BY BAREMINERALS #5 in Tinted Moisturizers

• Shade Range: 16 True-to-you Shades
  • Allure Best Of Beauty Award Winner
  • Glamour Magazine Glammy Award Winner

Natural-looking Makeup On The Go

Created To Do More With Less, Complexion Rescue Hydrating Gel Cream Packs A Powerful Punch As A Moisturizer, Foundation And Spf, All In One. Touted As A Tinted Moisturizer - But Also Adored As A Daily Moisturizing Foundation For Many - This Mighty Little Mineral Makeup Tube Provides The Wonderfully Hydrating Benefits Of Both Bb Cream And Cc Cream With Powerful Broad Spectrum Spf 30 To Reveal A Naturally Radiant Finish That's Always Photo-ready.

Powerful Hydrating Foundation

Perfect For Busy Women And Moms On-the-go, Our Award-winning Tinted Moisturizer Can Double As Face Primer, Makes A Lovely, Lightweight Foundation For A Day At The Beach, And Also Provides A Gorgeous A Post-workout Glow.

Empowered By The Benefits Of Natural Ingredients Including Marine Botanicals And Mineral Electrolytes That Hydrate And Boost Your Skin's Natural Beauty, After Just One Week Of Using Complexion Rescue, Women Have Experienced An Average Of 215% Increase In Skin Hydration

Benfits:

• Powerful Hydration: Marine Botanicals, Hydrating Humectants And Coconut-derived Ingredients Help To Replenish, Nourish And Condition Thirsty Skin
  • Energizing Electrolytes: Calcium And Magnesium Help Replenish The Skin, While Potassium Helps Promote Skin’s Moisture Balance
  • Refreshing Feeling: Unique Water-encapsulations Give Skin An Instant Burst Of Hydration Upon Application With A Light, Cooling Sensation
  • Helps To Protect Against Environmental Stressors With The Antioxidant Heart-leaf Globe Daisy
  • Provides Broad Spectrum Spf 30 Non-chemical, Mineral-based Sun Protection
  • Recommended By The Skin Cancer Foundation As Effective Broad Spectrum Sunscreen
  • Buildable, Sheer-to-medium Coverage
  • Non-comedogenic
  • Non-acnegenic
  • Hypoallergenic
  • Dermatologist Tested
  • Formulated Without Parabens, Binders Or Fillers
  • None Of Our Products Are Tested On Animals

How To Use:

To Fully Experience The Power Of Complexion Rescue, Pair It With Our Smoothing Face Brush To Build Your Desired Level Of Coverage. The Dual Fiber Synthetic Brush Is Specially Designed To Seamlessly Blend Our Tinted Moisturizer While Providing Control And Diffusion For A Beautiful, Lightly Airbrushed Finish.

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.2%
Butylene Glycol, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Succinoglycan,
Polysorbate 60, Cellulose Gum, Polyglyceryl-4 Laurate/Succinate,
Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Magnesium Stearate, Magnesium Hydroxide,
Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Chloride, Potassium
Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

