BY BAREMINERALS #63 in Liquid Foundation

FRESH FACED FOUNDATION TEXTURE:

HOW DOES IT WORK?

Usage:

To apply with Luxe Performance Brush:

2. Pick up the foundation with your brush.

• I have very dry skin does this foundation cling to dry pa...36 Answers
  • Who all is excited about trying their new bareMinerals cu...3 Answers
  • Is anyone else promo code not working for the free bareMi...11 Answers
Dawn L.
Tunnelton, WV
I have seen Bare Minerals products and I have always wanted to try them. I had heard and read so many good things about this brand. I was so happy that Influenster and Bare Minerals gave me to test Bare Minerals Fresh Faced Liquid Foundation.
Bare Minerals Fresh Face Liquid Foundation Made 2 Fit is a liquid foundation custom made just for your skin. The app called Bare Minerals Made 2 Fit(it's in your app store). The app scans five areas of your face to customized the right shade for you.
Bare Minerals Fresh Face Liquid Foundation Made 2 Fit is a lightweight foundation that is formulated with minerals based ligaments to match your skin. It provides a natural radiant finish with nourishing ingredients to hydrate, smooth and have younger looking beautiful skin. There is White Lily Extract for revitalized healthy looking skin. Green Tea Extract for antioxidants benefits. Peptides which provides brighter and younger looking skin. Ceramics to attract and maintain moisture to your skin so it's nice and soft.
I loved using Bare Minerals Fresh Face Liquid Foundation Made 2 Fit. The bottle that the foundation comes in is so beautifully made. The bottle is sturdy, has your name and date marked right on the bottle. The pump it easy to dispense the foundation. The foundation blend quite well and for me it didn't take too much, but if you want extra coverage use a little more. Although I wish it came with a sponge, brush or an air sprayer. There was no scent to Bare Minerals Fresh Face Liquid Foundation. Me personally I don't like a foundation that smells. It feels lightweight, creamy and nice. Although the shade was just a little darker than my skin right. It will definitely will work in the summer. It did cover up most of my imperfections. Bare Minerals Fresh Face Foundation lasted all day and came off with ease when I washed my face. I definitely have to say that Bare Minerals Fresh Face Foundation is better than other foundations I've tried. I also would recommend Bare Minerals Fresh Face Foundation.
Angie P.
Fort worth, TX
Goodness, if I told you how excited I was over this foundation.... you would’ve cried for me, LOL! So... I’ll be honest In this review, I always am, but this product deserves a review.

The process:
The made2fit app that is supposed to detect your color is pleasing to the eye. The process itself is self explanatory and easy. It gets the color of several places of your body. Soooooo, the preview of the color they got looked a little darker, but none-the-less, my color. I was excited and impressed, at this point I was hopeful.

The product:
The box was pretty beat up, lol. The bottle is nice, easy pump, and quality material. Right off the bat, though, the color was too dark. Bam! Excitement gone. I put it on my hand and tried only a little bit and rubbed it in, and it kind of matched? You could tell it was just the darker shade. On my face, it was a different story. Too dark.

///EDIT: I would’ve sent it back, however we were told to give an honest review about the whole process and the foundation that came out of it therefore, I didn’t contact customer service to get a new code to redo this because at the end of the day I just didn’t like the formula.

This foundation is light coverage. You might need to layer if you don’t like that. I, personally, didn’t like the consistency of the foundation.
I tried to mix a lighter foundation with this one to see how it would wear through the day, and eh. It didn’t wear well on me. By the end of the day, I was spotty.
I’ve seen a lot of YouTube reviews on this product, it was long ago so I was hoping I wouldn’t have the same problem 😭

