BY BAREMINERALS #76 in Liquid Foundation

FRESH FACED FOUNDATION TEXTURE:

HOW DOES IT WORK?

Usage:

To apply with Luxe Performance Brush:

2. Pick up the foundation with your brush.

• I have very dry skin does this foundation cling to dry pa...36 Answers
  • Who all is excited about trying their new bareMinerals cu...3 Answers
  • Is anyone else promo code not working for the free bareMi...11 Answers
Sam S.
O Fallon, MO
I got this foundation for free after participating in a virtual VoxBox challenge. I really wanted to love this product so bad, especially after seeing so many different beauty influencers say the like it. But, I didn't. The app must have thought I was a lot more yellow than what I am because my foundation a bit too yellow for my skin. I couldn't believe it. It's like a $50 foundation and it came out too yellow for me to the point where I can barely wear it. I have to mix it with the  NYX Total Control Drop Foundation in light in order for the color to be halfway correct on my skin. Thus, limiting this foundation to a summer only foundation.

I will give it this much. It is a bit buildable, but not super easy to apply. This stuff also applied really patchy on my skin and grabbed in odd areas. I will, of course, use it up or attempt to. I might have gotten a sunburn before trying it too, so I can't ding it too much. It is summer in the Midwest.

I do like the packaging and how clean and sleek it is. I also like how it felt on the face overall. But, I don't know. I most likely will not get it again because of the price tag and the lack of certainty that the color will match me perfectly.
Yosephine L.
Packaging: The packaging was very high end, especially since the bottle had my own name as part of the label. The bottle is a pump and made out of glass, which felt very sturdy. The turnaround time from order date to delivery was very quick (about 2 days), which I was satisfied with.

Consistency/coverage: The foundation has more of a creamy consistency, instead of a liquid (compared to the bareminerals barePRO foundation). One pump is enough for light/medium coverage. Even with concealer, one layer of the foundation is not enough to cover all my blemishes and dark spots. The foundation is buildable if you want more of a medium/full coverage. However, it’s not as full coverage as the barePRO foundation. The foundation has a mostly matte finish, but fully matte.

Application: I used one of my Morphe brushes to apply the foundation. When using the brush, the foundation was easy to apply evenly and did not streak. It does take some time for the foundation to dry and set (maybe about 1-2 minutes) instead of drying right away.

Color: In the bareminerals original foundation, I am a golden medium 14 and in the barePRO foundation, I am a toffee 19 during the summer months. The first foundation I received was too light for my skin tone and did not have enough golden undertone, so it made me look pale. The second foundation I received was a perfect match and was much closer to the golden medium 14 color I normally wear. I liked how the shade was a perfect match, because I do have a hard time looking for foundations that match perfectly. I tan very easily and my skin tone changes frequently.

Shade matching process: It took two attempts in order for me to receive the perfect shade. Customer service was very helpful and friendly in issuing me a reorder code for my second shade match. They received my feedback via phone and was able to include more golden undertones in the second shade, which resulted in a better match. The customer service rep recommended that I perform the shade match process under dim lighting at night time in order to avoid harsh/natural lighting that might interfere with the shade matching process. They also recommended performing the match process multiple times in order to avoid any potential process errors. The calibration and shade matching process with the app was the only downside. The app was very glitchy and crashed often so I would have to restart a few times. Bareminerals really needs to update the app to be more stable and user friendly.

Lasting power: Under normal wear, the foundation lasts about 8 hours before a touch up is necessary and before patchiness occurs. I have combo/oily skin so it does a good job controlling shine. I have not tried the foundation under more humid or hotter conditions, so I have not tested out its full capabilities. I also have acne prone skin and did not break out after 2 weeks of use.

Price: At $49, this foundation falls in the price category of higher end luxury brands and much more pricey. Considering that this is a custom product, I believe the price level is justified.

