BY BAREMINERALS #20 in Liquid Foundation

What it is:

To apply with Luxe Performance Brush:

2. Pick up the foundation with your brush.

• Who all is excited about trying their new bareMinerals custom Mad...2 Answers
  • Waiting on my code also....4 Answers
Media (1918)
Ashley S.
Y'all, I don't even know where to start with this. I guess I should say that bareMinerals was one of my first "adult" makeup purchases. I remember buying their powder foundation at ULTA and being in love with it. In fact I still use that foundation 15+ years later. I have a multitude of other products from them as well. Ranging from loose eyeshadows, pressed shadows, lip colors and blushes.  It's easy to say that I love the brand. I trust it, I know I can usually find my shade in their lineup.

So when I was asked by Influenster to try out bare Minerals new Made-2-Fit foundation, I was excited. Foundation matching in the comfort of my home? Yes Please! I downloaded the app and went through the song and dance of being color matched. The app was easy to use, with clear instructions. Based on the colored blob it showed me, on my phone screen, it seemed like it would be close match. As much as you can tell based on a screen picture. I put it in my cart and waited for my special code so I could get it for free.

All seemed well till I got my code. When I went back into the app it crashed. Continually. When it didn't crash all I would see is a white screen. I deleted the app and re-downloaded it close to 20 times. When I would reopen it, directly after downloading it again, it would show me the app properly, but when I'd go to my cart, it would once again crash. Leaving me with errors every time I reopened it, unless I did the delete/download dance. I went to my husband with the issue, as he has some background in coding. He's assumption was there was an issue with the app reading what was in my cart. That maybe the "hold time" on the item expired, but didn't get dropped from the cart properly, so it was throwing errors. Awesome. So I had to create a whole new account to work around this issue. I then redid the color matching process in natural light. The coloring seemed off from the color blob it showed when I was done. So then I went to different lighting in my house and had the same issue. I finally found an area of natural but defused light and the match seemed okay. I sent off my order and waited.

Today my box showed up. I eagerly opened to be greeted by a bottle that looked a bit too dark. But we all know that the colors inside the bottles lie. So I opened it up and just about choked on my laughter as I looked at a color that was nowhere close to correct. And I don't mean a color that was maybe a bit too warm or too orange. I mean I color that isn't even remotely close to being mine.

Now of course this could be chocked up to user error. But I'm not an idiot. I read all the instructions and walked through it numerous times. I used correct lighting. Cleaned the camera off. Took off my phone case so the camera could easily touch my skin. The first color match I got, before the app crapped out, seemed like it would be close to something I could wear. This color seems to almost be spot on to the color of my freckles. Which is odd, because I did my best to pick areas that were clear of freckles.

So here we are. I have a foundation that I can't even pretend to use. Does it feel good on? No idea! Does it wear well? Maybe. Does it work with my skin type? Who knows! So now I have to get in touch with bare Minerals to see what to do, because I got this for free, but they do also have a color match guarantee.This is so ridiculous that I can't do anything but laugh. It happens. And hopefully it can be fixed. Especially on the app side, because the idea is very cool. Even if it was causing major issues for me.

So for now I have to give it a lower rating. I hope I can come back and change that in the future.
Dawn L.
Tunnelton, WV
I have seen Bare Minerals products and I have always wanted to try them. I had heard and read so many good things about this brand. I was so happy that Influenster and Bare Minerals gave me to test Bare Minerals Fresh Faced Liquid Foundation.
Bare Minerals Fresh Face Liquid Foundation Made 2 Fit is a liquid foundation custom made just for your skin. The app called Bare Minerals Made 2 Fit(it's in your app store). The app scans five areas of your face to customized the right shade for you.
Bare Minerals Fresh Face Liquid Foundation Made 2 Fit is a lightweight foundation that is formulated with minerals based ligaments to match your skin. It provides a natural radiant finish with nourishing ingredients to hydrate, smooth and have younger looking beautiful skin. There is White Lily Extract for revitalized healthy looking skin. Green Tea Extract for antioxidants benefits. Peptides which provides brighter and younger looking skin. Ceramics to attract and maintain moisture to your skin so it's nice and soft.
I loved using Bare Minerals Fresh Face Liquid Foundation Made 2 Fit. The bottle that the foundation comes in is so beautifully made. The bottle is sturdy, has your name and date marked right on the bottle. The pump it easy to dispense the foundation. The foundation blend quite well and for me it didn't take too much, but if you want extra coverage use a little more. Although I wish it came with a sponge, brush or an air sprayer. There was no scent to Bare Minerals Fresh Face Liquid Foundation. Me personally I don't like a foundation that smells. It feels lightweight, creamy and nice. Although the shade was just a little darker than my skin right. It will definitely will work in the summer. It did cover up most of my imperfections. Bare Minerals Fresh Face Foundation lasted all day and came off with ease when I washed my face. I definitely have to say that Bare Minerals Fresh Face Foundation is better than other foundations I've tried. I also would recommend Bare Minerals Fresh Face Foundation.
Brooke K.
I’d first like to say that getting a color match for this foundation was as simple as it gets. I followed all of the commands to a tee, and although my young kids probably thought I was crazy as I sat there tapping the phone camera against my skin, it worked like a charm for me. I had absolutely no issues from the app & found it very easy to navigate and understand.

