BY BAREMINERALS #31 in Liquid Foundation

FRESH FACED FOUNDATION TEXTURE:

HOW DOES IT WORK?

Usage:

To apply with Luxe Performance Brush:

2. Pick up the foundation with your brush.

• Is anyone else promo code not working for the free bareMi...11 Answers
  • Who all is excited about trying their new bareMinerals cu...2 Answers
  • Waiting on my code also....4 Answers
Dawn L.
Tunnelton, WV
I have seen Bare Minerals products and I have always wanted to try them. I had heard and read so many good things about this brand. I was so happy that Influenster and Bare Minerals gave me to test Bare Minerals Fresh Faced Liquid Foundation.
Bare Minerals Fresh Face Liquid Foundation Made 2 Fit is a liquid foundation custom made just for your skin. The app called Bare Minerals Made 2 Fit(it's in your app store). The app scans five areas of your face to customized the right shade for you.
Bare Minerals Fresh Face Liquid Foundation Made 2 Fit is a lightweight foundation that is formulated with minerals based ligaments to match your skin. It provides a natural radiant finish with nourishing ingredients to hydrate, smooth and have younger looking beautiful skin. There is White Lily Extract for revitalized healthy looking skin. Green Tea Extract for antioxidants benefits. Peptides which provides brighter and younger looking skin. Ceramics to attract and maintain moisture to your skin so it's nice and soft.
I loved using Bare Minerals Fresh Face Liquid Foundation Made 2 Fit. The bottle that the foundation comes in is so beautifully made. The bottle is sturdy, has your name and date marked right on the bottle. The pump it easy to dispense the foundation. The foundation blend quite well and for me it didn't take too much, but if you want extra coverage use a little more. Although I wish it came with a sponge, brush or an air sprayer. There was no scent to Bare Minerals Fresh Face Liquid Foundation. Me personally I don't like a foundation that smells. It feels lightweight, creamy and nice. Although the shade was just a little darker than my skin right. It will definitely will work in the summer. It did cover up most of my imperfections. Bare Minerals Fresh Face Foundation lasted all day and came off with ease when I washed my face. I definitely have to say that Bare Minerals Fresh Face Foundation is better than other foundations I've tried. I also would recommend Bare Minerals Fresh Face Foundation.
Nicky S.
Iowa City, IA
Trying this foundation has been one of the most unique and innovative makeup experiences I have ever come across. I'm ecstatic that Influentser chose me to test this product and app, because I never would have found it on my own. It is such a cool concept. The app, though glitchy when everyone was first trying to redeem their coupons, was pretty easy to use. They give you step by step instructions on how to scan your face for the perfect match. It's pretty hard to mess up, but even if you do, it's easy to start over. I would recommend having the 5 sheets of white paper that the app asks for out before you begin, and scanning your face in front of a mirror so you can see what you're doing. This also works best in a well lit room. It is pretty easy to place your order in the app and to view it under your account information. After ordering, all you have to do is sit back and wait for bareMinerals to blend your custom shade of foundation. My box arrived pretty quickly, but the anticipation I felt to see the product made it feel longer. The packaging was quite lovely. It was like the product was being presenting to me in a neat little display. My name and the date it was created were even printed on the bottle. This made it feel even more customized to me. The match may not have been exact (they never are), but it was actually the closest I have ever seen. They definitely did a better job than the makeup person at the store. I like that the app lets you know if your scan is over 30 days old and recommends that you scan your face again because skin tone can vary over time. $49 may not be cheap, but I was amazed that it didn't cost more. bareMinerals creates a custom blend for each person who orders their "MADE-2-FIT Fresh Faced Liquid Foundation", so I would expect it to cost a lot more than this. This foundation has a light coverage, but can be built up. It feels light on the skin, so you won't feel weighed down throughout the day. With sensitive skin, I am grateful that this brand is more natural and is careful not to include any ingredients that would risk irritation. I have had no issues with this foundation so far. The concept for this product is too clever, and I can't wait to see where they'll go next. Maybe they'll create a concealer! Overall, I loved it. I would highly recommend this product to anyone who is fed up with foundations that don't match their skin tone.
Brooke K.
I’d first like to say that getting a color match for this foundation was as simple as it gets. I followed all of the commands to a tee, and although my young kids probably thought I was crazy as I sat there tapping the phone camera against my skin, it worked like a charm for me. I had absolutely no issues from the app & found it very easy to navigate and understand.

