BY BAREMINERALS #13 in Finishing & Translucent Powders

What it is:

TRANSLUCENT FINISHING POWDER FOR EVERY SKIN TONE

Perfect your makeup look with Mineral Veil, now available in four shades and finishes, from matte to luminous. Versatile enough for all skin tones and skin types, the light-as-a-feather, super smooth formulas blend onto skin without smudging the makeup you're already wearing. Sheer and never cakey, Mineral Veil is a translucent setting powder made with natural ingredients that weightlessly blurs and minimizes the appearance of fine lines and pores, whether it is applied over makeup or onto beautifully bare skin.

ORIGINAL MINERAL VEIL FINISHING POWDER

Soft Matte Finish

With a soft matte finish, Original Mineral Veil is a transparent but hardworking finishing powder for all complexions. Minimizing lines, absorbing oils, and softening your look, it gives you an airbrushed finish that's too good to miss. And best of all, the loose mineral powder is utterly weightless.

ILLUMINATING MINERAL VEIL FINISHING POWDER

Brightening and Blurring Luminous Finish

Completely sheer and versatile enough for all skin tones, Illuminating Mineral Veil provides a soft glow and keeps skin looking photo-ready with light-reflecting pearls that impart a radiant, ethereal softness.

TINTED MINERAL VEIL FINISHING POWDER

Soft Matte Finish with a Hint of Warm Tint

With all of the soft translucence of the Original Mineral Veil, our Tinted Mineral Veil Finishing Powder features a hint of warm tint that infuses skin with softness and light while gently absorbing oil and minimizing the appearance of lines and pores. Completely sheer with a soft matte finish, it's versatile enough for all skin tones and works especially well as a translucent setting powder for dark and deep skin tones.

HYDRATING MINERAL VEIL FINISHING POWDER

Hydrating, Brightening Finish with a Cooling Sensation

Our Hydrating Mineral Veil brightens skin with a sheer, peachy soft luminosity. The unique water and rice lipid encapsulated formula delivers an immediate brightening boost with a cool feeling. Clinically proven to improve skin's ability to retain moisture, the translucent finishing powder also minimizes the appearance of fine lines, pores and shine, and keeps your complexion feeling fresh. *

Ingredients: Silica, Aqua (Water/Eau), Silica Silylate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Lipids, Populus Tremuloides Bark Extract, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Sodium Dehydoracetate, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Sorbic Acid. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492)

Usage:

SWIRL, TAP, BUFF® APPLICATION

SWIRL a small amount of Mineral Veil Finishing Powder in the lid until it all disappears into the brush.

TAP away excess.

BUFF onto the skin in sweeping motions.

Apply a quick sweep of the translucent finishing powder across the t-zone, around the cheeks or all over the face-wherever you need Mineral Veil to gently lock makeup in place, absorb excess oil, and help keep you looking fresh and flawless.

FOR OIL CONTROL

For use on oilier complexions, in humid climates, or with heavy moisturizers, start your makeup routine with an application of Mineral Veil before applying bareMinerals foundation or face makeup, then apply again as a last step to set your makeup.

• Who else uses Bare Minerals everyday! 20 Answers
  • Is this good to wear over the mineral foundation?3 Answers
  • What do you think about mineral powders that suit any typ...2 Answers
Tiffany V.
Chico
I started using bareMinerals over 10 years ago maybe even 15 years ago and I loved them then, the only thing was that I was using it as my only foundation products so I didn't feel it gave me enough coverage, but I did love the way that it made my skin look for a powder. I have the finishing Veil and a all over face color\ bronzer type of product from them and I do like the powders I think that they do leave a pretty nice look to the skin and they are some powders that I can actually get away with wearing without looking too powdery but they still do make me look somewhat powdery in some areas so I'm still on the hunt for that perfect powder that doesn't give me a powder look. Overall I do think that Bare Minerals make some of the best face powders that I've used and if you don't have dry skin or even if you do and you can make Powers work for you I think that these powders from bare minerals are really great and you can also find them for really inexpensive prices at stores like TJ Maxx and Marshalls so if you can find them there or on sale then I definitely think that they're worth it and I would recommend them.
Heather N.
JONESBORO, LA
I have been using bare minerals for about 3 years now.

I LOVE this set. It's great for travel! So compact but complete with everything you need for day and evening looks. I do feel it's toward the more expensive end for the amount of product you get and if I use it 4-5 times a week this set is gone in 2-3 weeks, a month at the most. So, unless you want the small containers, it is more reasonably priced in full-size products!
GREAT for my sensitive skin. I can wear it daily without fear of breakouts from too much makeup use.

Works and looks so flawless & SMOOTH! I'm in my late 30s and my "fine lines" are starting to show more & more! So, I have to be careful with what products I use to not show my age 😂. This makeup does not settle in lines. This makeup looks flawless if put on properly. It even skin tones and hides blemishes Very, Very well without feeling heavy. I always get compliments on how my skin looks when I use my bare minerals. This makeup does not get on your clothes or phone like liquid makeup does. It lasts most the day too without need to touch up. I do have to touch up if going out after work for the evening for dinner but not somewhere casual.

I use the primer, concealers, the foundation, the finishing powder, highlighter, and bronzer for starters & little bit goes a LONG way! Do not use directly from the container. Shake some in the lid as recommended! Definitely look at the instructions for each product to get the most out of them. I also use blushes and lip products.

HANDS DOWN the BEST PRIMER! It feels like velvet going on. It is light and airy but leaves a smooth surface to start your makeup applications. It is my MOST FAVORITE primer! Too, it takes so little product the tube lasts forever!

