BY BAREMINERALS #12 in Finishing & Translucent Powders

What it is:

TRANSLUCENT FINISHING POWDER FOR EVERY SKIN TONE

Perfect your makeup look with Mineral Veil, now available in four shades and finishes, from matte to luminous. Versatile enough for all skin tones and skin types, the light-as-a-feather, super smooth formulas blend onto skin without smudging the makeup you're already wearing. Sheer and never cakey, Mineral Veil is a translucent setting powder made with natural ingredients that weightlessly blurs and minimizes the appearance of fine lines and pores, whether it is applied over makeup or onto beautifully bare skin.

ORIGINAL MINERAL VEIL FINISHING POWDER

Soft Matte Finish

With a soft matte finish, Original Mineral Veil is a transparent but hardworking finishing powder for all complexions. Minimizing lines, absorbing oils, and softening your look, it gives you an airbrushed finish that's too good to miss. And best of all, the loose mineral powder is utterly weightless.

ILLUMINATING MINERAL VEIL FINISHING POWDER

Brightening and Blurring Luminous Finish

Completely sheer and versatile enough for all skin tones, Illuminating Mineral Veil provides a soft glow and keeps skin looking photo-ready with light-reflecting pearls that impart a radiant, ethereal softness.

TINTED MINERAL VEIL FINISHING POWDER

Soft Matte Finish with a Hint of Warm Tint

With all of the soft translucence of the Original Mineral Veil, our Tinted Mineral Veil Finishing Powder features a hint of warm tint that infuses skin with softness and light while gently absorbing oil and minimizing the appearance of lines and pores. Completely sheer with a soft matte finish, it's versatile enough for all skin tones and works especially well as a translucent setting powder for dark and deep skin tones.

HYDRATING MINERAL VEIL FINISHING POWDER

Hydrating, Brightening Finish with a Cooling Sensation

Our Hydrating Mineral Veil brightens skin with a sheer, peachy soft luminosity. The unique water and rice lipid encapsulated formula delivers an immediate brightening boost with a cool feeling. Clinically proven to improve skin's ability to retain moisture, the translucent finishing powder also minimizes the appearance of fine lines, pores and shine, and keeps your complexion feeling fresh. *

Ingredients: Silica, Aqua (Water/Eau), Silica Silylate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Lipids, Populus Tremuloides Bark Extract, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Sodium Dehydoracetate, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Sorbic Acid. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492)

Usage:

SWIRL, TAP, BUFF® APPLICATION

SWIRL a small amount of Mineral Veil Finishing Powder in the lid until it all disappears into the brush.

TAP away excess.

BUFF onto the skin in sweeping motions.

Apply a quick sweep of the translucent finishing powder across the t-zone, around the cheeks or all over the face-wherever you need Mineral Veil to gently lock makeup in place, absorb excess oil, and help keep you looking fresh and flawless.

FOR OIL CONTROL

For use on oilier complexions, in humid climates, or with heavy moisturizers, start your makeup routine with an application of Mineral Veil before applying bareMinerals foundation or face makeup, then apply again as a last step to set your makeup.

• Who else uses Bare Minerals everyday! 20 Answers
  • Is this good to wear over the mineral foundation?2 Answers
  • Which is better - mineral powder or loose powder?1 Answers
Heather N.
Monroe
I have been using bare minerals for about 3 years now.

I LOVE this set. It's great for travel! So compact but complete with everything you need for day and evening looks. I do feel it's toward the more expensive end for the amount of product you get and if I use it 4-5 times a week this set is gone in 2-3 weeks, a month at the most. So, unless you want the small containers, it is more reasonably priced in full-size products!
GREAT for my sensitive skin. I can wear it daily without fear of breakouts from too much makeup use.

Works and looks so flawless & SMOOTH! I'm in my late 30s and my "fine lines" are starting to show more & more! So, I have to be careful with what products I use to not show my age 😂. This makeup does not settle in lines. This makeup looks flawless if put on properly. It even skin tones and hides blemishes Very, Very well without feeling heavy. I always get compliments on how my skin looks when I use my bare minerals. This makeup does not get on your clothes or phone like liquid makeup does. It lasts most the day too without need to touch up. I do have to touch up if going out after work for the evening for dinner but not somewhere casual.

I use the primer, concealers, the foundation, the finishing powder, highlighter, and bronzer for starters & little bit goes a LONG way! Do not use directly from the container. Shake some in the lid as recommended! Definitely look at the instructions for each product to get the most out of them. I also use blushes and lip products.

HANDS DOWN the BEST PRIMER! It feels like velvet going on. It is light and airy but leaves a smooth surface to start your makeup applications. It is my MOST FAVORITE primer! Too, it takes so little product the tube lasts forever!

Surprisingly, the concealer is the GREAT for covering up dark circles under my eyes!!!

