BY BAREMINERALS #8 in Tinted Moisturizers

• Shade Range: 16 True-to-you Shades
  • Allure Best Of Beauty Award Winner
  • Glamour Magazine Glammy Award Winner

Natural-looking Makeup On The Go

Created To Do More With Less, Complexion Rescue Hydrating Gel Cream Packs A Powerful Punch As A Moisturizer, Foundation And Spf, All In One. Touted As A Tinted Moisturizer - But Also Adored As A Daily Moisturizing Foundation For Many - This Mighty Little Mineral Makeup Tube Provides The Wonderfully Hydrating Benefits Of Both Bb Cream And Cc Cream With Powerful Broad Spectrum Spf 30 To Reveal A Naturally Radiant Finish That's Always Photo-ready.

Powerful Hydrating Foundation

Perfect For Busy Women And Moms On-the-go, Our Award-winning Tinted Moisturizer Can Double As Face Primer, Makes A Lovely, Lightweight Foundation For A Day At The Beach, And Also Provides A Gorgeous A Post-workout Glow.

Empowered By The Benefits Of Natural Ingredients Including Marine Botanicals And Mineral Electrolytes That Hydrate And Boost Your Skin's Natural Beauty, After Just One Week Of Using Complexion Rescue, Women Have Experienced An Average Of 215% Increase In Skin Hydration

Benfits:

• Powerful Hydration: Marine Botanicals, Hydrating Humectants And Coconut-derived Ingredients Help To Replenish, Nourish And Condition Thirsty Skin
  • Energizing Electrolytes: Calcium And Magnesium Help Replenish The Skin, While Potassium Helps Promote Skin’s Moisture Balance
  • Refreshing Feeling: Unique Water-encapsulations Give Skin An Instant Burst Of Hydration Upon Application With A Light, Cooling Sensation
  • Helps To Protect Against Environmental Stressors With The Antioxidant Heart-leaf Globe Daisy
  • Provides Broad Spectrum Spf 30 Non-chemical, Mineral-based Sun Protection
  • Recommended By The Skin Cancer Foundation As Effective Broad Spectrum Sunscreen
  • Buildable, Sheer-to-medium Coverage
  • Non-comedogenic
  • Non-acnegenic
  • Hypoallergenic
  • Dermatologist Tested
  • Formulated Without Parabens, Binders Or Fillers
  • None Of Our Products Are Tested On Animals

How To Use:

To Fully Experience The Power Of Complexion Rescue, Pair It With Our Smoothing Face Brush To Build Your Desired Level Of Coverage. The Dual Fiber Synthetic Brush Is Specially Designed To Seamlessly Blend Our Tinted Moisturizer While Providing Control And Diffusion For A Beautiful, Lightly Airbrushed Finish.

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide 6.2%
Butylene Glycol, Lauroyl Lysine, Sodium Hyaluronate, Succinoglycan,
Polysorbate 60, Cellulose Gum, Polyglyceryl-4 Laurate/Succinate,
Sorbitan Sesquiisostearate, Magnesium Stearate, Magnesium Hydroxide,
Magnesium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Calcium Chloride, Potassium
Sorbate, Phenoxyethanol. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide, Iron Oxides.