Surprisingly, the concealer is the GREAT for covering up dark circles under my eyes!!!

The blushes blend evenly and like the eye shadows stay on all day.
Kathleen T.
Temple, GA
Review for: Hydrating more...
I love the original mineral veil, and since I have dry skin I thought the hydrating mineral veil would be awesome. In the package it has a slight gold tint and is shimmery, but it goes on translucent and doesn't make your face look glittery. Even though my skin is dry, whenever I wear makeup, regardless of what kind, brand or ingredients, my t-zone gets oily after a few hours. This mineral veil made that problem worse. After 3 hours I need to blot my nose and forehead twice, which I do not have to do with the regular mineral veil. Overall, I do not think this version is any better than the original and I would not recommend it.
Stephanie G.
Stamford
Review for: Other more...
I got their deluxe size that they sold around the holidays for a bargain deal so I thought this would be great since I’m a setting powder junkie. First off, this isn’t translucent. It has a red tint that does slightly alter your foundation to make it look like a cooler undertone. Second, when I would spray it with my all nighter from Urban Decay, it would feel SO SOFT at first but then after five minutes, it would pill off meaning that if I touched my face lightly, I could full little balls of powder coming off with my foundation. I used MAC Fix+ the next day and found that the polling didn’t start until 30 mins after. I do not recommend. If you’re looking for a high end powder, Hourglass is for the win.
Vanessa G.
Phoenix
Man I have been using bare minerals since I was a little girl! My mother has always used bare minerals, and I remember having my first setting powder! Leftover from my mom lol it didn't even have any powder in it. But I loved pretending to put it on and be just like my mom. Now as an adult I buy this, and it gives me all those beautiful feelings again, and I can truly appreciate it now. It's very translucent powder gives a fine finish, I love carrying it in my purse as it is does have spf35 i believe. Some powders make me look ghostly but this one does not. I will always buy this as my setting powder. Certain brands I STAY loyal to; bare minerals, urban decay, and the newest, fenty beauty!!!
Taylor K.
Brooklyn
Review for: Hydrating more...
I love this bareMinerals Mineral Veil Finishing Powder! I use this powder right after I finish my make up. I mainly apply it under my eyes to seal my concealer to avoid creasing. I don't wear foundation because I don't like the feel but I will dust this powder on my face anyway to give myself a natural, smooth finish. I love this powder because it is light and hydrating so it doesn't stick to dry skin patches but rather helps them!  This powder has a shimmery finish which gives me a nice glow. People always compliment my skin when I am wearing it! The only thing is, there is flash back especially under the eyes if being used to set concealer.
Bethany C.
Review for: Mineral, Original more...
i freaking live for this powder! Its sooo good ive been using it since it first came out ( a little exaggerated lol) this is the most underrated powder especially since all those other higher end powders are what everyone talks about especially the laura mercier powder ( no shade to them) but i feel like people only use it bc alot of the celebrities and high influencers use it but theres other good products like this bare minerals powder and no one talks about it!! its freaking amazing!!! much love to bare minerals
PLUSES: HAS NO FLASHBACK, NOT CAKEY, PERFECT FOR ANY SKIN TONE, LITERALLY JUST FEELS AMAZING AND LOOKS AMAZING.
Michelle L.
Review for: Original more...
I bought this while it was on sale at Ulta last year and it was an alright powder. Even though it's labeled as translucent, the powder looks like it has a pinky undertone to it and it doesn't look totally translucent to me. It's a decent setting powder, but I have noticed that this doesn't smooth out my undereyes as well as other powders I've tried and I can still see the fine lines around my undereyes. There is also definitely some flashback with this powder and I had to find that out the hard way. It's an alright powder, but not one I find myself reaching for. I have other, more affordable powders that work better for me.
Sidney R.
So, I used to do a lot of full face makeovers for clients with almost all of the B.E. minerals. Personally, my skin was too dry for the products, regardless of whether it was the loose foundation, mineral veil, or loose radiants. Not only that, I never felt like it was enough coverage for my skin. But I can say this, it worked wonders for many people of many different skin types & skin colors. Especially people with pale complexions, rosacea/redness, or any skin concerns/sensitivities. The most common complaints I've heard or had with the loose minerals mainly with the loose minerals being super messy, which can be especially discouraging when there was an accidental spill, such as dropping the container whether the lid was on or off, because 1 way or another, there would end up being a huge cloud of minerals wafting, plus it was always sad to see so much product wasted if it was dropped when the lid was off. But, on the upside, the product itself does work well & many people consider the mineral veil their secret weapon or perfect finishing touch to their makeup routine, which is why it's been a top seller in the makeup industry for over a decade. Plus, you can't go wrong with all natural minerals in a cosmetic product.
Meaghan C.
Massapequa, NY
Review for: Original more...
I've been using bareMinerals in various ways for at least 10 years now, and I keep coming back to the Mineral Veil.  I love me a good loose translucent powder to set my makeup (foundation or tinted moisturizer) and this definitely does the job without looking at ALL like I've put a powder on my face.

Only 4 stars because I'm trying to be more cognizant of the origins of my products and I'm not sure that the bareMinerals brand is the most ethical or sustainably made brand, but in terms of doing it's job, this is a great product.
aubrey b.
Who else uses Bare Minerals everyday!
Jannette D.
Pierre, SD
Has anyone found a place that sells this cheaper?
Katharine R.
Cape May, NJ
Does anyone have any good websites where I can order more of this product from?
Jennifer D.
Hager hill, KY
Is this worth the money ?
Margaret C.
How well does this work?

back