. 20, 2012, 8:18 a.m.
Only if you have dry skin and pile it on.
Marquita S.
Marquita S.
Oct. 19, 2012, 9:15 p.m.
I have been using this product for 4+ years and I have never had that issue. The best thing about it is that you can customize how much coverage you want and the "tap and swirl" method keeps like makeup application light
Stephanie R.
Stephanie R.
Oct. 17, 2012, 7:14 p.m.
Absolutely Not!
Shannon L.
Shannon L.
Oct. 14, 2012, 6:21 p.m.
I've been using this product off and on for years and the only times I feel like it looks thick is when the product I have underneath does not complement it. You can put on moisturizers but some of the primers on the market are not a good fit. Also, for those of us who cover blemishes with this product, be sure to use the concealer brush and only on the areas that need the extra coverage. If you try to cover the area more fully with the regular brush you will get the cakey effect.
Harriett M.
Harriett M.
Oct. 12, 2012, 9:54 p.m.
I've never had an issue with this making me feel cakey. And I have overly oily skin.
Alexandra H.
Alexandra H.
Oct. 11, 2012, 3:36 p.m.
Not at all. Even if you use a little extra than normal, it feels like you don't have anything on your face. Best powder foundation I've ever used.
Aislinn T.
Aislinn T.
Oct. 11, 2012, 10:41 a.m.
I am over forty, and this isn't as forgiving on my skin as a non powder foundation. It seems those minerals found every line I had and settled in. I have seen wonderful results but I think you should think about what kind of skin you have. If you get it applied in the store, give it the one hour test, look at it in an hour and see how it set on your face.
Patsy N.
Patsy N.
Oct. 11, 2012, 9:35 a.m.
I think it really depend on how you apply it.
Shelby O.
Shelby O.
Oct. 11, 2012, 8:03 a.m.
I don't feel like its cakey. Actually It doesn't even feel as if I have any makeup on at all.
Danielle S.
Danielle S.
Oct. 9, 2012, 10:27 p.m.
Depends on your skin tone and condition. If your skin is super dry before applying this, you will probably run into the cakiness issue. But, apply a moisturizer and then the foundation and you should have dewy looking skin...no cakes feeling whatsoever,
Heather G.
Heather G.
Oct. 9, 2012, 4:17 p.m.
I've never had an issue with it being cakey. It feels very light on your skin.
Isabel H.
Isabel H.
Oct. 9, 2012, 12:41 p.m.
I've used this foundation for 2 years and have never had an issue with cakeness.
Jennifer G.
Jennifer G.
Oct. 9, 2012, 10:47 a.m.
This foundation does seem to cake on my dry spots. I don't wear it when my skin is particularly dry because it seems to accentuate the dryness. When my skin is more normal, this foundation looks very nice and natural.
Laurencia P.
Laurencia P.
Oct. 9, 2012, 4:20 a.m.
In my experience, It never gets cakey. There's always a smooth, luxurious finish on my face after I use the foundation. I do use a moisturizer before hand so maybe that's what helps because I see a lot of people saying its cakey for them
Huda K.
Huda K.
Oct. 8, 2012, 6:26 p.m.
It tends to be cakey if you have really dry, rough skin. To avoid that, just make sure you exfoliate and moisturize before applying :)
Oct. 8, 2012, 3:37 p.m.
It will settle into fine lines if you pack it on too thick. And unfortunately, that's what you're suppose to do in order to use it as a concealer. Otherwise, buff it out really well with a kabuki, and it won't cake. And blot throughout the day to control oil instead of piling on more powder.
Tashia W.
Tashia W.
Oct. 8, 2012, 2:44 p.m.
I did find it cakey. My skin was uneven and required additional coverage in areas which became patchy throughout the day. To add insult to injury, the powder clung to the edges of blemishes and dried them out.
Ashley B.
Ashley B.
Oct. 8, 2012, 2:05 p.m.
If you follow their swirl, tap, and buff technique and only apply a thin layer, it will not be cakey. Make sure that you are only using a light concealer underneath, and not another liquid foundation.
Laurie L.
Laurie L.
Oct. 8, 2012, 1:11 p.m.
If you put the right amount on then it wont look cakey. It doesn't take much to get just the right look.
Heather S.
Heather S.
Oct. 8, 2012, 12:01 p.m.
Absolutely not! I get extremely claustrophobic with makeup on my whole face and this is literally the only stuff that I can handle wearing. Although I don't wear the matte. That could be a different story.
Alexandria R.
Alexandria R.
Oct. 7, 2012, 10:30 p.m.
Not always. It depends on what you wear underneath it. Also, it could be that the type of brush you are using. I would suggest synthetic.
