bareMinerals MADE-2-FIT Fresh Faced Liquid Foundation
What it is:
bareMinerals, the complexion experts, bring you the ultimate custom-blended, skin loving foundation that is Made-2-Fit for your unique skin tone. Calibrated with MATCHCo’s patented shade matching technology; bareMinerals Made-2-Fit Fresh Faced Foundation is formulated with mineral based pigments to match your skin tone. The custom color is exclusive to you – with your name printed right on the bottle. This weightless formula not only provides a naturally radiant finish, it contains nourishing ingredients to hydrate and smooth the appearance of skin for an instantly younger-looking, more beautiful you. Meet your match made in foundation heaven.
FRESH FACED FOUNDATION TEXTURE:
A creamy foundation that transforms into a lightweight, silky balm as you blend into the skin. This unique texture leaves skin feeling comfortable and hydrated while imparting a natural looking finish.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
A voice-guided app measure skin tone to calculate the perfect foundation shade. It normalizes indoor light to give you a perfect match every time. The six step scanning process is simple and takes only a few minutes.
Ingredients: Water, Cyclopentasiloxane, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Zinc Oxide, Dimethicone, Titanium Dioxide, Nylon-12, Polyglyceryl-3 Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Dimethicone, Dimethicone/PEG-10/15 Crosspolymer, Aluminum Hydroxide, Stearic Acid, Butylene Glycol, Sodium Chloride, Glycerinm Polyglyceryl-4 Isostearate, Dimethicone/Polyglycerin-3 Crosspolymer, Biosaccharide Gum-1, Lilium Candidum Bulb Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Morus Alba Leaf Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Bisabolol, Tocotrienols, Tocopherol, Ceramide 2, Cetyl PEG/PPG-10/1 Dimethicone, PEG/PPG-18/18 Dimethicone, Cyclohexasiloxane, Cyclotetrasiloxane, Tribehenin, Oligopeptide-51, Dimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Hexyl Laurate, Tocopheryl Acetate, PEG-10 Phytosterol, Palmitoyl Hexapeptide-12, Elaeis Guineensis (Palm) Oil, Triethoxysilylethyl Polydimethylsiloxyethyl Hexyl Dimethicone, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Hexylene Glycol, Caprylyl Glycol, Triethoxycaprylylsilane
To apply with Luxe Performance Brush:
1. Pump foundation onto the back of your hand. Start with one pump for medium coverage and build to full coverage with a second pump if desired.
2. Pick up the foundation with your brush.
3. Starting in center of the face and working outward, blend onto skin using short downward strokes.
4. Blend well into the jawline and hairline to ensure an even appearance that looks like skin, not makeup.see more...
Top Questions See all 266 Q&A
I think my undertone was mismatched wrongly because a few glitches:
1. My face is darker and slightly redder due to sensitivity than my chest and neck- the app should have a way to scan the chest as well and also have a little questionnaire for problematic skin like redness and hyper or hypopigmentation. 2. Cameras- everyone has different phones and different camera qualities. Although maybe this glitch might’ve been corrected for in the app but the camera might pick up a darker shade or lighter shade of the person due to its quality. I think to correct this and make this method foolproof the app should have an additional survey to color match other foundations of its brand (for example if they knew my bareMinerals color was cardamom they would’ve been able to adjust the yellow problem with my match by comparison) or comparing it to other major makeup brands (kind of like a foundation match) this would increase the accuracy of the color match.
The foundation comes in a sleek and sturdy box, whether its a PR package or a normal order.
The customized foundation is placed in a clear glass bottle with a rose gold cap that has your first name printed in front. I think its a nice touch having that personalized look for the foundation.
Knowing that this is a specially formulated foundation made uniquely for each person already sounds promising enough. Its innovative and the whole process starting from the Made-2-Fit app was really made to be user-friendly.
Now lets talk about the Fresh Faced Foundation itself — formula wise its not runny. Not much of a liquid form. It’s a bit on the thicker type of foundation similar to a cream texture. Coverage wise its sheer to medium. Its buildable though. If you’re someone who prefers more coverage, it might take you 2-3 layers of this foundation to achieve that. How does this foundation set? Its more on the dewy side. Not matte. I personally have oily skin; I’m glad it didn’t make me look greasy even if its a dewy finish. I find that its better to set this with powder if you want a more finished look. Setting it with powder can also help prolong the staying power. I tried applying this with both a brush and a beauty blender; I preferred the look I got with my beauty blender. My faced look a bit more polished with it. 🙂
I wore this for around 6-8 hours during work and I didn’t find the need to touch up. I just used an oil blotting paper once in between, same with what I do on a normal day with other foundations and makeup brands that I use.
Color wise — I’d say its not perfect for everyone just yet. I think there are many factors to consider on why other people got their perfect match while some got something far off. I personally got a so-so match. It wasn’t exactly perfect since it was lighter but it was pretty near to my skin tone so I’d say its fine. The foundation shade that I got can easily be remedied with a bronzer or contour so for me its not really a big deal.
Price wise — $49.00 for 30ml. of product is a bit more on the pricey side for foundation. Though since I’m a fan of anything personalized, the glass bottle that came with my name printed on it was a huge plus. Delivery is free of charge within the U.S. | Shipping of the actual order was very quick too. The customized foundation will arrive at your doorstep in just a few days time. I also personally prefer sheer to medium coverage for foundation so I did like the formula and finish on this one.
Overall I'd say its a pretty decent foundation for everyday use, just something light and natural looking on the skin. I’ve been wearing this foundation for 8 days straight here in Tokyo and so far I’m loving it! I would be glad to repurchase this again. :)
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos