BY BAREMINERALS #12 in Finishing & Translucent Powders

What it is:

Perfect your makeup look with Mineral Veil, now available in four shades and finishes, from matte to luminous. Versatile enough for all skin tones and skin types, the light-as-a-feather, super smooth formulas blend onto skin without smudging the makeup you're already wearing. Sheer and never cakey, Mineral Veil is a translucent setting powder made with natural ingredients that weightlessly blurs and minimizes the appearance of fine lines and pores, whether it is applied over makeup or onto beautifully bare skin.

Soft Matte Finish

With a soft matte finish, Original Mineral Veil is a transparent but hardworking finishing powder for all complexions. Minimizing lines, absorbing oils, and softening your look, it gives you an airbrushed finish that's too good to miss. And best of all, the loose mineral powder is utterly weightless.

Brightening and Blurring Luminous Finish

Completely sheer and versatile enough for all skin tones, Illuminating Mineral Veil provides a soft glow and keeps skin looking photo-ready with light-reflecting pearls that impart a radiant, ethereal softness.

Soft Matte Finish with a Hint of Warm Tint

With all of the soft translucence of the Original Mineral Veil, our Tinted Mineral Veil Finishing Powder features a hint of warm tint that infuses skin with softness and light while gently absorbing oil and minimizing the appearance of lines and pores. Completely sheer with a soft matte finish, it's versatile enough for all skin tones and works especially well as a translucent setting powder for dark and deep skin tones.

Hydrating, Brightening Finish with a Cooling Sensation

Our Hydrating Mineral Veil brightens skin with a sheer, peachy soft luminosity. The unique water and rice lipid encapsulated formula delivers an immediate brightening boost with a cool feeling. Clinically proven to improve skin's ability to retain moisture, the translucent finishing powder also minimizes the appearance of fine lines, pores and shine, and keeps your complexion feeling fresh. *

Ingredients: Silica, Aqua (Water/Eau), Silica Silylate, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Lipids, Populus Tremuloides Bark Extract, Lonicera Caprifolium (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Sodium Dehydoracetate, Lonicera Japonica (Honeysuckle) Flower Extract, Sorbic Acid. May Contain: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Bismuth Oxychloride (CI 77163), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492)

SWIRL a small amount of Mineral Veil Finishing Powder in the lid until it all disappears into the brush.

TAP away excess.

BUFF onto the skin in sweeping motions.

Apply a quick sweep of the translucent finishing powder across the t-zone, around the cheeks or all over the face-wherever you need Mineral Veil to gently lock makeup in place, absorb excess oil, and help keep you looking fresh and flawless.

For use on oilier complexions, in humid climates, or with heavy moisturizers, start your makeup routine with an application of Mineral Veil before applying bareMinerals foundation or face makeup, then apply again as a last step to set your makeup.

• Who else uses Bare Minerals everyday! 19 Answers
  • Is this good to wear over the mineral foundation?2 Answers
  • Which is better - mineral powder or loose powder?1 Answers
Heather N.
I have been using bare minerals for about 3 years now.

I LOVE this set. It's great for travel! So compact but complete with everything you need for day and evening looks. I do feel it's toward the more expensive end for the amount of product you get and if I use it 4-5 times a week this set is gone in 2-3 weeks, a month at the most. So, unless you want the small containers, it is more reasonably priced in full-size products!
GREAT for my sensitive skin. I can wear it daily without fear of breakouts from too much makeup use.

Works and looks so flawless & SMOOTH! I'm in my late 30s and my "fine lines" are starting to show more & more! So, I have to be careful with what products I use to not show my age 😂. This makeup does not settle in lines. This makeup looks flawless if put on properly. It even skin tones and hides blemishes Very, Very well without feeling heavy. I always get compliments on how my skin looks when I use my bare minerals. This makeup does not get on your clothes or phone like liquid makeup does. It lasts most the day too without need to touch up. I do have to touch up if going out after work for the evening for dinner but not somewhere casual.

I use the primer, concealers, the foundation, the finishing powder, highlighter, and bronzer for starters & little bit goes a LONG way! Do not use directly from the container. Shake some in the lid as recommended! Definitely look at the instructions for each product to get the most out of them. I also use blushes and lip products.

HANDS DOWN the BEST PRIMER! It feels like velvet going on. It is light and airy but leaves a smooth surface to start your makeup applications. It is my MOST FAVORITE primer! Too, it takes so little product the tube lasts forever!

Surprisingly, the concealer is the GREAT for covering up dark circles under my eyes!!!

