8 colors available

BY BAREMINERALS #31 in Makeup Sets

For deepest skin with golden tones. This Get Started® Complexion Kit will get you on your way to radiant, healthy-looking skin, using award-winning bareMinerals® Foundation and signature complexion essentials. You ll experience the look of beautiful skin with the long-lasting coverage you desire and without any of the harsh ingredients your skin doesn t need.

This Collection Includes:

Prime Time™ Foundation Primer Original Foundation

Broad Spectrum SPF 15

Matte Foundation Broad Spectrum SPF 15

Warmth All-Over Face C

Kerri P.
Kerri P.
Wesley Chapel, FL
I started with this set and while I LOVE all of the complexion products this one remains on of my staples. The primer is silky smooth but really melts into you skin so you aren't wearing a layer on top of your skin. The foundation is a nice medium coverage but is buildable. It does a great job at evening out my color but still looking natural, it really buffs into the skin so it looks like a flawless you not a mask. I absolutely live the mineral veil with this kit even over other products it is a great finishing or setting powder. The overall face color is a staple as well and really helps transition between the seasons. The Brush is also high quality and one of my favorite face brushes. It is soft but still gives you enough control over where you are placing product and there is no fall out if you are using the product correctly. My only issues is that it isn't very travel friendly I am an on the go person so loose powder isn't something I can throw in a bag and take with me anywhere. So this is my go to if I am getting ready at home, but I keep the ready (pressed version) of this product on hand so I can always be prepared.
Jacki T.
Jacki T.
I purchased this kit YEARS ago at my local Sephora and I think I paid like $38 for mine. This kit comes with a primer, 2 shadows, a foundation shade, a mineral veil (finishing powder) 2 brushes and mine came with a brush cleaner as well. For the money, it's a perfect complexion starter kit. If you're looking for light to medium coverage, this product is a good starter for you. I used these products all throughout junior and senior year of high school. My skin overtime became a little more dry so I had to stop using these products because they would show stick to the dry patches on my skin. The primer is a little bit too oily for my taste but it was effective for the foundation and mineral veil. The foundation brush is wonderful but I found that the concealer or light stroke brush that comes with this kit was a little too rough for my liking. You're supposed to use that brush in your smaller areas and to really pack on the product but I found the bristles to be a little too course!
Stephanie S.
Stephanie S.
I worked at Sephora a million years ago when this product was rolled out in stores, and it was the most anticipated release that we had in my time there. All of our makeup artists were absolutely obsessed, and we had people daily leading up to the release asking about it.

I, personally, do not love the formula of the mineral makeup. It sits on top of my skin, just above a layer of oil that I never have - and can easily be wiped off with a small touch. I also am not a fan of the all-over luster that it provides - even with the minimization of it using the mineral veil (cornstarch).

So many older women were dying to use this formula, and I had to recommend that they not - because it settles deeply and obviously into any small or deep lines and pores - and makes them look like giant craters and crevasses!

I do, however love warmth, the bronzer that comes in the kit. it truly works on a wide range of skin tones.
Roxana B.
Roxana B.
I received this set as a Christmas gift after I expressed to a family member that I was interested in buying a Bare Minerals foundation but didn't know whether to buy the original one or the matte one. I definitely like the variety of sample sizes (original, matte, mineral veil, warmth all-over face color, and primer), but I hate the cheap brush. I have combination skin and all the sample products worked well with my skin. The formulas are breathable, long-lasting, and the coverage is buildable. The makeup works well enough without the primer, but I prefer using the primer. Aside from the cheap brush, another complaint was the lack of color variation. The kit I bought was for "light" skin (it was the closest matching to my skin), but I wish there had been a slightly darker option. Regardless, I'd recommend this to a friend.
Amanda R.
Amanda R.
Galax, VA
This is the perfect starter kit for anyone who is new to bareminerals or wanting to try it out and see if it is for them.
When I first for this I was hesitant because I'm used to thick foundation and was afraid this wouldn't quite cover the way I needed it to. But I was wrong. This foundation is amazing. I've been using it for months now. It covers great, and it lasts all day. Since using this my skin looks better then it ever has before by not being smothered under a thick coat of foundation. It gives you an airbrush finish almost. Also comes with a dark bronzer color and a light almost highlight shade, which are perfect when you want to contour. The brushes are amazing as well. I've noticed it keeps my cheeks from being "oily" like they used to.
Amanda M.
Amanda M.
Quincy, MA
I never used to be a makeup person. I always heard about applying makeup naturally, "so it didn't look like you were weearing makeup." So I thought, "well, if I just don't wear makeup, then it certainly won't look like I'm wearing makeup!" But then a friend took me into the Bare Minerals store, and they put all the elements of this Get Started kit on my face, and whoa. I looked like myself - only better! They showed me how to use everything, and it's so easy and doesn't take too much time. It also feels so light, like I'm not even wearing anything. So amazing. And the best part is the kit is such a good deal. My one complaint about the kit is that I run out of some things faster than others, and to buy the items individually is a lot pricier.
Colleen H.
Colleen H.
Raleigh, NC
After having tried Bare Minerals, I'm a complete convert and have found more and more products of theirs that I liked. I started out with this kit and loved that I felt it made my face look clearer, but also natural. More of an airbrush look rather than a shellac look, which I prefer. I love everything behind the "mineral makeup" as well as the way it looks. I have fairly clear skin, so I can't say personally but my previous roommate noticed dramatically clearer skin after switching to bare minerals. My only suggestion would be that for the price of the product, you're better off finding a bare minerals store and they can personalize a starter kit with better sizes and colors than the pre-made ones.
MJ H.
MJ H.
This used to be my go to foundation and concealer. It fits great into a low-key makeup routine. It stands up remarkably well to sweat and humidity. Very lightweight and good coverage. I was blessed at the time with great skin so I didn't need heavy coverage to conceal flaws so for me it worked. I even used it as a primer for my eyes. However after I moved to a dry climate and started showing more signs of age I noticed that it would highlight my wrinkles/creases and exacerbated my dry skin. I haven't found a replacement foundation yet and it's been over four years, so take that into consideration, but as much as I used to love it, it's not on my list of foundations to try again.
Kathryn W.
Kathryn W.
I started using bareMinerals when I was in middle school when my mother started purchasing it for me to cover my breakouts as it did not cause more breakouts, and I haven't stopped using it since (I'm now well out of college). The Get Started Complexion Kit is great because it comes with everything you need to get a solid introduction to the brand, with a variety of products (although a smaller than normal size), and it's a great deal! I have purchased this kit on multiple occasions, and it even comes with brush!
Jen S.
Jen S.
Buffalo, NY
This kit matched my skin tone perfectly and was easy to wear. I was given a makeover in-store and I'm the kind of person that hates lotion or anything else coating my face because I sweat a lot, it just makes me feel icky. With this complexion kit I could still feel the product on my face but it was bothersome. It's was also matte so it helped eliminate the shiny on my forehead. Lol. It didn't feel caked on or heavy, it was almost effortless. I would definitely recommend it for everyday makeup wearers.
Sydney C.
Sydney C.
Rncho Cordova, CA
Would this be a good starter kit? For a preteen?
Adela A.
Adela A.
Bakersfield
How do you choose your skin tone ?
Essence T.
Essence T.
South Holland, IL
I would love to try, but how would it effect my oily skin? Do anyone know if this product is for oily skin?
Rhonda m.
Rhonda m.
Pinsonfork, KY
Is this makeup as good as they say it is?
DIANA Z.
DIANA Z.
New Berlin
Is it okay to use on sensitive skin? I seem to break out from a lot of different makeups.