BY BAREMINERALS #19 in Liquid Foundation

FRESH FACED FOUNDATION TEXTURE:

HOW DOES IT WORK?

Usage:

To apply with Luxe Performance Brush:

2. Pick up the foundation with your brush.

• Who all is excited about trying their new bareMinerals custom Mad...2 Answers
  • Waiting on my code also....4 Answers
Ashley S.
Y'all, I don't even know where to start with this. I guess I should say that bareMinerals was one of my first "adult" makeup purchases. I remember buying their powder foundation at ULTA and being in love with it. In fact I still use that foundation 15+ years later. I have a multitude of other products from them as well. Ranging from loose eyeshadows, pressed shadows, lip colors and blushes.  It's easy to say that I love the brand. I trust it, I know I can usually find my shade in their lineup.

So when I was asked by Influenster to try out bare Minerals new Made-2-Fit foundation, I was excited. Foundation matching in the comfort of my home? Yes Please! I downloaded the app and went through the song and dance of being color matched. The app was easy to use, with clear instructions. Based on the colored blob it showed me, on my phone screen, it seemed like it would be close match. As much as you can tell based on a screen picture. I put it in my cart and waited for my special code so I could get it for free.

All seemed well till I got my code. When I went back into the app it crashed. Continually. When it didn't crash all I would see is a white screen. I deleted the app and re-downloaded it close to 20 times. When I would reopen it, directly after downloading it again, it would show me the app properly, but when I'd go to my cart, it would once again crash. Leaving me with errors every time I reopened it, unless I did the delete/download dance. I went to my husband with the issue, as he has some background in coding. He's assumption was there was an issue with the app reading what was in my cart. That maybe the "hold time" on the item expired, but didn't get dropped from the cart properly, so it was throwing errors. Awesome. So I had to create a whole new account to work around this issue. I then redid the color matching process in natural light. The coloring seemed off from the color blob it showed when I was done. So then I went to different lighting in my house and had the same issue. I finally found an area of natural but defused light and the match seemed okay. I sent off my order and waited.

Today my box showed up. I eagerly opened to be greeted by a bottle that looked a bit too dark. But we all know that the colors inside the bottles lie. So I opened it up and just about choked on my laughter as I looked at a color that was nowhere close to correct. And I don't mean a color that was maybe a bit too warm or too orange. I mean I color that isn't even remotely close to being mine.

Now of course this could be chocked up to user error. But I'm not an idiot. I read all the instructions and walked through it numerous times. I used correct lighting. Cleaned the camera off. Took off my phone case so the camera could easily touch my skin. The first color match I got, before the app crapped out, seemed like it would be close to something I could wear. This color seems to almost be spot on to the color of my freckles. Which is odd, because I did my best to pick areas that were clear of freckles.

So here we are. I have a foundation that I can't even pretend to use. Does it feel good on? No idea! Does it wear well? Maybe. Does it work with my skin type? Who knows! So now I have to get in touch with bare Minerals to see what to do, because I got this for free, but they do also have a color match guarantee.This is so ridiculous that I can't do anything but laugh. It happens. And hopefully it can be fixed. Especially on the app side, because the idea is very cool. Even if it was causing major issues for me.

So for now I have to give it a lower rating. I hope I can come back and change that in the future.

---------------------------------------------------

Update: 4-3-18

I contacted Bare Minerals to let them know about the issue and they were kind enough to give me a re-order code so I could do the process again. Their customer service was very nice and helpful and I appreciate the survey that they requested to better help this with the app, as hopefully they are taking feedback on issues to heart.

After getting the second code I went off to re-scan my face. Again I followed all of the steps, all of the instructions, used the proper lighting. I ran through the process the 3 times they asked. I even had my husband watching over me to make sure I was holding my phone at the correct distance and hitting good, clear spots. Yet again, the color match felt off. Though it seemed better than what I had gotten last time. So off I went to use the replacement code.

Now here's something that bothered me. The first time around it took a day or two after purchase for the product to show as ready for shipping. Which is totally fine and what I'd expect for a custom matched and made product. The second time through I got a shipping number within a few hours. For something that is supposed to be custom made, that felt like a rush and it didn't necessarily make me feel hopeful about how custom this actually is.

When I got the replacement bottle I knew instantly, before even putting it on my skin that it wasn't right. It was still dark and nowhere close to my skin tone. Compared to the original bottle it was a lighter shade. So there's that I guess. But it's still not wearable.

At this point I haven't contacted Bare Minerals again because I'm just over it. Clearly this app does not work for me. Plus I just got a new phone and they don't offer the app for it anyways. So it's not like I could re-do it a third time even if I wanted to. And here's the thing. I'm not an idiot. This is not user error, which is what this will be marked as. I can follow directions. I can do as I'm told. One time I might be be, but two times...no. I did everything correctly and got off shades twice. At this point, after racking my brain over what could be the cause, my best answer is my freckled pigmentation. That the phone must be picking up on that and not my actual skin tone. That's the best I, my husband, and friends could come up with.

