Add a Photo

By BAREMINERALS
#6 in Powder Foundation

Clinically proven to minimize the appearance of pores. Our loose mineral foundation gives you all the flawless coverage you want with a natural matte finish and no-makeup look and feel that lasts up to eight hours. The lightweight minerals absorb excess oil without drying out your skin.

Formulated without parabens, binders, fillers, or synthetic chemicals.

Reviews (1961)
Photos (70)
Katherine K.
Katherine K.
Brooklyn, NY

I'm a long time user of this foundation. I skin has always been on the oily side, so this powder option has had me hooked for almost ten years. I opted for the Matte version since I was never a big fan of the slight "sparkle" the original powder gave off.
It takes a bit of trickery to get used to applying a nice even layer... and VERY IMPORTANT that you have a good brush. But once you get the hang of it, it's a miracle... Stays flawless all day.
I use the Buff and Go Brush, and here's why:
It can pick up a good amount of powder and evenly distributes with good all over coverage
tip for application:
1. turn the powder over with the cap on and tap the bottom(now facing up) once or twice firmly
now you have powder in the cap
2.with a good amount of powder now in the cap, swirl your brush around in it a bit to evenly distribute
3. then "bounce" the brush a few times in the cap to loosen heavier spots and get a bit more up in the brush (just lightly tap the brush straight up and down on the cap)
This should give you a nice even amount of powder to apply...
Repeat as needed per section...

For heavier/spot application(especially for concealing dark circles or blemishes):
I pull up the little brush guard to make the brush more compact and blunt. This allows for a higher concentration of powder to be applied. Use the same technique to effectively blend out the borders of your now corrected problem areas.
Elizabeth P.
Elizabeth P.
Land O Lakes, FL

I have used this product since becoming in pregnant in 2013. It changed my skin completely.

It gives a flawless natural look, but has buildable coverage if needed.

I recommend using a beauty blender and dabbing it on and then blending with and all over face brush for fuller coverage.

The only issue I've had is even with closing the slide over the holes and screwing the top on it always seems to get messy in my makeup bag. I typically don't travel with this because of that reason.

The price is perfect and you get plenty for product. You can remove the bottom of the jar and get to the last bit of powder too so you can literally use this product until it is 100% gone.

I would recommend this to anyone looking for a natural finish. I also recommend using a pore minimizing primer with it if you have larger pores if you're using this with the beauty blender because it will make you're pores more noticeable with full coverage.

I personally do not use the mineral veil with this.....
Nora M.
Nora M.

The foundation left a lot to be desired. Even though I ordered (what was purportedly) the correct shade for my skin tone (fair/rosy) the product was olive-tone. In spite of the fact I thoroughly read all the directions for application, the product did not live up to its promise. "Bare Minimal" would be a better name, as it barely gave coverage. When there was coverage, it looked terrible and became caked up during the course of the day. Although it claims to be "fragrance-free", there is a faint but ugly metallic odor which gradually became more bothersome as the day wore on -- even though the foundation wore off ! The foundation was useless. The Mineral Veil was OK, but I ended up switching back to my previous brand of foundation and using the Mineral Veil as a finishing powder over that. The stars are actually for the accompanying brushes, which were of excellent quality & they're usable with other brands of makeup.
Kelsey M.
Kelsey M.
Willowick, OH

The products are nothing to write to the books about. However, their customer service at theirs stores are the absolute worst. They made me wait for an HOUR before helping me and my friend and we were the only ones in the store. After multiple complaints they finally helped me. I was just looking to restock but the color i and was my color anymore after summer. So they "tried" to color match me and only used my cheek. They claimed they found my color and when i left, my friend noticed that part of my face was yellow... They gave no efforts to help me after i spent so much money and was a loyal customer. I even recommended bare minerals to all my friends. I left the store, went to Sephora and they washed MY WHOLE FACE and color me matched me on my WHOLE FACE and since then i haven't been back to a bare minerals store.
Benita  K.
Benita K.