I was skeptical, I’ll be honest. I wasn’t sure the process would work. If I didn’t receive a code to get this product for free, I never would have been able to trust a true color match based on the app. I am here to say, however, that it’s okay to drop $40 on this foundation — the process works. I would repurchase. In fact, I most likely will.

I received my bottle in the mail rather quickly. Speaking of the bottle, it’s a beautifully packaged foundation — love love the matte frosted finish and the fact that the label has my name printed on it. Nothing makes a product feel more personal than having it personalized...unless of course the foundation color is perfectly matched to your skin tone. :) I also like the pump feature. I have used a $6 bottle of Walmart foundation forever, which is just an open top. I haven’t been used to a fancy foundation and I’m liking the change.

The color match was exceptional for me, I am very pleased. I use a beauty blender for application and a little goes a long way. The coverage is very light, which is also a plus for me. I mostly use foundation to even out my skin tone, which has some areas of redness, and this does exactly that. I am not trying to hide acne prone skin, so this may not have worked if I needed it for that. I like how it feels like I’m not wearing makeup, I can’t do heavy/cakey feeling wear. This foundation is light and gives me a Dewey complexion without feeling or looking oily, I like this.

So far I’ve used this product twice for an all day wear. I am pleased this far with the results and I see myself purchasing again in the future. I feel like this bottle should last quite awhile, as a small amount goes a long way.
Ginjer R.
Westminster, CO
When I was given the opportunity to test out the bareMinerals MADE-2-FIT Fresh Faced Liquid Foundation I was extremely skeptical about the idea of an app that can scan your skin tone to determine your perfect foundation match, especially since I’m super pale and have a hard time finding a match on my own, so I can’t say I was surprised when it turned out too dark and too warm. Despite the color difference, I still tried it out and I must say I was genuinely impressed with the formula! It feels buttery soft without being greasy or heavy on my skin so I don’t feel like it would break me out or make my skin angry. The coverage isn’t the fullest but it’s easily buildable and blends really nicely — I found the best application method for me is bouncing it on with Beauty Blender dampened with warm water because it melts right into my skin. I love the natural, dewy finish so much I could potentially see it being wearable without powder. The packaging is gorgeous as well — frosted glass bottle with a gold mirror-finish cap — and it has a really nice pump mechanism (my favorite!) that gives you a bit of control over the amount of product dispensed. I think the most exciting part was seeing my name printed on the bottle because it feels personal and I know it was made just for me! Honestly the price is a little high compared to what I’m comfortable with, but I love the formula so much that if I could actually get a perfect match I’d be more than willing to pay $50 for the bottle. For reference I normally wear Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation in Light 42 Neutral and I’ve contacted the company to see if it’s possible to get a comparable shade, in which case I will gladly purchase another bottle so I can properly test its wear and give an updated review for anyone with a similar skin tone!
Morgan H.
Huntingdon Vy, PA
So for starters I was super excited to be involved in this vox box and able to review this foundation. The cons for me are simply the process of them matching your shade. Unfortunately, the shade I was sent was at least 5-6 shades too dark for my skin tone, therefore I was unable to actually take photos of myself in the foundation for reviewing purposes. I did reach out to bareMinerals regarding the issue and let them know how long until I needed to submit my review and how I really wanted to be able to give it a fair review. While they did respond to me fairly quickly and told me they would be happy to send me out a new foundation and to go through the whole process again with a new code. I did so as I was exactly instructed by them but to my dismay I never received the product. I truly pushed this review off as long as I possibly could and was unable to get a shade that matched. With that being said, I did like the overall formula of the foundation. I have dry, sensitive skin and while this is definitely not a dewy foundation, I was able to make it look dewy on my skin from both a glowy-hydrating primer and a little fix plus. If the color wasn’t so off I really think I would have enjoyed this foundation for a day-to-day basis. It has good coverage but not full if that is what you are searching for. It is buildable though to about a medium coverage which I was happy with. I like that your skin is still able to shine through the foundation and it isn’t like wearing a mask of makeup. That being said- the foundation is $50 to go through the entire process of matching, etc. I reluctantly must say that I don’t think it is worth the money regardless of if they allow you to try again if the foundation is not the right shade. I just feel that the technology used to match your skin tone isn’t accurate enough to truly give you “your exact shade match.” It is just too much money for a foundation that really isn’t guaranteed to be your perfect match, let alone match your skin tone at all. I think that if the technology was somehow updated to more accurately match your skin tone that then it could potentially be worth the money. I am by no means saying this is a bad foundation. I love the idea of it and was hoping that I would have a successful run with it. But based on my own personal experience I wouldn’t spend the money on it just to possibly get a foundation again that is 5-6 shades too dark for me. It was even too dark for me to use as a liquid bronzer as the undertone was off by miles. I received this foundation complimentary for testing and reviewing purposes from Influenster.
Katlynn R.
Pittsburgh, PA
I really wanted to have a good experience with this product, but after THREE terrible matches, I just can't get behind this.

