BY BAREMINERALS #48 in Liquid Foundation

FRESH FACED FOUNDATION TEXTURE:

HOW DOES IT WORK?

Usage:

To apply with Luxe Performance Brush:

2. Pick up the foundation with your brush.

• I have very dry skin does this foundation cling to dry pa...36 Answers
  • Who all is excited about trying their new bareMinerals cu...3 Answers
  • Is anyone else promo code not working for the free bareMi...11 Answers
Jen B.
Louisville, KY
Where do I start with this foundation?!

The Process:
I used the bareMinerals Made-2-Fit App to get my customized shade. The app was simple to use and the video instructions made following along very simple. Basically, you calibrate your phone against white sheets of paper, and then you scan your wrist and 5 spots on your face. A voice guides you during the whole procedure. In sum, the process is very simple and the app formulates your perfect shade.

The Product:
I AM ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE!!!! I received this product in exchange for my honest review and I will say, the shade was not exactly “my match” however that’s because I have an EXTREMELY white neck and no foundation can ever match otherwise I’d look extremely pale. However, this foundation does look absolutely stunning on me and does match my face and the rest of my body. The formula is superb. Up until bareMinerals Made-2-Fit I have been using Makeup Forever’s Ultra HD foundation and honestly bareMinerals lasted longer/looked better with more than 16 hours on my face... I apply this with a beauty blender and finish off with Laura Mercier setting powder & no touch ups needed! In regards to the packaging, the foundation arrived in the cutest box/bottle and I’m a huge fan of the fact that the bottle is personalized with my name on it. Additionally, the bottle also has a date stamp when it was formulated. I personally think that the formula also has a hint of a citrus smell which I enjoyed along with the matte finish and glowing look the formula gives.

Overall, I am definitely beyond satisfied and I will most certainly repurchase bareMinerals Made-2-Fit Fresh Faced liquid foundation again. My tip? If it’s not the right shade fix it up with some bronzer.
Holly D.
Dickson City, PA
This is such an innovative and fun way for makeup lovers to find that absolute perfect match...in foundation, of course! I was honestly extremely skeptical prior to trying this out. I have super sensitive skin that reacts to a lot of makeups, plus have a skin tone that is difficult to find a good fit (as in I have one foundation that actually works perfectly for my skin tone, and all others I’ve tried - a bunch! - just seem to be a little off in one way or another.

How it works: you download the associated app, make sure you’re makeup-free, and follow the super simple instructions to create your perfect foundation color all from the comfort of your own home (I personally was in my jammies for this makeup shopping experience). Then you order and wait! Mine came pretty quickly, and I was so excited to try it out when it arrived, especially because the bottle has my name on it.

Product details: this honestly matched my skin tone PERFECTLY! As in it might even blend better than that one foundation I mentioned earlier that’s the only one that matches me well. My skin is super light with a hint of olive, which is difficult to find. Don’t fret though, this simple app really works! The product comes in a bottle with your name on it! It’s a study bottle too, which is nice since I tend to throw my makeup bag around and carry it with me a lot. The product itself is really nice. No odd smell, in fact I don’t even think it has a scent at all which is awesome! It glides on so smoothly and blends perfectly with your skin tone. The only con for me personally is that it’s more of a medium coverage foundation, and I tend to prefer more high coverage since I break out a decent amount. However, I will say that it’s hands down the best medium coverage foundation I’ve tried!