Jaime D.
Jaime D.
Oct. 7, 2012, 3:05 p.m.
Not at all (at least for me) I find that it is really light weight. If I had to say something negative I would point out that you will want to keep some in your purse for touch ups thru out the day.
Diana V.
Diana V.
Oct. 7, 2012, 10:36 a.m.
Not, cakey at all is a very good product
Sarah T.
Sarah T.
Oct. 6, 2012, 9:13 p.m.
It depends on your skin type. I feel this foundation is good for Normal to Oily/Combination skin types. It's not a full coverage foundation, so If you have those skin types and use a powder brush you should be fine. If you have dry skin it will definitely look cakey, cause it will just cling to the dry patches. I would recommend applying a moisturizer or a primer before applying this foundation.
Paige F.
Paige F.
Oct. 6, 2012, 8:17 p.m.
It doesn't look cakey unless you put to much on. I have combanation skin and I love it
Janice V.
Janice V.
Oct. 6, 2012, 4:05 p.m.
It's only cakey when you put a lot, just use you regular baby kabuki brush, and it should be enough!
Laura S.
Laura S.
Oct. 5, 2012, 8:42 p.m.
This largely depends on how much coverage you need. A wash of color is completely different from full coverage; in the latter case, yes, caking is much more likely.
Kailey G.
Kailey G.
Oct. 5, 2012, 7:46 p.m.
Usually it does not get cakey looking, if you have drier skin I would recommend moisturizing before applying it also as long as you buff it in and tap of your brush before applying it it won't look cakey.
Danielle A.
Danielle A.
Oct. 5, 2012, 3:10 p.m.
It will only be cakey by how much you use but normaly once you do a one over buffing it in it will not be cakey at all!
Shannon B.
Shannon B.
Oct. 5, 2012, 2:43 p.m.
If you have dark skin you have to spend a lot of time buffing it out to decrease any cakiness/ashiness. Also if you have super oily skin, it can get cakey around your nose and settle into your pores and look a bit gritty in my experience.
Karissa C.
Karissa C.
Oct. 5, 2012, 1:39 p.m.
If you use the recommended amount *pea size* and blend with your kabuki brush, it wont look cakey!
Erica U.
Erica U.
Oct. 5, 2012, 12:03 p.m.
It doesn't look cakey, but the matte version does, and as for feeling cakey, because it's a mineral foundation, it's very lightweight.
Anna L.
Anna L.
Oct. 5, 2012, 11:36 a.m.
I've never had this problem. I generally use it as a sheer coverage foundation though, so I buff on a pretty small amount. It just evens out my skin tone, and for me, it always feels like I'm not wearing any foundation at all!
Kay L.
Kay L.
Oct. 5, 2012, 11:31 a.m.
I've never had it feel cakey, but if it isn't buffed in enough, it will feel cakey and look shiny. The key to it all is buffing and patience.
Kat F.
Kat F.
Oct. 5, 2012, 7:43 a.m.
I've never found it to be cakey, but I guess it depends on how much you apply. I've always found it to be very light-feeling, as well as light looking. so light that I barely noticed a difference from when I wasn't wearing make up
Jeannine H.
Jeannine H.
Oct. 5, 2012, 7:34 a.m.
I agree with the person who said if you have dry skin it can look and feel cakey. I have dry skin and it felt cakey. But, if you don't have dry skin it usually does not look cakey unless you put on too much or use the wrong brush.
Rachel A.
Rachel A.
Oct. 5, 2012, 5:18 a.m.
It's not necessarily cakey, however if your skin is on the drier side it can give that feel.
Kelly M.
Kelly M.
Oct. 4, 2012, 8:43 p.m.
Sybil, you should try Bare Minerals Matte! It doesn't leave that shimmer you describe!
Mallory H.
Mallory H.
Oct. 4, 2012, 5:09 p.m.
I haven't had a problem. swirl tap and buff you'll get the amount you need. also clean your brushes regularly.
Julie H.
Julie H.
Oct. 4, 2012, 4:13 p.m.
I haven't had any problems with them before. Just put on enough only.
Oct. 4, 2012, 3:51 p.m.
Not cakey, but the minerals make my skin look shiny/shimmery. Kind of like Lt. Data on star trek. It's not good for photos - you reflect too much and look extra light.
Mandi W.
Mandi W.
Oct. 4, 2012, 3:25 p.m.
I think this depends on how thick you put it on! If you put it on with a regular powder brush, it doesn't feel thick or cakey at all. When I use it with a kabuki brush as more of a foundation, however, it can look cakey on your skin and feel a little bit thick.

Join Now