Hopefully someone else rocked it better. Lol.
Don’t get me wrong, if you have the right type of skin for this foundation, I’m sure it works.
I have combination.
Jessica S.
I received this complimentary from influents and bareMinerals to try out. First off the packaging is gorgeous and it actually was a decent match, lighter than what I would usually buy, (I can't accept how truly white I am I guess lol) I also think the app uses the lightest samples it takes from your skin to create your foundation. The packaging is beautiful and looks high end and I love that they print your name right on the bottle. So the foundation itself, at first I didn't think i was going to like it, I had to blend it out with a beauty blender (a brush didn't work at all for me). It is very sheer coverage kind of like a bb cream but easily build able. it blended out very nicely and wasn't patchy at all on me, you do need to set it with a powder, for me it was a little too dewey without. It feels weightless on your skin which I loved, I didn't mind that it was light coverage, that's what I usually go for anyway. Once I finished off my makeup I LOVED how it looked on my skin. my face looked flawless and not cakey at all. It also lasted ALL DAY and didn't budge i was very impressed with how it wore throughout the day and how it looked once i had all my makeup done.
Megan N.
Spring, TX
I received this product for free from Influenster. I was given a code and and went to the Made2Fit app to match my shade and received the foundation in a little over a week.
The app was fairly easy to use. It only takes a few minutes to complete and was pretty simple. The app had some issues when trying to check out as it was not accepting any address i put in, but it got resolved within a day by their customer support.
I got the foundation about a week later and lo and behold, like many others here, the shade was way off. I am usually the palest shade or 2nd palest shade in most foundations, but what I got was a super tan shade, about 7 or 8 shades too dark. It would have been nice if the app gave you information about your custom shade and if you needed to tweak the shade due to bad results. Inwoukdnt put it past myself to day user error might have been involved in creating my custom shade, but considering an overwhelming amount of people got the wrong shade, the shade customization needs some work.
Now, on to the product itself. It came in a cute bottle with my name on it, which wss nice. The bottle is glass with a matte type finish. Since the shade was dark, I still wanted to test it out. I used it twice, once with a white mixer and once without (and stayed at home admiring my orange face and scaring my cat). The product itself is fairly nice. It is a solid medium coverage foundation that can build up to full coverage. It wasn't too watery or too thick, and it had a nice finish. I paired it with the LA Girl white mixer and it looked normal on me, so I will keep using it. It had an ok lasting power, but broke up after a few hours of wear. I have better foundations that are the right shade, but this will make do for an ok backup to switch things up.
#Made2Fit #BMxM2F
Gisela M.
Tulsa, OK
I love personalized things, but this might be my favorite foundation! Thanks to @influenster I was able to test out the @bareminerals Made-2-Fit app and foundation, and I'm blown away by every aspect of this product. All you have to do is download the app, follow the instructions and essentially tap your phone's camera against your skin to gauge your skin tone, and somehow through some sort of witchcraft, this app can create your perfect foundation shade. The short shipping time alone was impressive, but it came in a very nice box as well as you can see in my picture. The bottle is gorgeous frosted glass with a slight rose gold top. The best part though? The bottle comes personalized with your name and a QR code to reorder your personal foundation shade. Genius! The foundation itself is amazing as well. I'd call it a beautiful finish, so right in between matte and dewy. It's perfect. I was honestly in awe of how 100% spot on it is.(my skin is super neutral) and slightly darker. The Made-2-Fit is a little dark compared to my neck, which is fixable, but I would include a neck swatch during the swatch test in the app in the future. I apply it with a damp RT sponge and it looks incredibly skin like, which is how I like my base. It doesn't oxidize and for being a satin foundation, doesn't migrate on my skin and lasts me all day. You can see how it looks on my porous skin in the pics, which thankfully this foundation doesn't emphasize. It covered my redness (broken capillaries shoutout!) fairly well too! If you're someone like me who has trouble getting a good foundation match I would definitely give this a shot. They have a great return policy too if you're not 100% happy as well. Thank you again for letting try this free! ❤️ #Made2Fit #BMxM2F #contest#complimentary @bareMinerals @influenster
Katlynn R.
Pittsburgh, PA
I really wanted to have a good experience with this product, but after THREE terrible matches, I just can't get behind this.

First of all, let me explain that I've used the MatchCo app and technology before; numerous times, in fact. I've used this app for months, and have always had great matches, and great experiences with the app. When I saw that bareMinerals was partnering with MatchCo, I was so hyped! I actually even tried the foundation process myself with a coupon I had for being a previous MatchCo customer.

