BY BAREMINERALS #18 in Liquid Foundation

FRESH FACED FOUNDATION TEXTURE:

HOW DOES IT WORK?

Usage:

To apply with Luxe Performance Brush:

2. Pick up the foundation with your brush.

• Who all is excited about trying their new bareMinerals custom Mad...2 Answers
  • Waiting on my code also....4 Answers
Yosephine L.
Packaging: The packaging was very high end, especially since the bottle had my own name as part of the label. The bottle is a pump and made out of glass, which felt very sturdy. The turnaround time from order date to delivery was very quick (about 2 days), which I was satisfied with.

Consistency/coverage: The foundation has more of a creamy consistency, instead of a liquid (compared to the bareminerals barePRO foundation). One pump is enough for light/medium coverage. Even with concealer, one layer of the foundation is not enough to cover all my blemishes and dark spots. The foundation is buildable if you want more of a medium/full coverage. However, it’s not as full coverage as the barePRO foundation. The foundation has a mostly matte finish, but fully matte.

Application: I used one of my Morphe brushes to apply the foundation. When using the brush, the foundation was easy to apply evenly and did not streak. It does take some time for the foundation to dry and set (maybe about 1-2 minutes) instead of drying right away.

Color: In the bareminerals original foundation, I am a golden medium 14 and in the barePRO foundation, I am a toffee 19 during the summer months. The first foundation I received was too light for my skin tone and did not have enough golden undertone, so it made me look pale. The second foundation I received was a perfect match and was much closer to the golden medium 14 color I normally wear. I liked how the shade was a perfect match, because I do have a hard time looking for foundations that match perfectly. I tan very easily and my skin tone changes frequently.

Shade matching process: It took two attempts in order for me to receive the perfect shade. Customer service was very helpful and friendly in issuing me a reorder code for my second shade match. They received my feedback via phone and was able to include more golden undertones in the second shade, which resulted in a better match. The customer service rep recommended that I perform the shade match process under dim lighting at night time in order to avoid harsh/natural lighting that might interfere with the shade matching process. They also recommended performing the match process multiple times in order to avoid any potential process errors. The calibration and shade matching process with the app was the only downside. The app was very glitchy and crashed often so I would have to restart a few times. Bareminerals really needs to update the app to be more stable and user friendly.

Lasting power: Under normal wear, the foundation lasts about 8 hours before a touch up is necessary and before patchiness occurs. I have combo/oily skin so it does a good job controlling shine. I have not tried the foundation under more humid or hotter conditions, so I have not tested out its full capabilities. I also have acne prone skin and did not break out after 2 weeks of use.

Price: At $49, this foundation falls in the price category of higher end luxury brands and much more pricey. Considering that this is a custom product, I believe the price level is justified.