The blushes blend evenly and like the eye shadows stay on all day.
Shasha S.
I loveeee this product.
Its long lasting and finshing is amazing.
I love this top most brand.
This is one of my favorites brands and with reasonable price.
It gives soft texture on skin.
I would definitely recommend this product and brand too.
Its better to search for offers before buying.
Have different shades of color for different skin tones.
I like to visit above stores only to buy this and find offers.
It gives fantastic look for party and for simple makeup also.
It would be too nice if there are some small samples to try before we buy.
Shade is just awesome on my skin and hope for others too.
It has matte texture.
I would definitely buy More n more n more...
I love trying new products and samples tooooooo.
Its bestiest best product I have ever used...
Sidney R.
So, I used to do a lot of full face makeovers for clients with almost all of the B.E. minerals. Personally, my skin was too dry for the products, regardless of whether it was the loose foundation, mineral veil, or loose radiants. Not only that, I never felt like it was enough coverage for my skin. But I can say this, it worked wonders for many people of many different skin types & skin colors. Especially people with pale complexions, rosacea/redness, or any skin concerns/sensitivities. The most common complaints I've heard or had with the loose minerals mainly with the loose minerals being super messy, which can be especially discouraging when there was an accidental spill, such as dropping the container whether the lid was on or off, because 1 way or another, there would end up being a huge cloud of minerals wafting, plus it was always sad to see so much product wasted if it was dropped when the lid was off. But, on the upside, the product itself does work well & many people consider the mineral veil their secret weapon or perfect finishing touch to their makeup routine, which is why it's been a top seller in the makeup industry for over a decade. Plus, you can't go wrong with all natural minerals in a cosmetic product.
Veronika T.
Windsor Hills, CA
Review for: Original more...
This is my favorite brand of cosmetics. I have weird skin, sometimes it's hardy as a pioneer and some days you look at it wrong and it will break out. Whatever my skin is doing, I can put on the Bare Mineral foundation, and it feels light and airy on my skin and hides all my imperfections and makes me look like I have great skin. I can wear it all day and have even SLEPT in this foundation, and I get up the next day and wash my face and my face feels better than when I put the makeup on. The coverage is wonderful and it's just a great product.
Nandi W.
Review for: Tinted more...
It’s not a lot of product, but it does the job. You can use this product if you have oily skin and or dry skin. If you have oily skin, do not apply water to your sponge. If you have dry skin, apply water and use it conservatively. It last all day. Please do not expect it to last long if you have oily skin and you use inexpensive creamy products. Works well on brown skin. It’s for people seeking a natural look.
Kelly S.
Review for: Hydrating, Original, Tinted more...
I love BM products.
This does help with shine and setting makeup.

But I find several of the mineral veil products too ashy or powdery looking on my skin.

The moisturizing version doesn’t feel much different to me than the original.

With all the cons stated above, the product does what it’s supposed to (with a little post application effort).

For my skin I have to take my damp beauty blender and kind of push the product into the skin. I have also applied with a brush then sprayed a moisturizing spray.
Green B.
Review for: Bare Escentuals 12594393702 i.d. BareMinerals Illuminating Mineral Veil - 9g-0.3oz more...
I've been using this as a setting powder and OMG. It goes on so smoothly on your skin! It doesn't crease as much as my old one did and it sits nicely on your skin for hours. I have a full 8-9 hour workday and it doesn't make me touch up my under eyes. I've worn it for weddings, events, everyday, etc and it keeps my skin looking great. There's no flashback with this! I've been looking for powders without talc and I'm so glad I found BareMinerals. I'll continue to purchase products from them!
Kim P.
Kathleen, GA
Review for: Original, Illuminating more...
I was on the search for new makeup I was so tired of the make up with the caked on foundation look, all for the sake of beauty.I was never one to like to wear a lot of make. I was young with good skin and did not wan to makeup to ruin that. So I had been seieng this advertised on T.V. I was fascinated by it everytime. I have to say the bareMinerals Mineral Veil Finishing Powder went above and beyond my expectation and I have been using it now for a very long time.
Bonni C.
Heiskell, TN
This is my favorite setting powder of all time. I can't use bare minerals foundation because no matter how many different ways I apply it or how many primers I use it creases and settle into every nook and cranny in my face. However the mineral veil is AMAZING. It hides every pore on my face and truly gives you that airbrushed soft focus look we all love. Plus the price is about medium in what I like to spend. I'm cheap but I'll shell out for an awesome product.
Laura M.
Holmes, NY
I don't really know what all the hype is over BareMinerals but I decided to splurge on a finishing powder and ended up spending way too much on this product. First off, the smell of the powder is nauseating. And application can be somewhat wasteful. It made a total mess on my bathroom rug. Once applied I felt like I looked a little too powdery. And not so great at controlling any shine after the day went on. I will test a product next time before splurging 😕
aubrey b.
Who else uses Bare Minerals everyday!
Jannette D.
Pierre, SD
Has anyone found a place that sells this cheaper?
Katharine R.
Cape May, NJ
Does anyone have any good websites where I can order more of this product from?
Jennifer D.
Newport, TN
Is this worth the money ?
Kyla M.
Lafayette
Why does this makeup make me really oily I don't think I'm usually an oily person