BY BAREMINERALS #14 in Finishing & Translucent Powders

Our pair of translucent bareMinerals work together to brighten and give the look of a lift to areas of your face. bareMinerals Natural Light is for anyone who ever thought it wasn't possible to look great in every kind of light.  Our 100% pure bareMinerals Natural Light serves as a guiding light to brighten and lift areas of your face.  The lighter bareMinerals Well-Lit shade diffuses shadows around the nose folds, lip corners, below the bottom lip and lower half of the cheek, while bareMinerals Back-Lit lifts your eye area above the brows, inner and outer corners of the eyes and on the high plane of the cheek bones. Warmer Back-Lit gives a lift effect above brows, on inner and outer eye corners, and cheekbones. Lighter Well-Lit tone diffuses shadows in nose folds, lip corners and the lower cheek. Free of preservatives, talc, oils, waxes, binders, fillers and fragrance

• Who else uses Bare Minerals everyday! 19 Answers
  • does this work well on oily skin? and does it accentuate acne an...2 Answers
  • This one or the Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder ?2 Answers
Jessie H.
Centerville, OH
I have this one in a brightening pink tone shade that came in a kit I bought about 3 years ago. I don't use it as frequently as the original mineral veil bc it just doesn't go with my day to day makeup looks. However, on special occasions, holidays, weddings, or when I just want to go full on glam I use this as a setting powder under my eyes, down my nose, and on the Cupid's bow to set my concealer and add extra brightening to those areas. It is the small size one bc it came in a set (same size as my extreme glitters eye pigments from bare minerals) but I'm fine with that bc after 3 years of occasional use its still 3/4th's full and no signs of expiration that would make me throw it out. Only con I have is that it does have some shimmer to it and can be a little to pink on my skin tone sometimes.
Laura H.
I liked this when I first started wearing makeup in high school, but realized later on that mineral powder makeup did not look very good on my skin. At the time it felt like a nice light coverage, but I did have acne breakouts in high school which I feel did not look good with mineral powders or any type of foundation. Now that I'm in my mid twenties, I no longer have acne and prefer to use water based liquid foundations rather than powder foundations. Or maybe I just have a bad memory associated with powder foundations and acne that I don't like to use them anymore, but this product was just okay for me. It is good for oily people as powder works well with oily skin types. Maybe I'll try this again in the future but not any time soon.
Sirena L.
West Covina, CA
I really like this finishing powder. Although I think people get confused with this and the actually mineral foundation. This is a finishing powder, same as Laura Mercier, Kat Von Dee, RCMA, or the Ben Nye banana powder. I've used all of these except the RCMA and LM ones. So far this is my favorite. It's so low key, nobody talks about this and they should!! There is no talc in this product. The only finishing powder in Sephora without talc. For the first time I finally can see and understand when people say "it melted into my makeup" or it "gave me a blurred appearance". I definitely recommend this powder!!
Stephanie C.
Smithville, TX
I did not like this powder. I started using it in my early 20's and got a sample of it recently with a sephora order. I tried it again as a setting powder and gave me cake face. I'm pretty sure that this is what caused it because it was the only thing I changed in my makeup routine that day. I'm in my 30's now so I know that has something to do with it, but it may be one of those products that has to be used in conjunction with the other products in that specific line. It didn't work on my aging skin and I didn't like that it wouldn't play nice with my other makeup.
Ali G.
East Northport, NY
Review for: Original
I have been using this since I was in middle school and it is one of my favorite beauty products of all time. Whether you use it alone or with the Bare Minerals Mineral Foundation it will always give you that flawless finish. It has such a natural finish and never looks cakey or like you have too much makeup on. It helps your makeup last all day too!
I actually love using this when I go to the beach. I hate wearing makeup if I'm going to go swimming but if I want a little bit of coverage or color I put a little of this on and I'm ready to go.
Corrine B.
This powder works smashingly as a setting powder after your foundation or as your overall foundation on days you want light coverage. It can be used with any skin tone, though I have fair skin and found it perfect for me. The powder absorbs oils in your skin and minimizes the appearance of fine lines. Basically, this will provide a very smooth finish to your skin and will prolong the daily wear of your makeup.

The best part is it protects your skin with spf 25 and has no preservatives, waxes, talc or binders like other less quality products.
Nichole M.
Renton, WA
Review for: Hydrating
I use this powder as a setting powder most of the time. When I tried it on in the store it seemed like I could feel a cooling layer of powder and it felt hydrating. At home, I don't really get that feeling. It works well as a setting powder. It's very fine and seems like there's more fallout than some of the other bareMinerals loose powders, but I just use my brush more delicately to compensate for that. I may try another powder when I'm done with this one, just because this didn't feel hydrating.
Sarah G.
I use this with my Bare Minerals Original Foundation. It's a really nice finishing powder with a very natural finish. I quite like it in the winter but find that it doesn't work well with my oily skin during the warmer months (living in the South that's most of them!) I end up looking and feeling very shiny and oily by the end of the day. I would definitely recommend this to someone with semi dry skin as a great staple but if you have oily skin like me I'd suggest getting a sample to try first.
Viviane S.
IRVINE, CA
Review for: Original
This Mineral Veil has become an essential part of my makeup routine when I'm seeking that perfect smooth skin look. I would use it every day if it came in a larger container but because it doesn't, I only use it when I'm going out to a daytime or night time event. I usually brush it on in circular motion over my Bare Essential powdered makeup. It leaves a nice clean finish to my face and lasts a fairly long time. I would recommend it to those interested in this type of result.
Elly T.
Review for: Original
I got this product in a little sample size. I used it mainly to set my concealer & T-zone. I'm not really a fan of loose powder, just because I feel like there's a lot more waste & I'm very clumsy, so I did spill this a few times. Don't get me wrong. I loved the product, especially since it didn't have any color it didn't make my makeup look cakey or anything like that. It blended seamlessly into my skin. I was a afraid it wouldn't since I am on the tanner side.
aubrey b.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Who else uses Bare Minerals everyday!
Jannette D.
Pierre, SD
Beauty Junkie Expert
Has anyone found a place that sells this cheaper?
Katharine R.
Cape May, NJ
Does anyone have any good websites where I can order more of this product from?
Jennifer D.
Newport, TN
Is this worth the money ?
Kyla M.
Lafayette
Why does this makeup make me really oily I don't think I'm usually an oily person