Overall this was disappointing. The idea is innovative and smart. It looks like it works for some women. But clearly there's some issues that need to be worked out. And I hope they will, because I like Bare Minerals and I like the idea of color matching at home.
Cara E.
Pikeville, KY
Received a complimentary bottle of this foundation in the the recent Influenster contest. First off, I was impressed with the process of using my mobile phone to customize my foundation. Bare Minerals has streamlined an easy process that accurately captured my skin tone. By testing five points on my face and wrist, my customized color was blended and shipped to me.

When I received the packaged, I was amazed how true the pigmentation was. However, I wasn’t crazy about two things: the packing itself and how oily the foundation felt once on for a few hours. The top of the foundation bottle is almost like a dropper, and I was expecting that when I opened the lid to it. It was hard to put the foundation on my face to blend out, but once it was on my face - it did blend very well. However, I have oily skin and I have to be careful what types of foundation I use to not exacerbate the issue. After a few hours, this foundation left me looking more on the oily side than I care to be. A little touch-up with some powder did the trick to help minimize it, as did layering primer underneath the foundation.

All in all, impressive. Easy-to-follow instructions to receive your own customized color of foundation, quick shipping and a lot of product that goes a long way.

Photos: customized product with my name on the bottle (and the date it was made! Liked that part as well), swatched foundation not blended on my hand and lastly, the foundation blended using my fingers.
Sara A.
Big Rapids, MI
When I first got the app for this product, I was skeptical. I really did not know if my iPhone camera was able to capture the true color of my skin and create the perfect foundation match for me. However when I received the foundation in the mail, all of my worries were gone. It literally was the perfect match! It is such a light foundation and does not feel cakey in any sort of way. It is a light to medium coverage that you can build up, but is definitely not a foundation to grab if you are looking for a full coverage look. It also has a natural dewy finish more than a matte finish. The product is great and blending out and looking natural. The cutest detailing comes on the bottle as well. It says it is made for .. (insert your name) and has the date that you color matched yourself. I think that is also an important detail because if you keep the app, it saves your color match data. So in the winter you might be one shade and the summer be a darker on, but you already have them saved and preloaded ready to add to your cart! Packaging is just as important as the product itself. I would definitely repurchase. I did receive this product for free for reviewing purposes. bareMinerals MADE-2-FIT Fresh Faced Liquid Foundation
Sara T.
Dumfries, VA
BareMinerals has always been a favorite makeup brand of mine.  Their mineral powder foundation was big in my late teens, early 20's and I loved it for the light coverage, without feeling cakey.  I've always said to myself, when my girls get to the age where they want to wear makeup, BareMinerals powder foundation is where they will start because I know it's ok for their skin.  I've tried a few of their other liquid makeup--one I didn't like and the other one is a great tinted moisturizer that I love using during the summer.  With that in mind I was so excited to get to try their new Made2Fit foundation a try for free!  I used it today for the first time today and I think it'll take a few more times wearing this foundation to really form an opinion on how I like it.  I think the color matching it pretty good...maybe a bit to dark/orange for my skin tone, but I think for the summer time when I'm a little darker, it will be perfect.  I usually wear Revlon Colorstay for oily/combo skin and that tends to go on a bit matte for me and I can say that the BareMinerals Made2Fit foundatoin is much more dewey.  That being said, I'm not sure how long coverage will last.  It's a thick formula and I needed two pumps to cover my entire face, where as with my Colorstay, I just need one pump.  I'd say it's sheer to medium coverage.  I will say that the app for matching your skin color is pretty neat.  It'll be interesting to see if other makeup brands start using this technology as well, even if it's just to match you to already existing shades.  I'm not sure that I would pay $49 for this again or not, time will tell.  Glad I got it for free to give it a try!
Gloria K.
San Diego, CA
I received a complimentary full-sized Made-2-Fit foundation via Influenster.com

App
I just wanted to start off by saying the mobile app was so easy to use. The instructions were very straightforward and it only took a few minutes to finish the shade match process. After receiving my redemption code, the foundation was delivered very quickly!

