BY BAREMINERALS #37 in Liquid Foundation

FRESH FACED FOUNDATION TEXTURE:

HOW DOES IT WORK?

Usage:

To apply with Luxe Performance Brush:

2. Pick up the foundation with your brush.

• Is anyone else promo code not working for the free bareMi...11 Answers
  • Who all is excited about trying their new bareMinerals cu...2 Answers
  • Waiting on my code also....4 Answers
Loren C.
I had pretty low expectations for this foundation, because matching my skin has proven to be nearly impossible, but using the Made 2 Fit app, I got a perfect match!

As for the foundation itself...

The packaging is a pretty frosted glass with a gold lid. It has a pump, and the product comes out easily.

The formula is very thin and lightweight. It doesn’t feel heavy or suffocating on the skin. I recommend using a brush to apply this foundation, then going back over it very lightly with a damp beauty blender to smooth it out. When I went straight for the beauty blender, it sucked up almost all of the product and left me with nearly nonexistent coverage. But, when I tried a brush first, it was much better. This is a very sheer-light coverage foundation, and it’s not super buildable. Perfect for that “no makeup” makeup look. It didn’t cover my big blemishes, so I definitely did have to go back in with concealer. It has a very dewy, natural finish, so if you don’t love that look, I would recommend using an all over setting powder.

So far, it hasn’t caused my sensitive skin to break out.

I can’t say that I would pay full price for it, but it’s super nice to have on hand when I want to give my skin a break and go with a more natural look, and I appreciate finally having something that matches my skin tone so well!
Sara S.
Ankeny , IA
I was so excited when that email came from Influenster that I was chosen to try this product!  Here is my honest review of the product from start to finish.

The process:
The made2fit app that is supposed to detect your color is pleasing to the eye. The process itself is self explanatory and easy when the app wasn't crashing.  After several tries I finally was able to get my match.

The product:
The bottle is great, made of glass with a plastic pump. It was really high quality.  The color was a perfect match for me!  I always put 3 small squirts on my hand to slowly blend in my foundation with a brush, and I realized that three pumps was too much. You really didn't need much of this product, it goes a long ways.

This foundation is light coverage. You might need to layer if you don’t like that, which I did.  I also felt like it kind of laid on top of my skin and after a couple hours I could see big splotches of foundation :(. . I, personally, didn’t like the consistency of the foundation.
By the end of the day, I could see parts where the oil my skin produced made the foundation look splotchy and just kind of gross.  I also feel like after a week of using the product I was starting to develop break outs around my lips and on my chin and jawline.  BOOOOOO.

I have combination skin, but I feel like this product really drew the oil out of my skin.  Maybe it's better for someone without so much oil.

I'm sure someone else rocked the product better than me!

Ruth E.
I really wanted to like this but I couldn’t!
Customer service is great and they take care of any questions and matters right away. However, the skin tone scanning didn’t work well for me... the final foundation was at least 5 times darker than my natural skin color (and yes I followed instructions). My grandmother’s skin is darker than mine, and conveniently, she was looking for a new foundation and we tried it on her. We like that it goes on smoothly and spreads nicely. It really blended on her skin, but it didn’t feel heavy. I think that the bottle brings a ton of foundation for the price (my current foundation is only $10 cheaper and brings way less foundation than this one). I think that having your name on the bottle is a nice added touch (it truly makes it feel personalized).
Heather A.
Farmington, NM
I was lucky enough to be able to try this product for free and I have to say I love it and will most likely purchase another bottle when I run out. The app is very simple to use, but unfortunately the first time I sent in for my custom foundation it was way too dark. I contacted customer service and they were very prompt at getting back to me and very kind and professional. They sent a code to try a second time as well as gave me some tips to help me get the correct shade. They also suggested that I scan my whole face several times before finally submitting my shade for the foundation order. I did the scan completely about 5 times then sent in my order. I was honestly skeptical about this order as well because the color it came up with on the app still did not look right. I received the second bottle about 1 week later and WOW! It is a PERFECT match. I am more than impressed with the process. I have been using my custom foundation for about 2 weeks now and I love it. The formula is amazing and the finish looks just like my skin. I don't feel like it is a matte or dewey finish, it's honestly just perfect and looks so natural. The coverage is definitely buildable but I like to use a thin layer to just even out my skin tone. I am definitely impressed and will recommend this product for sure.
Chelsea T.
New Brunswick, NJ
This was such a unique experience with this foundation. To start, the color matching with the phone was quite easy. Immediately they said my product was on the way and I got it in two days which was amazing. I know some people had issues with color matches but mine was pretty dead on which I was excited about. I usually go for fuller coverage foundations but I have been switching it up lately cause I take such good care of my skin I don’t want to just fake makeup all over it. This foundation has a natural, skin like feel and provides light to medium coverage if you build it up. I used to use the bare minerals powder foundations when I was a teenager but I’ve never used a liquid one from them. The bottle has a pump which is a huge plus in my book. The fact that there is still foundations out there without pumps blows my mind. The bottle also feels very sturdy and well made, as if it wouldn’t break easily. Plus, the fact that my name is on it makes me feel some type of way I mean come on how sick is that. This was such a pleasant surprise!
Samantha C.
Warner Robins , GA
After downloading MADE-2-FIT on your phone (it's only available on iPhone and now Android as well), unmute your phone and it the app will help guide you through the process, which uses MATCHCo color-matching technology. To get the truest reading of your skin tone, start with a clean face with no make up and take the scans under indoor lighting with no direct sun. Begin by steadily tapping the phone camera against a stack of white paper to "calibrate" your phone. Next, tap your inner wrist until the app gets a good read, and then scan your face. You will scan five different places on your face to get your match.

