Add a Photo

By BAREMINERALS
#5 in Powder Foundation

A cool tone for medium-to-tan skin with no imperfections New CLICK, LOCK, GO® sifter - no spills, no leaks, no worries Discover why millions of women are going "bare" with the award-winning foundation that started the mineral makeup revolution. Made with pure, crushed minerals from the earth, bareMinerals SPF 15 Foundation looks like a powder, feels like a cream and buffs on like silk, giving skin a natural luminosity.  Free of preservatives, talc, oil, waxes, fragrances, and other chemicals that can irritate skin and cause breakouts, its ideal for all skin types and conditions, from sensitive skins to acne and rosacea.  Our weightless, silky minerals give you flawless coverage with the amazing look and sensation of radiant bare skin.  Plus, it provides natural SPF 15 broad spectrum UVA/UVB protection.  What s not to love? Choose Medium Tan for

Photos (221)
Shelly W.
Shelly W.
San Jose, CA

I would say that after the first two weeks of usage, I was pretty pleased with the results since coverage was light to medium and I thought that it felt really light on my skin. This foundation was actually my first venture into any form of foundation – I used this beforediscovering BB cream, etc.

I remember feeling my skin itch slightly while using this foundation but I thought that it was just something that would go away with time. Unfortunately for me, I was one of those people who broke out in moderate to severe acne. While it did not develop into cystic acne, I’m sure it would have if I didn’t decide to stop using it and go see a dermatologist. I was prescribed Retin-A after this and it took nearly 6-8 months for my skin to semi-recover.

A main problem with this mineral make-up is in its ingredients. The ingredients for the foundation: Titanium Dioxide 12.6%, Zinc Oxide 21%, Bismuth Oxychloride, Mica, Iron Oxides. The ingredients in the concealer are similar: Mica, Bismuth Oxychloride, Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides, Ultramarines.

The culprit for most people is the bismuth oxychloride, which is an ingredient that is responsible for the dewy, satin finish that the mineral makeup provides for your skin. It is a common ingredient that makes the minerals feel silky and stay on your skin better. Some people can go by without any irritation, I have two friends that continue to use bareMinerals and their skin is absolutely gorgeous, not a pimple in sight.

If you have sensitive, acne-prone skin – I would avoid this product all together. If you are itching to give it a try and don’t usually have skin problems, I would say go ahead and purchase a sample of it first to see if you react to the bismuth oxychloride.

Good news though, I know that they have released a new formula – the “Matte SPF 15 Foundation”, which does not contain bismuth oxychloride. I haven’t tried it yet but honestly, bareMinerals has lost a load of points in my book. I don’t know if I’ll ever try their products again.
Lauren I.
Lauren I.
Neptune, NJ

I have been using bareminerals original foundation for YEARS!!! Growing up I always had oily skin and foundation just made it worse. I stayed away from makeup all together until I was in my later twenties because of this problem. It wasn't until I popped into the bareminerals dept at my local Macy's that changed that for me.

When I was 27 I decided it was time to retry this whole makeup thing. I knew There were a few things that I needed if this would ever work.

1.) I needed foundation that was OIL FREE. I knew a foundation with oil would cause my skin to break out and become shiny throughout the day so this was a must. Not only is bareminerals oil free but it also contains no parabens and sulfates. SCORE!

2.) It had to be reasonably priced. I cannot even tell you how many times I have wanted to try a product but just can't bring myself to spend a small fortune on a 3 ounce foundation. Not only is this foundation affordable priced but you also get A LOT for your money! $28.50 for a 0.28 ounce jar will last MONTHS!

3.) It had to contain SPF. This particular product has SPF 15 which is perfect for me because I'm generally indoors all day. The 15 is just enough for when I'm outside for small occurrences through most of week.

The other great thing about this product is that you can decide how much coverage you want! If you don't want complete full coverage you simply put less powder on your brush. For heavier, fuller coverage you can apply layers one at a time. No matter what, this foundation never cakes up.

I highly recommend this foundation and can't imagine ever using anything else!
Ashley L.
Ashley L.
Ankeny, IA

My mom is the one who introduced me to bareMinerals about 13 years ago and at the time, I really wasn't interested in the product at all. One night I relented and let her do my makeup and I was completely shocked with the results. I went to work that night and random customers at my tables were complimenting my skin and my appearance. Since that night, this is one product I've always kept in my stash. There are some days where I'm not interested in wearing this, particularly days where my skin is extra oily, but any time my skin starts acting out or breaking out, I know I can still even out my face and conceal blemishes with this foundation and my skin will be calmed down. I have combo skin, but it definitely is on the oilier side of combination. During the winter, I can usually get away with the Original foundation, which has a very skin-like appearance and for me, it imparts a bit of glow as well (nothing like a highlighter, just a very natural looking radiance). In the summer, I tend to go lighter with foundations in general, but I'll use the Matte version when I'm having skin issues and it doesn't sweat off or clog my pores. For the price, this product is a great "luxury" brand foundation because one will last you forever - you really don't need much product. I love that I can apply this lightly for just a bit of evening out or I can work it up to full coverage if I'm going to a special event or something. This has to be one of my all time favorite foundations, and I'm sure I'll always have one in my makeup stash.
Madelyn P.
Madelyn P.
Steelville, MO

I've been using this foundation for almost 10 years! PERFECT for ladies with sensitive skin. Do NOT be afraid of Bare Minerals. Bare Minerals can do you NO wrong. To be honest, you could sleep in this (DON'T do it on purpose....your skin needs to breathe! Take your skin care seriously....but lets be honest....we all pass out during a Netflix binge occasionally.. ) and wake up with clearer, more radiant skin! Crazy right? NO. I have struggled with acne for YEARS. I would not talk up a product unless it was nothing but good to me. For someone struggling with acne, there is nothing worse than wasting your money on a cleanser or new foundation that has great ingredients but irritates your skin. This has NEVER made my skin worse. Of course to get full coverage I have to use liquid foundation for heavy coverage when I am really breaking out...but this is a flawless finish and has pretty great coverage for a powder alone. I love it! Bare Minerals seriously will never do you any harm. Take it from someone that has adult acne and has walked around every foundation block across the world....
olivia v.
olivia v.