• How does this product work with acne prone combination sk...4 Answers
  • I use sunscreen every day because I like to protect my sk...1 Answers
  • I currently use Juice Beauty CC Cream, but I have been su...1 Answers
bareMinerals Complexion Rescue™ Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream
  • "i love this complexion cream so much. when i brought it i initially thought it would be a bb cream and wouldn't have much coverage, which is what i was after. but for £28 i thought it was worth a try, as i was on accutane (an acne medication) at the time and needed something that would let my skin breath yet still even out my skin tone; and this did exactly that. it lasted the full day and i still had a natural glow by the time i had finished work 8 hours later. the only thing i can fault is the shade range which i don't feel is wide enough." in 147 reviews
  • "i love natural ingredients in skin care, so the mineral base & botanicals are a huge plus for me. the product does even out the pink in my face and finding a good match for my skin tone was easy. it wouldn't cover heavy acne marks or mask undereye circles single handedly though (it does say sheer coverage, so that's fair). the dewy finish is as advertised, and is usually nice but can be a bit to shiny for me on my more oily days (i'm pale, i don't glow, i just glare/blind. but it's easily balanced with a light sweep of powder. i like that the product feels light weight, though is kinda weird to blend. it also doesn't dry out skin, nor did it break my sensitive skin out (in zits or hives). i used my usual gel moisturizer under, just because i don't think this would be enough for my dryer skin. the product lasted during my day out, and felt good on. it looked pretty (especially if you like a very dewy look) and did what it promised to do. bonus: i feel like my skin looks brighter /calmer redness wise after i wash this stuff off!" in 72 reviews
Kim M.
Review for: Vanilla 02 (light skin, neutral tone), Natural 05, Other more...
First of all let me say this: this is NOT a foundation and therefore it will not cover any scars or hyperpigmentation or the like - that's what concealer is for anyway. It seems silly to rate a tinted moisturizer low for not covering up imperfections when the point of a tinted moisturizer is to give sun protection, moisturize skin, and provide a veil of color to even out skin tone - all of which this product does really well. I've used this product for years and gone through probably 5 tubes of 3 or 4 different shades and I always have at least two on hand. Coverage/Application: When I started using this product I didn't have great skin, it was very dry and dehydrated, sensitive, acne prone, and uneven in tone. It was great then to give light medium coverage and even my skin tone and then I would go in with a concealer to cover active acne and scars and then powdered with a powder foundation to increase the coverage and overall I got the coverage of a medium coverage foundation but while using less heavy and occlusive ingredients so my skin could breathe and not break out any worse. Since switching my skincare to Drunk Elephant my skin is looking infinitely better but I still use this tinted moisturizer to make my face match my neck in tone and give a little coverage for the imperfections that are still around, but I no longer find the need to spend 10 minutes spot concealing and I swapped my powder foundation for a translucent powder in my t zone. For people that want to get more coverage out of this, you can! There are some tricks to work with it to give you light-medium coverage instead of sheer: for one, don't use a brush since it just soaks up the product and drags it around and don't use your fingers since it will only give sheer coverage. I like to put dabs all over my face and then with the lightest touch smear it so there is a layer everywhere - I don't blend it in, just drag it to cover all skin. Then I let it set for a minute or two so that the moisture is absorbed by the skin leaving the pigments on top. Then I use a damp sponge and a dabbing motion to blend it in evenly. Usually I still want higher coverage in my t zone so I dab on a bit in the area, drag to cover, let sit 30 seconds, blend in with sponge. This method gets me light to medium coverage which is all I really need. Formula: the formula of this is pretty typical of a tinted moisturizer but I find it has more pigment than other TMs on the market, like Laura Mercier's. It is silicone free, which means the moisturizer doesn't have the "slip" silicones provide. Ingredients: the reason why I started using this and why I use it on a daily basis is because the ingredients in here are phenomenal - the ingredients that cause acne, sensitive skin, and other skin woes are left out entirely (fragrance, silicones, dyes, chemical sunscreen, SLS, essential oils) which makes it the perfect compliment to the Drunk Elephant line and really ideal for acne prone or sensitive skin. It does use SPF 30 physical sunscreen, which is great protection from the sun, but will cause flashback in flash photography. Color Range: the color range is fairly good, albeit confusing. The range initially only had the whole number shades but when it became a best seller it was expanded to have .5 shades, which is very confusing because they added shades where they could squeeze them in which means that shade 4.5 might actually be darker than 5 and shade 7 might be lighter than 6 and so on, so you really should swatch a few shades with your undertone in the store. The undertones are also not entirely as described because 1.5 and 2 are supposed to both be neutral but 1.5 has yellow undertones while 2 looks pink in comparison. Summary: overall this is a great option for someone looking for a tinted moisturizer, light foundation, or a silicone free complexion product. The ingredients are all high quality and devoid of fillers and irritants making it perfect for acne prone or sensitive skin types and people of all ages. The application is fool proof although there are different methods to achieve different amounts of coverage. The shade range can be confusing and the numbers don't tell you how light/dark a shade is, but the number of shades is incredible for a tinted moisturizer. This product repeatedly wins awards, like the Allure Best of Beauty, because it is a great multi purpose face product that protects while it gives coverage. I'd recommend this to anyone, just keep in mind that it does use physical sunscreen so if you are going to be in flash photography pass on this for a SPF free foundation for the night.