• How does this product work with acne prone combination skin? I wa...4 Answers
  • I use sunscreen every day because I like to prote... Be the first to answer!
  • I currently use Juice Beauty CC Cream, but I have been super inte...1 Answers
Reviews (2042)
Buy on Sephora*
  • "i love this complexion cream so much. when i brought it i initially thought it would be a bb cream and wouldn't have much coverage, which is what i was after. but for £28 i thought it was worth a try, as i was on accutane (an acne medication) at the time and needed something that would let my skin breath yet still even out my skin tone; and this did exactly that. it lasted the full day and i still had a natural glow by the time i had finished work 8 hours later. the only thing i can fault is the shade range which i don't feel is wide enough." in 147 reviews
  • "i love natural ingredients in skin care, so the mineral base & botanicals are a huge plus for me. the product does even out the pink in my face and finding a good match for my skin tone was easy. it wouldn't cover heavy acne marks or mask undereye circles single handedly though (it does say sheer coverage, so that's fair). the dewy finish is as advertised, and is usually nice but can be a bit to shiny for me on my more oily days (i'm pale, i don't glow, i just glare/blind. but it's easily balanced with a light sweep of powder. i like that the product feels light weight, though is kinda weird to blend. it also doesn't dry out skin, nor did it break my sensitive skin out (in zits or hives). i used my usual gel moisturizer under, just because i don't think this would be enough for my dryer skin. the product lasted during my day out, and felt good on. it looked pretty (especially if you like a very dewy look) and did what it promised to do. bonus: i feel like my skin looks brighter /calmer redness wise after i wash this stuff off!" in 72 reviews
Kim M.
Review for: Vanilla 02 (light skin, neutral tone), Natural 05, Other more...
First of all let me say this: this is NOT a foundation and therefore it will not cover any scars or hyperpigmentation or the like - that's what concealer is for anyway. It seems silly to rate a tinted moisturizer low for not covering up imperfections when the point of a tinted moisturizer is to give sun protection, moisturize skin, and provide a veil of color to even out skin tone - all of which this product does really well. I've used this product for years and gone through probably 5 tubes of 3 or 4 different shades and I always have at least two on hand. Coverage/Application: When I started using this product I didn't have great skin, it was very dry and dehydrated, sensitive, acne prone, and uneven in tone. It was great then to give light medium coverage and even my skin tone and then I would go in with a concealer to cover active acne and scars and then powdered with a powder foundation to increase the coverage and overall I got the coverage of a medium coverage foundation but while using less heavy and occlusive ingredients so my skin could breathe and not break out any worse. Since switching my skincare to Drunk Elephant my skin is looking infinitely better but I still use this tinted moisturizer to make my face match my neck in tone and give a little coverage for the imperfections that are still around, but I no longer find the need to spend 10 minutes spot concealing and I swapped my powder foundation for a translucent powder in my t zone. For people that want to get more coverage out of this, you can! There are some tricks to work with it to give you light-medium coverage instead of sheer: for one, don't use a brush since it just soaks up the product and drags it around and don't use your fingers since it will only give sheer coverage. I like to put dabs all over my face and then with the lightest touch smear it so there is a layer everywhere - I don't blend it in, just drag it to cover all skin. Then I let it set for a minute or two so that the moisture is absorbed by the skin leaving the pigments on top. Then I use a damp sponge and a dabbing motion to blend it in evenly. Usually I still want higher coverage in my t zone so I dab on a bit in the area, drag to cover, let sit 30 seconds, blend in with sponge. This method gets me light to medium coverage which is all I really need. Formula: the formula of this is pretty typical of a tinted moisturizer but I find it has more pigment than other TMs on the market, like Laura Mercier's. It is silicone free, which means the moisturizer doesn't have the "slip" silicones provide. Ingredients: the reason why I started using this and why I use it on a daily basis is because the ingredients in here are phenomenal - the ingredients that cause acne, sensitive skin, and other skin woes are left out entirely (fragrance, silicones, dyes, chemical sunscreen, SLS, essential oils) which makes it the perfect compliment to the Drunk Elephant line and really ideal for acne prone or sensitive skin. It does use SPF 30 physical sunscreen, which is great protection from the sun, but will cause flashback in flash photography. Color Range: the color range is fairly good, albeit confusing. The range initially only had the whole number shades but when it became a best seller it was expanded to have .5 shades, which is very confusing because they added shades where they could squeeze them in which means that shade 4.5 might actually be darker than 5 and shade 7 might be lighter than 6 and so on, so you really should swatch a few shades with your undertone in the store. The undertones are also not entirely as described because 1.5 and 2 are supposed to both be neutral but 1.5 has yellow undertones while 2 looks pink in comparison. Summary: overall this is a great option for someone looking for a tinted moisturizer, light foundation, or a silicone free complexion product. The ingredients are all high quality and devoid of fillers and irritants making it perfect for acne prone or sensitive skin types and people of all ages. The application is fool proof although there are different methods to achieve different amounts of coverage. The shade range can be confusing and the numbers don't tell you how light/dark a shade is, but the number of shades is incredible for a tinted moisturizer. This product repeatedly wins awards, like the Allure Best of Beauty, because it is a great multi purpose face product that protects while it gives coverage. I'd recommend this to anyone, just keep in mind that it does use physical sunscreen so if you are going to be in flash photography pass on this for a SPF free foundation for the night.
Alexis P.
South Hadley, MA
Review for: Vanilla 02 more...