Personal wishes: it’s basically perfect. I think it’d be even more perfect if you could really customize it further and choose the amount of coverage you want (I’d totally purchase this if I could have high/full coverage in my perfect match foundation!)
Jenny S.
El Dorado Spg, MO
I was very hesitant to see how the app would match this foundation to my skin, especially since it said not to scan my skin in natural lighting. I received my foundation in probably 3 weeks or so, but that's not a big deal. It came in a very nice package that held my foundation like you see makeup gurus receive for PR. The bottle is a perfect weight, somewhat heavy but not too heavy.. But it's glass. I know a lot of people love glass bottles, I personally am just not a huge fan because of the risk of them breaking while traveling... Plus, I'm really clumsy and good at breaking stuff. Now, on to the product. It took about a minute of solid pumping for me to get any product out of the bottle, which isn't  huge deal, but still something I like to note. When the product finally came out, I was worried. Then once I smeared a streak on my cheek, I was really scared. It was very yellow toned, which I am not a huge fan of. Once I started to blend it out though, all of the yellowness disappeared and the foundation melted into my face beautifully. It definitely is an almost perfect, if not spot on, match. Now, on most days, especially in these winter months, I prefer a medium to full coverage foundation. This foundation claims to be sheer to medium coverage, but it is definitely more on the sheer end. It really doesn't cover any blemishes or freckles whatsoever. This foundation is so lightweight that you cannot feel it on whatsoever, which is great. It also seems to wear very very nicely. Overall, this is a good foundation. I look forward to wearing it in the Summer months and seeing how it does since I do prefer a fuller coverage foundation in the winter.
Sharelle S.
Durham, NC
I was a little skeptical about trying this especially with the horrible foundation matches from the little scanner thing at Sephora. Surprisingly I got a perfect match in my foundation shade. Today I wore the foundation while I was out and about. I’m a sweater and it rather warm out today in NC, so today was a perfect day to see how long wearing it was. I didn’t put any thing on top of the foundation except a little concealer. Underneath I used the ulta matte primer and I did color correct. The high pollen count has aggravated my skin and I have dark eczema patches on my face 😫. The foundation feels really good dried down, almost a powdery like finish. Even with the primer on I creased in my smile line in about an hours time. I’m going to give the foundation the benefit of doubt since I know sometimes certain brands perform better with the primer of the same brand. I went to the BareMinerals store and got a sample of the pro primer. My assumption was correct. The foundation lasted my normal time of about 5/6 hours with out creating in my smile lines. I can say I will continue to use this through the spring. I don’t know if it’ll be s good choice for the summer months though.
Maritza R.
bareMinerals MADE-2-FIT Fresh Faced Liquid FoundationFirst of all, I consider the Made 2 fit BareMinerals app as an innovative way to get the perfect match, even at the beginning I was skeptical to be honest. My biggest concern about purchasing a foundation online is getting the right shade for my skin color but this app makes it easier and it is super easy to use. I followed the instructions and everything worked as I expected. I didn’t go outside, I did it inside of my house with the normal light that I have but I removed my cellphone cover which I highly recommend it to do. After few days I got my foundation, they shipped it fast. The packaging is to dye for, it is so cool having a foundation with your name grabbed on it. I most say this is my favorite part about it. It is like a dream, I never ever expected having any beauty product personalized. This made it so unique! The foundation: The formula is super hydrating with a medium-light coverage, it is perfect to get a natural look and blends like a dream. I recommend a brush to get a medium coverage and a beauty blender to get a light coverage either way will bring you beautiful results. Did I get the right shade? Yesssss! Do I recommend it? Yes, Yes, Yes I do!
I got this product complimentary for testing purposes but this is my own honest opinion!
Star S.
Long Beach, CA
PROS :
innovative concept
love the customized bottle
app is user friendly
applies smooth
buildable
money back guarantee

CONS :
getting a perfect match can be tricky
made my skin oily
oxidizes

OVERALL :

I wanted to love this foundation because it is such a neat concept. To be able to use an app to get your exact skin tone and shade for a foundation is exactly what the makeup/beauty industry is missing. Unfortunately, there are some kinks to be ironed out.

The app itself looks great and is easy to use. Directions are clear, concise and I didn’t experience any issues while scanning myself. I received my customized bottle of foundation right away. Packaging is great; the glass bottle comes with a pump which is always a plus.

The foundation itself is light weight. It applies smoothly and I’d say the coverage is about light to medium. I used one full pump, dotted it all over and used a beauty sponge to blend. If you want full coverage, you will need to apply another layer where needed.

As for the color/shade, it wasn’t a perfect match but it was close enough to where I didn’t feel I needed to send it back. However, should there be an issue with that Bare Minerals will happily replace your bottle with the correct shade (provided you go through color matching via the app again). That’s a plus since it runs about $50 a pop.

I did notice it oxidized somewhat as I went about my day. I find that Bare Minerals formulations (the original powder kind) tend to do that on me as a rule. Something to consider if you don’t get an exact match. I normally have dry skin but, this formula made my T-zone oilier than usual.