First of all, let me explain that I've used the MatchCo app and technology before; numerous times, in fact. I've used this app for months, and have always had great matches, and great experiences with the app. When I saw that bareMinerals was partnering with MatchCo, I was so hyped! I actually even tried the foundation process myself with a coupon I had for being a previous MatchCo customer.

I have fair skin with neutral undertones; I have normal skin, which can lean a bit drier, and I am not acne prone or sensitive. To be fair (HA! pun not intended), I do have a difficult time finding my perfect foundation shades, but I never had a problem with MatchCo. After I received my first bareMinerals MADE-2-FIT foundation (that I had paid for, mind you, before the Influenster campaign had even started), I was honestly shocked at how dark it was. It was easily 3-4 shades too dark for my skin and was orange. I asked for a refund, and the company suggested getting rematched, and sent me a code.

Shortly after, Influenster sent me a code to use to receive a complimentary match + foundation for my review, so I jumped on the bandwagon and used the Influenster code--bad idea. I got a slightly lighter, but still overwhelmingly dark foundation; we're talking not even in the ballpark of my skin tone, folks!

Upset again, I asked for another rematch, was sent a code, and tried again. Remember that I've been using the MatchCo app (which is the literally the same process in the same living space, under the same conditions) for months now. When this foundation arrived, it was slightly lighter than the second, definitely lighter than the first, but still way too dark and somehow very yellow? It makes me look sick, honestly.

At this point, I can't try it again; it's just way too much effort for what I'm getting. The foundation itself is lovely, but do yourself a favor and just purchase an existing bareMinerals color. I had better luck buying one of the colors they already made--go figure!
Devon B.
Omaha, NE
*Disclaimer: I received this product via Influenster VoxBox for testing purposes*
Opinions are all my ownregardless of how I came across product. Not sponsored.

While a great concept to use your mobile phone, camera, and some white paper to customize the "perfect" foundation shade for you, there were many issues that I had with this process and the finished product.

First, you have to scan at least 6 pieces of white paper to start out completely fresh. Once your phone has been calibrated, it will prompt you to scan certain parts of your face until it is completely scanned. Seems foolproof right?

The app kept crashing and stalling so it took me about an hour to finally finish with the scanning process. I then proceeded to check out and then the system did not want to accept my promo code, so I had to start over yet again to finish the process. I put in my address and all was fine, until I received the product.

I was so excited to see if all of the trouble I went through to get my "custom shade" was worth it. Spoiler alert, it was not. The foundation I received was waaaaay too dark and waaaaay too yellow for my skin. Thinking it was just the lighting, I checked several other forms of lighting and ran into the same issue - foundation that was too yellow and too dark. I didn't have high hopes as I used my smart phone to scan my face, but I was instantly let down that I had wasted over an hour to get the scans done correctly.

I will say though some upsides to the product was the package it came in. It was packaged neatly and very well to prevent breaking of the bottle. The formula is super soft and creamy and blends like a dream. The glass bottle feels, and looks luxurious and it even has your name on the front of the bottle.
Ashley S.
Y'all, I don't even know where to start with this. I guess I should say that bareMinerals was one of my first "adult" makeup purchases. I remember buying their powder foundation at ULTA and being in love with it. In fact I still use that foundation 15+ years later. I have a multitude of other products from them as well. Ranging from loose eyeshadows, pressed shadows, lip colors and blushes.  It's easy to say that I love the brand. I trust it, I know I can usually find my shade in their lineup.

