6 colors available

BY BAREMINERALS #22 in Finishing & Translucent Powders

Our pair of translucent bareMinerals work together to brighten and give the look of a lift to areas of your face. bareMinerals Natural Light is for anyone who ever thought it wasn't possible to look great in every kind of light.  Our 100% pure bareMinerals Natural Light serves as a guiding light to brighten and lift areas of your face.  The lighter bareMinerals Well-Lit shade diffuses shadows around the nose folds, lip corners, below the bottom lip and lower half of the cheek, while bareMinerals Back-Lit lifts your eye area above the brows, inner and outer corners of the eyes and on the high plane of the cheek bones. Warmer Back-Lit gives a lift effect above brows, on inner and outer eye corners, and cheekbones. Lighter Well-Lit tone diffuses shadows in nose folds, lip corners and the lower cheek. Free of preservatives, talc, oils, waxes, binders, fillers and fragrance

• Who else uses Bare Minerals everyday! 19 Answers
  • does this work well on oily skin? and does it accentuate acne and ...2 Answers
  • This one or the Laura Mercier Translucent Loose Setting Powder ?1 Answers
Shelly W.
Shelly W.
San Jose, CA
Review for: Spf 25
This product is used to set your foundation and soak up excess oil. It is transparen't and doesn’t add any more coverage or color to your face. I felt that this product did a great job with keeping my face matte throughout the day but you definitely need your touch-ups if you’re as oily as I am.

The ingredients include: Zea Mays (Corn Starch), Corn Starch Modified, Zinc Stearate, Magnesium Stearate, Iron Oxides

I have heard that zea mays can also cause irrituation for certain people, but it is the main ingredient for a lot of other veils and finishing powders that I have seen. I would give this a try first before blowing a lot of money on it, to make sure you aren’t the one-in-a-million that is irritated. I sold this to someone else already, since my impression of Bare Escentuals was terrible and I just didn’t feel like using it anymore. I’ve resorted to just using my trusty blotting sheets to deal with any oiliness.
Jessie H.
Jessie H.
Centerville, OH
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have this one in a brightening pink tone shade that came in a kit I bought about 3 years ago. I don't use it as frequently as the original mineral veil bc it just doesn't go with my day to day makeup looks. However, on special occasions, holidays, weddings, or when I just want to go full on glam I use this as a setting powder under my eyes, down my nose, and on the Cupid's bow to set my concealer and add extra brightening to those areas. It is the small size one bc it came in a set (same size as my extreme glitters eye pigments from bare minerals) but I'm fine with that bc after 3 years of occasional use its still 3/4th's full and no signs of expiration that would make me throw it out. Only con I have is that it does have some shimmer to it and can be a little to pink on my skin tone sometimes.
Laura H.
Laura H.
I liked this when I first started wearing makeup in high school, but realized later on that mineral powder makeup did not look very good on my skin. At the time it felt like a nice light coverage, but I did have acne breakouts in high school which I feel did not look good with mineral powders or any type of foundation. Now that I'm in my mid twenties, I no longer have acne and prefer to use water based liquid foundations rather than powder foundations. Or maybe I just have a bad memory associated with powder foundations and acne that I don't like to use them anymore, but this product was just okay for me. It is good for oily people as powder works well with oily skin types. Maybe I'll try this again in the future but not any time soon.
Sirena L.
Sirena L.
West Covina, CA
I really like this finishing powder. Although I think people get confused with this and the actually mineral foundation. This is a finishing powder, same as Laura Mercier, Kat Von Dee, RCMA, or the Ben Nye banana powder. I've used all of these except the RCMA and LM ones. So far this is my favorite. It's so low key, nobody talks about this and they should!! There is no talc in this product. The only finishing powder in Sephora without talc. For the first time I finally can see and understand when people say "it melted into my makeup" or it "gave me a blurred appearance". I definitely recommend this powder!!
Ashley W.
Ashley W.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I LOVE this powder!!! It makes my make-up look air brushed after application no matter what foundation I have underneath it! All while not making my make-up look too powdery! I have even started to use it a little bit underneath my eyes for baking and to set my undereye concealer. I purchased the one I just finished using myself, but I already have a back up that my aunt purchased for me as a birthday gift! Also, if you get to the bottom of the product the bottom comes off the jar so you can use the last bit that is hard to get to! Highly recommend! I have normal, acne prone skin as well for reference! 😊
Aubrey M.
Aubrey M.
seneca, sc
I have been using this setting powder for years. It is very light weight & I can use the same product in the winter when I am paler or in the summer when I have a slight tan. I was sold on it b cause it has so odor or fragrance & is all natural, but mostly because it contains SPF of at least 15 value. I don't mind paying $25 for this because I use every bit of it. Here's a tip: once you get to the point you can't shake any out, use a pair of old tweezers & pop the top off. Then when you can't get any more out from the top, but the lid in & pop the bottom off. You don't want to waste a bit of this stuff!
Stephanie C.
Stephanie C.
Smithville, TX
I did not like this powder. I started using it in my early 20's and got a sample of it recently with a sephora order. I tried it again as a setting powder and gave me cake face. I'm pretty sure that this is what caused it because it was the only thing I changed in my makeup routine that day. I'm in my 30's now so I know that has something to do with it, but it may be one of those products that has to be used in conjunction with the other products in that specific line. It didn't work on my aging skin and I didn't like that it wouldn't play nice with my other makeup.
Ali G.
Ali G.
East Northport, NY
Review for: Original
I have been using this since I was in middle school and it is one of my favorite beauty products of all time. Whether you use it alone or with the Bare Minerals Mineral Foundation it will always give you that flawless finish. It has such a natural finish and never looks cakey or like you have too much makeup on. It helps your makeup last all day too!
I actually love using this when I go to the beach. I hate wearing makeup if I'm going to go swimming but if I want a little bit of coverage or color I put a little of this on and I'm ready to go.
Corrine B.
Corrine B.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This powder works smashingly as a setting powder after your foundation or as your overall foundation on days you want light coverage. It can be used with any skin tone, though I have fair skin and found it perfect for me. The powder absorbs oils in your skin and minimizes the appearance of fine lines. Basically, this will provide a very smooth finish to your skin and will prolong the daily wear of your makeup.

The best part is it protects your skin with spf 25 and has no preservatives, waxes, talc or binders like other less quality products.
Sarah M.
Sarah M.
Yacolt, WA
Review for: Natural Light Back Light
I got this as a sample and loved it, never thinking I wanted to mess with this type of product..using it I found that this didn't settle in line, more at my upper lip area, giving me a smooth look , I saw a different in my face from the start so I purchased this size..I still love it, however not sure why but doesn't always give me the same effect with each use..could it be I use to much from time to time, which would also give me the look of powered..still playing before knowing this will be a must for my beauty bag.

aubrey b.
aubrey b.
Salem, VA
Who else uses Bare Minerals everyday!
Jannette D.
Jannette D.
Pierre, SD
Beauty Junkie Expert
Has anyone found a place that sells this cheaper?
Katharine R.
Katharine R.
Cape May, NJ
Does anyone have any good websites where I can order more of this product from?
Jennifer D.
Jennifer D.
Newport, TN
Is this worth the money ?
Kyla M.
Kyla M.
Lafayette
Why does this makeup make me really oily I don't think I'm usually an oily person