I was skeptical, I’ll be honest. I wasn’t sure the process would work. If I didn’t receive a code to get this product for free, I never would have been able to trust a true color match based on the app. I am here to say, however, that it’s okay to drop $40 on this foundation — the process works. I would repurchase. In fact, I most likely will.

I received my bottle in the mail rather quickly. Speaking of the bottle, it’s a beautifully packaged foundation — love love the matte frosted finish and the fact that the label has my name printed on it. Nothing makes a product feel more personal than having it personalized...unless of course the foundation color is perfectly matched to your skin tone. :) I also like the pump feature. I have used a $6 bottle of Walmart foundation forever, which is just an open top. I haven’t been used to a fancy foundation and I’m liking the change.

The color match was exceptional for me, I am very pleased. I use a beauty blender for application and a little goes a long way. The coverage is very light, which is also a plus for me. I mostly use foundation to even out my skin tone, which has some areas of redness, and this does exactly that. I am not trying to hide acne prone skin, so this may not have worked if I needed it for that. I like how it feels like I’m not wearing makeup, I can’t do heavy/cakey feeling wear. This foundation is light and gives me a Dewey complexion without feeling or looking oily, I like this.

So far I’ve used this product twice for an all day wear. I am pleased this far with the results and I see myself purchasing again in the future. I feel like this bottle should last quite awhile, as a small amount goes a long way.
angie p.
Fort worth, TX
Goodness, if I told you how excited I was over this foundation.... you would’ve cried for me, LOL! So... I’ll be honest In this review, I always am, but this product deserves a review.

The process:
The made2fit app that is supposed to detect your color is pleasing to the eye. The process itself is self explanatory and easy. It gets the color of several places of your body. Soooooo, the preview of the color they got looked a little darker, but none-the-less, my color. I was excited and impressed, at this point I was hopeful.

The product:
The box was pretty beat up, lol. The bottle is nice, easy pump, and quality material. Right off the bat, though, the color was too dark. Bam! Excitement gone. I put it on my hand and tried only a little bit and rubbed it in, and it kind of matched? You could tell it was just the darker shade. On my face, it was a different story. Too dark.

///EDIT: I would’ve sent it back, however we were told to give an honest review about the whole process and the foundation that came out of it therefore, I didn’t contact customer service to get a new code to redo this because at the end of the day I just didn’t like the formula.

This foundation is light coverage. You might need to layer if you don’t like that. I, personally, didn’t like the consistency of the foundation.
I tried to mix a lighter foundation with this one to see how it would wear through the day, and eh. It didn’t wear well on me. By the end of the day, I was spotty.
I’ve seen a lot of YouTube reviews on this product, it was long ago so I was hoping I wouldn’t have the same problem 😭

Hopefully someone else rocked it better. Lol.
Don’t get me wrong, if you have the right type of skin for this foundation, I’m sure it works.
I have combination.
Katlynn R.
Pittsburgh, PA
I really wanted to have a good experience with this product, but after THREE terrible matches, I just can't get behind this.

First of all, let me explain that I've used the MatchCo app and technology before; numerous times, in fact. I've used this app for months, and have always had great matches, and great experiences with the app. When I saw that bareMinerals was partnering with MatchCo, I was so hyped! I actually even tried the foundation process myself with a coupon I had for being a previous MatchCo customer.