So when I was asked by Influenster to try out bare Minerals new Made-2-Fit foundation, I was excited. Foundation matching in the comfort of my home? Yes Please! I downloaded the app and went through the song and dance of being color matched. The app was easy to use, with clear instructions. Based on the colored blob it showed me, on my phone screen, it seemed like it would be close match. As much as you can tell based on a screen picture. I put it in my cart and waited for my special code so I could get it for free.

All seemed well till I got my code. When I went back into the app it crashed. Continually. When it didn't crash all I would see is a white screen. I deleted the app and re-downloaded it close to 20 times. When I would reopen it, directly after downloading it again, it would show me the app properly, but when I'd go to my cart, it would once again crash. Leaving me with errors every time I reopened it, unless I did the delete/download dance. I went to my husband with the issue, as he has some background in coding. He's assumption was there was an issue with the app reading what was in my cart. That maybe the "hold time" on the item expired, but didn't get dropped from the cart properly, so it was throwing errors. Awesome. So I had to create a whole new account to work around this issue. I then redid the color matching process in natural light. The coloring seemed off from the color blob it showed when I was done. So then I went to different lighting in my house and had the same issue. I finally found an area of natural but defused light and the match seemed okay. I sent off my order and waited.

Today my box showed up. I eagerly opened to be greeted by a bottle that looked a bit too dark. But we all know that the colors inside the bottles lie. So I opened it up and just about choked on my laughter as I looked at a color that was nowhere close to correct. And I don't mean a color that was maybe a bit too warm or too orange. I mean I color that isn't even remotely close to being mine.

Now of course this could be chocked up to user error. But I'm not an idiot. I read all the instructions and walked through it numerous times. I used correct lighting. Cleaned the camera off. Took off my phone case so the camera could easily touch my skin. The first color match I got, before the app crapped out, seemed like it would be close to something I could wear. This color seems to almost be spot on to the color of my freckles. Which is odd, because I did my best to pick areas that were clear of freckles.

So here we are. I have a foundation that I can't even pretend to use. Does it feel good on? No idea! Does it wear well? Maybe. Does it work with my skin type? Who knows! So now I have to get in touch with bare Minerals to see what to do, because I got this for free, but they do also have a color match guarantee.This is so ridiculous that I can't do anything but laugh. It happens. And hopefully it can be fixed. Especially on the app side, because the idea is very cool. Even if it was causing major issues for me.

So for now I have to give it a lower rating. I hope I can come back and change that in the future.

---------------------------------------------------

Update: 4-3-18

I contacted Bare Minerals to let them know about the issue and they were kind enough to give me a re-order code so I could do the process again. Their customer service was very nice and helpful and I appreciate the survey that they requested to better help this with the app, as hopefully they are taking feedback on issues to heart.

After getting the second code I went off to re-scan my face. Again I followed all of the steps, all of the instructions, used the proper lighting. I ran through the process the 3 times they asked. I even had my husband watching over me to make sure I was holding my phone at the correct distance and hitting good, clear spots. Yet again, the color match felt off. Though it seemed better than what I had gotten last time. So off I went to use the replacement code.

Now here's something that bothered me. The first time around it took a day or two after purchase for the product to show as ready for shipping. Which is totally fine and what I'd expect for a custom matched and made product. The second time through I got a shipping number within a few hours. For something that is supposed to be custom made, that felt like a rush and it didn't necessarily make me feel hopeful about how custom this actually is.

When I got the replacement bottle I knew instantly, before even putting it on my skin that it wasn't right. It was still dark and nowhere close to my skin tone. Compared to the original bottle it was a lighter shade. So there's that I guess. But it's still not wearable.

At this point I haven't contacted Bare Minerals again because I'm just over it. Clearly this app does not work for me. Plus I just got a new phone and they don't offer the app for it anyways. So it's not like I could re-do it a third time even if I wanted to. And here's the thing. I'm not an idiot. This is not user error, which is what this will be marked as. I can follow directions. I can do as I'm told. One time I might be be, but two times...no. I did everything correctly and got off shades twice. At this point, after racking my brain over what could be the cause, my best answer is my freckled pigmentation. That the phone must be picking up on that and not my actual skin tone. That's the best I, my husband, and friends could come up with.

