BY BAREMINERALS #37 in Liquid Foundation

FRESH FACED FOUNDATION TEXTURE:

HOW DOES IT WORK?

Usage:

To apply with Luxe Performance Brush:

2. Pick up the foundation with your brush.

• Is anyone else promo code not working for the free bareMi...11 Answers
  • Who all is excited about trying their new bareMinerals cu...2 Answers
  • Waiting on my code also....4 Answers
Deanna J.
Macedonia, OH
While it was fun using the app to color match my foundation shade by tapping the camera on my skin, I’m not confident that they got the shade right. It seems a little warm and dark. Also, I’ve been using the Fenty foundation that goes on lighter and then oxidizes to a darker color so I don’t know what using a “normal” foundation is like anymore. I used the bareMinerals with Farsali Unicorn Essence as a primer and my forehead got a little slick by noon so I definitely want to try it with all my other primers to see which one it’s the most successful with. I enjoyed seeing my name printed on the bottle!
Jessica S.
I received this complimentary from influents and bareMinerals to try out. First off the packaging is gorgeous and it actually was a decent match, lighter than what I would usually buy, (I can't accept how truly white I am I guess lol) I also think the app uses the lightest samples it takes from your skin to create your foundation. The packaging is beautiful and looks high end and I love that they print your name right on the bottle. So the foundation itself, at first I didn't think i was going to like it, I had to blend it out with a beauty blender (a brush didn't work at all for me). It is very sheer coverage kind of like a bb cream but easily build able. it blended out very nicely and wasn't patchy at all on me, you do need to set it with a powder, for me it was a little too dewey without. It feels weightless on your skin which I loved, I didn't mind that it was light coverage, that's what I usually go for anyway. Once I finished off my makeup I LOVED how it looked on my skin. my face looked flawless and not cakey at all. It also lasted ALL DAY and didn't budge i was very impressed with how it wore throughout the day and how it looked once i had all my makeup done.
gilda m.
While I have some scars that require a more heavy duty coverage, this foundation is awesome in application, and does a wonderful job evening out my skin. To be fair, I cheated by going to Ulta and testing the colors. I then compared prices and there was no comparison. Same stuff for less money...and free shipping to boo
Ashley S.
Y'all, I don't even know where to start with this. I guess I should say that bareMinerals was one of my first "adult" makeup purchases. I remember buying their powder foundation at ULTA and being in love with it. In fact I still use that foundation 15+ years later. I have a multitude of other products from them as well. Ranging from loose eyeshadows, pressed shadows, lip colors and blushes.  It's easy to say that I love the brand. I trust it, I know I can usually find my shade in their lineup.

So when I was asked by Influenster to try out bare Minerals new Made-2-Fit foundation, I was excited. Foundation matching in the comfort of my home? Yes Please! I downloaded the app and went through the song and dance of being color matched. The app was easy to use, with clear instructions. Based on the colored blob it showed me, on my phone screen, it seemed like it would be close match. As much as you can tell based on a screen picture. I put it in my cart and waited for my special code so I could get it for free.

All seemed well till I got my code. When I went back into the app it crashed. Continually. When it didn't crash all I would see is a white screen. I deleted the app and re-downloaded it close to 20 times. When I would reopen it, directly after downloading it again, it would show me the app properly, but when I'd go to my cart, it would once again crash. Leaving me with errors every time I reopened it, unless I did the delete/download dance. I went to my husband with the issue, as he has some background in coding. He's assumption was there was an issue with the app reading what was in my cart. That maybe the "hold time" on the item expired, but didn't get dropped from the cart properly, so it was throwing errors. Awesome. So I had to create a whole new account to work around this issue. I then redid the color matching process in natural light. The coloring seemed off from the color blob it showed when I was done. So then I went to different lighting in my house and had the same issue. I finally found an area of natural but defused light and the match seemed okay. I sent off my order and waited.

Today my box showed up. I eagerly opened to be greeted by a bottle that looked a bit too dark. But we all know that the colors inside the bottles lie. So I opened it up and just about choked on my laughter as I looked at a color that was nowhere close to correct. And I don't mean a color that was maybe a bit too warm or too orange. I mean I color that isn't even remotely close to being mine.