Oil-free, long wearing, buildable coverage
I used this foundation for close to 5 or 6 years straight and loved it. I moved to a drier climate and didn't really moisturize right before I applied it, so then I search for something different and turned to liquid for a bit. I have always come right back it and especially now that I am more conscientious about my skin care routine and take better care to cleanse and hydrate my face. I rarely get any breakouts when using this and it really makes you look luminous. I have some dark spots on my face now from some scars, and it doesn't do well hiding those, hence the 4-star rating. I am going to try a different brush to use with it other than the one it comes with because since BM has changed to a different way of making the brush about 1 or 2 years ago, the bristles are very scratchy and it doesn't go on as smooth as what I remember in the past. I've used both the matte and original and like the original best. I live in a really dry climate and found the matte to be too much. Overall, I love it though! I
Shavon G.
Shavon G.
Pompano Beach, FL

If you would have asked me 10 years ago what I thought of bare minerals, I would have said I absolutely loved it. That it gave me a great long lasting look that I could wear all night and not have to worry about falling asleep in. That it covered up my flaws and minimized my fine lines that started even then. The sleeping part may still be true but while I still love the ability to blend in the bronzer to adjust the color with the change of my skin tone thru the year, it doesn't make me look as flawless as it once did. In fact it seems to be accentuating my flaws :( now at almost 34yo I'm starting to see deeper lines & BM now makes them much worse, more noticeable & leaves a powdery residue that it never use to.I look so much better with a bb cream or nothing at all because my skin is holding up great. It started to make me look very aged! My new batch is fairly new to.Maybe it's a bad batch but after 10 years of being a faithful customer I won't be taking this expensive risk again :(
Lindsay G.
Lindsay G.
Hazleton, PA

I have severely sensitive and acne prone skin. I was always the type to pack on liquid concealer, then cover that with powder foundation that was so cakey and thick to cover blemishes, and then I only broke out more because of all the makeup I wore. The first time I heard about mineral makeup I was intrigued, but I never thought something like that would cover all my issues. Then I tried Bareminerals. My life changed so dramatically I can't even tell you. I was shocked to see that this light, airy, good for me mineral powder makeup could actually make MY skin look flawless. It didn't irritate my skin, and it allowed any breakouts I did get to go away without further aggravation from makeup, but I could feel confident going out. The only complaint I could come up with is that I'm super fair, and the lightest shade of this didn't cover enough and the next shade up would be too dark, but applying the lightest shade in layers ended up making it look a bit orange
Stacey C.
Stacey C.
Peachtree Cty, GA

I've used this foundation for ten years now. I tried the matte version for about six months but then came back to the original. The matte looked okay in person, but really weird in pictures. It's like it did the opposite of contouring, it made my face look really 2-D. Anyways, back to the original. It looks amazing. It's lightweight. It covers EVERYTHING (the concealer (bisque) is really amazing too). Usually I'll use a lightweight BB cream (that I spread on with my hands) and then this on top. If I use a BB cream first, I only need a tiny bit of the bare minerals, and it last forever that way. If I use just the bareminerals, I go through about one full size foundation every three-four months. If I use it on top of BB cream, I go through one every 6 months. My skin has never looked better. I love it! To contour, I just buy another thing of foundation a shade or two darker and use that.
Mattie R.
Mattie R.

Oh my gosh, I adore this foundation. I don't think I can emphasize that enough. I first tried this after years of liquid foundation, and it's so hard to switch back. When I first tried this, it was mainly out of curiosity. I had never used a powder foundation, and for whatever reason, I was skeptical that it wouldn't stick to my skin with primer (obviously I was very wrong). The best part is how it looks and feels so natural. It doesn't make my skin feel cakey or smothered, which I often experience with liquid foundations. The color blends in nicely with the skin, and it feels like you're wearing nothing on your skin. It can be a bit messy, though. The worst part is having it spill all over the carpet - it's almost impossible to get out. Besides that, there really isn't anything I don't like. It's, dare I say, perfect.
Plus, it lasts a lot longer than you'd think (in my opinion).
Nancy J.
Nancy J.
Augusta, ME

I just started using this again after years of not using it. I purchased it from Jet.com for $10.00, which is a great deal, but they don't give you the full size for that price.

I'm a medium beige color and the color matches me perfectly. It is a good every day foundation (a classic at this point) that is not as bad for your health/skin as a liquid foundation. It has an SPF of 15 so it does give sun protection. It does apply fairly creamy (I used the original foundation brush that I have kept from years ago) and I found that it had an overall nice effect on my skin. It's fairly sheer and I think if you try to build it, you will find that it can look cakey. If you want some thing that gives light coverage, is healthy for your skin and the original has a slight sheen, this can work very well, especially if you already have pretty good skin to begin with.
Catherine S.
Catherine S.
San Elizario, TX

Is this a full coverage fountaion?
Brittney P.
Brittney P.
Weslaco, TX

I've heard BareMinerals make up can feel pretty cakey is this true?
hafsa b.
hafsa b.
Brooklyn, NY

Does this foundation give full coverage and worth every penny?
Marie T.
Marie T.
Avondale, LA

Is this product worth the money?
Michele B.
Michele B.
Naples, ME

How long have you been using Bare Minerals?

Join Now