20 colors available

BY BAREMINERALS

Bare Escentuals bareMinerals bareSkin Pure Brightening Serum Foundation Beauty Shop by Category - Makeup

• What is the best way to apply this? Would you recommend a brush or ...9 Answers
  • Does this cover redness and dry patches?1 Answers
  • What is the best way to apply this foundation? Sponge? brush? 2 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Jennifer M.
Jennifer M.
Arden, NC
Wow! What a weird foundation (if I can even call it that.) It is serum like so they didn't lie about that. I was matched professionally and after wearing the trial run for a full day, I agreed that was the shade. I have combo skin and I'm not the biggest fan of dewy finishes but I figured it's summer, why the hell not? Oh mylanta, let me just start with the separation that occurs within the bottle. No matter how hard I shook or how I stored it, I always got semi-clear liquid with pigment several drops later. Then there was the weird oxidation that happened (I think?) Maybe the lighting was different or maybe I got paler overnight (I was not tanning before I bought this) but one day I applied my foundation and it was comically orange/yellow. I have yellow undertones so I expected it almost but holy crap between all that and the gimmicky brush I bought for this, I have never hated a product so vehemently. That's not even touching on the fact that it offers 0 coverage and despite all my efforts it would not blend. Just sat awkwardly on the skin like a mask. Yuck.
Illa A.
Illa A.
Syracuse, NY
This was the first foundation I ever bought and it was weird because I had nothing to compare it to. But after using it for a while, with a combination of other foundation products and brands, I can definitely say it's not my favorite. I think the main pro of this product is its formula. It's very silky and almost second-skin-like. They do say it's a serum foundation, so that was interesting to use and definitely comfortable on the skin, but it made me look a little shiny sometimes, and my skin is on the drier side. I would say the main con is the packaging and the way this product dispenses. It's so hard to get it to come out of the bottle sometimes, and when you do get it to come out it pours way too much and ends up wasting product. Sometimes when I shake it (which you're supposed to do) it will bubble out the top even when I don't squeeze the bottle, so that's really frustrating and messy. Overall it's a decent foundation, and I love bareminerals, but there are definitely better ones out there.
Lulu
Lulu
This foundation is perfect for everyday use!! You can wear it as a light coverage foundation or build it up to be medium to full depending on your skin type. This foundation is also very beneficial to the skin because it's not heavy and is made with ingredients that are good for your skin! and that's why I love it so much and use it almost everyday. It's also very good for young lady's who are just starting to wear makeup and don't want to get early wrinkles, yet awesome for older or even woman in the middle because it gives a very natural healthy glow. If I had one complaint about this foundation it would have to be the drying time, because when I put powder on to set it it becomes slightly cakey. And even after I'm wearing it for awhile and I'm on the phone or something along those lines, it tends to wipe off on the item. But I would totally recommend this to anyone looking for a good everyday foundation that will protect and benefit your skin at the same time!!
Hema M.
Hema M.
I have the shade 15 bare honey. This foundation is ok. First and foremost, you have to have flawless skin when applying this foundation! It doesn't cover any dark pigmentation and it sinks into cracks!! When I first got this foundation I used a stippling brush and the foundation just sat on my face. Then I used good buffing brush. The product was easy to push it into the skin and it felt lightweight. It is good for everyday wear but I have dry skin and this foundation cling to dry patches. I have changed my skin prep before applying this and it has worked for a couple of hours until my skin gets dry again. I have also noticed my skin breakout after using this foundation. I have not seen any improvement in my skin. Also, the setting sprays (Mac fix plus) seem to separate the foundation. I would not repurchase since it does not give me the coverage/long wear I want.
Sarah V.
Sarah V.