It only took about 4 days after i put my order in to receive the product. Sadly the shade I received was entirely to dark for me. So I contacted Bare Minerals and after I took the survey they provided, they furnished me with a reorder code and I have since reordered another bottle and am waiting for it to arrive. They didn't make me return the first bottle and luckily i have been able to mix it with a shade i have that is too dark so it's almost perfect.

I love the pump bottle and the silky smooth texture. I would call the coverage medium as i can still see some redness in my blimishes.

I will glad recommend this to any friends and family, if for the customer service alone.
Sirenita S.
Mount Vernon
I loved this foundation from the innovative mobile app to its true color match and formula.

What I love the most about this foundation is that it looks so natural and gave a healthy glow to my skin. It has buildable coverage from light to medium and feels weightless even with few layers on. I loved the beautiful and glam packaging and the formula, it’s not greasy nor cakey, and its gentle to my combo skin. It is long wearing and doesn’t dry my skin out; It doesn’t make my skin breakout either.

Recommended to all skin types, but if you have a lot of acne it won’t be the perfect liquid foundation for you since it isn’t full coverage.
Lauren L.
This is probably the most interesting product I've received complimentary in a voxbox thus far. To give some background, this foundation was specially mixed to match my own unique skin tone according to skin photo swatches I sent through the Bare Minerals Made2Fit app.

The app:
I had heard about this product before and was quite intrigued that there was also an app behind it! The initial camera calibration took me about 6 tries (with an iphone 7). It was frustrating because I would get closer and closer to calibration then it would reset. It would've been helpful to have some written tips in case someone was experiencing the same issues I was. Once I got past that step, the face and wrist color matches were easy to capture. I discovered you don't necessarily have to touch the camera to your face to get a skin tone match. I hovered close to my skin and the app captured it. In hindsight, I realized this might have attributed to the off color match.

The foundation:
The bottle has your name printed on it which is super cool and personalized. However, the product inside was WAY too dark for my skin tone. If you watch my video, you will see the difference between the foundation color I received and my regular color. It was disappointing to say the least. The only way I can salvage it is if I mix it with a lighter foundation. The coverage is also light which is generally what I stray away from when looking for a new foundation.

Final thoughts: The concept is creative but this was a miss for me. I wish there was a way to re-do color swatching steps without having to re-do the whole process. I saw some off swatches during the process that I'm pretty sure led to my final foundation color. I'd prefer to get color matched in person (at a store or beauty counter) instead.
Gabbie S.
I was honestly surprised at how well this foundation matched my skin. I was slightly skeptical at first because I was unsure of my phones ability to really capture my skin tone and color. When I received the foundation I loved that it felt very customized, my name was engraved on the bottle and it didn’t look cheap at all. When I first squirted a pump out on the back of my hand I was very skeptical I didn’t think that it matched my skin right at all because it was more neutral in color than warm, which is what I thought my undertone was. However, as soon as I applied it on my face, I was extremely happy and shocked that it blended in perfectly well and looked almost as if I was wearing no makeup. The match was unreal, I couldn’t believe how accurate it was and how inaccurate I have been all these years. I will be ordering again, the only thing I do wish this foundation had was a way to choose if you wanted a dewy or matte finish and also an option to choose a light, medium, or full coverage foundation. However, besides that I absolutely love this product and I love the concept behind it as well. I would say this foundation is a medium coverage one, nothing too heavy but it is slightly buildable. It does give more of a dewy finish as well, which I personally like a lot!
C. H.
I loved this foundation so much. The shade matched my skin perfectly and blended very well. Typically, foundations are too dark for me but this shade matched. I love the ingredients and quality of the product too. One possible downside for some people could be the coverage of this foundation. This foundation has a light to medium coverage so be aware of this. It lasted throughout the day and didn’t clog my pores either. This is an excellent foundation overall.
Yessenia d.
Mesa, AZ
Charlie T.
Oklahoma City, OK
Anyone else have to reorder due to bad shade match?
Danielle J.
Stephanie S.
Has anyone received their Made2Fit promotion code yet?
Rhiannon V.