I have fair skin with neutral undertones; I have normal skin, which can lean a bit drier, and I am not acne prone or sensitive. To be fair (HA! pun not intended), I do have a difficult time finding my perfect foundation shades, but I never had a problem with MatchCo. After I received my first bareMinerals MADE-2-FIT foundation (that I had paid for, mind you, before the Influenster campaign had even started), I was honestly shocked at how dark it was. It was easily 3-4 shades too dark for my skin and was orange. I asked for a refund, and the company suggested getting rematched, and sent me a code.

Shortly after, Influenster sent me a code to use to receive a complimentary match + foundation for my review, so I jumped on the bandwagon and used the Influenster code--bad idea. I got a slightly lighter, but still overwhelmingly dark foundation; we're talking not even in the ballpark of my skin tone, folks!

Upset again, I asked for another rematch, was sent a code, and tried again. Remember that I've been using the MatchCo app (which is the literally the same process in the same living space, under the same conditions) for months now. When this foundation arrived, it was slightly lighter than the second, definitely lighter than the first, but still way too dark and somehow very yellow? It makes me look sick, honestly.

At this point, I can't try it again; it's just way too much effort for what I'm getting. The foundation itself is lovely, but do yourself a favor and just purchase an existing bareMinerals color. I had better luck buying one of the colors they already made--go figure!
Jen B.
Louisville, KY
Where do I start with this foundation?!

The Process:
I used the bareMinerals Made-2-Fit App to get my customized shade. The app was simple to use and the video instructions made following along very simple. Basically, you calibrate your phone against white sheets of paper, and then you scan your wrist and 5 spots on your face. A voice guides you during the whole procedure. In sum, the process is very simple and the app formulates your perfect shade.

The Product:
I AM ABSOLUTELY IN LOVE!!!! I received this product in exchange for my honest review and I will say, the shade was not exactly “my match” however that’s because I have an EXTREMELY white neck and no foundation can ever match otherwise I’d look extremely pale. However, this foundation does look absolutely stunning on me and does match my face and the rest of my body. The formula is superb. Up until bareMinerals Made-2-Fit I have been using Makeup Forever’s Ultra HD foundation and honestly bareMinerals lasted longer/looked better with more than 16 hours on my face... I apply this with a beauty blender and finish off with Laura Mercier setting powder & no touch ups needed! In regards to the packaging, the foundation arrived in the cutest box/bottle and I’m a huge fan of the fact that the bottle is personalized with my name on it. Additionally, the bottle also has a date stamp when it was formulated. I personally think that the formula also has a hint of a citrus smell which I enjoyed along with the matte finish and glowing look the formula gives.