Alexis P.
South Hadley, MA
Review for: Vanilla 02 more...
In the last month and a half I have bought and tested out five different foundations and that’s just what I’ve tried in the last six weeks. As a makeup artist for the last 15 years I’ve used and tried many, many more!! I keep going back to bareMinerals Complexion Rescue tinted hydrating gel cream, it’s not even technically exactly what you would describe as a foundation but it sure is amazing. I have mature skin, maybe someone who would typically want a full coverage foundation, however this always leaves my skin looking the absolute best. It’s lightweight, great for your skin, and allows your natural glow to shine through while still giving enough coverage to keep the spots you don’t want noticed, unnoticed! All of that and it has a refreshingly inexpensive price point!! Try it and you’ll love it, so will your skin!! Always keeping you look fresh and beautiful.
Elena P.
Murrieta, CA
Review for: Bamboo 5.5 more...
Just to be clear I know this is not a foundation. I know it’s not a heavy or full coverage item !!! But it was the first tinted moisturizer I have used. I liked it initially or should I say when it was applied to me at the makeup counter , I have dry skin but shine is an issue even after makeup is applied. So i was looking for something that wasn’t drying but matte. I can’t wear full coverage makeup because it doesn’t work well for my face. I’ve tried many high brands and drugstore brands and they just don’t sit well even after a good exfoliate and primer. Anyways I walked out buying this because she made me look bomb dot com. But after using it the next day I was so shiny or “glowing” I should say And I hated it. Even after setting it in i just felt like the product wasn’t for me. Then I realized oh duh she put powder and all the works on my after wards. After trying a few other things I went back and exchanged it for their pressed powder so fingers crossed ! I liked this but I didn’t love it. I rather have a bare face then wear this because it really didn’t make a difference to me and my skin type.
Melanie h.
Oberlin, OH
Review for: Opal 01 more...
This product is very light, versatile and moisturizing! I use this as a base before applying my concealer and matte powder foundation and I have no complaints! I use the tiniest of amounts - a dot the size of a sprinkle on each cheek, my chin, my nose and my forehead - and blend it into my skin with the BM Smoothing Face brush. I'm amazed at how moisturized this small amount makes my skin feel; one morning I accidentally forgot to put moisturizer on after my shower, which usually leaves my skin feeling tight and dry, but I applied this during my usual makeup application and that feeling was avoided! This goes on pretty sheer, but serves as a great base for a foundation (especially a powder one) OR can be built to provide more substantial coverage white like a liquid foundation. This could also serve on its own as a light facial sunscreen on a trip to the beach with a very natural, no-makeup feel. Love it!
Jessie F.
Review for: Opal 01 more...
I love complexion rescue! I haven't been using it for very long since i'm new to using prestige brands, but this is my favorite so far. I can usually get it with a discount from the bareMinerals site and I barely have to use any product so it lasts a long time. I have pretty oily skin so it doesn't do anything for keeping the shine down, but it always feels good on my skin and very light. Also I can find it in a light enough shade for my face, which is really hard for me to find. The coverage isn't perfect but it's all I need as long as I have a good concealer for the bad spots on my face, and it typically blends well. I really do love this stuff but recently for some reason it's started to clump on and around my nose. I haven't changed anything in my routine so i'm not sure why it's doing that but I figure my face will work itself out eventually. I'm not giving up on it yet!
Rebecca T.
Hazlet
Review for: Vanilla 02 more...
This is my holy grail.  For mature skin, I don't think there is a better tinted moisturizer period.  The stuff contains hyaluronic acid and really plumps the skin.  It gives sheer to light coverage and you can add a generous amount to the face without it getting greasy - as long as your skin tends to be dry.  A lighter layer would probably be better for oily skin.  The finish is very dewy and on hot days, you might need a little setting powder, but that's not a big deal to me.  Another thing I like is the fact that since it's sheer and "melty", you can apply it with your fingers.  No sparkle, which is a plus.
Emily S.
Birmingham
Review for: Buttercream 03 more...
I really love this tinted moisturizer. I received a sample of it and ended up going out and buying the full size immediately.
This product is great when I'm looking for something lightweight to even out my skin tone. I usually wear it on the weekends when I'm running errands or going to be spending a lot of time outdoors because I don't sweat it off. I still use a moisturizer and sometimes a primer (for redness) under this cream, but I'm sure you could wear it alone.
It's perfect for those looking for something simple and easy to apply that gives you an even-toned look.
Kimberly J.
Spring Hill, FL
Review for: Natural 05 more...
BareMinerals Complexion Rescue Tinted Hydrating Gel is probably one of the best things I’ve ever put on my face! I’m a creature of habit so I stick with what I know works for me... Well, I’ve always been a big fan of BareMinerals and of a good B.B. cream so I thought this is the best of both worlds and I was right! It was velvety and it didn’t sit on top of your face, it melted right into it and it left you with a beautiful glow... My only complaint is that it doesn’t come in a wide range of colors so I had to buy two shade and mix them but other than that, I love, love, love this product!
Shay Y.
Atlanta, GA
I had been using Purlisse BB Cream and I liked it but wasn't in love with it. It left my skin dry by mid-day and it would literally flake off if I happened to be having an extra dry day.

