BY BAREMINERALS

What it is:

In two distinct finishes, Matte & Glow. Set your liquid foundation and concealer while blurring fine lines, pores and imperfections. Silky and ultra fine combination of setting powder and finishing powder instantly vanishes on all skin tones. Enjoy an even,long lasting, natural looking or luminous complexion.

Ingredients: Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Synthetic Fluorphlogopite, Lauroyl Lysine, Glycerin, Glyceryl Caprylate, Water, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Levulinate, Sodium Anisate, Sodium Dehydroacetate. MAY CONTAIN: Mica, Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891), Iron Oxides (Ci, 77491, Ci 77492, Ci 77499).

• Does anyone find this glittery? I swatched it really quic...6 Answers
  • I REALLY love this and thinks it's gorgeous...but I hate ...1 Answers
  • How similar is this to the Ambient lighting powders? Is t...2 Answers
Elizabeth H.
Sioux Falls, SD
I liked the idea of this; however it didn’t work very well for me. The matte powder does not keep my makeup in place all day. I tried a few different setting sprays to see if I could find a combo that worked but no matter what I did, my foundation only lasted 7 hours or so. I think the matte powder could be nice for touch ups, but it doesn’t come with any type of travel brush or powder puff.

The glow powder is nice to add a subtle sheen to your skin. After I set my under eyes, I like to dust a little of the glow powder on top. It really brightens the area. I also dust a little bit down my nose and the tops of my cheeks.

Another issue I have is that you will go through the matte powder so much faster than the glow powder. Once you’ve run out of the matte, you have a huge, clunky compact left for just the glow powder.
Tiffany B.
I've only used this once but so far, I'm absolutely loving this! I layer both of these products with the [product:benefit-cosmetics-hide-&-sheen-concealer-and-highlighter-duo-no.1---light] to add staying power. The Glow side give a natural glow to your skin which I really love... I'm not super into blinding highlights. The matte side was GORGEOUS, poreless and flawless when I first applied... Although after having it on for about 4 hours it's looking a bit cakey on my undereyes. I'll try it with a different concealer. I do really love this duo though and reccommend it for people with fair/light skin tones.
Christine L.
I found this at Marshall's for a great price so I had to get it! I'll say that I use that matte much more than the "glow side" as I prefer a more matte finish so that can be something to keep in mind. The matte definitely helps set my makeup but I prefer to use a setting spray with it. What I really like about it is that it doesn't leave a white cast which is so important!! The glow side can look a little intimidating (& so pretty) in the pan but once you put it on, it's definitely a subtle shimmer. Just depends what you prefer, I would say that this is more for someone who wants a more natural highlight/glow. Overall, it's good for the price I paid but probably would not buy for full price once I run out. As for the "glow" side, it really depends what you're looking for: a subtle glow or a more dramatic one.
Beth H.
Pacific, MO
I love this powder duo! I originally received it in a BoxyCharm box, and later found one at Marshall’s for a very good price and purchased. The matte side imparts a flawless finish that is extremely lightweight and does not cake throughout the day with touch ups. The glow side is a very subtle shimmer, great for the high points like nose, chin, and cheekbones. It is very handy to have both finishes in one compact, and I think Bare Minerals really pulled this one off well! I use this daily and plan to continue.
Rucha P.
Jersey City , NJ
I like the illuminating powder but I do not like the matte formula. It’s very stiff and just don’t get on the brush until I rub my powder brush harshly on the pan. Illuminating powder is similar but seems less stiff. It gives a slight highlighting effect. So if you don’t like light catching highlight, you can use this powder for a little glow along with setting the makeup. The matte powder is just too drying as well, as soon as it touches my face; My facial skin feels dry within minutes.
Veronica A.
This is my holy grail setting powder. I received this from boxycharm, and I use this everyday to set my under eye concealer, and foundation. I use this as a daily setter, when I’m usually wearing a light amount of makeup. It helps prevent creasing from every concealer I own. I use a mixture of the two on my brush when applying, the glow isn’t similar to a highlighter glow at all. It’s very very faint, and great for setting on its own.
Caroline P.
bareMinerals translucent powder duo is one of my favorite powders to use for setting my under eye area. For $32, you get 0.31 Oz of product divided equally between Matte and Glow. You can buy it at Sephora, Ulta, or any of the major department stores like JCPENNY, etc...
The powder is so finely milled that it blurs your pores without looking or feeling powdery. I have noticed that my under eye area stays crease free way on the days that I use this product.
The reason why I am only giving it 4 stars instead of 5 is because the Glow side is kind of glittery. The reflective pieces don't seem to be as fine as the powder so I only really use the Matte side. It's so worth it still.

[product:bareminerals-invisible-light-translucent-powder-duo-matte--mat,-glow--brilliant-0.31-oz]
Jackie B.
I got this in a Boxycharm subscription and I absolutely love it. It doesn’t make me look pale when I apply the matte one and it doesn’t make me look greasy when I apply the highlighting one. I really like that it comes with both options because different parts of your face need matte or highlighting. I would definitely recommend to people that don’t use finishing powder for baking. This is a light touch not meant to bake.
Rosalind P.
Plano, TX
I gave this product to try when it came out. It's not bad but I do prefer Bare Minerals loose minerals. One side is Matte and the other is Illuminating. Not a bad product but not my favorite. I can understand if someone who does not like loose powders and wants to carry a powder with them would like this. I just give four stars because the Finish was not what I expected. It was just so so.
Andrea A.
Edmond, OK
I like using the matte side to set my undereye (and even whole face if I chose to) but the glow isn’t exactly what I was hoping. It’s not bad, and does leave a nice subtle glow to the skin, but it is pretty sparkly in the sunlight. Indoors it’s not an issue, but outside my cheeks look like a disco ball. I will continue to use it on days I will be mostly indoors, but will not be repurchasing.
Rachael H.
Wallingford, CT
Does anyone find this glittery? I swatched it really quickly and saw noticeable glitter on my hand although there didn't appear to be noticeable glitter in the pan. Not sure if the glitter I was seeing came from somewhere else or is actually part of the product?
deleted a.
Is this a loose powder?
Rebecca H.
Mt Washington, KY
I just got this product and I have some questions about it! How do you apply it if you do not have the brush it works with? Would you recommend using a sponge or a powder brush? I have read some people use it after their primer some after the foundation and concealer I was wondering what way was better. Also I use a loose setting powder for under my eyes right now, does enough come off of this pallet to use it that way and set it good? Thanks.
angela e.
Weatherford, TX
I recieved this in my Boxycharm, curious for those who have tried it what are your thoughts? bareMinerals Invisible Light™ Translucent Powder Duo
Ashley W.
Does the matte side give flashback ? Also is the highlighter side really glowy ?