I have fair skin with neutral undertones; I have normal skin, which can lean a bit drier, and I am not acne prone or sensitive. To be fair (HA! pun not intended), I do have a difficult time finding my perfect foundation shades, but I never had a problem with MatchCo. After I received my first bareMinerals MADE-2-FIT foundation (that I had paid for, mind you, before the Influenster campaign had even started), I was honestly shocked at how dark it was. It was easily 3-4 shades too dark for my skin and was orange. I asked for a refund, and the company suggested getting rematched, and sent me a code.

Shortly after, Influenster sent me a code to use to receive a complimentary match + foundation for my review, so I jumped on the bandwagon and used the Influenster code--bad idea. I got a slightly lighter, but still overwhelmingly dark foundation; we're talking not even in the ballpark of my skin tone, folks!

Upset again, I asked for another rematch, was sent a code, and tried again. Remember that I've been using the MatchCo app (which is the literally the same process in the same living space, under the same conditions) for months now. When this foundation arrived, it was slightly lighter than the second, definitely lighter than the first, but still way too dark and somehow very yellow? It makes me look sick, honestly.

At this point, I can't try it again; it's just way too much effort for what I'm getting. The foundation itself is lovely, but do yourself a favor and just purchase an existing bareMinerals color. I had better luck buying one of the colors they already made--go figure!
Morgan H.
Huntingdon Vy, PA
So for starters I was super excited to be involved in this vox box and able to review this foundation. The cons for me are simply the process of them matching your shade. Unfortunately, the shade I was sent was at least 5-6 shades too dark for my skin tone, therefore I was unable to actually take photos of myself in the foundation for reviewing purposes. I did reach out to bareMinerals regarding the issue and let them know how long until I needed to submit my review and how I really wanted to be able to give it a fair review. While they did respond to me fairly quickly and told me they would be happy to send me out a new foundation and to go through the whole process again with a new code. I did so as I was exactly instructed by them but to my dismay I never received the product. I truly pushed this review off as long as I possibly could and was unable to get a shade that matched. With that being said, I did like the overall formula of the foundation. I have dry, sensitive skin and while this is definitely not a dewy foundation, I was able to make it look dewy on my skin from both a glowy-hydrating primer and a little fix plus. If the color wasn’t so off I really think I would have enjoyed this foundation for a day-to-day basis. It has good coverage but not full if that is what you are searching for. It is buildable though to about a medium coverage which I was happy with. I like that your skin is still able to shine through the foundation and it isn’t like wearing a mask of makeup. That being said- the foundation is $50 to go through the entire process of matching, etc. I reluctantly must say that I don’t think it is worth the money regardless of if they allow you to try again if the foundation is not the right shade. I just feel that the technology used to match your skin tone isn’t accurate enough to truly give you “your exact shade match.” It is just too much money for a foundation that really isn’t guaranteed to be your perfect match, let alone match your skin tone at all. I think that if the technology was somehow updated to more accurately match your skin tone that then it could potentially be worth the money. I am by no means saying this is a bad foundation. I love the idea of it and was hoping that I would have a successful run with it. But based on my own personal experience I wouldn’t spend the money on it just to possibly get a foundation again that is 5-6 shades too dark for me. It was even too dark for me to use as a liquid bronzer as the undertone was off by miles. I received this foundation complimentary for testing and reviewing purposes from Influenster.
Jen B.
Louisville, KY
Where do I start with this foundation?!

The Process:
I used the bareMinerals Made-2-Fit App to get my customized shade. The app was simple to use and the video instructions made following along very simple. Basically, you calibrate your phone against white sheets of paper, and then you scan your wrist and 5 spots on your face. A voice guides you during the whole procedure. In sum, the process is very simple and the app formulates your perfect shade.

