BY BAREMINERALS

FRESH FACED FOUNDATION TEXTURE:

HOW DOES IT WORK?

Usage:

To apply with Luxe Performance Brush:

2. Pick up the foundation with your brush.

• I have very dry skin does this foundation cling to dry pa...36 Answers
  • Who all is excited about trying their new bareMinerals cu...3 Answers
  • Is anyone else promo code not working for the free bareMi...11 Answers
Emily D.
Morris Plains, NJ
-IN SHORT-
Pros: color match is amazing, great natural coverage formula, glass bottle with a pump.
Cons: breaks apart, oil comes through if not touched up, clings to some dry patches.

I wanted this to be the perfect foundation, but unfortunately it wasn't. The app used to match your skin tone was GREAT! So easy to use, super accurate, and placing an order on my phone has never been easier. The foundation was the perfect shade and I loved that it was personalized. However, the wear time of this foundation is super meh. I have combo skin and I do not like a full coverage look so one pump is enough for me, but I found that even after setting it with powder, it began to break apart later in the day, my forehead grey kind of oily, and it clung to dry patches. This is a beautiful concept, and the skin match is so perfect on my Native American/Italian yellow toned skin, so I continue to use it, but I wouldn't say its the best.

Sarah C.
Maricopa, AZ
I’m really bummed to give this a 1 Star review. I think the concept is amazing, but it just doesn’t work. The app was easy enough to use. The product shipped out very quickly. My name was on the bottle.....such a cool thing right?!?!?! The foundation I received was WAY too dark. Like I’m talking not even close. Probably more than 6 shades darker than my skin tone. This was disappointing. I couldn’t even try it on. All I could do was swatch it. I will say the formula seems like it was very nice. I actually contacted bare minerals customer service and they sent me a reorder code. I followed the scanning instructions again. Again I was super excited when the new box arrived. Again I when so disappointed when I opened the second box. Although this bottle was much lighter than the first one, it was still way to dark for me. This was where I threw in the towel. Thank goodness I received this foundation complementary because of I had paid the $49 price tag, I’d be livid at this point. I’m not sure what can be done to improve this system. My suggestion is that the end user should also have to upload a selfie in addition to the scans. This way if the scans prove otherwise, bare minerals can clearly see the formula will not match the person and they could have them rescan before they ship out a bottle of the wrong color to them.
Sarah H.
First one they sent me was about 10 shades too dark! Customer service was great though! They gave me a code to void the cost of a replacement and asked that I rescanned three times before submitting. Bingo! It’s fabulous! The best match color wise I have used! It’s a great formula as well, but not for my complexion. I’m T zone oily and it did not sit well at all. I tried a few different primers with the same results. I still use it for short days. For me it is not a “day to night” product. I’m happy though! Every beauty product has its place! I can use the darker bottle for contouring this summer after a bit of a tan! Thanks Influenster!
Camila H.
Saugus, MA
I was so excited to be part of this voxbox! Imagine a perfect match for foundation, who does not want that? I was sent my shade in January, but unfortunately it was dark for me, maybe a summer shade. So Bareminerals were nice enough to accept another scan from the app in order to get a better match! I did a few scans and they sent me another bottle last week! I tried that and was much better but still a tiny bit darker, but I still use it because when I do concealer it gets a little lighter! As for the formula, that is why I gave 4 out of five stars, I love the formula! I have combination dry skin and this makes my skin look so good, natural and gives a natural glow! The coverage is medium but still feels like my skin can breath! As for packaging, how adorable, my name on the bottle! Really nice touch to the product, also the bottle is glass which I prefer. Overall I had a good experience with the foundation and would recommend!
Maritza M.
First I will review the app
Pros: it was really easy to use and sort of fun scanning my skin. I was able to see that each part of my face scanned a slightly different color.
Cons: I wasn't able to download it on my phone but I was able to use a friend's. I also wish that the app would tell you want skin tone and shade range it scanned you as at the end.