Overall, I would recommend this product and will be continuing to use the rest of the foundation I received. Personally, I like foundation, but not as much as the barePRO foundation. I do like it enough to consider using the Made2Fit foundation in my rotating supply of foundations in the future.
Katherine B.
This is exactly how buying foundation SHOULD be! It's truly amazing. First, you download the app, and follow the instructions on how to get your exact match. Your phones camera is used to get this. I've never seen anything like it. Your perfect match is created and sent to you complete with your own name on the bottle! I got my bottle about a week after I ordered it, and I could not be any more pleased! The packaging is really beautiful, and the bottle feels heavy and expensive. Not like a cheap plastic bottle. Plus, did I mention it has your own name printed on it?! The foundation itself is nice and thick and creamy. I like to use the back of my hand for application, and it doesn't run off once I pump it. It smells really good. Clean and fresh, and not like it's full of weird chemicals or perfumes. It literally matched my skin tone PERFECTLY. I am so impressed. Blending was obviously SUPER easy since the color is a perfect match for me. I would say it's probably a medium to full-coverage foundation. This is my new highest recommendation on foundation..and I've tried them ALL!
maria s.
This foundation is amazing to say the least. I was super skeptical about the blend that I would get. I have vitiligo which is white patches on my face and body and with all the scanning process I was nervous. I had no idea it was gonna match that great. The texture is creamy and it feels very concentrated . It is sheer to medium coverage but I feel it can be worn as full coverage as well if u work in the certain spots you need to cover. I have vitiligo on my face and a lot of foundations are not consistent with their formula, but to my surprise this was thick enough to work it and make it kinda cover my spots. I love the finish because it’s matte and I have oily skin. It still looks matte and it has been like 3 hrs of me wearing it. The blend matches my skin perfectly and I am so amazed about it. It has so scent and it feels weightless in my face. It does not dry super fact like usually matte foundations. The name on the bottle is just the cherry on top. It’s super cute and it makes me feel fancy that the foundation fits me and it was makes for me. I really do love it. And I highly recommend it. Just as long as you follow the scanning instructions you will be fine. Trust technology. I got this product complimentary from Influenster and I’m super blessed I was chosen to try it.
Emily R.
COLUMBIA, SC
I have never used products by bareMinerals before, but was excited to try this when I got the notification for my free foundation through this VoxBox. I really loved the idea of it being made to perfectly match my skin tone and thought that my name on the bottle was a nice touch.

I was skeptical of the process on the app for matching skin tones, but did it anyway. I took the case off my phone, cleaned it, and followed the instructions for calibrating my phone camera to white paper and then to my skin. Once completed, I had a lot of trouble with the app letting me sign in and confirm the order for shipment.

Once my order went through, I waited for it to be shipped out to me, which took a very long time, but I'm sure they're processing a lot of samples for Influensters at the moment.

I finally received my foundation in the mail and I love the packaging and the foundation seems like a great formula. However, I will not be wearing this foundation, as it is about 4 shades too dark. I thought I could try blending it with a lighter foundation, but this formula has a very red/orange tint to it. It's just not going to work for my skin tone.

This product is a great idea and I'm really glad I got to try it out, because I would never have done so on my own. I just wish the foundation was even remotely close to my skin tone!
Samantha K.
Warner Robins , GA
After downloading MADE-2-FIT on your phone (it's only available on iPhone and now Android as well), unmute your phone and it the app will help guide you through the process, which uses MATCHCo color-matching technology. To get the truest reading of your skin tone, start with a clean face with no make up and take the scans under indoor lighting with no direct sun. Begin by steadily tapping the phone camera against a stack of white paper to "calibrate" your phone. Next, tap your inner wrist until the app gets a good read, and then scan your face. You will scan five different places on your face to get your match.

It only took about 4 days after i put my order in to receive the product. Sadly the shade I received was entirely to dark for me. So I contacted Bare Minerals and after I took the survey they provided, they furnished me with a reorder code and I have since reordered another bottle and am waiting for it to arrive. They didn't make me return the first bottle and luckily i have been able to mix it with a shade i have that is too dark so it's almost perfect.

I love the pump bottle and the silky smooth texture. I would call the coverage medium as i can still see some redness in my blimishes.

I will glad recommend this to any friends and family, if for the customer service alone.
Janet C.
Fresno, CA
I received my first bottle of the custom BareMinerals made-2-fit foundation on January 29, 2018. Unfortunately, it was a bit too dark. The foundation was really smooth and good coverage but it was too dark. I got in communication with customer service through email and I received a response really quick. The person that helped me was super nice and patient with me. I was offered a code to reorder my foundation. After trying the app a couple more times to try and get the best result, I reordered my foundation. I received the second foundation on February 12th, 2018. It was still a little dark for my skin. I ended up just leaving it like that. I loved the custom bottles with my name on them. The bottle dispenses the foundation really good and smoothly. I just didn't like that I couldn't get the correct foundation color. I tried different lighting when using the application. Not sure if it was the camera on my phone or some other problem. All in all, I would of given them 5 stars if I would of gotten the correct color.
Janisa Q.
I have been wearing this for a week now and I am very impressed! Full disclosure, I’m not a fan of full coverage foundation. I like my freckles to show but I have an uneven skin tone. That being said, this is what I have been looking for in a foundation! It’s lightweight, and doesn’t oxidized. I have fair skin and was afraid this would be too dark for me because most foundations are but it’s a good color match without making me look ghostly.

