BY BARE ESCENTUALS #6 in Tinted Moisturizers

This versatile cream achieves dewy, sheer-to-medium coverage to give skin a radiant, soft, and smooth-looking appearance. Formulated with mineral electrolytes to help energize skin, it’s also infused with marine botanicals to help replenish dry skin. It contains heart-leaf globe daisy, an antioxidant, which aids in protecting against environmental stressors—improving the appearance of skin while keeping it hydrated.

• I have always wanted to try this foundation and I would love to t...2 Answers
  • How is the consistency of this product??2 Answers
  • Is this full coverage?1 Answers
Kathleen T.
Temple, GA
Review for: Other
This is a very long review.
I can't make up my mind on this product. I was really excited to try it after reading all of the great reviews. I like the ingredients, and I love that it's cruelty-free. But the first time I applied it I used a flat top kabuki brush (Morphe G7), which is the same brush I use to apply my Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer. I noticed that it started pilling, so that was no good. The next time I applied it I used my fingers, and it was a no go; I still had pilling problems. I also waited a few hours in between applying regular moisturizer and this product to make sure that the pilling wasn't due to product build-up on my face. After researching online, I read some reviews that said the best way to apply Complexion Rescue was with the BM Smoothing Face Brush which was designed specifically for this product. Normally I would never buy a special brush just for one product, but I decided to invest in it anyway. I dabbed a few drops of Complexion Rescue over my face and gently buffed it in with the Smoothing Face brush, and I didn't have any problems with pilling. It looked fantastic! It covered my redness, left a smooth and natural finish, and looked really healthy. It also didn't leave my t-zone as oily as my Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer, which was why I bought the BM one in the first place. However, I took off a star because you need to use the BM brush, and that brush is $30. Although it's a one time expense, it's the principle of the matter that I don't like. I wore this product a few more times, loved the way it looked, but noticed it didn't last as long on my skin as the Laura Mericer one does. Oh well, no big deal, I thought, since I usually only wear makeup when I have to go to my one class at 5:30. Since I've started to focus on taking the best care of my skin as possible, I've been trying to wear less makeup. Plus, I'm a second year grad student and don't have the energy to go through my entire makeup routine everyday. This product seems to check off every thing I was looking for, but here's why I took off another star: it broke my skin out. I have combination-dry, extremely sensitive skin that's prone to eczema and dermatitis. Complexion Rescue did not aggravate those problems, but it did leave me with pimple-like bumps on my cheeks, underneath my cheekbones. When I took my makeup off at the end of the day, washed my face, and applied moisturizer before going to bed, I noticed the bumps. When I woke up in the morning, however, they were gone. I didn't think much of this since my skin is so reactive, until it kept happening. On days where I didn't wear this product I didn't have this problem. So I don't know what's up with this. I'm going to return it to Ulta and try another brand.
I would completely recommend this product, however, because it does look fantastic, it has great ingredients, and most people don't have such temperamental skin like mine, but ONLY if you want to invest in the brush. If not, which is completely understandable, then I'd try to find something else.
Daena Rachel E.
jersey city, NJ
Review for: Ginger 06 (medium skin, golden tone)
This is my everyday go-to for foundation. It's SUPER lightweight that I sometimes forget I'm wearing any makeup. It's a little deceiving because it doesn't initally feel all that moisturizing, but it gets progressively better throughout the day in moisture and the way it looks. When I can take it off, I can actually feel a difference. It gives just enough coverage to even out the skin tone without looking like you're wearing heavy makeup.