I had this product for about 2 year now and I don't have much to complain about it. It gives a good coverage and does what is should as a loose powder foundation. Only thing you should keep in mind is that if you have very sensitive/acne prone skin and very dry skin, you may want to test this product out before purchasing it. Like any loose powder and especially for this one being matte, if is going to "dry" your skin out. You need to make sure your skin is well moisturized before applying this and also I don't know if its just me, but I feel like loose powder is not the best choice for super sensitive/acne skins. If you have a lot of pores, the fine partials from the powder is going to get into them and may cause a breakout. I have sensitive skin too so only use is when my skin condition is good and very lightly.
Lauren K.
Lauren K.
Westerville, OH

I have been using this powder for quite a few years now and absolutely love it!! It is so long lasting and I don't feel like it is streaming off when I sweat! It also doesn't feel like I have anything on at all it is super light weight! The jar itself is awesome as there is a turning mechanism you can use to close your powder so it doesn't escape out when it is in your bag and become wasted. You just turn it open when you want to use it! I feel like it saved a lot of powder from escaping when I went to open the container! It is reasonably priced and lasts for quite some time! I also love that it has SPF in it as well. Comes in many different shades so you should be able to find one to complement your skin tone with ease. I highly recommend this product to anyone looking for a good powder foundation.
Jessica A.
Jessica A.
Knoxville

I had heard bad a good things about this product before finally trying it. I am a liquid foundation user so this was new to me. I didn't get the full coverage brush, I got the flat brush. That was my mistake. It takes about six or more times dipping into a little amount of powder and buffing it into my face. I also have to use a concealer. I have oily skin and get break outs often so I need full coverage makeup. I think if I bought the brush that is for fuller coverage I wouldn't have to apply so many times. I think this foundation is more for people with clear skin that just needs an extra brightness to their face. For me it is to time consuming. I will use it in the summer time when I need less coverage.
Aesha g.
Aesha g.
Richmond, VA

Still my FAVORITE powder foundation. I use it during the day when I just need light coverage and minor perfections. It is SUPER blendable and not very powdery at all. It feels like nothin on the face. If you have dry patches, I would recommend moisturizing and priming those areas especially before using this foundation because sometimes it does grab onto those patches. Or you can try the original formula which gives you a little more luminosity which makes it a little more forgiving. It is great for young girls just starting. Also to add that extra coverage when using liquid foundation. It also doesnt really tint hair, so that makes it a great option for men since it wont cake their beards.
Elizabeth B.
Elizabeth B.

I LOVE this makeup. I have acne and hypersensitive skin that is very oily and this foundation is a life saver. I used standard drugstore makeup for years and was hopeful that something a little higher-end would help more. I went into Sephora so they could match my skin tone and give me some more tips since I've never been a well-versed makeup person. They recommended Bare Minerals and I haven't looked back since. My skin actually seems to get worse when I stop wearing it. I pair this with a matte primer and one application stays put all day (maybe two if its a crazy long hectic day), and it doesn't feel like I'm wearing anything which I really love.
Erica S.
Erica S.

Such an amazing product. When it 1st came out, it was very unique and the first of its kind. Today, they still are above the copycats. This is the ONLY mineralized product brand I'll use. I love how it is all natural ingred that are actually good for your skin. There's nothing added that could be harsh or sensitive for your face. It actually has really great buildable coverage. You'd never think that from a "powder." It feels like pearls in a powder form or satin being buffed all over your skin. It definitely feels luxurious. The coverage is always even and the matte finish still brings out an inner glow to your skin. Very natural.
Pragya G.
Pragya G.

How is the coverage of this foundation? Does it work just as well as the liquid ones?
Jessica F.
Jessica F.

Does anyone else have issues with this getting very cakey? I've used it on and off through the years because it does have good coverage, but I always notice that about 3/4 hours after application it looks so cakey and you can see all the lines in my face
Alisia E.
Alisia E.

How is the coverage on this? I have bad acne & redness on a very pale face.
Ashley P.
Ashley P.

Does it really help with sun protectant?
Brianna H.
Brianna H.
Ann Arbor, MI

I have very difficult skin. It is oily but also dry from the use of acne lotion. Does this product exaggerate dry skin like a lot of powders do?

Join Now