BY BAREMINERALS #37 in Liquid Foundation

FRESH FACED FOUNDATION TEXTURE:

HOW DOES IT WORK?

Usage:

To apply with Luxe Performance Brush:

2. Pick up the foundation with your brush.

• Is anyone else promo code not working for the free bareMi...11 Answers
  • Who all is excited about trying their new bareMinerals cu...2 Answers
  • Waiting on my code also....4 Answers
Natalie L.
Wilmington, MA
This foundation is really nice. I wasn’t expecting it to be. I was kind of skeptical, but after using it for a while, it really grew on me.

The packaging is really nice, it feels really luxurious. Having my name on the bottle makes me feel...important? It was incredible! I feel like a celebrity.

The coverage is nice, a little light, but not too bad. I would say it has buildable coverage. The only issue I have with it is the color. That’s why I knocked a star off the rating. It was probably user error, but my color is WAY too dark. I’m pretty fair, especially in the winter. And then it oxidized to a slightly darker color. This is most definitely going to be a summer color for me. I might get it again, but in my winter/early spring shade.

This foundation applies really well with a beauty blender or brush. My preferred method is to apply it with a beauty blender and then go OVER it with a brush to make sure everything is blended in flawlessly.

I would highly recommend this foundation. When you do the scanning, make sure you do it in natural lighting, and have no makeup on to make sure you get the best results!

*this product was sent to me FREE to test and review by Influenster*
Catarina C.
Fairfax, VA
I was really excited to have the opportunity to try this customized foundation. I really liked the fact that I could order it online and have my own custom made foundation, after following the steps on the app and was hoping I could keep ordering it in the future. Unfortunately, the shade I received is too dark for my skin tone. Not even during summer, I get that dark. I guess I could try to mix it with a lighter foundation and try to create a shade that would match my skin, but with a toddler, I need something that is quick. It’s a pity because the formula seems very nice and comfortable to wear.
I love the bottle the foundation comes in and the detail of the name on it, makes it very special. I only wish I could get my correct match as I don’t know what I might have done wrong when scanning my skin with the app.
Stevi L.
Mcdonough, GA
I was quite an experience to get the right shade in my Bare Minerals Made 2 Fit foundation. My first shade was too dark, but luckily they have a shade match guarantee. But it took multiple scans on 3 different phones with different lighting, several follow up emails, and nearly a month to get my correct shade. Once I got it, I do enjoy the foundation. It's very lightweight. I like the way it feels on the skin, very natural but not much coverage. It wears well, but does crease up in my fine lines. The bottle is super cute, and I like to see it displayed. Personally, I would not spend $49 on such a light coverage product. I will continue to use it though. I think the concept is cool, but obviously the technology has some kinks to work out, and I think a fuller coverage might appeal to more people.
Skye T.
PRODUCT REVIEW!
bareMinerals has developed a new product and it is simply fantastic!
It's a "customized" liquid foundation.
To utilize the technology, you download an app called Bare Minerals Made 2 Fit. The app has you scan 5 areas of your face and from those 5 areas, it customized a foundation color.
You submit your order (it's $49 plus shipping) and in 7-10 days, your customized foundation shows up. Bonus is it has YOUR name on the bottle and it also says when it was mixed (so you know how old it is).
Now... onto the actual foundation.
As an avid fan of Bare Minerals, I was stoked about this new makeup. I have very pale sensitive skin and I have a lot of trouble finding a "perfect" match. It's always too white, too pink, or too blah.
I used a dime sized amount and applied with a foundation brush, buffing it into my skin.
I would say this is a medium coverage foundation, which I am also a fan of. It covered but still allowed my skin to breathe and show through. A must for me.
It wore exceptionally well and lasted a solid 8+ hours (it even misted on me at Mardi Gras and the foundation stayed put).
For the price, I think the quality is there and I find it priced correctly.
I will absolutely buy this again.
For those like me who have trouble finding a perfect pre-mixed formula, give this a try! If you're a fan of full coverage, this may not be for you, though I don't see why it's not build-able.
5 STARS from me!
*I did receive this product from Bare Minerals and Influenster at no charge for my honest review!
#Made2Fit #BMxM2F #complimentary #bareminerals #influenster #makeupreviewer #makeuplover
Star S.
LONG BEACH, CA
PROS :
innovative concept
love the customized bottle
app is user friendly
applies smooth
buildable
money back guarantee

CONS :
getting a perfect match can be tricky
made my skin oily
oxidizes

OVERALL :

I wanted to love this foundation because it is such a neat concept. To be able to use an app to get your exact skin tone and shade for a foundation is exactly what the makeup/beauty industry is missing. Unfortunately, there are some kinks to be ironed out.

The app itself looks great and is easy to use. Directions are clear, concise and I didn’t experience any issues while scanning myself. I received my customized bottle of foundation right away. Packaging is great; the glass bottle comes with a pump which is always a plus.