I started looking for an alternative and this one kept coming up. I tried to find samples but with no luck I just bit the bullet and bought a tube. The first color was too light but I eventually got a perfect match in Vanilla (#2) and it's now my favorite product.

I have dry/combo skin — the kind that breaks out if I don't moisturize enough — and I was afraid this would be like the Purlisse with big promises of moisture that never delivered. Not the case! It IS very moisturizing but not at all oily. It doesn't hang on to my dry spots nor does it slip off my more normal areas. My skin is just more radiant and balanced when I'm wearing it and honestly, I think it's even improved when I'm not wearing it.

The coverage is light but not sheer. It's more than a tinted moisturizer but less than foundation and that's the sweet spot for me. As I get further into my 40's (eek!) I see that heavy foundation is not my friend and a lighter coverage is the most flattering. This covers my imperfections and evens out my skin tone just enough that it looks like I have very healthy skin. Yes!

Other things to note are that it's got zero fragrance (yahoo!), it does not oxidize at all (another yahoo!), and it contains a decent SPF. It's just an all-around great product that I'm so grateful to have found.
Lori L.
I thought I had already reviewed this, but I guess not. I made the switch to a liquid foundation after I realized powder foundation was making me look older. I received a recommendation for the complexion rescue cream from a Sephora employee after I told her I was looking for a liquid but I didn't want anything heavy. This is the perfect cream for me. It's lightweight with just enough coverage that I am comfortable but not so much that I feel I'm wearing foundation from the 80s. bareMinerals Complexion Rescue™ Tinted Hydrating Gel Cream
Rachel N.
Dorchester, ontario
Does this have good coverage?
Aysia N.
San Tan Vly, AZ
Do people just wear this alone and without powder?
Lauren K.
Brooklyn, MI
I have really dry sensitive skin and have been looking to get this, does this work well with sensitive skin?
Rachita S.
Lyndhurst, OH
Does it work for combination/oily skin? Does it provide a medium coverage? Or is it sheer?
Taylor R.
Greenwood, IN
I've been looking for a light based foundation and I've heard a lot about this product. I have used other bare mineral products but not anything like this. I'm just starting out with makeup and was wondering if this would be a good beginners product.