Made-2-Fit Foundation
I was skeptical about shade matching a foundation via a mobile app, but the Bare Minerals Made-2-Fit foundation matches me perfectly! I use one pump for sheer/light coverage and blend it in with a beautyblender. The coverage is buildable without getting cakey/thick. The foundation looks natural on my skin -- not too matte or dewy. My boyfriend actually complimented me saying my skin looked very refreshed/radiant, but didn't realize I was wearing this!!!
This foundation didn't accentuate any fine lines/wrinkles or my pores. One of the things I love about this foundation is that it feels light on my skin; I can wear it all day without feeling like it's weighing me down. I also found that I didn't get oily while wearing this foundation, which sometimes happens to me with other foundations.
**Bonus points: the bottle has your name on it (see pics) AND it has the date that the foundation was mixed just for you!
Cindy L.
Oakland Gdns, NY
My @bareminerals #made2fit #liquidfoundation #voxbox from @influenster finally arrived and I’m so excited!!! .
The app is free to download and the custom foundation costs $49 for a beautiful 1 fl oz (30ml) bottle with free shipping. The bottle comes engraved with your name on it too for an extra personal touch. It definitely revolutionizes the way we shop for foundation and takes the guess work out of it, which normally can be daunting. .
After taking a series of pictures of your face, they custom blend a foundation shade to match your skin tone. It was kind of silly looking because you have to literally tap your phone against your forehead and cheeks and hope for the best. I was a little scared and nervous of the results since you really don’t know what are are getting before hand , but i’m really happy with my shade! It’s almost a perfect match! They do offer a 30 day match guarantee so if it didn’t come out right you can always exchange.
After wearing it a couple times, I can say that it is sheer-light coverage that is slightly girly buildable (but not as buildable as other foundations I’ve been using like the Ordinary serum foundation). I think I will use this more as a daily tinted moisturizer type foundation for natural,YBB (You But Better) makeup. I had some redness on my cheeks and it took me a few tries to even it out. I did settle into dry spots/lines ... but I didn’t expect much since my skin was extremely dry when I tested the foundation. I used setting spray before and after application to make sure that my skin was hydrated and that the foundation was set properly. It feels nice and light like you aren’t wearing any makeup. So far so good! . . *I received this product #complimentary from #Influenster and all opinions are my own. *
#Made2Fit #BMxM2F #contest
Austen G.
gilmer, TX
ORIGINAL REVIEW:

This foundation was not my cup of tea. For starters, I found the app very difficult to use and it took me several tries to get it to work.

Second, the shade is horrible and does not match me in the slightest. I'm not surprised by how bad the shade match is considering how hard the app was to use. It is way too dark for me, at least two shades, if not three or four, off. That's not the worst part though, because I could maybe get away with it when tanned, but the undertone is awful! I have rosacea and be warned, if you have redness in your skin they will send you a RED foundation. This foundation is so pink it's insane. I have redness on my face, yes, but I have neutral, leaning yellow, undertones. This has been a struggle when getting my foundation matched in stores as well. Wake up world! Redness does NOT EQUAL pink undertones.

Despite the horrible color match, I decided to try this out to see if maybe the formula could be the one redeeming quality- NOPE! It sucks too. This fits right in with Bare Minerals schtick of being natural though, I guess. Because it's very light coverage. It's not full coverage by any means. Not even medium. It was difficult to even tell on my skin, because all it did was emphasize the redness I was trying to cover... ya know... since they sent me a pink foundation.

I was super disappointed in this and I'm so glad I didn't spend any money on it. I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy.

In the photo you can see this foundation compared to three others I own. Top is Too Faced Born This Way in Snow which is slightly too light for me, second is Marc Jacobs Remarcable in Ivory 12 which is slightly too dark for me and then the bare minerals custom foundation, then on the bottom is NARS All Day Luminous in Gobi which is a perfect shade match for me.

UPDATE:

Bare Minerals offered to send me a new shade since the first one was so far off. After seeing how much they picked up the redness in my skin, I ONLY scanned my wrist this time. For each scan besides the paper, I just scanned the same area on my wrist so that I could have more control of the shade they sent me. I wanted to make sure it wasn't red/pink toned and that it was actually light enough.

This worked out well for me because the new shade was pretty much a perfect match. Having the correct shade I got to give this foundation another chance. I actually really liked the way it looked on my skin the second time I used it (with the correct shade). However, it is VERY LIGHT COVERAGE. My skin was actually pretty clear when I wore it. If I had been more broken out, I don't think this would have worked for me. It actually wore pretty well throughout the day. Since it is so light coverage, it doesn't look cakey at all and looks very natural on the skin.

Overall, I think the app sucks still and I'm wary of its ability to get a correct shade match, but I really liked how it looked on my skin. I think I'll save this for "no makeup" makeup looks and days when my skin doesn't need a full coverage foundation. I probably won't order it again, because I don't think such a light coverage foundation is worth $50.
Jessica E.
This foundation really shocked me today! Here are my final thoughts!

Coverage: This is a sheer-light coverage foundation. It covered what I needed it too while still showing my skin.