Second I will review the formula
Pros: the formula is light coverage similar to a CC cream but can be built up while still look natural. The finish is also very natural when set with powder it has a soft matte finish. It color corrects my redness pretty well. The color match was perfect for me. Last all day.
Cons: it is a little too thick for my taste but if you add a drop of facial oil it becomes the perfect consistency for me. It can cling to pores so don't skip on primer.
Shelly A.
San Diego, CA
This foundation system is fantastic! You download the free, easy to use app, follow instructions (must need white paper and natural light), and the app uses your phone's camera to match you! In full transparency, I did receive the foundation free as part of an influenster vox box, but it does match my skin perfectly! The foundation is THICK but it blends easily and it's a natural finish- neither exceptionally matte or dewy. Lasting time is great and it's been accepted by my super sensitive skin no problem. Love this!
Kristin G.
Charlotte, NC
First of all, I think the whole idea surrounding the Made-2-Fit app is really innovative and surprisingly accurate. The app was very easy to use, just make sure you are in natural light to get the most accurate color match. I must say I was skeptical, but the foundation I received was actually a really great match for my skin tone. The foundation itself is light-med coverage with a dewy finish. The reason I don’t give it 5 stars is that the foundation really started to break apart around my Tzone after about 5-6hrs of wear. If you’re looking for a natural foundation and aren’t too oily I think you would enjoy this.
Maria R.
I’m so fortunate that I received this bareMinerals product for free for testing purposes from Influenster! This fabulous foundation shade was formulated just for me by bareMinerals. This is truly a revolutionary product & process. The Made-2-Fit app has officially eliminated all the hassles of purchasing a foundation. The app easily & clearly throughout the entire short process. You can conveniently do this from home. Such a futuristic beauty process. The bottle comes personalized, they place your name on the front & back of the bottle - this $49 product is completely worth the money.
Heather B.
New Riegel, OH
I was very excited to receive and try my new foundation! I mean it was custom mixed and has my name on it who wouldn’t be! Well to use the app isn’t too hard and can be done in the comfort of your home make sure you have good lighting. I did experience some problems as it said my address couldn’t be validated so after 20 minutes of signing off and on and deleting and putting it in again finally it processed and was a relief.
Now on to the foundation it’s self as I waited like a kid on Christmas to receive I couldn’t wait to try! So the day I saw the box I opened it and squirt some on my hand and was like oh no...this is tan and I’m a ghost. So I blended and blended and no luck so I went an put some on my face. Key thing a little goes a long way, if you use too much you become an umpa-lumpa!
The consistency is creamy and smooth! It works great with a damp beauty blender and the way it is dispensed on squirt will cover your whole face with full coverage.
I received this item free from Influenster for reviewing purposes.
Crystal W.
Let’s start with the packaging, it’s a very sleek bottle and looks very high quality. Not to mention how cool that it has your name on it! I applied it over my typical color correcting primer, I am someone who needs full coverage for redness (eczema) the first layer covers nearly all but I did have to add a little more but it is easily buildable! When I finished putting it on I realized how amazing the color was! I didn’t have to bring it down onto my neck at all because of how PERFECT the color matched. Some foundations don’t do well when you add powder on, especially with a beauty blender it can get cakey but this looks really great with my airspun translucent powder. It’s also very long lasting, wears all day into the night. Overall a great foundation and I would definitely buy it for myself! I’ll put a picture below to show how no redness is coming through and how amazing the color match is!
Erica S.
Bostic, NC
ĊĿĀŪƉĪĀ P.
New Castle , DE
Megan C.
Acushnet , MA
Heather C.
My app won't recognize DC as a state for shipping - any suggestions?
Ciera N.
Myrtle Beach, SC
I received the code in my email and I just received it at 1:01 today and it is 3:26 and I have tried to enter the code in and it didn't work .... did the 2000 people use the code that quick ???