All in all, it’s just ok. I love the concept but, it will be a challenge for the app to match everyone perfectly every time. Perhaps sending out two sample sized shades at first would be worth the extra expense on their end. I guess we’ll see what happens going forward.
Skye T.
PRODUCT REVIEW!
bareMinerals has developed a new product and it is simply fantastic!
It's a "customized" liquid foundation.
To utilize the technology, you download an app called Bare Minerals Made 2 Fit. The app has you scan 5 areas of your face and from those 5 areas, it customized a foundation color.
You submit your order (it's $49 plus shipping) and in 7-10 days, your customized foundation shows up. Bonus is it has YOUR name on the bottle and it also says when it was mixed (so you know how old it is).
Now... onto the actual foundation.
As an avid fan of Bare Minerals, I was stoked about this new makeup. I have very pale sensitive skin and I have a lot of trouble finding a "perfect" match. It's always too white, too pink, or too blah.
I used a dime sized amount and applied with a foundation brush, buffing it into my skin.
I would say this is a medium coverage foundation, which I am also a fan of. It covered but still allowed my skin to breathe and show through. A must for me.
It wore exceptionally well and lasted a solid 8+ hours (it even misted on me at Mardi Gras and the foundation stayed put).
For the price, I think the quality is there and I find it priced correctly.
I will absolutely buy this again.
For those like me who have trouble finding a perfect pre-mixed formula, give this a try! If you're a fan of full coverage, this may not be for you, though I don't see why it's not build-able.
5 STARS from me!
*I did receive this product from Bare Minerals and Influenster at no charge for my honest review!
#Made2Fit #BMxM2F #complimentary #bareminerals #influenster #makeupreviewer #makeuplover
Randi Y.
It has taken me forever to do this review because I'm not a big foundation user. Before I received this, the only complexion product I had was a BB cream that I barely ever used. But this foundation solves so many of the problems that kept me from using foundation. The color is a perfect match and it's so lightweight and skin like. Honestly, when I first applied it, I was sure that my blending sponge had absorbed everything because I couldn't see the foundation on my face. It's just THAT good of a match and that lightweight. With that being said, those who are looking for a full coverage, will cover everything under the sun kind of foundation, you might be disappointed. But those who are going for a casual everyday look should be pleased. It has a finish that is somewhere between dewy and matte. Just looks like healthy skin. My concealer, however, if very full coverage and very matte, so pairing such contrasting products lead to a very overpoweringly matte look.
Stephanie T.
Danville, VA
I completed the process of the BareMinerals Made-2-fit foundation and I received a coupon code for a #complimentary bottle of Foundation. I was so excited to receive this foundation. I have been using it for a while and I am pleasantly pleased. I was scared at first because I have real sensitive skin and was afraid that this would break me out but it didn’t. There is no unpleasant smell to the foundation and it doesn’t give me a greasy feel at all. My skin looks fresh all day. It is not too heavy on the skin and gives a nice look to the skin as well without looking cakes. Thank you so much #influenster for this and allowing me to give this a try. I have enjoyed this foundation. Now for the downside of the bottle. The “stick” in the bottle is just bothersome to me. It hooks up the foundation at the top and makes for a nasty top. But I can clean that up. I apply the foundation with a sponge anyways. But like I said it’s just bothersome.
Kiera B.
United States
I received my bareminerals made-2-fit through influenster for free yesterday. Normally I use Maybelline 24 for stay for the coverage and softness for my face. The app to find my perfect shade was easy to use, I had never seen an app that could tell what shade foundation I'd need so this was cool to use. I'm always having problems finding my correct shade but I tried the bareminerals today and just say it is exactly like my skin color! When applying the foundation I used a foundation brush and evenly coated my face, it isn't exactly full coverage and did take a few seconds to dry after applying. I like my foundation to cover my flaws and this foundation doesn't really do that for me. Being a $50 foundation I was expecting more out of it. My face is normally pretty oily and today it's 75 degrees so we shall see how it holds up!
Erica S.
Boone
ĊĿĀŪƉĪĀ P.
New Castle , DE
Megan C.
Acushnet, MA
Heather C.
Washington, DC
My app won't recognize DC as a state for shipping - any suggestions?
Yessenia d.