Jillian T.
Clarkston, MI
Review for: Warm Natural 12 more...
THE ONE I'VE BEEN LOOKING FOR! Okay, so when this foundation was first released, it got a hard pass from me because I saw it was full coverage and matte, which are two things I steer clear of. My skin is normal, being slightly oily in my t-zone but nothing too terrible. I also have pretty clear skin (for the most part) and tend to opt for a more natural finish. Recently, I attended a Bare Minerals masterclass at the Ulta I work at and it was centered around their entire BarePro line. I didn't expect to like (let alone LOVE) any of the products, but I decided to keep an open mind. When we applied the foundation, we used their Luxe Performance brush that was created to work specifically with this foundation (another thing I was skeptical about, being an avid Beauty Blender user my whole makeup-wearing life). After I applied the foundation I noticed it covered all the redness I have (I just started using Differin so my skin is adjusting to the high levels of retinol), and it didn't emphasize any dry patches; it just glided over everything so effortlessly. They then had us apply the concealer (which is also a godsend for someone with deep expression lines under her eyes aka me), and moved right into the bronzer. I, being someone who tends to be more on the oily side, was confused when we did not set the foundation with powder, as I've never applied liquid foundation without setting it afterwards. I shrugged it off and continued following the instruction of the artist. After the class was done, I shopped around the store for a bit, and I noticed I couldn't stop staring at myself in every mirror I passed. My skin looked so natural and skin-like, but also nearly flawless. I could still see my freckles, a feature I like to embrace rather than hide, but the rest of my skin tone was evened out. My mom urged me to purchase this foundation (which she never does because I have more makeup than anyone knows what to do with), so I was sold. I decided to keep my makeup on all day to see how well the foundation would hold up throughout the day, even though I had originally intended to wash it off after the class. I was shocked when every time I looked in the mirror (I did check-ins every hour), it looked like it was freshly applied! My normally oily t-zone did not look shiny until around the 14 hour mark, which was right before I was going to remove my makeup for the day anyway. I have been wearing this foundation every day for the past few weeks and it still is just as beautiful as the first time I tried it, and I have never once set it with powder. If you have dry to slightly oily skin, you should be able to get away with never having to powder with this, and if you have oily skin, you may need to touch up with a bit of powder later on in the day, but it will still look beautiful before and after. I cannot stop recommending this foundation to every customer that asks for a new foundation, and I've had a few customers already come back in to tell me how much they love it.