BY BAREMINERALS #9 in Powder Foundation

Clinically proven to minimize the appearance of pores. Our loose mineral foundation gives you all the flawless coverage you want with a natural matte finish and no-makeup look and feel that lasts up to eight hours. The lightweight minerals absorb excess oil without drying out your skin.

Formulated without parabens, binders, fillers, or synthetic chemicals.

• Hi everyone! Who is familiar with Bare Minerals? I'm so sick of t...3 Answers
  • is this good to make baking?3 Answers
  • How is the coverage of this foundation? Does it work just as well...16 Answers
bareMinerals MATTE Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15
  • "It gave me great coverage that lasts just as long as liquid foundations, and it's better for your skin." in 11 reviews
  • "As a woman who deals with oily skin, the matte option is wonderful because it delays getting shiny skin more than other make up." in 11 reviews
  • "This foundation is so light it doesn't feel like you are wearing anything however it still gives full coverage." in 8 reviews
  • "The shade range doesn't go dark enough to serve the entire population, but if they have a shade that matches your skin tone, I would definitely recommend giving bareMinerals a try." in 7 reviews
  • "It's very light and easy to apply, the color is matched to my skin tone so it blends perfectly." in 6 reviews
Terrian B.
Indianapolis, IN
Review for: Golden Dark
I have used bareMinerals since I started wearing makeup over 10 years ago. I usually buy it at Sephora or at Ulta. This product is pretty standard and reliable for a reason. It is easy to use a kabuki or powder brush with this foundation. I think that the matte foundation works the way it is intended for a flawless matte look that isn't dry. The only difference I noticed in the matte foundation is that the Golden Dark shade is a little bit redder so I typically only use this foundation formula in the summer months when it compliments my skin more. I also wish that using this product would be a bit less messy and I do like that they have added the option to close the sifter. I think that bareMinerals is longlasting and well stay on well past an 8 hour work day. It works well with different types of primer although I typically use a silicone based primer. To be honest I used to never use a setting spray with this and I don't think you really need it. I have loved this product since it was released and I'll continue to buy it as long as it exists.
Haley W.
Wake Forest, NC
Review for: Fairly Light
I have used BareMinerals powder foundation my entire life because it is so natural and safe for skin. I have acne prone skin, and all other foundations irritate or break out my skin. I have only recently switched from this foundation to the barepro liquid because I wasn't getting coverage all day. I usually like a more natural to medium coverage. This is build-able so you can get more full coverage, but it will take a lot of time and product. It also is only about an 8 hour makeup, but by the early afternoon, my my face would be so oily it would al be melted off. It is a great foundation, but isn't the best if you learn towards oily and won't give you coverage for a full day.
Candyce G.
Punta Gorda , FL
Review for: Other
Bare minerals is the first brand of powdered makeup I’ve ever tried that hasn’t let me down! It is so natural looking and feels good at the same time as working as full coverage foundation! I love the matte look and the way this just makes me look like i have nothing on! Smells good and lasts all day long and has spf! What could be better!! Super pleased!
Samantha S.
Bourbonnais, IL
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is the only foundation that doesn't break me out! At first it looks powdery but by the time you're done with your makeup it has set to look like skin, it really is my favorite foundation. The only issue is I cannot layer concealer on top or under so I only use when I'm having really good skin days and I need to wear makeup.
Claudia V.
Sn Bernardino , CA
Review for: Medium Tan
I love this product. I have been using it for 7 years. It doesn't brake me out and I can control how heavy I want my make up. If I want a natural look I don't put on as much. I love how it blends with your natural oils. And if you are having a dry skin week you can just add a little more moisturizer with your routine
Candice R.
Review for: Fairly Medium
If you're into foundation powder than this one I'd a really great choice. I personally feel I look too powdery with them on but the Bare Minerals is definitely the best I've ever tried. It will even put your skin tone and give you a nice medium coverage. Plus it's super easy (and much faster) to apply and you can easily touch up on the go. I also think, if you use a very light hand, it's good for setting liquid foundation (just be careful, you can get really cakey). bareMinerals MATTE Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15
Shannon O.
St. Louis
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love love love love love this foundation powder! It matches my skin perfectly and is so light, I feel like I don’t even have makeup on! I will never change foundations again! I brought this a year ago for the first time and have only had to purchase one other one since then. Long lasting and AMAZING!
Julia K.
Roxbury Xing, MA
Review for: Fairly Light
The coverage is okay, but I have pretty severe acne and scarring so this didn't really do it for me. I don't like the way that concealer looks over this, but I felt like it got buffed away if I went over my spot concealer with this powder. It also didn't really do much to stop me from being oily, although nothing does. I thought it oxidized a lot and would make me look orangey. That all being said, I liked that it felt light and didn't clog my pores, and my dermatologist actually recommended I use this. I would love to try it out again, especially when my skin is behaving.
Kayla C.
Review for: Medium Beige
I used bare minerals for years and was so excited to get the matte foundation. I love everything matte; matte eyeshadows, matte blush, matte bronzer. But I hated the consistency of this foundation. I couldn't finish it. It didn't have a good texture and made my skin feel very dry. I feel that their foundation has to have a bit of something to it for it not to be flat. The matte foundation was cakey and powdery, even when I set it with Fix +. I wouldn't repurchase. If you're in the market for bare minerals, get the original foundation. There's a reason everyone likes it so much.
Alexandra S.
Saint Louis, MO
Review for: Medium Beige
I used to use this foundation all of the time, however now that I have more wrinkles on my face, I tend to not use it anymore. I feel like the mineral powder makes my wrinkles stand out. I would rather use a liquid foundation. If you have smooth skin, I recommend this product for you.
Pragya G.
Beauty Junkie Expert
How is the coverage of this foundation? Does it work just as well as the liquid ones?
Jessica F.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does anyone else have issues with this getting very cakey? I've used it on and off through the years because it does have good coverage, but I always notice that about 3/4 hours after application it looks so cakey and you can see all the lines in my face
Alisia E.
Beauty Junkie Expert
How is the coverage on this? I have bad acne & redness on a very pale face.
Ashley P.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Does it really help with sun protectant?
Brianna H.
Roseville, MI
I have very difficult skin. It is oily but also dry from the use of acne lotion. Does this product exaggerate dry skin like a lot of powders do?