Overall, I would recommend this product and will be continuing to use the rest of the foundation I received. Personally, I like foundation, but not as much as the barePRO foundation. I do like it enough to consider using the Made2Fit foundation in my rotating supply of foundations in the future.
Dawn L.
Tunnelton, WV
I have seen Bare Minerals products and I have always wanted to try them. I had heard and read so many good things about this brand. I was so happy that Influenster and Bare Minerals gave me to test Bare Minerals Fresh Faced Liquid Foundation.
Bare Minerals Fresh Face Liquid Foundation Made 2 Fit is a liquid foundation custom made just for your skin. The app called Bare Minerals Made 2 Fit(it's in your app store). The app scans five areas of your face to customized the right shade for you.
Bare Minerals Fresh Face Liquid Foundation Made 2 Fit is a lightweight foundation that is formulated with minerals based ligaments to match your skin. It provides a natural radiant finish with nourishing ingredients to hydrate, smooth and have younger looking beautiful skin. There is White Lily Extract for revitalized healthy looking skin. Green Tea Extract for antioxidants benefits. Peptides which provides brighter and younger looking skin. Ceramics to attract and maintain moisture to your skin so it's nice and soft.
I loved using Bare Minerals Fresh Face Liquid Foundation Made 2 Fit. The bottle that the foundation comes in is so beautifully made. The bottle is sturdy, has your name and date marked right on the bottle. The pump it easy to dispense the foundation. The foundation blend quite well and for me it didn't take too much, but if you want extra coverage use a little more. Although I wish it came with a sponge, brush or an air sprayer. There was no scent to Bare Minerals Fresh Face Liquid Foundation. Me personally I don't like a foundation that smells. It feels lightweight, creamy and nice. Although the shade was just a little darker than my skin right. It will definitely will work in the summer. It did cover up most of my imperfections. Bare Minerals Fresh Face Foundation lasted all day and came off with ease when I washed my face. I definitely have to say that Bare Minerals Fresh Face Foundation is better than other foundations I've tried. I also would recommend Bare Minerals Fresh Face Foundation.
Angie P.
Fort worth, TX
Goodness, if I told you how excited I was over this foundation.... you would’ve cried for me, LOL! So... I’ll be honest In this review, I always am, but this product deserves a review.

The process:
The made2fit app that is supposed to detect your color is pleasing to the eye. The process itself is self explanatory and easy. It gets the color of several places of your body. Soooooo, the preview of the color they got looked a little darker, but none-the-less, my color. I was excited and impressed, at this point I was hopeful.

The product:
The box was pretty beat up, lol. The bottle is nice, easy pump, and quality material. Right off the bat, though, the color was too dark. Bam! Excitement gone. I put it on my hand and tried only a little bit and rubbed it in, and it kind of matched? You could tell it was just the darker shade. On my face, it was a different story. Too dark.

///EDIT: I would’ve sent it back, however we were told to give an honest review about the whole process and the foundation that came out of it therefore, I didn’t contact customer service to get a new code to redo this because at the end of the day I just didn’t like the formula.

This foundation is light coverage. You might need to layer if you don’t like that. I, personally, didn’t like the consistency of the foundation.
I tried to mix a lighter foundation with this one to see how it would wear through the day, and eh. It didn’t wear well on me. By the end of the day, I was spotty.
I’ve seen a lot of YouTube reviews on this product, it was long ago so I was hoping I wouldn’t have the same problem 😭

Hopefully someone else rocked it better. Lol.
Don’t get me wrong, if you have the right type of skin for this foundation, I’m sure it works.
I have combination.
Tabitha R.
Well, where do I start?.....

I was able to order this foundation for free courtesy of the virtual vox box. I followed the directions precisely to a tee and then placed my order. It took almost the entire 8 days to receive my item which I thought was still super quick shipping.

When I received my shade I immediately realized it was way too dark for me. I am very light skin toned. The shade was super dark and extremely orange. Like Oompa Loompa orange. But I still tested it out on the back of my left hand. And let me tell you the formula was amazing.