Finish: This has a natural/luminous finish. It's not matte at all, but it doesn't leave your face looking oily. It's very light weight on the skin. It can be alittle bit sticky feeling if you don't use a powder. I have oily skin and it still made my skin look naturally luminous without looking oily.

Wear: This foundation lasted about 8 hours on me before it started to come off alittle on my chin and around my nose, start to get alittle bit oily, and start to sheer out under my eyes. That's very very good! I didn't have to touch up powder throughout the day or anything like that. With my skin being oily, I wasn't thinking this foundation would last more than a couple hours.

Customized Color: I was alittle scared of having an app customize a color for me, but it got pretty close. With a foundation you don't want "pretty close" though. It matched me alittle too dark, so I'm sure I could contact them and they would match me again and send me a new one but it's just not worth the hassle. I can make this color work with a lighter concealer.

Price: This foundation is $49. I got mine for free courtesy of Influenster and bareMinerals. Is it worth it? Yes! If you're looking for a lightweight, everyday foundation that covers imperfections without being heavy, leaves skin looking naturally beautiful, and doesn't dry your skin out or make it oily... this is your foundation! Will I repurchase after this runs out? 100% yes! Everyone needs a "your skin but better" foundation in their collection. Most luminous/natural foundations leave my skin super oily, but not this one.
Jess Ari A.
Falfurrias, TX
I wanted to love this bareMinerals MADE-2-FIT Fresh Faced Liquid Foundation. The app appealed to me because I had seen a different brand that does something similar in store but for a good chunk of change. So when I saw the Bare Minerals Made to fit app I was excited. I did 2 different scans the first time as the app instructed and I placed my order. The bottle arrived in a timely manner and I loved that it had my name on it!
When I went to swatch it though it was literally 2 shades to dark. Mind you this formula is so sheer so I thought maybe it would work on my face. Nope. It was still dark enough to make me look a bit too tanned.
I contacted coustomer service to return it amd was told to keep it. The lady (who was so amazing and helpful which is the only reason Im rating 3 stars at all) instructed me to do 3 scans and reorder. Also that she would note to make it atleast 2 shades lighter.
When the new bottle arrived I was sorely disappointed. I swear it is almost the EXACT SAME SHADE as the first bottle! At this point I gave up. The formula feels good and I wouldve been ok with a super sheer foundation had it actually matched. I think maybe with a few improvements, like maybe selecting your coverage, or taking the swatch picture of the places you prefer to match (I usually do my chest and neck) I may try this app and foundation again.
Lola M.
The bareMinerals Made-2-Fit app is so easy to use. The app guides you step by step. All you do is tap and it finds your shade. I know!!!! Unbelievable but it's true.

It's so hard for me to find a good shade because I have a neutral undertone. And depending on the time of the year I'm either more yellow or more pink. My custom blended formula came on the more yellow tone. Which looks pretty good on me. I feel like I don't have to bronze my face when I'm wearing this custom blend foundation. All I do is use a concealer two shades lighter for my t zone area and I'm good to go.

For this app to create my custom blended formula so close to my overall skin tone I'm very impressed!

The bottle is beautiful I love it. It's a softly textured frosted glass with a rose gold cap and a white pump ❤ so fancy 💁‍♀️ it also has my name on it!!! OMG I feel so important.

Ok so regarding the coverage, I like a light to medium coverage and this Fresh Faced liquid foundation delivers on my medium coverage. I'm sure if I build it up I can get full coverage but I'm not looking for full coverage. The foundation also gives me a nice dewey natural look. I've applied this foundation with just my finger tips and it blends like a dream on my skin. I've also used a beauty blender and I love the results I get. The foundation doesn't feel sticky, dry nor greasy I honestly don't feel the foundation on my skin. It's as if I've applied a moisturizer.

As far as the app the foundation and the packaging go I have nothing negative to say. I'm just a little disappointed with the price. Bareminerals prices have always been on the more affordable range not cheap but not overly priced. With this bottle you are paying a highend price of $49. Yes the packaging is beautiful but you're paying for the packaging your name and you're also paying for the custome blend created just for you.
By the way you get 1 FL oz of foundation which is a normal amount.

I really do like this foundation when it's time for me to purchase my next bottle I will use the app again to get my custome blend for whatever time of the year it is.
Oh and before I end this review my quick tip for any oily t zone babe out there; I set my t zone with a translucent or setting powder ( by the way I LOVE the bareMinerals Invisible Light translucent powder) but you can use your favorite powder. After I set my t zone I can go on with my day without having to blot or set. bareMinerals MADE-2-FIT Fresh Faced Liquid Foundation
Yessenia d.
Mesa, AZ
Charlie T.
Oklahoma City, OK
Anyone else have to reorder due to bad shade match?
Danielle J.
Stephanie S.
Has anyone received their Made2Fit promotion code yet?
Rhiannon V.