BY BAREMINERALS #43 in Finishing & Translucent Powders

A dimensional duo of silky, ultra-fine, baked translucent powders to diffuse the look of pores and imperfections. Two distinct finishes give your complexion an effortlessly fresh, and not flat, appearance. The Matte powder absorbs oil and is the perfect setting powder. Glow, infused with rose gold pearls, adds sheer luminosity for highlighting and strobing. Developed to instantly vanish on all skintones, this duo of ultra-fine translucent powders features unique baked technology that delivers a creamy, cushioned formula with a luxurious feel. This set contains: - 2 x 0.31 oz Invisible Light Translucent Powder in Matte, Glow For best results, apply with the Dual-Finish Brush. Use the dark side of the brush to sweep Matte onto shine-prone areas or all-over face to help set makeup. Using the light side of the brush, apply Glow to accentuate features, including the cheekbones, bridge of the nose, and decolletage. see more...

• Does anyone find this glittery? I swatched it really quickly and ...6 Answers
  • I REALLY love this and thinks it's gorgeous...but I hate the pric...1 Answers
  • How similar is this to the Ambient lighting powders? Is texture a...2 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Camille B.
Palmer Lake , CO
Beauty Junkie Expert
I got this in boxycharm a couple months ago. I have very oily skin, and it did not keep my makeup in place all day, however, it made a decent effort, better than a lot of powders I've tried, and if you don't have oily skin, I'm sure it would work perfectly. There is  A LOT of powder in this compact, but it doesn't go far if you are someone who has to use a lot of setting powder. I used this as a last resort when I ran out of my holy grail, and since I had to turn it to loose powder to bake with, it lasted about a 2 weeks before it was all gone. It is very fine ground, smooth, and does a decent job at smoothing pores, texture, and fine lines. It does not add any coverage, but I don't think it claims to. Again, if you don't have oily skin, this product could be really great for you. For me, however, it only kept my makeup on for about 3 hours before having to reapply. It leaves a healthy glow. The real winner in this compact for me was the highlight. If you are someone who doesn't appreciate a soft, subtle glow, you will not care for this highlighter. It's not made to blind or even be obvious. I think it is meant to look very natural. It's a soft pale pink white, comprised of mostly glitter (Not metallic, reflective color). I do think it is beautiful on the cheeks or even just dusted everywhere. If you spray your brush with a setting spray before application, it will last longer, and apply better. The compact is well made, with a useful large mirror inside. I did like this product, but it's probably not best for my skin.
Katie C.
Russell, KY
Beauty Junkie Expert
I would not recommend this product. The powders are very dry, and barely come off from the pan onto the brush. The luminous side has straight glitter in it, and also barely comes off the pan and onto the brush. Doesn’t do much, and when you dig in hard and get some powder, it shows a white cast on the skin. It didn’t really do much, and felt crumbly on top of my foundation/concealer.

I only paid $6.99 for my compact at TJ Maxx, and I still feel like I overpaid for the actual quality of the product.

I love BareMinerals powders, but this is not worth the price and is not up to par with other BareMinerals products.

Skip over it!
Lydia B.
Omaha, NE
Beauty Junkie Expert
I'm really enjoying this. I was bummed when I didn't receive it in my Boxycharm one month... but then found it at a discounted price at Marshalls and had to snag it up! At first I wasn't too impressed, but the more I've played with it and tried different brushes to apply it with, the more it grows on me. I've learned to apply it with a light hand and tap it into the skin instead of rubbing motions. And the highlight side is such a beautiful, subtle, natural glow, it's truly so flattering.
Ada H.
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is a different but great product! I love the dual option, and usually use the shimmer side over my highlighter for a double shine. The only thing is I really prefer loose setting powders, and is I find I can get a more effective set easier. But this is a great product for sure!!! I have not looked into the price on this as I got it in one of my subscription boxes, but I will say that it will last a very long time! I’ve used mine several times and it hardly has a dent.
Jennifer P.
Minneapolis, MN
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this palette.  It works great, it is a really amazing setting palette.  Make sure to use the right brush though, too stiff will waste product, and wont give even coverage.  The highlight side does exactly what it says, but keep in mind IT IS A SETTING POWDER, NOT A HIGHLIGHTER.  This is meant to give a slight glow, but not give you "mermaid face".  I was very happy with this one!
Audrianna S.
Madison
Beauty Junkie Expert
I have a lot of mixed feelings about this product. I think it does what it says, it definitely sets. The glowy side isn't too highlighting for under the eyes, but I've noticed it can have a slight shimmer to it in the sunlight. I also wouldn't say it sets my makeup and LOCKS that sucker in, i think it just sets down a stickier foundation. I would pass on this if you're on the fence.
Melissa B.
Fairfield, ME
Beauty Junkie Expert
This product actually does nothing. I grind my brush into the matte side and my brush seems to not have anything on it. It feels so hard pressed that you can't get any product. The "illuminating" side is very subtle, but actually does something, albeit a little. That side is better for an over-all dusting for a subtle glow to the face. I wouldn't pay money for this though.
Jill C.
Brick, NJ
Beauty Junkie Expert
This is one of my all time favorite translucent powders! I never thought to try a translucent powder in pressed form and it works so much better for me. The color is totally sheer and locks my foundation into place and allowing my blush, bronzer and highlight to apply smoothly. I can't say a noticed that the "glow" side of the duo made my skin look any different but I wasn't overly concerned about it. They both worked the same so I was happy to have a double sided palette that I could use. The powder on both is very fine and easy to apply. No white residue and I didn't notice any flashback (although i do not bake so I don't pack it on my under eye area). It's 5 stars from me and I would highly recommend trying it out!!
Rachel G.
Nashville, TN
Beauty Junkie Expert
this is a weird translucent powder. it's super light and barely any product comes off when you use a brush. i'm just confused by this product. since it isn't a loose powder ig uses that's what you expect. one side is a matte/natural finish and the other is a shimmer finish. i prefer the shimmer. if you use it under your eyes it provides a nice brightness without looking cakey or shimmery or glittery. it's a very subtle healthy glow. i got this in a boxy charm box, and was super excited about it, but i will admit that i barely ever use it because i'm not sure what purpose it has. use air spun or laura mercier setting powder instead if you want a powder that sets your makeup for long wear
Kerye H.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I’m not a good person to review powder. I have dry skin and all powder setting spray does is bring out dry patches and make me look cakey. The “highlight” in the duo isn’t highlighting at all. And I had to turn the pressed powder into loose powder to get any kind of results for the setting powder.
Rachael H.
Wallingford, CT
Does anyone find this glittery? I swatched it really quickly and saw noticeable glitter on my hand although there didn't appear to be noticeable glitter in the pan. Not sure if the glitter I was seeing came from somewhere else or is actually part of the product?
Kaci M.
Is this a loose powder?
angela e.
Weatherford, TX
I recieved this in my Boxycharm, curious for those who have tried it what are your thoughts? bareMinerals Invisible Light Translucent Powder Duo Matte- Mat, Glow- Brilliant 0.31 oz
Ashley W.
Does the matte side give flashback ? Also is the highlighter side really glowy ?
Rebecca H.
Mt Washington, KY
I just got this product and I have some questions about it! How do you apply it if you do not have the brush it works with? Would you recommend using a sponge or a powder brush? I have read some people use it after their primer some after the foundation and concealer I was wondering what way was better. Also I use a loose setting powder for under my eyes right now, does enough come off of this pallet to use it that way and set it good? Thanks.