Overall this was disappointing. The idea is innovative and smart. It looks like it works for some women. But clearly there's some issues that need to be worked out. And I hope they will, because I like Bare Minerals and I like the idea of color matching at home.
Austen G.
Gilmer, TX
ORIGINAL REVIEW:

This foundation was not my cup of tea. For starters, I found the app very difficult to use and it took me several tries to get it to work.

Second, the shade is horrible and does not match me in the slightest. I'm not surprised by how bad the shade match is considering how hard the app was to use. It is way too dark for me, at least two shades, if not three or four, off. That's not the worst part though, because I could maybe get away with it when tanned, but the undertone is awful! I have rosacea and be warned, if you have redness in your skin they will send you a RED foundation. This foundation is so pink it's insane. I have redness on my face, yes, but I have neutral, leaning yellow, undertones. This has been a struggle when getting my foundation matched in stores as well. Wake up world! Redness does NOT EQUAL pink undertones.

Despite the horrible color match, I decided to try this out to see if maybe the formula could be the one redeeming quality- NOPE! It sucks too. This fits right in with Bare Minerals schtick of being natural though, I guess. Because it's very light coverage. It's not full coverage by any means. Not even medium. It was difficult to even tell on my skin, because all it did was emphasize the redness I was trying to cover... ya know... since they sent me a pink foundation.

I was super disappointed in this and I'm so glad I didn't spend any money on it. I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy.

In the photo you can see this foundation compared to three others I own. Top is Too Faced Born This Way in Snow which is slightly too light for me, second is Marc Jacobs Remarcable in Ivory 12 which is slightly too dark for me and then the bare minerals custom foundation, then on the bottom is NARS All Day Luminous in Gobi which is a perfect shade match for me.

UPDATE:

Bare Minerals offered to send me a new shade since the first one was so far off. After seeing how much they picked up the redness in my skin, I ONLY scanned my wrist this time. For each scan besides the paper, I just scanned the same area on my wrist so that I could have more control of the shade they sent me. I wanted to make sure it wasn't red/pink toned and that it was actually light enough.

This worked out well for me because the new shade was pretty much a perfect match. Having the correct shade I got to give this foundation another chance. I actually really liked the way it looked on my skin the second time I used it (with the correct shade). However, it is VERY LIGHT COVERAGE. My skin was actually pretty clear when I wore it. If I had been more broken out, I don't think this would have worked for me. It actually wore pretty well throughout the day. Since it is so light coverage, it doesn't look cakey at all and looks very natural on the skin.

Overall, I think the app sucks still and I'm wary of its ability to get a correct shade match, but I really liked how it looked on my skin. I think I'll save this for "no makeup" makeup looks and days when my skin doesn't need a full coverage foundation. I probably won't order it again, because I don't think such a light coverage foundation is worth $50.
Jessica E.
This foundation really shocked me today! Here are my final thoughts!

Coverage: This is a sheer-light coverage foundation. It covered what I needed it too while still showing my skin.

Finish: This has a natural/luminous finish. It's not matte at all, but it doesn't leave your face looking oily. It's very light weight on the skin. It can be alittle bit sticky feeling if you don't use a powder. I have oily skin and it still made my skin look naturally luminous without looking oily.

Wear: This foundation lasted about 8 hours on me before it started to come off alittle on my chin and around my nose, start to get alittle bit oily, and start to sheer out under my eyes. That's very very good! I didn't have to touch up powder throughout the day or anything like that. With my skin being oily, I wasn't thinking this foundation would last more than a couple hours.

Customized Color: I was alittle scared of having an app customize a color for me, but it got pretty close. With a foundation you don't want "pretty close" though. It matched me alittle too dark, so I'm sure I could contact them and they would match me again and send me a new one but it's just not worth the hassle. I can make this color work with a lighter concealer.

Price: This foundation is $49. I got mine for free courtesy of Influenster and bareMinerals. Is it worth it? Yes! If you're looking for a lightweight, everyday foundation that covers imperfections without being heavy, leaves skin looking naturally beautiful, and doesn't dry your skin out or make it oily... this is your foundation! Will I repurchase after this runs out? 100% yes! Everyone needs a "your skin but better" foundation in their collection. Most luminous/natural foundations leave my skin super oily, but not this one.
Yessenia d.
Mesa, AZ
Charlie T.
Oklahoma City, OK
Anyone else have to reorder due to bad shade match?
Danielle J.
Stephanie S.
Has anyone received their Made2Fit promotion code yet?
Rhiannon V.