So I wrote to bare minerals letting them know how sorry I was that it was just too dark for me to test properly however I thought the formula was amazing and the packaging and bottle were completely on point.

They were so sweet in their email and sent me another code to try again. They had me test three times and then reorder after the last test. I did and finally received that order.

The color is a lot lighter than the first but has a bit of a yellow tint to it and still a shade or so too dark. However I was able to make this one work by applying a thinner amount overall.

The reason i am giving this product a 4 out of five stars is because it actually is an amazing product if you can get your color right. I think because I have an iPhone 7 Plus that it wasn’t calibrating right and making my skin appear darker in the app that what it is. Not the products fault. Just a bug within the app itself that I think may need to be revised or tweaked a bit.

The foundation is super smooth and glides on brilliantly. It is very easy to blend into the skin and it makes your skin look super healthy. Not quiet dewy but healthy. The only draw back is that it does seem to have a typical sunscreen smell to it though. That might not be a big deal to some but if your sensitive to smells I’m sorry. The smell isn’t overwhelming though.

So overall, I love this brand and the actual product was AMAZING. Based on that I give it a 4 out of 5 stars.

#made2fit #influenster #bareminerals
Jessica S.
I received this complimentary from influents and bareMinerals to try out. First off the packaging is gorgeous and it actually was a decent match, lighter than what I would usually buy, (I can't accept how truly white I am I guess lol) I also think the app uses the lightest samples it takes from your skin to create your foundation. The packaging is beautiful and looks high end and I love that they print your name right on the bottle. So the foundation itself, at first I didn't think i was going to like it, I had to blend it out with a beauty blender (a brush didn't work at all for me). It is very sheer coverage kind of like a bb cream but easily build able. it blended out very nicely and wasn't patchy at all on me, you do need to set it with a powder, for me it was a little too dewey without. It feels weightless on your skin which I loved, I didn't mind that it was light coverage, that's what I usually go for anyway. Once I finished off my makeup I LOVED how it looked on my skin. my face looked flawless and not cakey at all. It also lasted ALL DAY and didn't budge i was very impressed with how it wore throughout the day and how it looked once i had all my makeup done.
Megan N.
Spring, TX
I received this product for free from Influenster. I was given a code and and went to the Made2Fit app to match my shade and received the foundation in a little over a week.
The app was fairly easy to use. It only takes a few minutes to complete and was pretty simple. The app had some issues when trying to check out as it was not accepting any address i put in, but it got resolved within a day by their customer support.
I got the foundation about a week later and lo and behold, like many others here, the shade was way off. I am usually the palest shade or 2nd palest shade in most foundations, but what I got was a super tan shade, about 7 or 8 shades too dark. It would have been nice if the app gave you information about your custom shade and if you needed to tweak the shade due to bad results. Inwoukdnt put it past myself to day user error might have been involved in creating my custom shade, but considering an overwhelming amount of people got the wrong shade, the shade customization needs some work.
Now, on to the product itself. It came in a cute bottle with my name on it, which wss nice. The bottle is glass with a matte type finish. Since the shade was dark, I still wanted to test it out. I used it twice, once with a white mixer and once without (and stayed at home admiring my orange face and scaring my cat). The product itself is fairly nice. It is a solid medium coverage foundation that can build up to full coverage. It wasn't too watery or too thick, and it had a nice finish. I paired it with the LA Girl white mixer and it looked normal on me, so I will keep using it. It had an ok lasting power, but broke up after a few hours of wear. I have better foundations that are the right shade, but this will make do for an ok backup to switch things up.
#Made2Fit #BMxM2F
Gisela M.
Tulsa, OK
I love personalized things, but this might be my favorite foundation! Thanks to @influenster I was able to test out the @bareminerals Made-2-Fit app and foundation, and I'm blown away by every aspect of this product. All you have to do is download the app, follow the instructions and essentially tap your phone's camera against your skin to gauge your skin tone, and somehow through some sort of witchcraft, this app can create your perfect foundation shade. The short shipping time alone was impressive, but it came in a very nice box as well as you can see in my picture. The bottle is gorgeous frosted glass with a slight rose gold top. The best part though? The bottle comes personalized with your name and a QR code to reorder your personal foundation shade. Genius! The foundation itself is amazing as well. I'd call it a beautiful finish, so right in between matte and dewy. It's perfect. I was honestly in awe of how 100% spot on it is.(my skin is super neutral) and slightly darker. The Made-2-Fit is a little dark compared to my neck, which is fixable, but I would include a neck swatch during the swatch test in the app in the future. I apply it with a damp RT sponge and it looks incredibly skin like, which is how I like my base. It doesn't oxidize and for being a satin foundation, doesn't migrate on my skin and lasts me all day. You can see how it looks on my porous skin in the pics, which thankfully this foundation doesn't emphasize. It covered my redness (broken capillaries shoutout!) fairly well too! If you're someone like me who has trouble getting a good foundation match I would definitely give this a shot. They have a great return policy too if you're not 100% happy as well. Thank you again for letting try this free! ❤️ #Made2Fit #BMxM2F #contest#complimentary @bareMinerals @influenster
Nicole C.
I received this free in the Bareminerals made2fit app. This is my own opinion of the foundation.