The foundation itself is light weight. It applies smoothly and I’d say the coverage is about light to medium. I used one full pump, dotted it all over and used a beauty sponge to blend. If you want full coverage, you will need to apply another layer where needed.

As for the color/shade, it wasn’t a perfect match but it was close enough to where I didn’t feel I needed to send it back. However, should there be an issue with that Bare Minerals will happily replace your bottle with the correct shade (provided you go through color matching via the app again). That’s a plus since it runs about $50 a pop.

I did notice it oxidized somewhat as I went about my day. I find that Bare Minerals formulations (the original powder kind) tend to do that on me as a rule. Something to consider if you don’t get an exact match. I normally have dry skin but, this formula made my T-zone oilier than usual.

All in all, it’s just ok. I love the concept but, it will be a challenge for the app to match everyone perfectly every time. Perhaps sending out two sample sized shades at first would be worth the extra expense on their end. I guess we’ll see what happens going forward.
Randi Y.
It has taken me forever to do this review because I'm not a big foundation user. Before I received this, the only complexion product I had was a BB cream that I barely ever used. But this foundation solves so many of the problems that kept me from using foundation. The color is a perfect match and it's so lightweight and skin like. Honestly, when I first applied it, I was sure that my blending sponge had absorbed everything because I couldn't see the foundation on my face. It's just THAT good of a match and that lightweight. With that being said, those who are looking for a full coverage, will cover everything under the sun kind of foundation, you might be disappointed. But those who are going for a casual everyday look should be pleased. It has a finish that is somewhere between dewy and matte. Just looks like healthy skin. My concealer, however, if very full coverage and very matte, so pairing such contrasting products lead to a very overpoweringly matte look.
Melissa O.
Westfield, MA
I'm very disappointed. I tried to get my color match twice and both were too dark for my skin. It sucks because the foundation feels nice and it looks like it could be good but I can't really say because i don't have a shade that i can wear. You scan your face with an app and it shows you what color you are. I dont think its a good idea. I know the whole intention was good but there are problems with the scanning technology hence giving me a wrong shade everytime. I dont think its worth 50$. I would not recommend at all please go to the store and get a foundation you know your color in and for a cheaper price.
Cara E.
Pikeville, KY
Received a complimentary bottle of this foundation in the the recent Influenster contest. First off, I was impressed with the process of using my mobile phone to customize my foundation. Bare Minerals has streamlined an easy process that accurately captured my skin tone. By testing five points on my face and wrist, my customized color was blended and shipped to me.

When I received the packaged, I was amazed how true the pigmentation was. However, I wasn’t crazy about two things: the packing itself and how oily the foundation felt once on for a few hours. The top of the foundation bottle is almost like a dropper, and I was expecting that when I opened the lid to it. It was hard to put the foundation on my face to blend out, but once it was on my face - it did blend very well. However, I have oily skin and I have to be careful what types of foundation I use to not exacerbate the issue. After a few hours, this foundation left me looking more on the oily side than I care to be. A little touch-up with some powder did the trick to help minimize it, as did layering primer underneath the foundation.

All in all, impressive. Easy-to-follow instructions to receive your own customized color of foundation, quick shipping and a lot of product that goes a long way.

Photos: customized product with my name on the bottle (and the date it was made! Liked that part as well), swatched foundation not blended on my hand and lastly, the foundation blended using my fingers.
Yolanda T.
I have been using this product as an everyday foundation. It has a very lightweight formula and leaves my skin looking flawless! I really love it! The only reason I am giving it a 4 star is because I used the app to get the perfect match but the app kept glitching. I had to do it various times. When I finally was able to complete it, the sun was close to setting (app works better with natural light). I was extremely excited to get my foundation. It did come a little darker then I expected. I am able to still wearing but I mix it with my MUFE HD foundation. Together they are perfect. The bottle is great! It comes with your name on it and I love that it’s a pump applicator. I will definitely be repurchasing this foundation when I am done with this bottle. Hopefully by then, the app will work better. Other than that mishap, foundation is awesome! I received foundation complementary but my opinion is 100% honest.
Ariel H.
Walnut Creek, CA
Used the app to find my shade and I thought that was a really cool feature. I don’t see any other brands that have an app for shade matching. As a makeup artist I was a little hesitant that it would find the right color for me. With that being said, I got my package with the Made2Fit Foundation and the first thing I noticed what that the color was way off. It was way too dark and didn’t have enough yellow undertones for me. The formula felt nice and it had a nice finish to it. The color was so off I couldn’t wear it all day. I think it was a nice try for bare minerals to stand out and try something new , but I feel like it isn’t accurate with the app. On a positive note, I love the packaging and think the detail with the name on the bottle is great! If they just made a collection of different shades I would give this Foundation a try. I still love the brand and their products and will continue to use them .
Yessenia d.
Mesa, AZ
Charlie T.
Oklahoma City, OK
Anyone else have to reorder due to bad shade match?
Danielle J.
Stephanie S.
Has anyone received their Made2Fit promotion code yet?
Rhiannon V.