I can understand the mixed reviews as you have to understand how to use this product. The first day I tried it, I HATED it. But after trying it again, I realized I was doing it all wrong. Less is more with this, too much makes a greasy and plastic looking mess. I also prefer using it wish a dense brush to get the most coverage out of it.
Mariana Z.
Review for: Ginger 06 (medium skin, golden tone)
I am obsessed with this BB cream, it is definitely my go to. It is extremely light weight, you do not feel it on your skin at all. It does have a dewy finish to it, but it makes you look like your skin but better, it doesn’t have a lot of coverage so if you have blemishes or hyper pigmentation or discoloration I don’t think this would cover it at all. But if you want to just even out your skin tone and a base to put on blush, bronzer and highlighter without using a full coverage foundation then this is amazing! I would definitely recommend to use a brush with it since it is very light coverage, if you use a beauty sponge it will absorb pretty much the whole product.
Rebecca W.
New Haven, CT
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: Suede 04 (medium skin, cool tone)
I bought this stuff when it first came out and JUST finished it. Honestly - I didn’t love it, although it wasn’t greasy at all and had a great texture when I put it on my skin, it didn’t give me enough coverage even for everyday wear- and I would say I’m pretty low maintenance when I wear make up for work!
Misty S.
Gastonia, NC
Review for: Opal 01 (fair skin, cool tone)
Great for those "no makeup" makeup days! A lovely formula with a nice SPF that evens out mild discoloration and gives a dewy, hydrated look to the skin. I use this along with a light concealer under my eyes, and it's totally enough coverage for me. I hate that everyone thinks that they need full-coverage foundation every day. That is terrible for your skin! Try this, and let your skin show its beauty.
Jenna O.
Bloomington, IN
Review for: Opal 01 (fair skin, cool tone)
This is perfect for an everyday, very natural looking coverage- light coverage and SPF to protect your skin! I love the SPF because a lot of foundations don't have it, Bare minerals is such a good brand for keeping your skin protected, clear, and healthy! If you want a fuller coverage, this also works well as a moisturizing base for powder, and will keep your skin looking flawless!
Suzette G.
Beauty Junkie Expert
I tried this product because of the claim that it is HYDRATING right in the name; this product delivers! I tend to get oily ONLY on my forehead and my cheeks and chin get dry and wanted to test this product out and see if it would keep my skin feeling hydrated without getting cakey. I tried it out this morning for the first time and I love it! I squeeze about a dime size amount onto the back of my hand and started dabbing it onto my forehead, cheeks, and chin and started blending with my fingers (that's what the packaging says.) It is a creamy formula that feels great on my skin and doesn't feel runny or TOO thick. It was a pretty light layer and it did even out my skin pretty well with just a little bit but with the redness I have on my face and especially my cheeks I did another coat. 08 Spice seems to work perfectly for my skin tone as I have a tan skin tone with plenty of unwanted red in there; this shade seemed to hide all my redness while still maintaining the color of my skin(and not making me look like I applied another face) but providing great coverage that is buildable! This shade is best suited for tan to dark skin with golden tones; I don't really know if my skin has golden tones but this blended beautifully on my skin. As with all other Bare Minerals products you're going to pay over $20 for this foundation, but that is pretty well priced in my opinion as this foundation has OVER a full ounce of product in it; I also like Bare Minerals products as they are on the high end side but are not nearly as pricey as some of their fellow competitors. On days when I do not want to wear much makeup but still want to know that I have something on I think this is a great foundation to reach for; it is a lightweight formula but provides great coverage and as I said it is build able which makes it even better. I love the shade I picked as well, great buy! I will definitely repurchase when I use up my Spice!
Anabella M.
Chino , CA
Beauty Junkie Expert
Review for: Tan 07 (tan skin, neutral tone)
I bought this thinking it was going to help with all my shine the girl working there said it would help but it didn’t. This is for dry skin keeps you dewy it’s easy to apply it has good light coverage. This is something I would wear on a day I want light makeup. I would recommend it. It not for oily skin.
Amanda C.
Fall River, MA
Review for: Ginger 06 (medium skin, golden tone)
This is my everyday "foundation".  Super light weight with light coverage.   Evens out my skin with a beautiful glow. After I conceal, I powder my face with a light power and finish the rest of my routine. Looks like my skin but better.  My only con is the lasting power; if I don't use a primer or setting spray, the BB cream slips and slides everywhere.
Landyn F.
Kennesaw, GA
Review for: Opal 01 (fair skin, cool tone)
Color was good match to my skin but the product didn't work for me. Maybe because my skin is oily but it didn't blend, made my skin have the stripes look no matter what brush I used and didn't last long at all. Had really high hopes for the product because I love Bare Minerals but was not a fan of this particular one.
Rachel N.
Dorchester, ontario
Does this have good coverage?
Rachita S.
Lyndhurst, OH
Does it work for combination/oily skin? Does it provide a medium coverage? Or is it sheer?
Taylor R.
Greenwood, IN
I've been looking for a light based foundation and I've heard a lot about this product. I have used other bare mineral products but not anything like this. I'm just starting out with makeup and was wondering if this would be a good beginners product.
I have used quite a few Bare Minerals products in the past but never a liquid fave cream kr a foundation type product. How well does this hold up with combo skin in warm weather? Does it even out skin tone? Would be willing to buy based on past products but would like to hear a good review.
Rachel G.
State College, PA
Alright, so I took the plunge and picked this product up at my local Ulta. I'm just curious how others typically apply this product. Do you think it's worth it to get the brush that's advertised with it? Do you think using your hands works better? A sponge? Thoughts??