I followed the insteustions that were given to me to watch, and uploaded everything the way I was supposed to.

I can honestly say the shade I received was spot on! I have a hard time matching my skintone and most products pull yellow, which I cant wear. This foundation is a medium coverage, which lasted all day in the southern heat and humidity. I also have rosacea slightly, and this covered it well. This is not cakey, and wore great with my mac primer, too faced sweet peach powder and mac fix plus. Also note I have combination skin. I believe the retail price is right at $50 if I had to buy. This foundation is up there with my other high end foundations I love.

Thank you influenster for allowing me the chance to try this product!
#baremineralsmade2fit #bareskin #baremineralsfoundation
Katlynn R.
Pittsburgh, PA
I really wanted to have a good experience with this product, but after THREE terrible matches, I just can't get behind this.

First of all, let me explain that I've used the MatchCo app and technology before; numerous times, in fact. I've used this app for months, and have always had great matches, and great experiences with the app. When I saw that bareMinerals was partnering with MatchCo, I was so hyped! I actually even tried the foundation process myself with a coupon I had for being a previous MatchCo customer.

I have fair skin with neutral undertones; I have normal skin, which can lean a bit drier, and I am not acne prone or sensitive. To be fair (HA! pun not intended), I do have a difficult time finding my perfect foundation shades, but I never had a problem with MatchCo. After I received my first bareMinerals MADE-2-FIT foundation (that I had paid for, mind you, before the Influenster campaign had even started), I was honestly shocked at how dark it was. It was easily 3-4 shades too dark for my skin and was orange. I asked for a refund, and the company suggested getting rematched, and sent me a code.

Shortly after, Influenster sent me a code to use to receive a complimentary match + foundation for my review, so I jumped on the bandwagon and used the Influenster code--bad idea. I got a slightly lighter, but still overwhelmingly dark foundation; we're talking not even in the ballpark of my skin tone, folks!

Upset again, I asked for another rematch, was sent a code, and tried again. Remember that I've been using the MatchCo app (which is the literally the same process in the same living space, under the same conditions) for months now. When this foundation arrived, it was slightly lighter than the second, definitely lighter than the first, but still way too dark and somehow very yellow? It makes me look sick, honestly.

At this point, I can't try it again; it's just way too much effort for what I'm getting. The foundation itself is lovely, but do yourself a favor and just purchase an existing bareMinerals color. I had better luck buying one of the colors they already made--go figure!
Erica S.
Boone
ĊĿĀŪƉĪĀ P.
New Castle , DE
Megan C.
Acushnet , MA
Heather C.
My app won't recognize DC as a state for shipping - any suggestions?
Yessenia d.