In the last month and a half I have bought and tested out five different foundations and that’s just what I’ve tried in the last six weeks. As a makeup artist for the last 15 years I’ve used and tried many, many more!! I keep going back to bareMinerals Complexion Rescue tinted hydrating gel cream, it’s not even technically exactly what you would describe as a foundation but it sure is amazing. I have mature skin, maybe someone who would typically want a full coverage foundation, however this always leaves my skin looking the absolute best. It’s lightweight, great for your skin, and allows your natural glow to shine through while still giving enough coverage to keep the spots you don’t want noticed, unnoticed! All of that and it has a refreshingly inexpensive price point!! Try it and you’ll love it, so will your skin!! Always keeping you look fresh and beautiful.
Kathleen T.
Temple, GA
Review for: Other more...
This is a very long review.
I can't make up my mind on this product. I was really excited to try it after reading all of the great reviews. I like the ingredients, and I love that it's cruelty-free. But the first time I applied it I used a flat top kabuki brush (Morphe G7), which is the same brush I use to apply my Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer. I noticed that it started pilling, so that was no good. The next time I applied it I used my fingers, and it was a no go; I still had pilling problems. I also waited a few hours in between applying regular moisturizer and this product to make sure that the pilling wasn't due to product build-up on my face. After researching online, I read some reviews that said the best way to apply Complexion Rescue was with the BM Smoothing Face Brush which was designed specifically for this product. Normally I would never buy a special brush just for one product, but I decided to invest in it anyway. I dabbed a few drops of Complexion Rescue over my face and gently buffed it in with the Smoothing Face brush, and I didn't have any problems with pilling. It looked fantastic! It covered my redness, left a smooth and natural finish, and looked really healthy. It also didn't leave my t-zone as oily as my Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer, which was why I bought the BM one in the first place. However, I took off a star because you need to use the BM brush, and that brush is $30. Although it's a one time expense, it's the principle of the matter that I don't like. I wore this product a few more times, loved the way it looked, but noticed it didn't last as long on my skin as the Laura Mericer one does. Oh well, no big deal, I thought, since I usually only wear makeup when I have to go to my one class at 5:30. Since I've started to focus on taking the best care of my skin as possible, I've been trying to wear less makeup. Plus, I'm a second year grad student and don't have the energy to go through my entire makeup routine everyday. This product seems to check off every thing I was looking for, but here's why I took off another star: it broke my skin out. I have combination-dry, extremely sensitive skin that's prone to eczema and dermatitis. Complexion Rescue did not aggravate those problems, but it did leave me with pimple-like bumps on my cheeks, underneath my cheekbones. When I took my makeup off at the end of the day, washed my face, and applied moisturizer before going to bed, I noticed the bumps. When I woke up in the morning, however, they were gone. I didn't think much of this since my skin is so reactive, until it kept happening. On days where I didn't wear this product I didn't have this problem. So I don't know what's up with this. I'm going to return it to Ulta and try another brand.
I would completely recommend this product, however, because it does look fantastic, it has great ingredients, and most people don't have such temperamental skin like mine, but ONLY if you want to invest in the brush. If not, which is completely understandable, then I'd try to find something else.
Melanie T.
Hiram, OH
Review for: Opal 01 more...
This product is very light, versatile and moisturizing! I use this as a base before applying my concealer and matte powder foundation and I have no complaints! I use the tiniest of amounts - a dot the size of a sprinkle on each cheek, my chin, my nose and my forehead - and blend it into my skin with the BM Smoothing Face brush. I'm amazed at how moisturized this small amount makes my skin feel; one morning I accidentally forgot to put moisturizer on after my shower, which usually leaves my skin feeling tight and dry, but I applied this during my usual makeup application and that feeling was avoided! This goes on pretty sheer, but serves as a great base for a foundation (especially a powder one) OR can be built to provide more substantial coverage white like a liquid foundation. This could also serve on its own as a light facial sunscreen on a trip to the beach with a very natural, no-makeup feel. Love it!
Devon H.
Austin, TX
Review for: Opal 01 (fair skin, cool tone) more...
I bought this looking for a nice, lightweight product to wear to class. In the past, the tinted moisturizers, BB creams, and CC creams that I've tried have made my face look greasy within about 30 minutes. The BareMinerals one actually has lasting power! I apply this with my fingers and get light-medium coverage (more than the "none" coverage I've gotten with others). I set this with powder and wear it on days when I either don't want to wear foundation or on my good skin days. It covers my redness and blemishes decently, but I still put some concealer over those areas. Right now the shade "Opal" is too dark for me because I get icy pale in the dead of winter, but it is a great shade match for me during the rest of the year.
Blair N.
This is an amazing tinted moisturizer, and worth every penny. I use this in place of foundation most days because it is so tinted. (Otherwise I will use Physicians Formula The Healthy Foundation SPF 20 blended on top for a fuller coverage). The shade Ginger 06 is perfect for my light-medium skin (which surprised me because I have cool undertones rather than warm). I had originally tried the shade Natural 05 but that was too light for me. It blends well and feels heavenly on my skin. I only wish there was more product for the price (but like I said, still 100% worth it- and you can find it for around $21 on Amazon, instead of $30). I don't even want to try a different brand. I am a complexion rescue fan for life!
Chelsea H.
Review for: Birch 1.5 more...
I really enjoy this tinted moisturizer. I use the bare minerals powder foundation and these pair nicely together. I'll use this alone on a natural day or I'll top it with the foundation for more coverage. I am fairly light in the foundation and birch in completion rescue. I like that I can feel like I'm putting something good on my face rather than slathering it with something that will make me break out. I haven't had any complexion issues since using this and I've been using it for about a year. I just barely had to repurchase so the tube will last you a long time. I plan to keep this in my beauty routine!
Tiffany R.
This tinted moisturizer was okay. I got it for free with a Sephora favorites set. You can get it at Sephora, Ulta or Nordstrom's for $30. I wouldn't buy it because it was not for me. With that being said, everyone is different and has different skin. Just because it didn't work for me doesn't mean it will not work for you.