The Product:
I AM ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE!!!! I received this product in exchange for my honest review and I will say, the shade was not exactly “my match” however that’s because I have an EXTREMELY white neck and no foundation can ever match otherwise I’d look extremely pale. However, this foundation does look absolutely stunning on me and does match my face and the rest of my body. The formula is superb. Up until bareMinerals Made-2-Fit I have been using Makeup Forever’s Ultra HD foundation and honestly bareMinerals lasted longer/looked better with more than 16 hours on my face... I apply this with a beauty blender and finish off with Laura Mercier setting powder & no touch ups needed! In regards to the packaging, the foundation arrived in the cutest box/bottle and I’m a huge fan of the fact that the bottle is personalized with my name on it. Additionally, the bottle also has a date stamp when it was formulated. I personally think that the formula also has a hint of a citrus smell which I enjoyed along with the matte finish and glowing look the formula gives.

Overall, I am definitely beyond satisfied and I will most certainly repurchase bareMinerals Made-2-Fit Fresh Faced liquid foundation again. My tip? If it’s not the right shade fix it up with some bronzer.
Holly D.
Dickson City, PA
This is such an innovative and fun way for makeup lovers to find that absolute perfect match...in foundation, of course! I was honestly extremely skeptical prior to trying this out. I have super sensitive skin that reacts to a lot of makeups, plus have a skin tone that is difficult to find a good fit (as in I have one foundation that actually works perfectly for my skin tone, and all others I’ve tried - a bunch! - just seem to be a little off in one way or another.

How it works: you download the associated app, make sure you’re makeup-free, and follow the super simple instructions to create your perfect foundation color all from the comfort of your own home (I personally was in my jammies for this makeup shopping experience). Then you order and wait! Mine came pretty quickly, and I was so excited to try it out when it arrived, especially because the bottle has my name on it.

Product details: this honestly matched my skin tone PERFECTLY! As in it might even blend better than that one foundation I mentioned earlier that’s the only one that matches me well. My skin is super light with a hint of olive, which is difficult to find. Don’t fret though, this simple app really works! The product comes in a bottle with your name on it! It’s a study bottle too, which is nice since I tend to throw my makeup bag around and carry it with me a lot. The product itself is really nice. No odd smell, in fact I don’t even think it has a scent at all which is awesome! It glides on so smoothly and blends perfectly with your skin tone. The only con for me personally is that it’s more of a medium coverage foundation, and I tend to prefer more high coverage since I break out a decent amount. However, I will say that it’s hands down the best medium coverage foundation I’ve tried!

Personal wishes: it’s basically perfect. I think it’d be even more perfect if you could really customize it further and choose the amount of coverage you want (I’d totally purchase this if I could have high/full coverage in my perfect match foundation!)
Jenny S.
El Dorado Spg, MO
I was very hesitant to see how the app would match this foundation to my skin, especially since it said not to scan my skin in natural lighting. I received my foundation in probably 3 weeks or so, but that's not a big deal. It came in a very nice package that held my foundation like you see makeup gurus receive for PR. The bottle is a perfect weight, somewhat heavy but not too heavy.. But it's glass. I know a lot of people love glass bottles, I personally am just not a huge fan because of the risk of them breaking while traveling... Plus, I'm really clumsy and good at breaking stuff. Now, on to the product. It took about a minute of solid pumping for me to get any product out of the bottle, which isn't  huge deal, but still something I like to note. When the product finally came out, I was worried. Then once I smeared a streak on my cheek, I was really scared. It was very yellow toned, which I am not a huge fan of. Once I started to blend it out though, all of the yellowness disappeared and the foundation melted into my face beautifully. It definitely is an almost perfect, if not spot on, match. Now, on most days, especially in these winter months, I prefer a medium to full coverage foundation. This foundation claims to be sheer to medium coverage, but it is definitely more on the sheer end. It really doesn't cover any blemishes or freckles whatsoever. This foundation is so lightweight that you cannot feel it on whatsoever, which is great. It also seems to wear very very nicely. Overall, this is a good foundation. I look forward to wearing it in the Summer months and seeing how it does since I do prefer a fuller coverage foundation in the winter.
Erica S.
Boone
ĊĿĀŪƉĪĀ P.
New Castle , DE
Megan C.
Acushnet, MA
Heather C.
Washington, DC
My app won't recognize DC as a state for shipping - any suggestions?
Yessenia d.