Overall, I am definitely beyond satisfied and I will most certainly repurchase bareMinerals Made-2-Fit Fresh Faced liquid foundation again. My tip? If it’s not the right shade fix it up with some bronzer.
Jenny S.
El Dorado Spg, MO
I was very hesitant to see how the app would match this foundation to my skin, especially since it said not to scan my skin in natural lighting. I received my foundation in probably 3 weeks or so, but that's not a big deal. It came in a very nice package that held my foundation like you see makeup gurus receive for PR. The bottle is a perfect weight, somewhat heavy but not too heavy.. But it's glass. I know a lot of people love glass bottles, I personally am just not a huge fan because of the risk of them breaking while traveling... Plus, I'm really clumsy and good at breaking stuff. Now, on to the product. It took about a minute of solid pumping for me to get any product out of the bottle, which isn't  huge deal, but still something I like to note. When the product finally came out, I was worried. Then once I smeared a streak on my cheek, I was really scared. It was very yellow toned, which I am not a huge fan of. Once I started to blend it out though, all of the yellowness disappeared and the foundation melted into my face beautifully. It definitely is an almost perfect, if not spot on, match. Now, on most days, especially in these winter months, I prefer a medium to full coverage foundation. This foundation claims to be sheer to medium coverage, but it is definitely more on the sheer end. It really doesn't cover any blemishes or freckles whatsoever. This foundation is so lightweight that you cannot feel it on whatsoever, which is great. It also seems to wear very very nicely. Overall, this is a good foundation. I look forward to wearing it in the Summer months and seeing how it does since I do prefer a fuller coverage foundation in the winter.
Ginjer R.
Westminster, CO
When I was given the opportunity to test out the bareMinerals MADE-2-FIT Fresh Faced Liquid Foundation I was extremely skeptical about the idea of an app that can scan your skin tone to determine your perfect foundation match, especially since I’m super pale and have a hard time finding a match on my own, so I can’t say I was surprised when it turned out too dark and too warm. Despite the color difference, I still tried it out and I must say I was genuinely impressed with the formula! It feels buttery soft without being greasy or heavy on my skin so I don’t feel like it would break me out or make my skin angry. The coverage isn’t the fullest but it’s easily buildable and blends really nicely — I found the best application method for me is bouncing it on with Beauty Blender dampened with warm water because it melts right into my skin. I love the natural, dewy finish so much I could potentially see it being wearable without powder. The packaging is gorgeous as well — frosted glass bottle with a gold mirror-finish cap — and it has a really nice pump mechanism (my favorite!) that gives you a bit of control over the amount of product dispensed. I think the most exciting part was seeing my name printed on the bottle because it feels personal and I know it was made just for me! Honestly the price is a little high compared to what I’m comfortable with, but I love the formula so much that if I could actually get a perfect match I’d be more than willing to pay $50 for the bottle. For reference I normally wear Kat Von D Lock-It Tattoo Foundation in Light 42 Neutral and I’ve contacted the company to see if it’s possible to get a comparable shade, in which case I will gladly purchase another bottle so I can properly test its wear and give an updated review for anyone with a similar skin tone!
Skye T.
bareMinerals has developed a new product and it is simply fantastic!
It's a "customized" liquid foundation.
To utilize the technology, you download an app called Bare Minerals Made 2 Fit. The app has you scan 5 areas of your face and from those 5 areas, it customized a foundation color.
You submit your order (it's $49 plus shipping) and in 7-10 days, your customized foundation shows up. Bonus is it has YOUR name on the bottle and it also says when it was mixed (so you know how old it is).
Now... onto the actual foundation.
As an avid fan of Bare Minerals, I was stoked about this new makeup. I have very pale sensitive skin and I have a lot of trouble finding a "perfect" match. It's always too white, too pink, or too blah.
I used a dime sized amount and applied with a foundation brush, buffing it into my skin.
I would say this is a medium coverage foundation, which I am also a fan of. It covered but still allowed my skin to breathe and show through. A must for me.
It wore exceptionally well and lasted a solid 8+ hours (it even misted on me at Mardi Gras and the foundation stayed put).
For the price, I think the quality is there and I find it priced correctly.
I will absolutely buy this again.
For those like me who have trouble finding a perfect pre-mixed formula, give this a try! If you're a fan of full coverage, this may not be for you, though I don't see why it's not build-able.
5 STARS from me!
*I did receive this product from Bare Minerals and Influenster at no charge for my honest review!
#Made2Fit #BMxM2F #complimentary #bareminerals #influenster #makeupreviewer #makeuplover
Megan N.
Spring, TX
I received this product for free from Influenster. I was given a code and and went to the Made2Fit app to match my shade and received the foundation in a little over a week.
The app was fairly easy to use. It only takes a few minutes to complete and was pretty simple. The app had some issues when trying to check out as it was not accepting any address i put in, but it got resolved within a day by their customer support.
I got the foundation about a week later and lo and behold, like many others here, the shade was way off. I am usually the palest shade or 2nd palest shade in most foundations, but what I got was a super tan shade, about 7 or 8 shades too dark. It would have been nice if the app gave you information about your custom shade and if you needed to tweak the shade due to bad results. Inwoukdnt put it past myself to day user error might have been involved in creating my custom shade, but considering an overwhelming amount of people got the wrong shade, the shade customization needs some work.
Now, on to the product itself. It came in a cute bottle with my name on it, which wss nice. The bottle is glass with a matte type finish. Since the shade was dark, I still wanted to test it out. I used it twice, once with a white mixer and once without (and stayed at home admiring my orange face and scaring my cat). The product itself is fairly nice. It is a solid medium coverage foundation that can build up to full coverage. It wasn't too watery or too thick, and it had a nice finish. I paired it with the LA Girl white mixer and it looked normal on me, so I will keep using it. It had an ok lasting power, but broke up after a few hours of wear. I have better foundations that are the right shade, but this will make do for an ok backup to switch things up.
#Made2Fit #BMxM2F
Yessenia d.
Mesa, AZ
Charlie T.
Oklahoma City, OK
Anyone else have to reorder due to bad shade match?
Danielle J.
Stephanie S.
Has anyone received their Made2Fit promotion code yet?
Rhiannon V.