I work a 9-5 job and have a toddler, so I need something that will stay on my face and doesn’t need a lot of touch ups. This not only stays on for 10+ hours but it keeps my blush and bronzer in place and doesn’t break down. I have combination skin. I’m dry on my cheeks and around my forehead but in my t-zone I get oily. I do have big pores and this does minimize them. They aren’t completely gone but they are minimized enough that it looks healthy and natural. The finish is a satin finish so it isn’t too matte or dewy.

The price point on this is steep. Most of bareMinerals foundations are $35 and under. This is $50. A $15 increase just for your own shade. I think a $15 increase is too expensive. I’m unsure if I would buy this after it runs out. I will for sure if they bring the price down.

Overall great foundation! If you have problems finding the right shade and have combo skin give this a try. I think it would be worth at least trying. They have a shade match guarantee.
Gabbie S.
I was honestly surprised at how well this foundation matched my skin. I was slightly skeptical at first because I was unsure of my phones ability to really capture my skin tone and color. When I received the foundation I loved that it felt very customized, my name was engraved on the bottle and it didn’t look cheap at all. When I first squirted a pump out on the back of my hand I was very skeptical I didn’t think that it matched my skin right at all because it was more neutral in color than warm, which is what I thought my undertone was. However, as soon as I applied it on my face, I was extremely happy and shocked that it blended in perfectly well and looked almost as if I was wearing no makeup. The match was unreal, I couldn’t believe how accurate it was and how inaccurate I have been all these years. I will be ordering again, the only thing I do wish this foundation had was a way to choose if you wanted a dewy or matte finish and also an option to choose a light, medium, or full coverage foundation. However, besides that I absolutely love this product and I love the concept behind it as well. I would say this foundation is a medium coverage one, nothing too heavy but it is slightly buildable. It does give more of a dewy finish as well, which I personally like a lot!
Deanna J.
Macedonia, OH
While it was fun using the app to color match my foundation shade by tapping the camera on my skin, I’m not confident that they got the shade right. It seems a little warm and dark. Also, I’ve been using the Fenty foundation that goes on lighter and then oxidizes to a darker color so I don’t know what using a “normal” foundation is like anymore. I used the bareMinerals with Farsali Unicorn Essence as a primer and my forehead got a little slick by noon so I definitely want to try it with all my other primers to see which one it’s the most successful with. I enjoyed seeing my name printed on the bottle!
Emily D.
Morris Plains, NJ
-IN SHORT-
Pros: color match is amazing, great natural coverage formula, glass bottle with a pump.
Cons: breaks apart, oil comes through if not touched up, clings to some dry patches.

I wanted this to be the perfect foundation, but unfortunately it wasn't. The app used to match your skin tone was GREAT! So easy to use, super accurate, and placing an order on my phone has never been easier. The foundation was the perfect shade and I loved that it was personalized. However, the wear time of this foundation is super meh. I have combo skin and I do not like a full coverage look so one pump is enough for me, but I found that even after setting it with powder, it began to break apart later in the day, my forehead grey kind of oily, and it clung to dry patches. This is a beautiful concept, and the skin match is so perfect on my Native American/Italian yellow toned skin, so I continue to use it, but I wouldn't say its the best.

Yessenia d.
Mesa, AZ
Charlie T.
Oklahoma City, OK
Anyone else have to reorder due to bad shade match?
Danielle J.
Stephanie S.
Has anyone received their Made2Fit promotion code yet?
Rhiannon V.