Now of course this could be chocked up to user error. But I'm not an idiot. I read all the instructions and walked through it numerous times. I used correct lighting. Cleaned the camera off. Took off my phone case so the camera could easily touch my skin. The first color match I got, before the app crapped out, seemed like it would be close to something I could wear. This color seems to almost be spot on to the color of my freckles. Which is odd, because I did my best to pick areas that were clear of freckles.

So here we are. I have a foundation that I can't even pretend to use. Does it feel good on? No idea! Does it wear well? Maybe. Does it work with my skin type? Who knows! So now I have to get in touch with bare Minerals to see what to do, because I got this for free, but they do also have a color match guarantee.This is so ridiculous that I can't do anything but laugh. It happens. And hopefully it can be fixed. Especially on the app side, because the idea is very cool. Even if it was causing major issues for me.

So for now I have to give it a lower rating. I hope I can come back and change that in the future.

---------------------------------------------------

Update: 4-3-18

I contacted Bare Minerals to let them know about the issue and they were kind enough to give me a re-order code so I could do the process again. Their customer service was very nice and helpful and I appreciate the survey that they requested to better help this with the app, as hopefully they are taking feedback on issues to heart.

After getting the second code I went off to re-scan my face. Again I followed all of the steps, all of the instructions, used the proper lighting. I ran through the process the 3 times they asked. I even had my husband watching over me to make sure I was holding my phone at the correct distance and hitting good, clear spots. Yet again, the color match felt off. Though it seemed better than what I had gotten last time. So off I went to use the replacement code.

Now here's something that bothered me. The first time around it took a day or two after purchase for the product to show as ready for shipping. Which is totally fine and what I'd expect for a custom matched and made product. The second time through I got a shipping number within a few hours. For something that is supposed to be custom made, that felt like a rush and it didn't necessarily make me feel hopeful about how custom this actually is.

When I got the replacement bottle I knew instantly, before even putting it on my skin that it wasn't right. It was still dark and nowhere close to my skin tone. Compared to the original bottle it was a lighter shade. So there's that I guess. But it's still not wearable.

At this point I haven't contacted Bare Minerals again because I'm just over it. Clearly this app does not work for me. Plus I just got a new phone and they don't offer the app for it anyways. So it's not like I could re-do it a third time even if I wanted to. And here's the thing. I'm not an idiot. This is not user error, which is what this will be marked as. I can follow directions. I can do as I'm told. One time I might be be, but two times...no. I did everything correctly and got off shades twice. At this point, after racking my brain over what could be the cause, my best answer is my freckled pigmentation. That the phone must be picking up on that and not my actual skin tone. That's the best I, my husband, and friends could come up with.

Overall this was disappointing. The idea is innovative and smart. It looks like it works for some women. But clearly there's some issues that need to be worked out. And I hope they will, because I like Bare Minerals and I like the idea of color matching at home.
Charlie T.
Oklahoma City, OK
Ive had an interesting journey with this product. I received this product free for reviewing purposes and told I had a color match guarantee. After scanning my skin tone, the product shipped quick but was way too dark. I reordered and got an even darker shade. Then was told because it was a promo I could not get color match guaranteed and no more tries at correcting the mistake. Customer service kept me well informed and was excellent. The packaging is gorgeous with a pump style top. However, the product itself is more of a light coverage than claimed. It also pumped out a different color each time like it was not well mixed when made. I do not recommend an investment in this until they work out the kinks.
Austen G.
Gilmer, TX
ORIGINAL REVIEW:

This foundation was not my cup of tea. For starters, I found the app very difficult to use and it took me several tries to get it to work.

Second, the shade is horrible and does not match me in the slightest. I'm not surprised by how bad the shade match is considering how hard the app was to use. It is way too dark for me, at least two shades, if not three or four, off. That's not the worst part though, because I could maybe get away with it when tanned, but the undertone is awful! I have rosacea and be warned, if you have redness in your skin they will send you a RED foundation. This foundation is so pink it's insane. I have redness on my face, yes, but I have neutral, leaning yellow, undertones. This has been a struggle when getting my foundation matched in stores as well. Wake up world! Redness does NOT EQUAL pink undertones.