Pros - It looks nice on people with dry skin or oily skin. I have dry skin, my sister has oily skin. It is light weight, like a tinted moisturizer should be.

Cons - I feel like this gives SUPER light coverage. I know this is a tinted moisturizer, and it is supposed to be light coverage, but I really had to layer to get the light coverage I got and my skin is not even bad. I have the occasional break outs and dark spots, but I was having a good skin day all three times I wore this. I gave up and passed it to my sister. She has clear skin, she just likes playing with makeup, but she ended up tossing it. When I think of a tinted moisturizer, I think of a light weight product, that gives your skin a natural makeup look while keeping it moisturized. I literally looked like I just got tan with discoloration. I also could not find my shade, so since it was free, I settled. I think they have about 16 shades.

I do really like Bare minerals as a brand though m, this just didn't work for ME.
Gladys D.
Williamstown , NJ
Review for: Natural 05 more...
I got this as a sample in a recent ulta order. I have never tried anything from bare minerals and was eager to try it since in sister loves this brand. First the color matched me perfectly and went on easily. I was fine with the coverage and at first I looked dewy and fresh and I liked the way it looked. Then after a few hours my skin just kept getting oilier and oilier. I wore it during my long day at work 12 hrs and blotted and powdered 3 times and still came home looking like I had ran a mile and 90 degree weather. I wore this over the weekend outside and it wasn’t enough spf for me and I got sunburnt
Kimberly J.
Spring Hill, FL
Review for: Natural 05 more...
BareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel is probably one of the best things I’ve ever put on my face! I’m a creature of habit so I stick with what I know works for me... Well, I’ve always been a big fan of BareMinerals and of a good B.B. cream so I thought this is the best of both worlds and I was right! It was velvety and it didn’t sit on top of your face, it melted right into it and it left you with a beautiful glow... My only complaint is that it doesn’t come in a wide range of colors so I had to buy two shade and mix them but other than that, I love, love, love this product!
Rachel N.
Dorchester, ontario
Does this have good coverage?
Aysia A.
San Tan Vly, AZ
Do people just wear this alone and without powder?
Rachita S.
Lyndhurst, OH
Does it work for combination/oily skin? Does it provide a medium coverage? Or is it sheer?
Lauren K.
Brooklyn, MI
I have really dry sensitive skin and have been looking to get this, does this work well with sensitive skin?
Taylor R.
Greenwood, IN
I've been looking for a light based foundation and I've heard a lot about this product. I have used other bare mineral products but not anything like this. I'm just starting out with makeup and was wondering if this would be a good beginners product.