I bought his product because I love the brand and how natural it is, but oh man this turned out to be a nightmare for me. Let me start of with some pros, I liked how easy it was to find my shade, I thought the price was fair, I liked how t have me an even flawless base, I loved that it had SPF and I liked how it was a liquid serum foundation. Cons: I hated how oily it made me yet it clinged to the dry patches on my face at the same time, so weird. I did not like the brush that was created for it, it was so streaky yet using another tool was also difficult and never achieved the look I was going for. This makeup did not last whatsoever on my face even with a primer. It started separating after like 2-3 hrs. Due to the types of cons this product was a no go for me, I would never repurchase this ever again.
Kelsie M.
Kelsie M.
New Stanton, PA
Beauty Junkie Expert
I was a bit nervous to try this based on others' reviews. However, I love it! I apply in dots on my face working with smaller areas, and blend with my Real Techniques Expert Face brush. I think it applies evenly, nicely, and is easy to build fuller coverage if needed. This did not budge for TEN hours! When I was color testing in the store I did notice some bottles dispensing way too much at a time, but this could be from getting constantly beat up as a sample. I can see how this foundation may not yield good results when applied with a sponge or fingers, and can only say that it worked really well for me with the brush. Color matches great; there is a pretty wide variety to choose from, as well.
Dar T.
Dar T.
Atlanta, GA
A little goes a long and fabulous way! This SPF 20 foundation allows you to build coverage from sheer to heavy but it still looks natural. I recommend the special brush that bareMinerals sells to make the application as flawless as you want it to be. The Prime Time Foundation Primer is also a wonderful product to use with the Serum Foundation but it isn't necessary. I use the primer when I've got a long day and night ahead but skip it for a regular day. If possible, go to a bareMinerals counter to get your color match. The staff are very knowledgeable and you'll end up with a flawless color. I have one that I use for 9 months and a slightly darker shade for summer. I'm hooked!
Berlin L.
Berlin L.
Sun City, CA
This foundation may have unicorn dust or some type of magic in it because it is completely amazing. It manages to make you look flawless, yet it doesn't look heavy on the skin. I have dry skin, so i enjoyed the oily consistency, but I do not think someone with oily skin would dislike it. The finish is very natural, but not too dewy. If you top it off with some mineral veil, you can mattify it. With powder, it holds up for hours on end, but without, it is not as long-lasting. If it does wear off, it does so gradually and it is not patchy. I also love the ingredients in it because it somehow clears my skin and rids me of blackheads. I would definitely repurchase many times.
Rachel R.
Rachel R.
Tecumseh, OK
Beauty Junkie Expert
I love this stuff! Sephora didn't have a sample light enough for me, so I got a sample in my mom's color and applied it for her before a family reunion. It looked SO beautiful and, because it's a serum, was so thin and comfortable on her face that she asked me to buy a full-size bottle for her! That's surprising, because she normally HATES liquid foundations and how cakey they can be! She usually prefers powder foundations because she can vary how many layers she needs and it still stays light on her face. I also thought $29.50 for such a big bottle of foundation (that you only need a couple of drops of for full coverage) was such a good deal! Good job, bareMinerals!
Hi V.
Hi V.
Plano, TX
I really wanted to like this. I tried the into pack that included the brush, serum foundation and setting powder mineral veil. The foundation just settles into my pores and there's spots all over. Pictures of me wearing this foundation come out flawless but reality and a mirror tell another story. I'm a HUGE fan of the Ready foundation by BM and like the regular loose powder as well as the complexion rescue. This one just isn't for me at all.

A little about my skin- it's dry but managed through skincare. I'm in the age range 30-40 so aging is a concern. Pores are average where other foundations don't accentuate them.
Alexiss C.
Alexiss C.
Beauty Junkie Expert
Is this a good winter foundation?
Lorelei K.
Lorelei K.
Beauty Junkie Expert
What is the best way to apply this? Would you recommend a brush or beauty blender?
Vanessa D.
Vanessa D.
Does this foundation last a long time on the face.
Mandy P.
Mandy P.
Richmond, KY
I just bought this and I anticipate one bottle will last a long because of how little I use each time but I was currious how often people find themselves running out?
Crystal C.
Crystal C.
I have always been tempted to try this but have a doubt. Is this okay on people with oily/combination skin?