Despite the horrible color match, I decided to try this out to see if maybe the formula could be the one redeeming quality- NOPE! It sucks too. This fits right in with Bare Minerals schtick of being natural though, I guess. Because it's very light coverage. It's not full coverage by any means. Not even medium. It was difficult to even tell on my skin, because all it did was emphasize the redness I was trying to cover... ya know... since they sent me a pink foundation.

I was super disappointed in this and I'm so glad I didn't spend any money on it. I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy.

In the photo you can see this foundation compared to three others I own. Top is Too Faced Born This Way in Snow which is slightly too light for me, second is Marc Jacobs Remarcable in Ivory 12 which is slightly too dark for me and then the bare minerals custom foundation, then on the bottom is NARS All Day Luminous in Gobi which is a perfect shade match for me.

UPDATE:

Bare Minerals offered to send me a new shade since the first one was so far off. After seeing how much they picked up the redness in my skin, I ONLY scanned my wrist this time. For each scan besides the paper, I just scanned the same area on my wrist so that I could have more control of the shade they sent me. I wanted to make sure it wasn't red/pink toned and that it was actually light enough.

This worked out well for me because the new shade was pretty much a perfect match. Having the correct shade I got to give this foundation another chance. I actually really liked the way it looked on my skin the second time I used it (with the correct shade). However, it is VERY LIGHT COVERAGE. My skin was actually pretty clear when I wore it. If I had been more broken out, I don't think this would have worked for me. It actually wore pretty well throughout the day. Since it is so light coverage, it doesn't look cakey at all and looks very natural on the skin.

Overall, I think the app sucks still and I'm wary of its ability to get a correct shade match, but I really liked how it looked on my skin. I think I'll save this for "no makeup" makeup looks and days when my skin doesn't need a full coverage foundation. I probably won't order it again, because I don't think such a light coverage foundation is worth $50.
Veronica S.
I was able to receive this as a free sample from using the app. I really liked this foundation. It went on easily and blended nicely. It also felt super hydrating. The only reason for 3 stars is because the shade was not correct. It was too dark and had an orange tint. The company is great and letting me try again at getting the perfect match. Hopefully my next one matches better.
Sara A.
Big Rapids, MI
When I first got the app for this product, I was skeptical. I really did not know if my iPhone camera was able to capture the true color of my skin and create the perfect foundation match for me. However when I received the foundation in the mail, all of my worries were gone. It literally was the perfect match! It is such a light foundation and does not feel cakey in any sort of way. It is a light to medium coverage that you can build up, but is definitely not a foundation to grab if you are looking for a full coverage look. It also has a natural dewy finish more than a matte finish. The product is great and blending out and looking natural. The cutest detailing comes on the bottle as well. It says it is made for .. (insert your name) and has the date that you color matched yourself. I think that is also an important detail because if you keep the app, it saves your color match data. So in the winter you might be one shade and the summer be a darker on, but you already have them saved and preloaded ready to add to your cart! Packaging is just as important as the product itself. I would definitely repurchase. I did receive this product for free for reviewing purposes. bareMinerals MADE-2-FIT Fresh Faced Liquid Foundation
Wendy C.
Madera , CA
Not only was it a perfect match but how cool is it to have your name on your foundation bottle. Easy to apply goes on smoothly with a brush or sponge. Doesn’t breakdown long-lasting I would totally buy this again bareMinerals MADE-2-FIT Fresh Faced Liquid Foundation
Steffany C.
Charlotte, NC
Hello girls! I got my custom base that sent me #bareMinerals through #Influenster totally free !!! It's very cool but for my skin tone is very light 😐 🤷🏽‍♀️🤷🏽‍♀️ @influenster #free #contest #bareminerals @bareminerals #madeforme #made2fit #voxbox #influenstervoxbox #Made2Fit #BMxM2F #contest #complimentary @bareMinerals @Influenster
Yessenia d.
Mesa, AZ
Charlie T.
Oklahoma City, OK
Anyone else have to reorder due to bad shade match?
Danielle J.
Stephanie S.
Has anyone received their Made2Fit promotion code yet?
Rhiannon V.