The blushes blend evenly and like the eye shadows stay on all day.
Sidney R.
So, I used to do a lot of full face makeovers for clients with almost all of the B.E. minerals. Personally, my skin was too dry for the products, regardless of whether it was the loose foundation, mineral veil, or loose radiants. Not only that, I never felt like it was enough coverage for my skin. But I can say this, it worked wonders for many people of many different skin types & skin colors. Especially people with pale complexions, rosacea/redness, or any skin concerns/sensitivities. The most common complaints I've heard or had with the loose minerals mainly with the loose minerals being super messy, which can be especially discouraging when there was an accidental spill, such as dropping the container whether the lid was on or off, because 1 way or another, there would end up being a huge cloud of minerals wafting, plus it was always sad to see so much product wasted if it was dropped when the lid was off. But, on the upside, the product itself does work well & many people consider the mineral veil their secret weapon or perfect finishing touch to their makeup routine, which is why it's been a top seller in the makeup industry for over a decade. Plus, you can't go wrong with all natural minerals in a cosmetic product.
Shasha S.
I loveeee this product.
Its long lasting and finshing is amazing.
I love this top most brand.
This is one of my favorites brands and with reasonable price.
It gives soft texture on skin.
I would definitely recommend this product and brand too.
Its better to search for offers before buying.
Have different shades of color for different skin tones.
I like to visit above stores only to buy this and find offers.
It gives fantastic look for party and for simple makeup also.
It would be too nice if there are some small samples to try before we buy.
Shade is just awesome on my skin and hope for others too.
It has matte texture.
I would definitely buy More n more n more...
I love trying new products and samples tooooooo.
Its bestiest best product I have ever used...
Kristina B.
Olathe, KS
Review for: Escentuals Original Spf 25 New more...
I use to absolutely love this entire line. I told everyone about what a miracle it was. Now that I’ve hit 30 it just isn’t the same on me. I still love their eye primer, and I started using the compact powder which is amazing. Unfortunately where this use to give me that gorgeous natural flawless baby skin finish, now it just clings to everything. Clings to wrinkles. Clings to dry spots. Clings to every single bit of peach fuzz, which I didn’t even realize was so abundant before now... It’s hard to let go of an old favorite, but in this case I’m just not able to make it work anymore. So if you’re young and fresh, you will probably adore this. If you are an adult with adult skin, maybe try something else instead...
Brittany M.
Brewerton, NY
Review for: Illuminating more...
I have mixed feelings about this product it does have sparkles in it but if you have dry skin it’s going to emphasis it. It doesn’t work well in my experience with liquid foundation but I’m going to keep trying. And with my Revlon concealer  it kind of cakes up in my fine lines I’m not sure if it’s the concealer or this powder because it works well with the Bare Minerals foundation it doesn’t work well with dryness. This is just my experience with this product it might be different for you
Stacey G.
I was previously using a Tarte product to set my concealer and liquid foundation but received a sample of this in my Sephora play box. I loved it so much I went and bought the biggest size they sell it in! It doesn’t leave even a hint of a white cast and leaves my makeup looking FLAWLESS and skin smooth as ever. It last all day and is an overall great product. I also have tried the RCMA powder the beauty bloggers are crazy about and while that’s much more economical, the product doesn’t compare. I love this product and it’s inspired me to try other bare minerals products!
Veronika T.
Windsor Hills, CA
Review for: Original more...
This is my favorite brand of cosmetics. I have weird skin, sometimes it's hardy as a pioneer and some days you look at it wrong and it will break out. Whatever my skin is doing, I can put on the Bare Mineral foundation, and it feels light and airy on my skin and hides all my imperfections and makes me look like I have great skin. I can wear it all day and have even SLEPT in this foundation, and I get up the next day and wash my face and my face feels better than when I put the makeup on. The coverage is wonderful and it's just a great product.
Samantha J.
Honolulu, HI
Review for: Original more...
I originally tried this in a set with powder and something else (that I can’t remember). I didn’t repurchase this product, and honestly didn’t even finish the first one the whole way before I bought a different brand. I do like that it didn’t break me out, because it’s a product with more natural ingredients compared to others. On the downside, it didn’t give me as much coverage as other brands, and my face got shiny within a few hours of the first application. I’m not a huge fan of constantly reapplying something throughout the day
Brianna V.
Milton, FL
I always use this with the bare minerals original foundation just because I always have and it’s what they suggest. However I’ve worn the foundation without it and don’t notice a huge difference. I don’t know that it actually helps set your makeup. It’s my understanding it is more meant to act as a smoothing veil/sheen over the skin rather than help
Makeup set and stay on. I don’t think it’s necessary but it helps when you want to buff out your makeup and blend together concealer, foundation and blush so it looks natural.
Nandi W.
Review for: Tinted more...
It’s not a lot of product, but it does the job. You can use this product if you have oily skin and or dry skin. If you have oily skin, do not apply water to your sponge. If you have dry skin, apply water and use it conservatively. It last all day. Please do not expect it to last long if you have oily skin and you use inexpensive creamy products. Works well on brown skin. It’s for people seeking a natural look.
aubrey b.
Who else uses Bare Minerals everyday!
Jannette D.
Pierre, SD
Has anyone found a place that sells this cheaper?
Katharine R.
Cape May, NJ
Does anyone have any good websites where I can order more of this product from?
Jennifer D.
Newport, TN
Is this worth the money ?
Kyla M.
Why does this makeup make me really oily I don't think I'm usually an oily person